O7. Unexpected

The Path

It's been three days since the get together at Jieun's house,and now it's time for their yearly road trip. Jieun could not even be more happier that they're leaving for five days. She's been avoiding Kai like a plague ever since the 'almost kiss' incident between them.

"Come on!!! LET'S GO!!!!" Jieun barged in the Park's house and dropped her bags on the floor heading upstairs. Once she entered Eunbi's room she noticed that she was still in the bathroom.

"Yah Park Eunbi! Hurry Up~" She whined while banging on the bathroom door. She was greeted by a towel being wrapped around her head and eventually was on the floor trapped in a headlock. "Ahhhhhhh!!!! Eunbi let me go!!!"She yelled.

"It's 8:30 in the morning. I told you to be here by 12 pm... If you don't leave me in peace. I will finish what I started and it won't be pretty." Eunbi whispered threateningly. Jieun could only nod in fear. Eunbi finally let her go and she ran out the room as fast as she could.

"PARK EUNBI IS A MEANIE!!!" She yelled running downstairs. *She better be happy my parents aren't here or she would've been dead by now.* Eunbi thought chuckling.

Hearing the commotion, Baekhyun came out of his room alarmed and noticed that Eunbi's bedroom door was open. He walked up to her door and froze at the scene in front of him. Eunbi was wrapped only in a towel, her long wet hair was hanging down her back and she was sitting on her bed with her back facing the door. *Byun Baekhyun, look away, it's too early to get a nosebleed.* He thought, but was having a hard time to do so.

For what felt like forever, Baekhyun was still staring at Eunbi's barely clothed figure. "Like what you see?!" Eunbi asked and looked back at him with a raised brow. Baekhyun looked like a deer caught in head lights. *H-How did she know I was here?* He thought in confusion.

"I could practically hear your drool drip down the floor." She answered as if she read his mind. She smirked and got up walking to him.

"I-I was just wondering w-wha-"

Eunbi was standing in front of him, too close for comfort. "Uhu... Whatever you say!" she said teasingly. Baekhyun flushed a deep shade of red, "B-But, I really was jus-" "Calm down Bacon! I'm just messing with you!" she assured him chuckling and winked at him shutting the door.

*Oh My Gosh!!! I cannot believe I just did that!* Eunbi was hyperventilating. *Eunbi! Why did you do that?!! I can't believe you winked at him and FLIRTED too!!!* She was banging her head on the wall in disbelief and embarrassment. *He probably thinks I go around places walking in only a towel flirting with guys.*

"Ughhhhh..." she grunted and trudged in her walk in closet to change.

 

            Meanwhile, on the other side of her door, Baekhyun was still in a state of confusion. *How did she know I was there?! And was I really drooling?* He thought and wiped the side of his mouth to make sure, but then smirked remembering what he just saw. *She really isn't the same Eunbi anymore... she's..... hotter!* he walked  to his room and closed the door leaning on it. *But then again... she called me Bacon. My Eunbi is still there.* he thought and warmly smiled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

            "Need any help?" Baekhyun asked Jieun. She was loading up the jeep with all their luggage and some tents.

"Yes please!!! Those two over there, are too lazy to even lift a finger." She shot a glare at Dayoung and Soyoon who were lounging around in the jeep, "And your 'girlfriend' is still upstairs." Jieun flashed Baekhyun a smirk and he could only blush at her in embarrassment.

"Yah Lee Jieun!!! WHO'S GIRLFRIEND?"  Eunbi came out and was shooting daggers at her. Baekhyun could only shiver at her menacing glare. *Well at least she has clothes on this time.* he thought and smiled.

He tried to pick up one of the bags but epically failed. "What the heck is in here?"

All the girls looked up, "GUNS." They all replied. Baekhyun was flabbergasted and looked up at them to see if they were playing a prank on him. They weren’t.

"Oppa! That's mine. Just put it in the backseat compartment." Dayoung hollered at him smiling like a cute little dongsaeng.

*How the hell... Wait!!! I don't even know where they're going.*

"Jieun~ah where are you all headed to anyways?" He asked her.

"Camping."

"Oh.. OK.... Wait! WHAT!!!???" He yelled and the girls were startled.

 "And you're going alone?" He eyed all of them to see if they would shake their heads in disagreement but to his dismay they just kept on doing what they were doing. *When the guys said they changed... they really meant it.* He thought and could only sigh.

            "Ok!!! Everybody in!! Time to go!" Eunbi shut the trunk and headed to the living room to grab the keys. Baekhyun followed her,"Are you sure you guys will be okay?" He asked worriedly. She smiled warmly at the concern.

"Trust me. We can handle ourselves... And if you're really worried about us, just ask the guys what we do for fun every time we get bored." She asked and winked at him leaving him there wondering, “And after that maybe you would think twice about staring at me when I'm half !" She chuckled and she shut the door leaving Baekhyun as red as a tomato.

            Eunbi hopped in the driver’s seat and fastened her seatbelt, "Everybody ready!?"

"YESSSS!!!!"

"Wohoo!!! Road trip!!!"

She started the engine and off they were to the Pyongan Mountains.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

            "STREET FIGHT CLUB??!! Nobody told me about that!" Baekhyun hollered over the phone. Lay was wincing at his friends voice.

"That's cause you never ask." Lay replied sarcastically.

"That would've still been a good thing to tell somebody who LIVES WITH HER! I could've died today!" He heard Lay chuckling on the other line.

"What did you do?" Baekhyun was caught off guard and did not know what to say.

"Uh. uhm... nothing, nothing..."

"Whatever bro. Just hurry up and come. The elders are coming tonight." Lay's tone immediately turned serious and so did Baekhyun.

"Why are they coming? The eclipse isn't until this Friday. They never come this early." "Beats me. Suho hyung called a while ago and demanded for everybody to gather tonight. He's coming a little later." Baekhyun shrugged.

"Okay then I'll be there in a bit."

He hung up the phone and went upstairs to grab his stuff. *Why are they here? They never come to see us... unless...It can't be...* Baekhyun ran out of his room and out the house in panic.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

            "Unni! I'm hungry..." Soyoon has been whining from the backseat ever since they left Seoul and it was annoying the heck out of her and Jieun. Dayoung was fast asleep in the passenger seat.

"We would've been on the camp site by now if somebody wrote down the directions more legibly." Eunbi complained and Jieun shot her a look.

"Don't blame me! Blame the person who broke the GPS!" Jieun retorted.

"Jieun, do you really think Eunbi believes you. She knows you broke it the last time you borrowed her jeep." Dayoung said with her eyes still closed.

"Hmph.. whatever..." Jieun shrugged and looked outside the window. Eunbi noticed that the sun was setting already and looked at her watch. It's already 6:30 pm.

"It's getting pretty dark outside." The other girls looked outside and all shrugged.

"Let's just hurry up and get there. I'm hungry." Soyoon said and rested her head on the window.

            An hour later, the road was already pitch black and Eunbi could barely see anything. The other girls fell asleep and they were still half an hour away from their destination. She let out a frustrated sigh.

"Ughhh....". She kept on driving but was met by a split on the road. *Huh... this isn't in the directions.* She thought looking at the piece of paper in her hand.

"Girls.. Wake up!" She yelled stopping the car and shook Soyoon and Jieun to wake up. "Uhhhh... Unni.... what?" Soyoon complained.

"Jieun, the road split. Do I go left or right?" she asked her.

"Just pick one~~~ It's bound to lead us somewhere anyways." Jieun mumbled and shifted to the other side and went back to sleep. Eunbi was about to wake her back up but Dayoung stopped her.

"Just pick one Chrissy. The roads are still heading to the mountains... If it was dangerous, the city would’ve blocked it off already." Dayoung assured her. Eunbi could only sigh and she started the engine back up again. *Well okay then.* The car started moving and Eunbi picked the road on the left.

            They were cruising down the road and Eunbi noticed some houses that were covered in veins of trees or just plain old beat down houses that were uninhabited. It was starting to creep her out. *I wonder what made the people leave.* Then the road started to feel rocky and the girls were forcibly woken up from their slumber.

"Unni! This road is so scary!" Eunbi looked out and realized that the houses were now out of sight and were replaced by large trees.

 Eunbi stopped the jeep looking at the surroundings and noticed a pathway that led into the forest a few feet away from them. She drove a little closely and saw a figure running into the forest. "WAIT!!!" She yelled jumping out of the car startling the girls.

"Unni!!"

"Eunbi!" The girls yelled. Eunbi stopped in her tracks and looked back at them. "I saw someone run in there and I wanted to see if they could help us.... just stay here." She turned and ran down the pathway.

The girls looked around their surroundings and glanced at each other. They could not just let their friend wander around alone. They all unbuckled their seat belts jumping out the car and ran to where Eunbi was headed. Once they were halfway down the pathway, they could not see a single thing at all.

"Unni..." Soyoon held Jieun's hand firmly and she felt Dayoung hold on to her other hand.

 "Why didn't Eunbi come back... It's so dark here. I can barely see where I'm going." Soyoon asked to no one in particular.

"I know why.." they heard a guys voice say. They were startled and looked for the source. They turned around and saw a dark figure grinning at them. They could not make out his face, all they know is that he had an all black suit on and that he reeked of danger. He cocked his head to the side and glanced behind the girls. "

Nice of you to join us." he said. The girls turned around and saw another guy. But this time he was dressed in regular clothes, but they couldn't make up his face either.

"Your friend is down there." The guy pointed down the pathway and the girls just stood there.

"GO!" He yelled and the girls quickly ran to where their friend was.

Once the girls were out of the way. His eyes glowed a bright yellow and his arms where emitting a flame.

"GO BACK TO HELL!" He clasped his hands together and recited an incantation. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" The guy in the dark suit shrieked in agony. A huge hole appeared under him and he got pulled in by all the trapped tortured souls. The hole closed up before another one of those creatures could come out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

            "Unni!" Soyoon yelled once they reached the end of the pathway. They couldn't find her anywhere.

"That guy lied to us!" Jieun yelled in anger.

"What is going on?" Soyoon was in the verge of tears because of fear.

"Guys!" They looked back and saw Eunbi heading towards them limping. They all ran to her in shock and worry.

"Eunbi! What happened?" Dayoung asked.

 "I-I was trying to follow that person I saw but he just suddenly vanished in thin air. I didn't see where I was going so I ended up tripping on a huge boulder." She explained. "What is this place?" Eunbi asked looking around. The girls finally noticed their surroundings. There were trees surrounding them. Dayoung noticed something that was carved on one of them and walked up to it to have a closer look.

"Guys look! There's some kind of carving on this one." She ushered them to come close. "This one has it too." Jieun pointed to one of the other trees. Soyoon looked around and saw that all the trees had a carving on it. "All of them have it."

"We need to get out of here!" Dayoung said. Jieun and Soyoon nodded in agreement. "Eunbi come on. Let's g-" Jieun saw Eunbi crouching down in the middle of the ground and was looking at something. All the girls ran to where she was and saw her looking at a symbol that had the same carvings the trees had. They crouched down to get a better look and reached in to touch it. When they did, the ground started shaking terribly. "Unni!!!! Earthquake!!" Soyoon yelled. The girls all huddled together in fear and shut their eyes.

The ground stopped shaking and Jieun was the first one to open her eyes.

"What is that?" the other girls fluttered their eyes open and saw the symbol off the ground and was flying in mid air. The carving from the trees started glowing.

"What is happeni-AHHHHHHHH!!!!" Dayoung yelled in pain and collapsed to the ground. The girls ran to her side.

"Dayoung~ah are you alrig-"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Eunbi was cut off by Jieun's scream. She was laying on the floor grasping her chest.       

"H-Help. I can't breathe." Jieun said crying.

*What is going on?!!!* Eunbi thought in panic. "

Help!!!! Help us!" Soyoon was running around to find the pathway that they came in from but it was nowhere to be seen.

"Unni... What are we going to d-AHHHHHH!!!!"

It was Soyoon this time.

"Soyoon!!!!" Eunbi ran to where she was. *Help us... somebody please!*

"Unni! Help.... me... I-I... can't b-breathe..." she heard her dongsaeng say breathless... her situation was hopeless, she looked around and saw her other two friends lying lifeless on the ground, she panicked!

 "Yah!!!! Wake up! Don't leave me too!!!! Yah!" she yelled tears streaming down her face. But a jolting pain that shot through her chest sent her mind into a realization that she would soon be in the same state as her friends.

 "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" she yelled in pain and collapsed onto the rocky ground. Her eyesight became blurry and she was having a hard time to breathe. In front of her she saw her maknae lying there, tears streaming down uncontrollably down her cheeks, arms stretched out hoping to hold her unni's hand one more time.

 "Unni..." she heard her say. She reached out her hand and weakly grabbed a hold of her friends hand.

"So Yoon ah~... mianhe." She said and earned a faint smile from the other, it assured her that it wasn't her fault and that she didn't blame her at all. Her friends eyes weakly closed.

 Waiting for her turn she looks up to the sky and sheds her last tears, then saw a mysterious figure in the shadows of the trees.

"Help.." she says faintly and closes her eyes.

 "....The chosen ones... hmm. Intersting." a figure said and smirked.