I6. Control

The Path

"Psst...Hyung!" Baekhyun heard somebody whispering behind him. He let it pass since he was pretty sure, he wasn't the only 'hyung' in this class.

"Pssst!!! Bacon hyung!" this time he heard it louder and the mention of his 'name' confirmed that it was actually him. He looked back abruptly and glared at the source.

"WHAT!?" he hissed.

Kyungsoo's eyes were wider than saucers. "Okay... calm down.. sheesh..!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "What do you want?" he whispered.

The bell for third period was about to ring and Baekhyun didn't want to get in trouble with the music professor. Though he wasn't the only one worried.

Kyungsoo was wondering where Soyoon was, she was never late, especially to music class. "Did you see the girls in the cafeteria today?" he asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

"BRIIIINNNNGGGG!!!" the bell cut their conversation off and Kyungsoo slumped back down on his chair sighing. *Where is she?*

Baekhyun looked back at his distressed friend who was massaging his head in frustration.

*This kid...* he ripped a peice of paper, scribbling something on it, and crumpled it up into a ball.

He looked back to the front of the class trying to see if the professor was looking at them or not. Once he saw that the professor was pre-occupied, he quickly threw the paper ball at Kyungsoo.

Startled, the other squeeked a little too loudly, earning looks from the other students and the professor. Baekhyun shook his head in shame.

"Do Kyungsoo, is everything alright?" the professor asked. Kyungsoo shifted in his seat uncomfortably and gave him a thumbs up paired with a goofy smile.

The professor rolled his eyes and went back to his lecture. Kyungsoo set his eyes on the crumpled paper on the floor and picked up.

He opened it and it read 'If you're really worried, go and look for her.' He looked up at Baekhyun and the latter gave him a warm smile before shifting his attention back to the professor.

Kyungsoo quickly crumpled the paper back into a ball and shoved it in his pocket.

"Uh Uhmm... Professor Jung! May I go to the restroom?" he said cutting the professor off his lecture and when he earned a nod from the old man.

He dashed out of the room quickly. Once he was out, the professor chuckled, "If he had to go that bad, he could've just said so."

Baekhyun chuckled lightly, "He might take a little longer. He's been farting back here the whole time." the class erupted in laughter. The professor also joined in.

"Ara ara... hush down and let's start with music theory." The professor said. Baekhyun smirked, *You better hurry up D.O.!*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Big mistake..."

Soyoon's eyes were boring holes into Hyuna. She didn't know what has come over her but the feeling of having power over someone felt good.

"Remember last time you messed with me..." a smirk played on her lips yet her eyes showed that of anger.

Hyuna, although fear was creeping up on her, fixed her composure and tried to talk back. "Y-Yeah! You ended up leaving the country and I took your so called 'bestfriend'!!!" Hyuna laughed heartily.

Soyoon's smirk quickly left and again her face was graced with her usual cold glare, "Was it that funny?" her tone was dark and ominous.

Hyuna stopped laughing and looked up at her. Soyoon took a step towards her which caused Hyuna to step back in fear.

"Tell me... was it that funny?" Every step Soyoon took, the ground shook.

She stopped midway, "TELL ME!!!!" her voice boomed through the walls of the hallway.

The floor started shaking uncontrollably. Hyuna lost her balance and fell to the ground.

Soyoon had her fists clenched tightly, but the yellow flame that was emmitting from her hands were hard to miss.

"KYAHHHHH!!!!! Help!!!" Hyuna screamed. Soyoon didn't care. The building had cracks on the ceiling and the walls, she was practically demolishing half of her school with her anger.

"Who's pathetic now!!!!?? YOU DISGRACEFUL !!" she yelled through all the debris that was falling and not to mention the wall posts that were about to fall on them.

She didn't even know if Hyuna heard her. She was angry, stressed, frustrated and confused. She had been wanting to let it out. She felt her tears roll down her cheeks.

She tried wiping it off, yet when one tear was gone another one fell. Frantically wiping her tears, she fell to the floor crying...

"Who's pathetic now?" she whispered. The ground was still shaking uncontrollably.

"SOYOON!!!" she heard a familiar voice and looked back. When she saw who it was, her heart clenched in pain and happiness.

"Kyungsoo..." she whispered. She forgot the fact that her hands were still emmitting yellow flames. He ran to her, dodging the falling debris.

Once he got to her he kneeled down and held her hand tightly. And at that moment when their hands touched a bright light illuminated from their hands.

The ground stopped shaking abruptly. Hyuna took this chance and ran away from the horrifying scene. Soyoon was confused and so was Kyungsoo.

*What just happened?* he asked in his head. Soyoon heard it and was thinking the same thing.

She felt weak, yet tried to cope.

"They are connected to the elements and so, they are also connected to you." Kyungsoo remembered what Jinho told them.

He looked down to their intertwined hands, "Connected...?" he whispered.

Then... his eyes quickly went wide in realization.

"The chosen one, that can't be!" he exclaimed.

Her eyes were half-lidded by now and what he said didn't even process in her mind.

She looked down at their hands and smiled, his hands felt warm, then after that, everything went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oppa!!! Happy 16th Birthday!!!!" Soyoon exclaimed running into Kyungsoo's bedroom. He was still in bed asleep.

She hurriedly rushed towards him and got on his bed jumping up and down.

"Dodo!! Wake up! Dodo! Dod-ahhh!!!" she was pulled down into a tight hug by Kyungsoo.

"Yah... oppa! Let me go!" she struggled out of his grasp.

"Nuh Uh.. you disturbed my sleep." he said and a mischeivious grin was plastered on his face.

"Yah... yah... Dodo... you better not be thinking what I think you're thinking!" she warned and his grin just grew wider. He nodded, much to her dismay.

Her eyes widened and she wiggled out of his grasp again. "Let me go! Let me go-KYAAAHHHHH!!!!!" she yelled and laughed at the same time.

He was tickling her to no end. His tickle attacks would last until she was out of breath.

"Kyungsoo-AHHHH!!! HAJIMA-HAHAHAHA!!" she was fighting back trying to pry his hands off of her waist but they ended up falling on the floor.

He stopped tickling her and she was trying to catch her breath.

Once she calmed down a bit, she felt something off... her eyesight. Her glasses fell off.

She was patting the ground to find her glasses but felt someone hold her hands still and she looked up. Her glasses were gently put back on her.

She blinked and tried focusing her eyes again and was graced by the smiling face of her best friend. She was momentarily stunned.

Looking pass him, she saw her reflection in the mirror. Disappointment etched in her being.

Nerd glasses, braces, short hair, unfashionable... those were the things that hindered her from confessing her undying crush for Kyungsoo.

They've been best friends since they were five and she's been having a crush on him for eight years.

She noticed that the girls in their school have been flirting around with him and she doesn't like it one bit.

Jealousy was a seed that she would not want to sow. But who would blame him though.

He was one of the school's well known kingka's and she was the school's ugly duckling. It surprised her that he's still friends with her for this long.

She was planning on confessing to him at his party. She's waited too long and tonight, she won't hesitate to let him know her feelings.

Kyungsoo noticed her sudden gloomy expression and nudged her. "Soso... you alright?" she snapped out of her thoughts, when she heard the nickname he gave to her.

She quickly flashed him a smile and he ruffled her hair. "AH! STOP! You're messing my hair up." he stood up and went to his bathroom.

"Hurry up!!! Your mom said that your party starts in two hours." she exclaimed.

"Oh yeah! She said that some of the people in school were invited." he exclaimed excitedly. *OH great... * she thought.

*******Three hours later*******

Almost everyone Kyungsoo knew from school came...

Even the school tramp. Hyuna.

Soyoon has heard about rumors going around that Hyuna had a thing for Kyungsoo, but she knew that he would never like her.

Hyuna wasn't his type. At least that was what he said.

Soyoon was walking around the house looking for a spot to sit down. The house was getting a little crowded.

She was trying to find Kyungsoo but he was nowhere to be found. So, she went to his room instead to lay low for a while.

She went up the stairs and down the hallway where his room was. When she was by his door, she noticed that it was cracked open.

She heard faint whispers coming from his room.

"Why are you still hanging out with her anyways? She's such a loser!" she heard a girls voice which, sounded like Hyuna.

"Don't talk about her like that! She's my friend." she knew that voice all too well too, it was Kyungsoo's.

She was about to barge into the room, but stopped when she heard what Hyuna said next. "Do you like Soyoon or something?"

Silence filled the room.

Soyoon was outside curiously listening in to the conversation. Half nervous and half anxious.

"No.. I don't..." she heard him say.

Her heart dropped. 

*He doesn't like me.* she clutched her chest. She could feel her heart breaking.  Hyuna's laughter peirced in her ears.

"HAHAHA! I knew it! That ugly loser! I bet you only hang out with her, because you feel sorry for her!" Soyoon's eyes widened at what she said. She quickly left and went downstairs.

Her eyes were b with tears. One heartbreak was enough for one night. If she found out that her friendship with her bestfriend was all a lie, she would not know what to do.

She was heading out of the house when she felt an arm pull her back. She looked up and saw Kyungsoo's mom smile at her. She quickly drew back her tears and smiled lightly.

"Soyoon dear. Would you be an angel and go get Kyungsoo. It's time to take out the cake." Soyoon was about to say no but his mom just left without letting her answer. *Great...*

She begrudginly walked back upstairs trying to hold back unwanted tears that were threatening to come out. She didn't even notice that she was already outside his door.

She forgot that it was already slightly cracked. and when her hand touched the door, it slowly opened. What she saw just broke her heart again, or whatever that's left of it.

Her eyes were now flooded with tears. Hyuna and Kyungsoo were kissing.

"W-What's going on h-here?" Soyoon croaked out.

Hyun pulled away and looked at her. She smirked. "I don't know... ask your best friend."

Soyoon's eyes shifted towards him. He couldn't look up at her.

"It's none of your business." his tone was cold. This didn't seem like him at all.

"W-What.."

" I said it's none of your business!" he said firmly this time.

Hyuna smiled triumphantly, "You heard him. Get out!!!" The tears in Soyoon's eyes wouldn't stop flowing. She tried to look at Kyungsoo and see if he would say anything, but he wouldn't even look at her.

Is this even possible. Having her heart broken once was enough, but two times?

...it was just torture.

Soyoon, ran out of the room as quickly as she could and out of the house. She heard Kyungsoo's mom call her name, but she ignored it.

She looked back at his house and to the window of his room...

*Our friendship... was it all a lie?*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soyoon woke up with tears in her eyes. Blinded by the light, she looked away and all she saw was white, everything was white, white ceiling, white walls...

Realizing that she was in a hospital, she looked to her side and saw Kyungsoo sleeping on her bedside. She shifted which caused him to wake up.

"Oh... you're up!" he smiled warmly. When she saw that, all the memories from the past just came flooding back to her. Her eyes were quickly getting wet.

She looked away. "I'm leaving." she said.

He quickly sat up and grabbed her arm, "You can't, they said that you needed to rest and that you're stressed out. And the girls are on their way."

Soyoon looked down at his hand that was holding her arm.

"Let go of me." her tone was as cold as ice. He quickly retracted his hand and awkwardly stood there.

Soyoon swung her legs off the bed and was about to get out of the room when he stopped her, "A-About what happened, at school." he started.

"What about it?" He looked up at her in disbelief.

"What do you mean 'what about it'... T-There was an earthquake Soyoon, and your hands... your hands were glowi-" 

"Just forget about it..." she said firmly. And at that moment he forgot everything that happened.

He stood there frozen. She walked out of the room.

Once she was out she looked back and her eyes were drenched with tears again.

She sobbed and whispered, "Just forget about it...

"...It's none of your business."