28. Evil Tendencies

The Path

"Where's Dayoung?" Soyoon asked. The girls were in the cafeteria with Kai, Baekhyun, Chen and Kris.

"I don't know. But she texted me that she has the same free period as us this morning." Jieun answered checking her phone again.

"Oh well she migh- What's wrong with you?" Soyoon asked Kai. He looked as if he was about to get into a fight with someone.

He wouldn't answer, but instead wrapped his arms around Jieun.

"Calm down lover boy, she isn't going anywhere. Oh and Dayoung said she had to go to the library to get a book." Eunbi walked up the table with a tray of food which Baekhyun hurriedly helped her with. Eunbi thanked him with a smile.

Kai on the other hand was still looking mad. "Kai what's wrong?" Jieun asked him this time.

He still didn't answer. Jieun noticed he was staring at something... or someone. She followed his eyes and "PFFTT-BUAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"EWWWWW JIEUN!!" Chen whined. Jieun spat some kimbab on his face because she was laughing so hard at what she saw.

Mhong and Kai were having a stare down. Of all things that would bother Kai. This would probably be the last thing she would think of.

She hurriedly cupped Kai's face and made him look at her.  His glare quickly became a pout. "Why do you have to be so popular?" he asked almost in a whine.

"I already have to share you with all your fanboys, not mention fangirls also.... And that stupid Thong guy is giving me death threats everytime he sees us together.. I'm seriously about to choke the shi-"

"Heeyyyy... Watch your language." Jieun interrupted him. He pouted again. Jieun couldn't help but feel butterflies in her stomach.

"UhUhmmm..." someone cleared their throat. The couple looked up and saw their friends making puky faces. They just rolled their eyes.

"Jieun... can you just spit food in my face again. That was less gross." Chen added. Everyone in the table broke out in laughter.

"HA HA HA... Laugh it up guys..." Jieun mocked.

"Kai... I didn't think you were that gross... ewww..." Soyoon teased. Kai stuck his tongue out at her.

"It's not like you and Sehun aren't like that. You guys are the worst." Kai countered. Soyoon stiffened at what he said.

Soyoon akwardly laughed, "B-But were not dating..." she reasoned. The others scoffed.

"You guys might as well. You act like a couple anyways." Baekhyun added. Soyoon grew quiet. She hasn't been hanging out with Sehun ever since their trip. She couldn't face him.

Especially since all she could think about was what he thought on the plane. She couldn't confront him about it either because she promised she wouldn't read his mind... Atleast that's what she thought.

Jieun noticed her quietness and quickly changed the subject, "Uhm...Ah... Where's Kris?" she asked. Kai looked up and noticed he wasn't there either.

"See... you guys are so caught up in your own world, you didn't even notice he left like ten minutes ago...tsk tsk tsk." Chen shook his head in shame. Kai hit him.

"Where'd he go?" Jieun asked.

"Where else? Of course to the library... Duhhhh... Dayoung's there..." Eunbi answered. And everyone else snickered.

"Typical Kris... Those two should just start dating too... It's so obvious." Baekhyun implied.

"Hmph... At least he goes for what he wants. Not like someone I know..." Jieun sing songed eyeing Baekhyun and Eunbi.

Baekhyun went red and avoided her eyes.

*Riiiinnnggggg* Jieun's phone rang. She picked it up and everyone else started talking amongst themselves.

"Yobose-"

"Jieun!!! I need you to come to the library!" Kris cut Jieun off. He sounded panicky.

"Kris?! What's wrong?" Everyone at the table looked at her at the mention of his name.

"It's Dayoung... Her wings... Her wings appeared." He said.

"WHAT!!!??" She yelled and shot up from her seat.

"Just hurry up!!!" she heard Dayoung yell on the other end, then the line went dead.

"YAH!!! KRIS!!" she stood there yelling at her phone. She looked up when she noticed that it was quiet... too quiet.

Jieun looked around and gulped when she saw that everyone in the cafeteria was looking at her. She gently put her phone down on the table and awkwardly smiled.

"I-uhhh... He was... uhmmm... Go on with what you were doing..." she said and quickly sat down.

"Kai let's go..." she said and pulled him towards the cafeteria doors.

"Hey what's wro-"

*I'll tell you later* Jieun thought cutting Soyoon off.

When the couple was out the door, their friends were still frozen. "What just happened?" Chen asked.

"She said that she would tell me later." Soyoon answered. The others nodded.

"I guess it might not be that important then." Baekhyun said.

"Yeah... Come on.. Class is about to start." Eunbi inquired and earned groans from the others.

"Uggghhhh... Just when my head starts hurting." Soyoon complained pouting.

"Want oppa to carry you?" Chen cooed her. She glared at him. "Yahhh... What do you think I am... six?" Eunbi and Baekhyun chuckled.

"I was ju-... Cause you were..." He stuttered.

Soyoon quickly smiled, "I'm just kidding. Carry me~~" she beamed opening her arms wide. Chen just stared at her.

"Aishhh.." he flicked her forehead and walked away.

"OWWWW!!!" she whined and ran after him. "YAH COME BACK HERE!" Chen quickly sprinted out of the cafeteria.

"Those two... seriously..." Baekhyun sighed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oppa!!! Come back here!!!" Soyoon was still chasing Chen but he was too fast. He rounded the corner and disappeared. She gave up and quickly fell on the floor trying to catch her breath.

"Aisshhhhh..." Soyoon massaged her head. She forgot that she had a headache.

  The hallway was empty since most of the students were either in class or at the cafeteria. Trying to get up she hooked her arm on one of the hallway railings.

"Ahhh..." she whined and fell on the floor again.

"You need any help?" she looked up.

"M-Mir?" He quickly hooked her arm around her and helped her to her feet.

"Okay... okay... Steady... You got it?" he asked. She nodded.

They awkwardly stood there in silence. "Uhmm... T-Thank you." she whispered.

Soyoon felt awkward. Even though there was nothing wrong between them, but Jieun was like a sister to her. What happens to one, automatically affects the other.

"Soyoon calm down..." He grabbed her hand and chuckled. She looked up at him. Her nose quickly wiffed something.

*What... What is t-that smell?* she asked herself.

"Even though your unni and I didn't work out. I'm still your oppa right?" He asked her. He stepped in a little closer.

*Oh... my gosh... It smells sooo heavenly...* she thought. Then she heard something beating in her ears. *What is that?*

She looked up at him and he was still looking down at her waiting for an answer.

Soyoon just nodded her head. He quickly hugged her and let go. "Get too class. You don't want to be late..." he said and walked away.

Soyoon felt like she was in a trance. The beating in her ear slowly disappeared. And so did that heavenly scent.

Her head started pounding again. "Ahhhh.." She whined. Then something sharp pricked her lip. Her eyes widened.

She reached for and she almost fell out in nervousness. "My fangs..." she whispered.

"Oh my gosh... Did he see them?" she looked towards the direction Mir disappeared to and scrunched her forehead in dizziness.

"That smell... Oh nevermind."She retracted her fangs and staggered to class. On her way there she caught a wiff of the scent again. She looked to her right and saw Hyuna walking out of the girl's restroom.

Hyuna caught a glimpse of her and almost fell out in nervousness. Soyoon just kept staring at her.

"W-What do y-you want?" Hyuna asked.

Her question just hung in the air. Soyoon's blood boiled in anger, but she couldn't walk away.

The scent was so strong. She didn't know what it was. It felt like a magnetic force pulling her in. Soyoon stepped in a little closer to which Hyuna backed up on.

"Y-Yah... Chae Soyoon..."  Hyuna called out, tears flowing down her cheeks but all Soyoon could hear was the beating in her ears.

*Wait... That beating... It's... It's her hear-*

"SOYOON!!" Someone cut her off from her thoughts. Soyoon looked back and saw D.O approach them.

He yanked her away from Hyuna. She didn't even notice that she was already pinning the girl on the wall. Hyuna fell on the floor shaking.

"What's wrong with yo- S-Soyoon... Your fangs..." D.O whispered and tried to hide her from Hyuna. Her eyes grew wide and she quickly stood up.

She retracted her fangs again and walked up to the other girl. Soyoon looked her in the eyes, "Forget~" she simply said and Hyuna went blank.

"Hurry and get her out of here..." Soyoon said and walked away. She could hear D.O calling her but the pounding in her head was still killing her.

She quickly strode past classes and went to the rooftop. She needed to clear her mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone rushed to the girls' house after school right when they heard the news about Dayoung.

All of them expected it, but seeing it up close was just... WOAH.

"Dayoung they look so pretty..." Soyoon beamed but quickly fell on the couch grasping her head. *Damn headache* she thought. D.O just eyed her.

"Easy for you to say... At least you can hide your fangs. This..." Dayoung looked at the wings behind her back and sighed, "... Lord help me."

Lay chuckled. "What?" Dayoung asked. "Fairies used to always come to earth and mingle with other humans." He answered matter of factly.

"No wings attatched." Xiumin added. "Haha No pun intended." Everyone in the room snickered. Dayoung rolled her eyes.

"So you mean I can hide these?" she changed the subject. The guys nodded.

"Well how?" Jieun asked.

"Yeah... About that... We kinda don't know how they do it." Kai said scratching his head.

"Well great..." Dayoung said. "How am I supposed to hide these? Tell them to disappear?" she asked mocking herself.

"Dayoung..."

"I mean am I gonna have to skip school again?"

"Dayoung..."

"I've already missed too much, I'm going to have to go to summer school."

"KIM DAYOUNG!" Eunbi hollered.

"WHAT?!" Dayoung countered.

"They're gone!" Everyone answered. Her eyes grew big.

"Really?!!" she said and started touching her back. "OMG!!! They ARE GONE!!!" she jumped up and down in happiness. "But wait... Where did they go?" her question was left hanging in the air.

Eunbi got up and went behind her. She smiled, "They're not gone... They're right here."

Eunbi turned Dayoung around and everyone in the room gasped. "What the..." Her wings were minimized and it looked like they was tattooed on her back.


 
"Unni... That actually looks pretty cool." Soyoon went on and felt it. "Wahhh... It's like it's just part of your sk- OWW!" Soyoon jumped back when part of the wing detached and slapped her hand.

"Sassy thing aren't you..." she whispered, Dayoung chuckled.

"Okay okay... Now that it's partially gone, I'm just going to have make sure I control them."

Everybody got up and disperessed around the house, some left.

"Uhhhh... Dayoung... You might wanna change your shirt... You're looking kinda back there." Chanyeol said scratching his neck. He was right behind her

Dayoung gasped loudly and smacked him on the head. "Stop staring!" she yelled and ran upstairs.

"OUCH!" he hollered. Sehun and Tao laughed, "Hyung! You just peeped on the fairy princess... OOOOOHHHHHH!" Tao teased and kept laughing, but Sehun on the other hand...

He looked around and Soyoon was nowhere to be found. He looked at the stairs and saw her silouhette disappear.

He quickly rushed and followed her. They hadn't been talking or spent much time together ever since they got back. It was like she was avoiding him and he wanted to know why.

*Knock Knock*

"Soyoon..." He called and cracked the door open.

No one was there. He snapped his head towards the bathroom and heard it open. Soyoon came out staggering. She looked pale.

He ran and caught her before she fell on the floor. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Y-You need to leave..." she stuttered pushing him away.

"Not until you tell me what's wro-"

*HISSSSS* "I SAID LEAVE!" she hollered. Sehun was taken a back.

"S-Soyoon..." he whispered. She snapped out of it and looked away. "Come back later... I need to go somewhere."

She tried to get up but stumbled down. She groaned. "Let me help..."

Soyoon was about to push him away but she had no choice. When she got up, she quickly looked for something to lean on.

"Soyoon... You need to feed." D.O was at her door step. She snapped her head towards him.

"W-What are you talking about? I-I'm fine." she stuttered avoiding his eyes. He sighed.

"Your fangs are out." he simply said. She quickly covered . She didn't even notice.

Sehun stood there eyeing the both of them, "Did I miss something?" he asked. No one answered.

"I said I'm fine." she whispered. D.O scoffed, "Yeah right, you almost hurt Hyuna if I wasn't there to stop you."

Soyoon laughed bitterly, "It's funny how everytime I do something wrong it always happens to be her that's the victim, and you as her knight and shining armor."

Everyone was quiet, "And I'm the monster..." she whispered.

Sehun could fell the tension in the air. "I'll be downstairs if you need me.." he looked at D.O then to Soyoon. "Are you going to be alright?" he asked and she nodded.

Once he was gone, Soyoon staggered towards her bed. D.O tried to help her but she pushed him away.

He stared at her, "How long are we going to stay like this?"

"Forever would be fine." She answered coldly.

"Soyoon... please talk to me..." he pleaded.

She sighed, "What do you want me to say?"

D.O grabs both of her hands. "Soyoon... Let's fix this?" she tries to let go of him but he yanks her back again.

"Soyoon listen to me..." he asks her again.

She let's go and turns away from him. "Whatever you say won't make me feel any better D.O." she looked back at him. "I'm just really tired..." she whispered.

He kept quiet, "I'm tired of crying... I'm tired of talking... And I'm tired of trying to fix THIS..." she exclaimed pointing to the both of them. "Because everytime we do. It seems like it get's worse and worse... to the point that I question myself if I still have a heart..."

"Because you keep breaking it." she whispered and a tear fell down her cheeks. She wiped it away quickly.

"You probably don't want to hear this, but I'm going to tell you anyways..." D.O started.

"That night, when I told you to leave..." He sighed deeply, "Hyuna came in my room. At first i thought she just wanted to say happy birthday, but then she saw the pictures of us on my wall..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy birthday, sweetie." Hyuna s his arms around his neck and tried kissing him, to which he shoved her away quickly.

"Stop it... I'm not your sweetie..." he said. Hyuna started walking around the room and spotted something.

"Ewww... Chae Soyoon... Seriously D.O?" Hyuna mocked looking at the picture of Soyoon and D.O on the wall.

"Will you please get out?" he asked nicely. She just shrugged and sat on the bed.

"Why are you still hanging out with her anyways? She's such a loser!" Hyuna exclaimed.

D.O. glared at her, "Don't talk about her like that! She's my friend." D.O defended.

Hyuna looked at him questioningly, "Do you like Soyoon or something?" she asked. Silence filled the air.

D.O thought about it for a moment, "No... I don't..." he answered.

Hyuna began laughing hysterically, "HAHAHA! I knew it! That ugly loser! I bet you only hang out with her, because you feel sorry for her!"

"I don't like her..." He started again.

"I know Honey..." Hyuna kept on caressing his face. "... I know I'm the one you li-"

"...because I love her..." he cut her off.

Hyuna pulled away from him and stood up. Her face enraged. D.O could only smirk at her reaction. "NO!" she yelled.

"If I can't have you, That ugly sure as hell won't either!" Her face was fumming in anger.

He tried to yank her down but she slapped his arms away, "If I can't have you... I will make sure that nerd's life will be a living HELL!" she said with gritted teeth. "One word from me... and everyone will turn on her. and you know that. I can easily manipulate any guy here."D.O's eyes widened.

"You don't want your little precious Soyoon to wake up in a random guys bed-"

"You leave her alone Hyuna! Or I will -"

"You will what?!" she cut him off.

Hyuna chuckled, "You think her life is bad now? With people talking about her behind her back..." she started. "Well then you must not know me at all Do Kyungsoo. You must not know what I'm capable of... I do what I want and I sure as hell get what the I want..." she smirked.

D.O tried to stop himself from hurting this person infront of him. Because God knows how much he wants to plummet this whole house down on her.

"You take care of her now... or I'll take care of her for you?" she chuckled, "Your choice."

He didn't answer. And Hyuna took that as a yes.

She cupped his face and smashed her lips onto his. D.O felt like puking. Everything about her was just vile.

"W-What's going on h-here?" Their little session was cut short by someone.

*Soyoon...* he thought.

Hyuna pulled away and smirked. "I don't know... ask your best friend."

D.O felt Soyoon's eyes on him, but he couldn't look up.

Everything Hyuna said just started reighning down on him. *I-I can't...*

"It's none of your business." he said coldly.

"W-What?" he could hear Soyoon choke in her tears.

"I said it's none of your business!" he yelled firmly this time. He tried to hold in he's tears.

He could sense Hyuna's smiling. Oh how badly he wanted to hurt her right now.

"You heard him. Get out!!!" Hyuna said and he could barely look at Soyoon.

He couldn't look at her at all.

All he heard was foot steps. And then she was gone.

*I'm sorry Soyoon... Saranghae...*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soyoon let all this information sink in to her. Silence filled the room.

"I'm sorry Soyoon~ah..." he grabbed her hands. "I only did that because I didn't want her to hurt you."

Soyoon looked up at him, "But you ended up hurting me instead..." she got out of his grasp and stood up. She tried to steady herself.

She felt weaker.

"I'm sor-"

"Thank you..." she cut him off. "T-Thank you for telling me..." her tears started falling.

"Soyoon... is there anyway for us to be friends again? Like how we were before?" he stood up and asked her pleadingly.

Soyoon gave him a weak smile and nodded, "Friends... yes...."

"Best friends... maybe...."she added and looked up at him.

"More than friends?" D.O asked her with hopeful eyes. Her smile faded and she shook her head. He felt a little pinch in his heart.

"Feelings change oppa... People change...." Soyoon mumbled. She tried to avoid his eyes.

But he quickly smiled, "Arra~~ I understand..." she looked up at him. He pulled her into a hug.

She was shocked at first, but she hugged him back. "I guess I'm too late huh?" he asked. She didn't answer.

He sighed deeply, "I missed you SoSo..." he kissed the top of her head.

He pulled out of the hug and looked down at her, "Whoever it is in that heart of yours... He better be happy and grateful." he said and smiled down at her. "He made a great girl fall for him...~~"

Soyoon tried to sit back on the bed because she was getting dizzy, but D.O pulled her into a hug again.

"O-Oppa..." she called.

"Hmmm?" he asked but felt her go limp. "Soyoon?" She didn't answer. He looked at his shoulder. She was unconcious.

"Soyoon???!!!!" he shook her to try and wake her up.

His eyes glanced infront of them. The mirror... He could see himself... but not her.

He panicked. "Not this again... Soyoon!!!" he pulled her out of the hug and carried her to the bed.

He ran to the door, "NOONA!!! HYUNG!!!! Come quickly!!!" After a few moments he could hear footsteps running up the stairs and people barging into the room.

"What's wro- SOYOON!!!" Dayoung hollered and the girls quickly ran to her side.

"What happened?" Sehun marched up to D.O. "She's hungry..." he whispered.

"W-What?? But she ate before we left school." Eunbi answered.

"Noona... Her reflection is gone again..." D.O added. Eunbi looked at him wide eyed. "WHAT?! I t-thought that it was only temp-"

"Unni... Look." Jieun called and Eunbi looked back. Jieun had Soyoon's lips parted. They could clearly see her fangs. The others looked on worry.

"Noona... She needs blood." D.O whisper.