I7. Familiar

The Path

The girls rushed to the hospital right after third period ended. They were released early due to the earthquake that struck half of the fine arts hallway.

They knew Soyoon was behind it when they saw a hysterical Hyuna panickly running through the hallways.

Once they got to the hospital they went straight to the front desk. "Uhmm... Chae Soyoon's room number pl-" Eunbi was cut off by someone nudging her. She looked back and Dayoung nodded towards the waiting area.

Soyoon was sitting there, with tears painted on her face. "Soyoon~ah!!!" the girls quickly rushed to her and hugged her tightly.

"Are you okay?"

"Did you get hurt?"

"Did Hyuna hurt you? Ima kill that bitc-!" Jieun was stopped by Eunbi's glare. She looked down and Soyoon was blank. Soyoon didn't even bother to wipe the tears that were still streaming down her face and was staring at the T.V.

The girls looked up and saw that the news was on.

"There was an earthquake that struck Seoul Performing Arts High School today. No fatalities. Though there were two students that were found in the scene. They are currently in Seoul National Hospital for the time being. No major injuries inflicted, but they are checking for traumatic possibilites..."

Soyoon shrugged. "I wanna move out tonight." she said. The girls were pulled back from the news and faced her. Eunbi could only nod in agreement.

Sighing, Soyoon got up and headed for the door.

"You guys go ahead... I'll be there in a little bit. I need to use the restroom." Dayoung waved them off and quickly ran down the hospital hallway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DO KYUNGSOO!!!!" Luhan's voice boomed through the phone.

"How can you be so careless? You had two people with you! One is in the hospital and one is still shaking from the trauma. Hyuna is telling people that Soyoon was a monster or something. She's blaming the poor girl." Luhan was nagging him.

Kyungsoo already told him that it wasn't his fault. "Hyung! I told you... The earthquake already happened before I even got there..." he kept saying again and again, but to no use.

Luhan sighed, "We'll be there in a little bit to get you. Is Soyoon still there?" he asked.

"No, she just left." he replied.

"Okay" Luhan hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Fifteen minutes later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five cars parked into the hospital parking lot. The guys all got out and headed for the hospital doors, but was halted when they saw the girls come out, Dayoung was missing though.

Sehun was about to wave at them, but stopped when he saw Soyoon's face. She looked tired, hurt, and tears were b in her eyes. She quickly looked away and fastened her pace to their car. The girls followed suit.

All the guys saw Soyoon too, but opted not to bother her at the moment.

Once the guys got into the hospital, they quickly headed towards Kyungsoo's room but Kris decided to stay at the waiting room with Sehun to hinder him from killing Kyungsoo at the spot. And for all he knows, Luhan and Suho are going to be yelling for a good hour before they would be able to leave, and he would not risk a migraine for that.

"Ughhhh... I hate hospitals... If it wasn't for that damn Kyungsoo, we wouldn't be here." Sehun whined.

Kris rolled his eyes, "Oh hush up... He already said that it wasn't him."

It was Sehun's turn to roll his eyes this time, " And you actually believe him?"

Kris sighed, "Think about it, has Kyungsoo ever messed up this bad before? Even when he was still getting used to his powers, he wasn't THIS bad, a few mild shakes here and there, but an actual calamity and having innocent people involved... Does that sound like Kyungsoo to you?"

Sehun was silent, "B-But... if it wasn't him? Then who could it have been?" Sehun was deep in thought. Kris was just waiting for him to put the peices together.

Then, Sehun's eyes went wide, "The chosen ones?" he whispered. Kris nodded hesitantly.

"Then that means... they go to our school!!!" Sehun blurted a little too loudly. Kris smirked, "Bingo."

Kris stood up and pushed Sehun back down to his seat. "Stay here, i'll go get the others... we need to leave as soon as possible."

Kris walked down the hallway, heading for the room. Once he rounded the corner, he bumped into somebody, and not a moment too soon, he stretched his arms out to catch the person.

Only to be shocked to see who it was

"Dayoung?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dayoung?" his voice processed in her head.

*OMG!!! KRIS!!! OF ALL PEOPLE... WHY HIM?!* she stared blankly at his face, they were caught in an awkward position with his arms latched around her waist and their faces only a few inches apart. She was frozen.

Though, it gave her the opportunity to examine his god like features. *His kissable lips, his sharp nose, his perfect jawline and his eyes... wait... his eyes... they look so familiar.* Her face contorted in confusion and he finally let go of her.

They awkwardly straightened their clothes out and was enveloped in silence.

Kris decided to break it. "Are you alright?" Dayoung's eyes widened and she froze again.

She looked up at him. *His voice... It can't be...* she quickly left and ran out of the hospital.

"Bye guys!!!" Dayoung yelled.

She just finished dance practice and was heading home. Unfortunately, they ended a little too late and she didn't have a ride home. The girls were off on their own afterschool activities and her parents were out of town.

Only if they hired a driver, then she wouldn't be walking home alone at 10 o'clock at night. She sighed and started her tracks. She had her earphones on and was skipping along the side walk singing and sometimes dancing.

She stopped when she came upon the alley that she would usually take in the morning to get to the dance studio. It was a shortcut, but looking at it now. It was a little too scary for her liking.

It only had about three streetlights illuminating it and one of them was about to give out, blinking on and off here and there. But all that was in her mind was taking a hot bath and sleeping on her comfortable bed as soon as she possible.

"Hmmm... Might as well..." she said and headed down the alley.

Three minutes into the murky darkness, shivers were running down her spine.

Occassionally hearing little critters running beside her and not to mention the empty soda bottles that she almost fell tripping over, or at least that's what she thought they were.

She fastened her pace, but her ears perked up when she heard another one of those bottles being kicked to the side behind her. It wasn't her for sure.

She looked back and all she saw was darkness. She straightened up again and fastened her pace a little more. This time she heard clear footsteps following behind her.

She sped up and got into a full sprint. She heard the person speeding up behind her too and she went into panice mode.

Her eyes were now getting blurry with tears but that didn't hinder her from seeing the end of the alley. She could see people passing by, not a lot but, they could probably help her at least.

Just a little more. Five more steps... "HEL-" she tried yelling but was stopped by a hand covering .

She was pulled back into the alley, thrashing and crying her eyes out.

She was helpless... She could smell the alcohol that reeked off the person and from the feel of the arms that's muffing her. It was a man.

She was helplessy trying to pry his hands off but it was no use. All she could think about now was cry, and pray for someone to help her. She couldn't fight and if she did, her strength was no match against him.

He threw her on a pile of garbage and laughed. "Too easy." he said and snickered.

She got up and tried to run away again, only to be yanked back by her hair. "Come back here you little !" He slapped her and she fell to the ground clasping her cheeks.

The sting of the slap wasn't close enough to the fear she was feeling right now. She was terrified.

This man could do anything he wanted to her and she wouldn't even be able to hinder it from happening. *God help me..* she cried out in her head.

He started unbuckling his belt and walked slowly towards her. All she could do was scoot back and cry pleadingly.

"P-please, don't do t-this, plea-"

"SHUT UP!!!" he yelled.  She sobbed quietly and feared what was coming next.

He knelt down in front of her and grabbed her legs. She started kicking but was stopped when he pinned her down.

"Now be a good girl and let me have some fu-" he was cut off by a punch in the face. He fell off of her and she gathered herself scooting back away from him.

She looked up and saw a guy wearing a hoodie. It was too dark for her to make up his face.

The guy in the hoodie, landed a kick on the other guy. He plummetted down to the ground groaning in pain.

He tried to stand back up but the alcohol he consumed was hindering his balance and he fell back down again. The guy who helped her landed a strong punch on the other guy's face that knocked him out.

Dayoung  was still shivering from fear and tears wouldn't stop falling. The guy in the hoodie approached her and knelt infront of her.

He tried putting his hand on her shoulder but she winced and panicked again moving away from him.

"Are you alright?" he asked, with his deep yet soothing voice. He didn't attempt to touch her this time. She looked up at him.

Dayoung couldn't make up his face, the darkness was one thing but the tears b her eyes were another.

Though, the one thing that she could actually see, was his eyes. They were dark brown and they were full of worry and concern.

It made her feel a little better. But it seems that the exhaustion and the fear that was still etched in her was too much... She fainted.

That was four years ago. When she was in middle school. That event led her to closing up on everybody except for her family and the girls of course.

She built up the fear of being alone and the fear of the opposite . The girls ultimatley decided upon learning self defense which led them to being full out experts in different fields of fighting.

She's been searching for her saviour ever since that event. When she woke up in the hospital the day after and they said that he called the hospital to send an emergency back up and police to catch the . No sign.

Even the phone came from an unregistered number. It was like he didn't want people to know who he was.

All she could remember was his eyes and the sound of his voice. She just wanted to thank him.

She wouldn't have been alive if it wasn't for him.

But one thing's for sure... Another mystery is shrouding her mind.

"Kris? Was it really you...?"