29. Drifting Apart

The Path

 "I swear! She was here not too long ago!!!" Eunbi shrieked trying to convince Ara. Soyoon was gone. No one was in her room.

"The window." Lay pointed out. Everybody looked towards it and sure enough, the window was wide open.

The girls almost broke out in tears, "W-We only left her in here to rest... We didn't think she was going to l-leave." Dayoung said with tears b her eyes. Ara nodded calmly.

"I'll go look for her right awa-"

"No." Ara cut Kris off. Everyone looked at her flabbergasted.

She sighed and sat on the bed gently carressing the disarrayed sheets, "Vampires don't sleep... nor do they faint..." She looked up.

Sure enough, the kid faces were more confused, "B-But she did, not to-"

"Her body might've given out, but her mind didn't..." Ara explained. "She was hungry... Nothing will stop that."

Everyone's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets, "Soyoon will go on a rampage! We need to find her now!!!" Jieun shrieked.

Ara calmly shook her head no, "She needs to know what she's capable of..."

"CAPABLE OF?!" Chen looked at her flabbergasted, "Innocent lives are at stake! And we're not going to do anything about it?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HELP!!! HELP ME!!!" A girl shrieked in one of the old abandoned buildings in the outskirts of Seoul.

*SLAP*

"Shut up before I kill you!!" The guy that was holding her down on an old rusty table spat.

The girl was whimpering and shivering in fear. "Pl-Please let me go..." she cried quietly.

The guy only ripped her clothes apart.

"People like you disgust me..." someone whispered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone in the room agreed to what Chen said and waited for Ara to explain further.

Ara looked up at them, "Think about it. If Soyoon was that hungry she wouldv'e already attacked one of you." Almost everyone gulped and hushed up.

"Back in the old days, vampires settle to either the blood of animals or in some cases to what their bloodline was exposed to..." Ara explained.

"What bloodline? Soyoon's parents aren't vampires." Chanyeol looked confused.

"Soyoon's parent's aren't..." Ara started.

"But Mina's are..." Dayoung finished for her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"People like you disgust me..."

The man frantically looked up startled, "W-Who's there?!" he yelled squinting his eyes trying to look for the unknown person, but it was too dark.

"HELP!!!" The girl he pinned down on the table yelled, but he quickly muffed her.

"SHUT UP !!!" he yelled.

"Tsk... tsk... tsk..." He heard someone again and looked around.

"WHO'S THERE?!! SHOW YOURSELF!!" he demanded.

The person giggled, "Are you sure you want me to do that?"

"I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU! SHOW YOURSELF OR I WILL-"

"You will what?" the person asked coldly. He quickly got a gun out of his pocket. The girl he was pinning down on the table looked on wide eyed.

"I WILL SHOOT YOU!" he threatened.

All he heard was silence. The unknown person didn't answer back.

He chuckled and looked back at his prey. "Now where were we?!" he asked but all he got was a look of fear.

But it wasn't for him, it was for something behind him. He stiffened and slowly looked back.

"Boo..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why is she craving for it now? It's been weeks since she got her full powers and she was fine then." Suho asked.

"Something must've triggered Mina's blood in her..." Ara said thinking deeply.

"How is that possible?" Dayoung asked.

Ara shrugged, "I don't know... But if you guys think that she has her full powers already... Then my dears you are sadly mistaken."

"Mina was royalty for a reason..." Ara added. Everyone grew silent.

"I-I saw her this afternoon..." D.O decided to speak up, "... she was pinning Hyuna against the wall." Everyone gasped.

"I thought they were fighting so I pulled her away from Hyuna... But her fangs were out." D.O looked down sorrowful. "I knew something was wrong... I should've informed someone before it got worse."

"It's not your fault..." Ara said walking up to the boy and patted is back.

"Wait... Why did she attack Hyuna and not us?!" Lay asked. Everyone stopped and thought for a moment.

"Mina's father..." Suho suddenly mumbled. "What about him?" Jieun asked.

"He had a keen sense of smell for people with evil dispositions..." Kris answered.

"So I sense that this Hyuna person isn't of moral character...?" Ara asked. Everyone scoffed.

"She used to bully Soyoon, well... I guess even now. They were never on good terms." Sehun answered. Ara nodded in understanding.

"Was she harmed?" She asked looking at D.O. He shook his head no, "Soyoon erased her memory and walked away."

Ara smiled faintly.*As expect-*

*CREEAAAKKKKK~~~~* The bedroom door slowly opened.

Everyone's head snapped towards it and their hearts almost dropped at what they saw.

Soyoon. Her hair was disheveled, feet were covered in mud, but what caught everyone's eyes was her clothes.

It was all covered in blood, come to think of it, even her face and hands were covered too.

Soyoon slowly raised her head and sobbed. "I-I'm sorry... I'm so sorry!" She wailed falling on her knees.

Ara stood up shocked and in disbelief, "Soyoon... W-What did you do?" she asked cautiously.

"I... I... t-think I-I killed someone..." Soyoon answered sobbing hardly. Everyone inaudibly gasped.

Though they had a hunch of what happened, hearing it from Soyoon herself was just unbelievable.

"W-Wait... What do you mean you think?" Suho asked.

"I don't know... M-My mind was clouded... I-I couldn't think properly..."  she explained grasping locks of her hair, she felt like she was going crazy.

"One minute, I'm pinning a guy down on the floor... T-Then the next... I'm w-walking in the front door... Looking l-like this...." she said pointing at her clothes. She looked up at them, the look of fear and confusion was etched in their faces. It hurt her.

She glanced at Sehun, looking for at least one person to comfort her. But he wouldn't even look at her.

Soyoon's eyes casted down in sadness, "I don't know w-what happened..." she cried silently hugging her knees. "I'm so sorry." she whispered.

Soyoon sat on the floor in silence. No one was saying anything, although she knew they had a lot to say.

Their thoughts were pounding in her head... It was giving her a headache but chose not to show it anyway and stood up.

"Soyoo-"

"C-Can you guys please leave me alone for a while...?" she cut Lay off.

Jieun was about to say something, but opted not to. Soyoon scooted away from the door and everyone started filing out of her room.

She didn't look at them at all and just stared at the wall.

Once the footsteps slowly disappeared, she gently closed the door and rested her forehead on it.

She cried... remembering what they were thinking.

*It doesn't seem right...*

*Soyoon would never do that*

*There has to be some kind of explanation*

*This is unbelieveable*

Almost every thought was making her sound as if she was the victim. When she clearly wasn't.

"How can they be so stupid? I'm a monster...." she whispered trying to stop her tears from falling.

"Don't say that..." Soyoon gasped and looked back.

"S-Sehun?" she looked confused. "W-Why are you still in here?" She asked him trying to wipe her tears away.

"Well... you didn't really check if someone was still here." he said matter of factly.

"Well, you need to get out." she demanded pointing at the door.

He shrugged it off and went closer to her. Soyoon stepped back. He stopped before he could even be in arms reach.

Sehun sighed, "What are you doing?"

"You need to stay away from me..." she said, a pang of guilt in her heart made her tear up again. "Everyone needs to stay away from me."

"For Christ's sake Soyoon, your not even sure if you did it or not.." He said trying to get through to her.

She looked at him disbelievingly, "Look at me!!!" she yelled, tears forming in her eyes.

"LOOK AT ME!!! How do you explain this?! HUH?!" she hollered pointing at her clothes.

Sehun looked on at her silently, "Soyoon, it could've just been som-"

"Will you stop?!" she yelled at him with a look of disbelief. "I did this! It's my fault!"

"Everyone is being brainwashed by the fact that I'm so ing innocent. That they won't even face the truth and say it to their damn selves." She burst out.

"I'm the one that has to live with this guilt..." Her tears were slowly streaming down her cheeks. "... Not them... Not you... But me Sehun." She sobbed.

"That man might've been a criminal, but he was a person none the less..." She tried to wipe away her tears, but they just kept falling.

Sehun grew quiet.

"You need to leave..." He looked up at her.

"... Before I hurt you too..." she whispered and looked away.

Sehun didn't answer. He sighed shaking his head and headed for the door.

"People care about you Soyoon... Not because they have to or because it's their responsibilty..."

Soyoon didn't look it him.

"But it's because they love you..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Has she been eating?" Sehun asked. Jieun shook her head no. "Ara said that she won't crave for food until the blood she drank subsides." she explained.

"How long will that be?" he asked again. "In about a month or two..." Jieun answered.

Sehun combed through his hair in frustration, "It's been five days since she's been locked up in her room already..."

"Sehun... Just go talk to her." Jieun suggested. "Yeah. What she said!" Kai chipped in.

Sehun almost forgot that he was even there. "Easier said than done. She was already avoiding me before she got into this mess, and now it just escalated to her not even letting me near her." He said looking down at his drink. Jieun eyed him.

"Bro... Seriously... Not to be a douche... But... You're kinda interrupting our little dat- OFFF." Jieun elbowed Kai before he could even finish.

She glared at him and looked back at Sehun, "Sehun, he was just kidding."

Sehun looked around. They were in a restaurant that had couples in every table. He felt a little out of place.

He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled shyly, "Oh... Uhhh. Sorry... I'll leave now." He stood up.

"You don't have to." Jieun said again. Sehun just smiled.

"Ani... I've disturbed you enough already... Have fun." With that he left the restaurant quickly.

"Finally... I thought he would've never lef-OWW!" he grasped the back of his head and looked at Jieun.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"Can't you see that the guy is having problems?! What is wrong with you?!" Jieun scolded him.

He slumped down on his seat and pouted, "I just wanted to be alone with you... It's been so long since we actually hung out together..." he whined.

Jieun almost burst out laughing at how cute he was. She was about to pinch his cheeks when something stopped her.

She snapped her head towards the door and saw three guys come in. They came in further and scanned their surroundings like they were looking for something.

Or someone.

Jieun unconciously grabbed Kai's hand. He sat up and looked at her, "What's wrong?"

"T-Those three guys..." she said looking the other way. Kai immediatley looked at them. They glanced towards their table but then quickly looked away and went on with their business.

"What about the-"

"Let's go..." Jieun yanked him up and without a word went straight to the door.

"Jieun hold up... hold up!" Kai yelled and pulled on Jieun's arm. She halted but didn't look back.

"Jieun, what's the problem?" he grabbed her shoulder and made her look at him.

He backed away in shock. Her eyes were pitch black. "Ji-Jieun.." he called.

She shook her head and blinked a couple of times, her eyes went back to normal.

"I felt them..." she whispered. Kai looked confused, "Who?.... Those guys?" she nodded her head.

"Felt what?" he asked. She looked up at him, "Their souls..."

Kai was about to ask again, but Jieun saw those three guys come out of the restaurant and pulled Kai into an alley teleporting back to the house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunbi was in the living room reading a book when she heard someone walk down the stairs.

She looked up and saw Soyoon. Eunbi quickly went to her. "You're out..." she smiled but Soyoon only nodded. "I suddenly felt suffocated in there..." she whispered.

Soyoon looked around, "Where's Dayoung and Jieun?"

"Oh.. Uhh.. Jieun is with Kai and Dayoung left to go grocery shopping with Kris and Baekhyun."

"Why didn't you go anywhere?" Soyoon asked. Eunbi scratched the back of her neck. "I stayed just incase you were going to come out."

Soyoon smiled faintly and glanced at her, "Your hair turned all the way already..." she pointed out. Eunbi nodded, "Yeah... just this morning..."

Soyoon looked up at her sorrily, "I'm sorry for worrying you..." she whispered. Eunbi enveloped her in a hug. "I'm the last person you need to say sorry to... There's someone who's about to go crazy because you've been ignoring him."

Eunbi pulled out of the hug and smiled at Soyoon.

*Ding Dong* the door bell rang.

"Go sit down I'll get it..." Eunbi pushed her towards the couch and headed to the door.

"Oh... Luhan." Eunbi beamed. Luhan smiled. "I'm just here to drop off Soyoon's school work. I know you guys were busy, so I picked it up instead."

" THANK YOU!!!!" Eunbi Hugged him. Luhan hugged her back, "Ani, no problem. I just wanted to help." he said and rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

"Uhhhh... By the way, how is she?" he asked. Eunbi smiled warmly, "She actually just got out of her room. You want to see her?"

Luhan's eyes beamed, "Ne-"

"HAHAHAHAHA OPPA!!!!" They snapped their heads to the side and saw Dayoung and Kris laughing and hitting each other while carrying bags of grocery's.

"Oh... Unni! We're back!" Dayoung beamed and hooked her arms around Kris' dragging him towards them.

Luhan's smile quickly faded. "Annyeong Luhan!" Dayoung smiled at him.

Luhan just nodded his head, "Luhan was just about to come i-"

"Ani, Eunbi. I'll leave now." He handed Eunbi the folder of homework which she grabbed confused.

"I though you wanted to-"

"I forgot that I had to be somewhere... Tell Soyoon I'll see her next time." he faintly smiled and walked towards his car.

"Bye...." Dayoung said and waved. Luhan didn't reply and kept walking. She pouted.

*What's wrong? It's like he couldn't wait to leave.* she thought looking on at Luhan's car vanishing out of the driveway. Kris caught her solemn expression.

"Where's Baekhyun?" Eunbi asked snapping Dayoung out of her reverie.

"Oh... He's at the back. He parked the car in the garage." Eunbi nodded her head in understanding.

"UNNI!!!!!!!!!!!" Soyoon's scream from inside was heard.