I8. Too Little, Too Late

The Path

Three days....

six days....

two weeks...

one month.

It's been a month since the girls moved out of their family's homes and moved in together. So far so good, well that's if you think, crying every night to sleep, not eating well, and avoiding everyone they cared about was great.

Then, they're having the time of their lives. Though, their weekly trips to Ara's was helpful towards controlling their powers, since they've finally mastered it. Plus, having her as a shoulder to cry on, but it still didn't fill the void in their hearts.

School wasn't helping either. They've canceled all their dance and singing performances for the meantime and avidly went to their classes, worrying about their grades and avoiding people as best they could.

That was their only way to keep their sanity. Well, at least when the guys weren't on ther minds or basically near them.

Kyungsoo was heading to his third period music class when he saw Soyoon and Eunbi come out of the girl's restroom. He hid behind one of the pillars.

The girls looked as uninterested as always. Their eyes were so hollow and tired, it was obvious that they've been crying, it scared him.

*What is happening to them? First they move out of their houses, then they start acting like they've never been friends with us before... What's wrong?* he thought. Wrong move.

Soyoon heard his thoughts and quickly snapped her head his way giving him a glare. He tried to hide, but when he peeked again the girls were already gone. He sighed in frustration and headed to class.

"Okay class! It's time to present your composed pieces today." The music teacher came in the class walking briskly.

"I hope you took this project seriously, because I sure will fail you." he said smirking.

The whole class groaned in agitation. Excluding one who was staring out the window and isolating everyone out of her own dreamland.

"Oh hush... Okay. Kyungsoo. You're up first!" the music teacher said. He went up and plugged his ipod to the speakers... Kyungsoo scanned the room and saw who he was looking for.

*I hope you at least listen Soyoon~ah...*he absentmindedly thought and faced the other students. Her head snapped towards the front... then a melodic tune filled her ears.

Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal (Don't wait anymore please)
Nae simjangeul geodueoga (Take my heart instead)
Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha (Yes, it is good as it is sharp)
Dalbitjochado nuneul gameun bam (Even the moon closed it's eyes this night)
Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon (If I were a dfferent man)
Huigeuk anui han gujeorieotdeoramyeon (And if I had a passage in a comedy)
Neoui geu saramgwa bakkun sangcheo modu taewobeoryeo
(I would set fire to all the changed wounds that you and he made)

Baby don't cry, tonight
Eodumi geochigo namyeon
(After the darkness has lifted)
Baby don't cry, tonight
Eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
(It'll be like nothing ever happened)

Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun niga aniya (You will never become a bubble)
Kkeutnae molla ya hae deon (In the end you don't have to know)
So baby son't cry, cry
Nae sarangi neol jikilteni
(For my love will protect you)

The music faded and everyone was silent. But not a moment later everybody cheered and hollered.

The girls squeeled in delight, a little too loudly. But the only thing that caught Kyungsoo's eyes was the girl in the back of the class that was crying her eyes out.

He grew uneasy, *Did she not like it?*.

"Your love will protect me my ... you caused this." she whispered wiping her tears away. She got up and headed for the door.

"Where are you going Ms. Chae?" the teacher asked.

"Home." she looked back and glared. "And nobody stop me." and she left.

Kyungsoo was confused. When the door slammed he got back to his senses and ran after her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sobs could be heard echoing in the empty hallways. Soyoon hurriedly paced through them and headed for her car, only to be halted by a voice.

"SOYOON!" she froze. Looking back at Kyungsoo she grew confused.

"Didn't I tell you not to stop me?" she asked wiping her tears away, her tone was cold.

"You didn't tell me not to run after you. By all means, you can leave. I could care less..." his words struck her like a bunch of daggers. It hurt. Tears were trying to pool in her eyes again.

She was about to walk away, "But..." he started again and she stopped.

"But what?" she asked getting annoyed.

"But, you need to tell me why you girls have been avoiding us... Why you've been avoiding me." he asked pleadingly.

She rolled her eyes. "I've been avoiding everybody." she answered.

He laughed dryly, "And why is that?"

"Just some problems goin-- WAIT... why do I have to explain to you? It's not like you would care anyways." she shot him a glare.

"And I've been avoiding you for the past three years. It wasn't a problem then, why is it now?" she asked him.

He looked away awkwardly, "W-Well, It's just t-that. People are getting affected and hurt by it. Y-You know, not just us, Hyuna isn't even hersel-"

"OH... So that's it! Hyuna! Your sorry excuse for a one night stand!" Soyoon's voice rose. Kyungsoo's face was etched with utter confusion.

Soyoon backed away from him. "I bet you don't even care about us. You just want to pacify that turned demented 'girlfriend' of yours." she smiled bitterly, shaking her head in disbelief and sped off to her car.

*I should've known... Hyuna... always have and always will.* she thought tears running down her cheeks. He ran after her.

They ended up outside in the parking lot.

"Wait.. Hold up... Why am I suddenly the bad guy here. I was just worried about Hyuna's state of mi-"

"Exactly. HYUNA... not anybody else. It's always Hyuna! It was Hyuna three years ago and it's still her now." Soyoon was crying uncontrollably now. She didn't care about pride. She was hurt. Her heart was in pain... She couldn't just mask it anymore.

Her sobs filled his ears and all he wanted to do was pull her into a tight hug and never let her go. But he couldn't. A coward. That's what he was. Making Soyoon cry was the last thing he wanted to do.

"S-Soyoon... I-I do-"

"Why can't it be m-me? Why c-can't you atleast just worry about me this t-time?" she cried pleadingly.

He was frozen. He didn't answer her. All she got was silence.

Her hopeful eyes slowly casted down in hurt and disbelief. She wiped away her tears and laughed bitterly.

Her laughs snapped him out of his daze. "It's okay... you don't have to say anything anymore. I get it. Your actions speak louder than words." she wiped the rest of the tears that were on her cheeks but was of no use, because it was replaced by new ones right after.

Smiling she straightened herself out and cleared . "I just wished you tried to defend me or at least stop me from leaving that night... I would've been fine with you rejecting me from liking you but loosing you as a friend hurt me more t-than you could ever i-imagine." she said in between her tears.

Unknowingly... tears started streaming down his face also.

"I m-missed you DoDo." she whispered, but he heard it loud and clear.

She left him in the middle of the parking lot and headed to her car.

"Soyoon wait..." he finally said. She halted in her tracks and abruptly looked back.

"I didn't me-"

"No, stop... Please... I beg of you. I can't take anymore... Wasn't that enough heartaches for one day? Or do you hate me this much, to watch me suffer?" he frowned.

"I had a good reason why I did what I did. I never wanted to hurt you Soyoon. Let me explain." he pleaded.

She chuckled, "If you had a good reason... I'm sure it wouldn't have taken you three years to try and fix it... right?" He looked away in embarassment.

She didn't wait for him to answer and ran to her car. She got in and quickly sped off.

Kyungsoo was rooted to his spot. Confused, guilty, hurt and felt stupid.

*She was right... Three years... How could I have been so cowardly to not even try to fix this?* he ruffled his hair in agitation.

"UGHHHHH!!!!"