26. Christmas Cut Short

The Path

Kai and Jieun walked back to the house and saw that everyone was gathered in the living room. They snuck in the patio door when everyone was still pre occupied. So no one noticed them.

"We need to pack and get ready to leave later." Suho walked in and said. Everyone looked at him in shock.

"But it's christmas..." Soyoon whined.

Suho sighed, "I know... But we really need to go... The little stunt that demon did to Jieun shouldn't be taken lightly."

At the mention of her name. Jieun quickly let go of Kai's hand which they had linked all this time.

They both looked at each other and knew that this wasn't the time for them to tell everyone about their relationship.

"I know we scowered the island to see if they were still here but that still doesn't secure our safety." Suho explained further. Moans and groans of disappointment were heard.

"He's right..." Eunbi stepped in.

"Unni-"

"Chae Soyoon!" Eunbi yelled cutting her off. "Everyone... Go to your rooms and pack...."

"Noona w-"

"NOW!"

Everybody quickly scurried to their rooms. They knew that when Eunbi was mad, she meant business.

When everyone was gone Eunbi slumped down on the couch and sighed. "Damn this migraine."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The plane ride was somewhat silent. Nobody talked. Well... not loud anyways.

They saw that Eunbi was still out of it and nobody had the courage to try and appease her. Not the girls and not even Baekhyun. And for that, she was actually happy because her headache was killing her.

She knew that they were all scared of her right now, but she was enjoying the fact that no one bothered her.

Eunbi closed her eyes wanting to go to sleep.

"It's the only way your highness..." A man said kneeling infront of what looked like a princess. She had a crown on her head.

"If it has to be done... then I will." she complied.

Eunbi was tossing and turning in her seat. Beads of sweat was on her forehead. Baekhyun who was right across from her noticed it.

This time she saw a forest. Three other girls were there. "Hana!" one of them yelled.

"Hana~ah" the girl cried. She was so pretty. Everything about her was just simply beautiful. Even though she had tears staining her face.

"Shhh... Misun~ah... shhh.... It'll be alright..." The girl cooed. She approached the others who were also crying.

"I never thought being a princess would lead to this." one of them said. She was wearing a black dress and she had bright red hair. Her aura was just... dark.

Hana looked at her sorrily, "It's our duty Naeun..." she simply replied.

"You knew about this didn't you?" another girl said. She looked so pale. Her eyes were just so souless. Hana looked up at her. She didn't reply.

"DIDN'T YOU?!" the girl yelled. Hana still didn't budge.

"Unni... What is she talking about?" Misun asked.

"Mina~ah...I-I t-thought.. we had more time... I didn't -"

Hana was cut off by a bell ringing. All four of them looked to the entrance of the forest.

"It's time princesses." a guy came in and the girls hesitantly looked away.

They slowly headed to the center of the forest and stood there.

The guy brought out a book and started chanting an incantation.

The girls held hands and just quietly cried. "I'm sorry..." Hana mouthed.

"KYAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Eunbi jolted up from her sleep gasping. Baekhyun was startled and quickly went to her side. No one else saw what happened.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Eunbi looked at him blankly at first, but she quickly nodded.

Baekhyun went back to his seat and Eunbi turned around looking out the window.

A streak of her hair fell out of her loose bun.

But what she saw startled her.

It was silver.

"It's getting worse..." she whispered and quickly tucked it back in her bun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yoonie ah~" Sehun whispered.

"Uhm?" Soyoon looked up at him. They were sitting together.  Well... it was more like, Soyoon was hugged up on Sehun.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" she looked at him confused.

"W-Well... You and Eunbi noona we-"

"Nahhhh... She just has a headache. She gets caught up in her emotions when she gets stressed." She said and cuddled with him again.

"H-How did you know?" he asked and she just quickly pointed to her head. "Ohhhhh..." he said when he finally realized what she meant.

He wrapped his arms back around her. "Soyoon ah~" he called again.

"Uhm?"

"Do you listen in on my thoughts too?" He asked. She shook her head no, "I sometimes hear random thoughts, but that's only if I forget to control it. Other than that... No."

"Why not?" he asked again.

She looked up at him and smiled warmly. "Do I have a reason to?"

He smiled back, "Nope, keep it that way. You might just go crazy with my thoughts and get scared." he scoffed.

"I know you too well Sehun... Nothing gets me scared anymore." she said and hugged him again. A jolt of pain suddenly struck her head. Her face grimaced, but she quickly shook the pain away.

*You'll get scared if you know I still like you Soyoon ah~~~* he thought and hugged her tight.

Soyoon's eyes went wide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the plane landed. Everyone was back to normal. Eunbi was her usual cheery self again since her migraine was gone, but that dream she had was still bothering her.

Eunbi approached Soyoon who was still blank.

"Soyoon ah~ I said I was sorry... Are you still mad at me?" Eunbi nudged her. Soyoon snapped out of her senses.

"Ahhh... Aniyo unni... I was jus-" She was cut off by someone snaking their arms around her waist.

"Of course she isn't mad at you noona. Right Yoonie?" she looked back and saw Sehun smiling down at her.

She awkwardly looked away, "Ahh.. N-Ne"

Eunbi chuckled. "You guys seriously look like a couple." she blurted out earning a chuckle from Sehun.

He pulled her closer, "Right!? Aren't we just cute?!" he teased.

Soyoon got out of his grasp, "I-uhhh... I need to go to the restroom." she headed to the restroom as quickly as she could.

She really didn't care if she went to the restroom actually, she just wanted to be away.

Away from him.

*You'll get scared if you know I still like you Soyoon ah~~~You'll get scared if you know I still like you Soyoon ah~~~*

"Ahhhh..... stop." she kept hitting her head.

"What's up with her?" Eunbi asked. Sehun shrugged, "I dunno."

"Soyoon!!! PALI!!! WE NEED TO HURRY UP AND GO." Eunbi yelled. Soyoon just waved a yes then quickly disappeared into the crowd.

"Eunbi noona! Suho hyung! Are we going back to our houses?" Tao asked.

Eunbi and Suho looked at eachother knowingly.

"We're going to the warehouse. We need to talk to the elders." Suho said

"And Ara..." Eunbi added.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The elders were already there once everyone arrived. They headed straight to the meeting room. The boys went in first.

The elders quickly snapped their heads towards the door once the girls emerged. They all eyed each other knowingly.

*Something's not right.* Soyoon heard one of their thoughts and quickly shrugged her powers away. The headache she had a while ago was still there, but she can manage.

Jinho noticed her grimacing but quickly put on a warm facade.

"Ahhh.. So these are the chosen ones..." Taesung, one of the elders said. Soyoon, Eunbi and Dayoung were sitting on the couch. Jieun went to go get Ara.

The guys were either sitting or standing around the room.

"Ah n-neh... Annyeong hasaeyo~~" They all said and bowed.

"We still have one more. She just went to get someone." Dayoung explained. The elders nodded their heads.

"Okay then.. for the mean time. Let's get to know each other shall we?" Jinho smiled. The girls nodded.

"Let's start with you sweetie." Jongsuk said looking at Soyoon.

"M-My name's Soyoon. I'm the keeper of air, earth, healing and uh... M-mind control." she explained stuttering at the last part. The elders looked at her.

"Mind control? That's new." Taesung looked confused.

Soyoon didn't know why but she felt like her voice was caught in .   

"I-I'm -uhhh half v-vamp-"

"She's half vampire." Soyoon got cut off.

She looked back and saw Ara and Jieun. A smile quickly graced her face.

"Annyeong hasaeyo~ Jieun imnida~" Jieun greeted the elders. Ara just nodded.

The guys all greeted Ara. She smiled back at them. "It's been a while since I've met a bunch of guardians."

"Good looking ones at that." The guys blushed in embarassment. She eyed the girls,  "I see why the girl-"

"Ahjumma!!!" The girls quickly cut her off. Ara just chuckled.

"Okay okay.. I'll stop..." She said and quickly eyed the elders.

"Annyeong oppa..." she beamed. Jinho smiled.

"Annyeong Ara..." he replied. The girls couldn't help but smile at the interaction.
"Okay... Now that we're all here... Let's get down to the matter at hand..." She quickly turned serious and looked at the girls.

"First of all, it might be good to know that the girls here aren't just guardians. They're half bloods as well."

"Go ahead... tell them what you can do." Ara ushered them.

"I -uhmmm... I'm Eunbi... I'm the keeper of light, time control, and lightning. I'm also half oracle. I can conjure up illusions and get visions." she inquired which caught Taesung's ear.

"I'm Dayoung, I'm the keeper of fire and telekenisis. I'm also half fairy. I sheild people from their powers and also stop their own."

When Dayoung finished, silence enveloped them. The elders eyed the only girl that was left. Jieun.

"And you my dear?" Jieun avoided Jongsuk's eyes and looked straight to Ara who understood her hindrance.

"Ajhussi... Uhmmm. Once she tells you her powers, please don't panic." Kai explained which the elders nodded hesitantly to.

Ara smiled at Jieun warmly and she drew in a deep breath. She slowly looked towards the three elders.

"My name is Jieun... I'm the keeper of water, ice and teleportation. I'm also..." her eyes wandered.

Jinho smiled at her. "Go on..." he encouraged.

She sighed, "I'm half demon... I control death...." Jinho drew in a sharp breath, so did Taesung and Jongsuk, but quickly mantained their composure.

All three of them eyed Ara. "They're harmless. I've been with the girls for the past eight months and none of them have changed. They've been perfectly fine, no harmful changes happened." she assured them.

Even the guys nodded in agreement. "We've been with them almost everyday ever since we've known about their powers. And no one has been harmed." Lay said assuringly.

The elders had stoic faces. All three of them eyed each other.

"Everyone else get out... Ara you stay." Jinho said sternly. The others nodded and quickly scurried out of the room.

Once the door was closed, Ara quickly faced the three."You didn't tell them did you?" Taesung asked.

"They didn't need to kno-"

"ARA!!" Jinho yelled. She got startled and took a step back. Gathering her composure she sighed.

"I wasn't sure!!! If they found out, they would've just been ticking time bombs, especially Jieun." she countered. "It's bad enough that she knows she's half demon do you think her knowing about her status would make it better?"

Taesung sighed, "The oracles have been looking for an heir for centuries... Ever since the last one was sacrificed to the Gods... Ofelia had been a wandering world ever since I could remember. We need an heir Ara..."

Ara looked at him in hesitation. "They're not ready..."

"You think they would be if you keep this a secret from them?" Jongsuk asked incrediously.

"It's keeping them sane!" Ara answered back.

"For God's sake Ara, they reek of royalty! Did you expect for other creatures not to track them down?" Jinho asked her sorrily. "We aren't the only elders... There are more and dangerous ones at that." Ara looked away.

"How long were you planning to keep this a secret from them?" Taesung asked her.

"Until I knew they were strong enough to handle the news themselves... They haven't even reached their full powers yet..." she said.

The elders kept quiet. They know how dangerous the other worlds are now. The anarchy, corruption and of course the criminals. The girls wouldn't be able to handle it.

"I just didn't want them to suffer for the choice they didn't have any control of making. If they find out, their whole lives will be planned out for them. Not to mention ruined." She said solemnly slumping down on the couch.

"... They're my girls... I don't want them to get hurt." Ara whispered. Tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Which is why we need to let them know... They're the rightful heirs to our worlds..." Taesung said convincingly.

"It's for their own safety..."  Jinho said and sat beside her. She hesitantly nodded her head.

"We need to tell them..." Jongsuk said.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!" they heard someone scream from outside. They quickly jolted up from their seats.

*BAM!!!!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soyoon's head started aching again. She felt like she was about to just throw up.

"Oppa... where's your restroom?" Soyoon asked Chen. "Down the hallway and the last door to your left." Soyoon gave him a small smile and went straight ahead.

Once she got inside she quickly headed for the sink.
"ARA!!"

Soyoon got startled and quickly halted. "What the hell?!" she said looking around confused.

"...It's bad enough that she knows she's half demon do you think her knowing about her status would make it better?"

"Status...? What the hell are they talking about?" she whispered to herself. She was confused to why she could hear their conversation. She was only supposed to hear their thoughts.

Right then her head started pounding uncontrollably again. She held on to the sink for support.

"They're not ready..."

"You think they would be if you keep this a secret from them?"

"For God's sake Ara, they reek of royalty..."

"R-Royalty?!" Soyoon was now kneeling on the bathroom floor. Sweat trickling down her forehead. She was only hearing bits and pieces, but it was hurting her head so bad.

"... They're my girls... I don't want them to get hurt."

When she heard Ara's pain striken voice. Her tears started flowing.

"... they're the rightful heirs to our worlds...."

"N-No... Please..." She mustered up all her strength and got out of the bathroom.

*No... no...* she kept thinking to herself.

When she got out of the hallway, the others saw her and she halted. The girls stared at her wide eyed.

"Soyoon!? Are you okay?!!"

She was pale and was shivering. Her face had tears flowing down from it.

She eyed the girls' worried faces and everything she heard quickly rushed back to her. She clutched her aching head in her palms.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!" she yelled grasping her head and everyone started to panic. With all the strength she had left she stumbled towards the room where Ara and the elders were in.

She kicked the door open as anger boiled in her.

"S-Soyoo-?"

"EXPLAIN!!! NOW!!!" Soyoon senses were blinded by anger.

The elders stepped back in fear, but Ara just stood still.

"Soyoon..." Someone called behind her and she abruptly looked back.

Everyone gasped at what they saw. Fear was seen in their eyes.

Soyoon glanced behind them...

At a mirror.

And she saw...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nothing.