05. Long Time No See

The Path

 "Ummaaaaa!!!" Jieun hollered from the living room.

"Calm down Kelly!!! I'm right here." She saw her mom coming down the stairs.

"What do you need?"

"Uhmm. The girls are coming over in a little bit. Is that okay?" She asked.

"Yeah! I haven't seen them in a while. But I'm leaving to go to a meeting. So I’ll see you guys later." Her mom grabbed her coat heading to the door.

"Bye momahhhhh!" She yelled a little too enthusiastically.

*That girl... I swear... she needs help.* her mom chuckled and closed the door.

-

"Mom, I'll be back in a little bit. The girls are meeting up at Kelly's house today." Dayoung told her mom and headed for the door.

"Kim Dayoung! I know you’re not leaving without giving me a kiss." Dayoung rolled her eyes and went back to the kitchen.

"Umma... I really need to g-"

"Haha, she gave me a kiss and you didn't get one." Her dad yelled from upstairs. Dayoung could only shake her head. *How is he the CEO of the biggest gun manufacturing company, and acts like a child.*

She saw her mom glare at her and she grumbled and gave in.

"Ughhhh... fine." She gave her mom a kiss and left.

-

"Daddy!" Soyoon ran into her dad's office with a smile on her face and a hop in her step.

"Hey sweetie! What's going on?" Her dad said looking up from the pile of documents he was reading.

"Can I go to Kelly's today? The girls are getting together to plan for the road trip this year." She asked and batted her eyelashes at him.  He could only chuckle at his daughter. "Sure sweetie. But make sure you tell your mom. She just went downstairs and was going to cook lunch for three." Her dad implied.

"Okay. Thanks daddy!" she gave him a hug and ran down stairs.

"Mom! I'm leaving to go to Kelly's. No need to cook for me. See you later." She hollered and walked right out the door.

"Julia wai-" her mom was cut off by the door slamming.

*That girl is always in a hurry.* her mom chuckled.

-

"Umma! Appa! I'm goin to Kel-"

*Hmm.... Where are they?* Eunbi wondered when she didn't see anybody in the living room. *I know they aren't in their room. I just checked.*

"CLANK!!!" she heard somebody in the kitchen and headed over there.

"Ughhh... really Baekhyun you can't even cook bacon right." She saw Baekhyun fighting with himself in the kitchen. He didn't notice her and kept cooking.

*He's still as clumsy as ever* She chuckled. He was dodging the popping oil coming from the bacon, but got hit near the eye and hit the pot and the hot oil flew to his arm. "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" he yelled in agony and was jumping up and down. Eunbi ran to him in alarm and took a wet dish cloth and immediately wiped off the oil off his arm and blew on it.

"Does it hurt?" Eunbi asked and Baekhyun could only soften at the gesture. She looked at him and he stared at her with meaningful eyes. She awkwardly looked away. "Uhmmm.... you need to be careful next time." She said and noticed that his arm was getting redder. *He needs to go get that checked out.*

"You need to go to the hospital. Your burn is gonna get worse."

He finally snapped out of his daze and took notice of his arm. "O-Oh.. yeah." he laughed it off.

"Come on. I'll take you."

"Y-You don't have to. I can just use the first aid kit." she rolled her eyes.

"Just come on." she pulled him out of the kitchen and led him to the living room. She saw a note on the living room table.

 "Eunbi~ah... Were going to meet your mom for breakfast. Help Baekhyun around the house and maybe you could take him out today. Have fun~! -Dad-"

            She dropped the note back on the table and sighed. *I guess I'd have to take him with me... The girls are gonna tease me to no end. Ughhhhhh* She groaned inwardly and went upstairs to get her purse.

"Wait here, I'll just get my stuff." she saw him blowing on his arm. *So clumsy.*

            She came back down and threw Baekhyun a coat,"It's getting cold outside." She said lightly and headed out the door with him following. They headed to her car and Baekhyun's jaw dropped.

 *What is she doing with this car? Does she know this is the fastest car.....ever?*

He stood there frozen and she could only chuckle at him.

"Come on! I'm not gonna kill you." She smirked and got in. He slowly headed to the car and got in. "Buckle up." Starting the engine she drove off.... a little too fast.

*I'm gonna die!!!* Baekhyun thought and closed his eyes in fear.

            While on their way to the hospital Baekhyun finally eased up a little bit. *She drives better than me...* Eunbi expertly drove her car and Baekhyun was impressed. She threw her phone at him and he looked confused.

"Plug it in the speaker and dial three." She said while still looking at the road. He did what he was told and soon enough they heard the phone ringing. "Briiiinnnnnggg..."

-

            "Ding dong!" the door bell rang. Jieun ran to the door and opened it. Dayoung was standing there with a tray of cookies.

"Lizzy!!!!! OMG. You're a life saver. I was just about to bake some and if I did I would've burnt the house down." Dayoung chuckled at her and saw flour on her face. "You’re welcome! And go clean yourself up. You look like a mess." She said and let herself in.

"Hmmph... you better be happy I gave up on cooking or I would've poisoned you." She mumbled and went into the bathroom to clean herself up. Dayoung just rolled her eyes sitting down on the sofa and turned the T.V. on.

            When Jieun finished cleaning herself up she walked into the kitchen and started cleaning the mess she made.

"Briinnnnnnggggggg..." she heard the phone ring.

"Dayoung~ah answer the phone."

"On it."

"Hello?"

"Dayoung is this you?" she heard on the other line. "

OH... Chrissy! Are you on your way?"

"About that... I'm going to be a little late, but don't worry, I'm gonna be there in about a hour." she said.

 "Ok the-" Dayoung was interrupted buy the front door opening.

"I'm HEREEEEEE!" Soyoon hollered obnoxiously.

            Dayoung rolled her eyes. "Is Soyoon there?" Eunbi asked.

"Yep...."

"Okay... put me on speaker." Dayoung put the phone on speaker and called the girls over. "Soyoon~ah" Eunbi called.

"Neh?"

"Call up some of the guys over, I have a surprise for them." Eunbi said.

 "WHAT?!!!!" all the three girls hollered.

"Just do as I say and if they don't come, tell them I'll deal with them when I get to school... Okay?" she said threateningly.

"But why meeeee.." Soyoon whined.

 "You're the only one who has all their numbers." Eunbi answered sarcastically.

"Oh.. right… hehe" she laughed and turned a shade of red.

"Chrissy.... NOOOOOOO!!!! Kai is going to annoy the crap out of me." Jieun complained.

"Just this once Jieun. If you get fed up, just knock him out." Eunbi said with no hint of sarcasm. All the girls grinned at each other and thought *This is going to be fun.*

 "Okay, see you in an hour." Eunbi said and hung up.


-

            *Knock him out?!!!!! Did she just say 'KNOCK HIM OUT'?* Baekhyun thought wide eyed, *What happened to sweet Eunbi?* he glanced at her and she had the straightest face.

"We’re here." She inquired. They got out of the car and went into the hospital.  They signed in and were waiting for the doctor to call them.

"Byun Baekhyun." he stood up and followed the nurse. He looked back at Eunbi and she motioned for him to go ahead.

"I'll wait out here." she said and gave him a warm smile.

            Fifteen minutes later, Baekhyun came out with his arm bandaged and was carrying out a bag of ointments.

"Next time, keep a look out for your boyfriend." The nurse told Eunbi smiling and walked away.

"H-He's not my b-boyfriend." she whispered and blushed, so did Baekhyun.

"Come on. They're waiting for us." She said quickly changing the subject and walked out the hospital

-

            "KIM JONGIN!!!! GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!!!" Dayoung heard Jieun yell from upstairs and shook her head. The guys came not too long ago. It didn't take a lot of convincing after Soyoon told them that Eunbi had a surprise for them. Right when they came, all hell broke loose.

            Soyoon was in the couch getting cozy with Lay and from time to time fighting with D.O.

*I really don't know why they never get along...* Jieun thought. She was upstairs trying to keep Kai away from her room and Dayoung was in the kitchen staying away from Luhan but mostly Kris. He's been staring at her for the past twenty minutes and it's been bothering her. The other guys were outside in Jieun's outdoor court playing basketbell.

"Ughhhhhh!!!! When is Eunbi coming? I'm about to kill this gu-"

"DING DONG!"

"FINALLYYYYYY!!!!!!" Jieun ran to the door and opened it.

            "Eunbi!!! Finally, your her- OPPAAAAAA!" Jieun beamed when she saw Baekhyun and was about to jump on him to give him a hug but Eunbi pushed her to the side and looked at his arm.

"Your 'oppa' hurt himself. So don't go to rough on him. " Eunbi said and walked in the house. Baekhyun smiled at Jieun giving her a hug and he almost broke a rib trying to. *Why are these girls so strong now?!* He asked himself.

"Guys what's going on. I saw Eunb- AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Soyoon and Dayoung screamed at the top of their lungs that even the guys outside heard it and rushed back in the house.

            "Baekhyun oppa!!!!" Yhey both gave him hugs and Baekhyun winced in pain. *WHY.ARE.THEY.SO.STRONG?!* They saw the bandage on his arm and immediately looked at Eunbi in disbelief.

"Unni!!!!! What did you do to Baekhyun?!! Why did you hurt him?" Jieun whined and faked her tears. Everybody stared at her wide eyed and she rolled her eyes.

"That pretty boy was too clumsy that he burnt himself while cooking some breakfast. So don't blame it on me." Jieun shrugged.

"I don't believe you! I bet you burnt him yourself!" Eunbi shot her a glare. Baekhyun couldn't take it anymore. "She's telling the truth, she even took me to the hospital to get it checked out." he explained.

            "Then that means you haven't eaten yet!" Soyoon implied. Eunbi almost forgot why Baekhyun was cooking in the first place.

"I'll order some food. Anybody up for Chinese?" Eunbi said un-enthusiastically and everybody just nodded. She grabbed the phone and went into the kitchen.

"Jieun~ah come here please~~~" They heard Eunbi say.

"Ooooooohhhhhhh! You’re in trouble." The two girls teased. Jieun could only look at them in fear and walked off.

 "Is she going to be alright?" Baekhyun asked worriedly. The two girls just shrugged and pulled him in the house. "

She'll be fine bro. My baby's tough." Kai told him.

            "HELLLLPPPPPP!!!! She's trying to kill me!!!!" They heard Jieun yell in the kitchen.

"But then again. That is Eunbi she's dealing with." Kai laughed awkwardly,"Yo man!!! How are you?"

"It's been years." Baekhyun chuckled.

"You’re the surprise Eunbi had for us? Well that .... kidding" His friends said. They were all in the living room already and Baekhyun was so happy seeing a bunch of his childhood friends. He looked back to the kitchen and saw Eunbi leaning on the counter smiling warmly but quickly frowned when she saw him stare at her. *Thanks Eunbi* he thought and went back talking to his friends.

            "What brings you back here?" Lay asked.

 "I'm going back to school here." Baekhyun replied.

Everybody froze for, I don't know how long then the guys started howling like wolves. "Wohooooooo!!!! Baekhyun's back!!!!!!!" They started jumping around like party animals.

"So where are you staying?" Luhan asked.

Baekhyun and Eunbi bushed at the question.

"I'm staying at Eunbi's house." Baekhyun whispered faintly but loud enough that everyone heard it.

"WHAT!!!????" The guys asked in disbelief. The girls glanced at Eunbi who was staring at the ground trying to hide her reddening face.

"Lucky"

"NO  FAIR!"

 "Really?!"

"I wanna live with Eunbi too. Eunbi, can I live with you?" Eunbi shot Sehun a glare and he cowered back down to the couch. Everybody laughed at him.

"Girl's come on! Time to talk about the trip!" Eunbi said walking up the stairs and the other girls stood up and followed. Xiumin, Kai, Tao, and Chanyeol were about to run upstairs to Jieun's room too but when they reached the stairs, Soyoon grabbed Xiumin and Tao by their collars and yanked them back down by the throat. Jieun did a round house kick on Kai and he plumetted down to the floor. Dayoung grabbed Chanyeol's arm and tripped him to his knees pushing him off the stairs.

"AND STAY DOWN THERE!" All four of them yelled and headed to Jieun's room.

            Baekhyun's jaw dropped. *What the HELL just happened?*

"Bro, You've missed out on ALOT of stuff ever since you left." D.O. told him.

"Those four girls aren't the same four girls you used to know." Lay chuckled.

"They're not just rich.."

"...not just pretty...

"...not just popular..."

"But they're also the best fighters here in Seoul." Tao said rubbing his neck.

"....probably even in Korea." Kris implied. No hint of sarcasm in his voice.

*Those girls? Them? Those four girls.... just now?* Baekhyun could not even imagine how this came to be.

 "Haha. And you live with one of them!~" Chanyeol teased and everybody snickered. "Good luck man!" Lay patted his back and it just made Baekhyun feel worse.