06. Where to go?

The Path

 "Kyaaahhhhhhh!!!! Eunbi~ah!!!! You and Baekhyun are living under the same roof." Eunbi was about to go deaf from the three lunatics that were prancing around in Jieun's room yelling . They've been on Eunbi's case for the past ten minutes and it was already giving her a migraine.

"I'll give you guys three seconds. If you don't settle down. Somebody's gonna get hurt." she threatened.

"One..." she started.

"Eunbi and Baekhyun sitting in a tree..."

"Two..." she said firmly this time. Soyoon and Dayoung hushed up.

" K.I.S.S.I.-OWWWWWW!!! YAH!!" Jieun was cupping her forehead that was hit by an alarm clock.

"What happened to three?" Jieun whined and Eunbi raised her arms up in defense, "That wasn't me." Jieun glared at Soyoon and she just shook her head. She stared at Dayoung in disbelief, "Dayoung!!! You.. of all people... WHYYY?" she whined still cupping here now swollen skull.

            "It was getting kind of annoying, and she was going to throw a lamp at you!!! You better be happy I used something smaller." Jieun could only gawk at her.

"A PILLOW would've been good ENOU-OOOFF." she hushed up when a pillow hit her face and quietly sat down. Eunbi and Dayoung were rolling around on the bed in laughter. "You happy now?" Soyoon asked raising a brow. "Whatever..." Jieun muttered and was still in pain.

            "I'll be back...I need to get some ice..." she muttered standing up and heading for the door. "Oh! Can you bring some Chinese food up here too? I'm starving!" Eunbi inquired sitting up on the bed. "Yeah, yeah..." Jieun said waving them off and left. *They gave me a bruise on my head and they expect me to serve them!!!!???? They really want to get poisoned don't they.* She thought while heading to the kitchen. The boys looked up once they saw her come down the stairs.

            "Jieun~ah, the food's on the table. Warm it up before you eat." Kai yelled from the living room. "Okay!" she walked into the kitchen with her head hung low trying to hide her forehead. Kai noticed it and got up to check on her. He saw her holding up some ice on her head while preparing a plate for the girls. "Are you okay?" he asked walking up to her. She got startled and dropped the ice on the floor. He gasped at the huge purple bruise that was on her forehead.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" he asked wide eyed. She looked down and tried to hide it again with her bangs, but he held up her chin to face him. She blushed at the contact and couldn’t look at him.

            He was inspecting the bruise and she could only stiffen at how close he was to her. *Push him away!!!* She thought yet she still stood there frozen.

"There's not much you could do with it but put ice on it..... Is your head hurting?" he asked worriedly. She shook her head glancing at him but quickly looked away. Then.. she felt something soft and warm on her forehead.

            Kai kissed her forehead lightly and pulled away, "It's not much, but I hope that'll make it feel better." He smiled at her warmly and scratched the back of his neck looking away. *HE KISSED MY FOREHEAD!!!!!* Jieun was staring at the floor and was as red as a tomato. *Kai!!! What did you just do???* he was quietly standing there trying to think of an idea to ease up the awkward atmosphere.

            "Kai where did you put the hot sau-....did I interrupt something." Xiumin asked raising a brow and started grinning widely. Kai rolled his eyes *Here it comes....* "Ooooohhhhhhh!!!! Kai and Jieun were doing something naughty!!!! Oooooohh-" Xuimin hollered but was quickly muffed by Jieun.

"Do you want to die." Jieun whispered threateningly. The other guys ran into the kitchen hearing the commotion.

"What happened?" Baekhyun asked. Xiumin wiggled out of her grasp and ran behind Kris.

            "I don't know what happened, but from the looks of it, Jieun and Kai were making out before I came in and I guess he was bad at it since Jieun ended up having a bruise on her forehead, so now she's mad and is trying to kill people... If anything happens it was all KAI'S FAULT." He whined and pointed accusingly at Kai. Jieun was as red as a tomato and couldn't even look up anymore. *Xiumin you're dead!!!!!* Kai was glaring at Xiumin like he was about to just slap his teeth out of him.

            The other guys tried holding in their laughter but Sehun failed to do so and burst out laughing like a maniac and the other guys followed suite as well. Jieun picked up her ice from the floor and grabbed the plate of food heading upstairs. She couldn't even imagine how bad she wanted to choke Xiumin right now!!! She was so embarrassed.

            Back at the kitchen Kai had Xiumin in a headlock and was being pried off by the other guys before he could do any serious damage. When they successfully calmed the raging Kai down, he eventually told them what actually happened, except for the kissing part of course and they just shivered in fear at the thought of what the girls were doing up there that led to Jieun having a nasty bruise.

-

            Jieun went into her room and started fanning her face trying to calm down. *That Xiumin is going to get it!!!!..... and Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe he kissed me....!!!!* The other girls stared at her in wonder and was about to ask what happened but was quickly shot down, "Don't ask!!!" Jieun told them and handed the plate to Eunbi. They just shrugged it off and quickly dug into the Chinese food.

"EWWWWW!!!!" all three of them whined.

"It's coldddddd!" Soyoon complained.

"You better be happy that I didn't poison it instead!" She shot her a look and Soyoon just brushed it off.

"Hmph... I wasn't that hungry anyways." She put the fork down.

            "Okay let’s just hurry up and plan this trip so we can leave. I have homework to do." Eunbi stated and set the plate down on the bedside table. The other three nodded and got on the bed.

"So... where do we go this year?" Dayoung asked.

"A resort?!" Soyoon suggested.

"We went there last year!!" Jieun shot her idea down.

"Camping!???" Eunbi suggested. Everybody was quiet for a moment. Then Soyoon suddenly frowned.

"But there's bugs everywhere!! EWWW!!" Dayoung rolled her eyes and looked at Eunbi.

"That's actually not a bad idea! We need the fresh air." Jieun nodded in agreement, "And we could do it next week. The teachers are having their seminar and we have three extra days off."

Soyoon sighed, "My dad bought me new camping gear not too long ago anyways..." They only shook their heads at their maknae.

"Well okay then! Now that that's settled! Let's go downstairs!"

"NOOO!!!" Eunbi and Jieun yelled at the same time. Soyoon and Dayoung stared at them wide eyed and they sat back down in embarrassment.

"C-Can we just stay here for a little while?" Eunbi stuttered.

 "Yeah!!!.... What she said" Jieun backed her up.

"Eunbi... from what I recall you were the one that was hungry out of the four of us." Soyoon looked at Eunbi accusingly.

"And you..." Dayoung shot Jieun a look raising a brow,"... since when have you been against hanging out with the guys... by all means you already are one.... unless..." Dayoung was grinning from ear to ear. Jieun shrunk like a little ant at their menacing stares.

"Lee Jieun!!! What happened downstairs~~~~?" Eunbi sang teasingly.

"By the looks of it girls.... Kai finally tamed her for once....." Soyoon assumed and Jieun was blushing so hard that the girls just couldn't keep it in anymore. "KYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! LEE JIEUN!!!!" they all screamed.

"What did he do!!!!?"

"Did he hold your hand? Did he kiss you!!!!? What did he do??" Eunbi asked all worked up. Jieun could only look down and blush harder at Eunbi's second guess. The girls noticed it and that was all they needed to know.

"Lee Jieun finally had her first kiss!!!!!" Soyoon yelled at the top of her lungs jumping up the bed, but was quickly yanked down and muffed.

"Sshhhhhh!....It wasn't even like that..." The girls settled down and quietly listened, but was still smiling like idiots. Jieun sighed and explained, " He saw me in the kitchen while I was fixing some food and I was holding up some ice on my forehead.... he startled me and I dropped the ice so he saw the bruise..." Jieun shot Dayoung a glare but she just motioned for her to go on.

".... uhm then he started inspecting it and thenhesuddenlykissedmyforehead." she said quickly but the girls were giggling and snickering like a bunch of little girls. Jieun could only roll their eyes and then heard a knock on her door. Jieun and Eunbi stiffened.

 "I brought y’all some food...." They heard Kai's voice say and Eunbi sighed in relief that it wasn't Baekhyun. Dayoung and Soyoon snickered running to the door opening it. They shared knowing glances and smirked mischievously.

            Kai was yanked in the room by Dayoung taking the plate of food away from him and was forced to sit next to Jieun. Soyoon pulled Eunbi out of the room laughing.

"I've never been so happy that I hurt somebody in my whole life." Dayoung said referring to Jieun's bruise and shut the door hi-fiving Soyoon."

NOW TALK!!!!" All three of them yelled and headed downstairs.

-

            "So... Uhhhhh...H-How's the bruise?" Kai started awkwardly. Jieun was sitting on the bed right next to him. She glanced at him and started blushing.

"I-It's fine n-now." He smiled at her response.

"I told you it would feel better." He smirked at her. She had flashbacks of what happened earlier and blushed even harder.

*Jieun please..... get yourself together!!! He's gonna think you actually like him...*

He leaned in closer to her and her eyes shut in nervousness. *Is he gonna kiss me again.. yes... I mean noooooo.*

            She was closing her eyes waiting for something to happen but heard a chuckle instead. Opening her eyes she saw him smirking down at her.

"Do you really want me to kiss you that bad?" he said smugly. All the girly feelings that Jieun had just now, left and in came rage.

"Yah! Kim Jongin, if you think that I actually want to kiss those scaly lips of yours! Dream o-" She was cut off by him putting on the ice she had a while ago on her forehead. "I can do it myself." she said and was going to grab it from him but he just pulled it away.

"I wanna do it myself. And you better not argue with me."

She slumped down on the bed and pouted like a little child that just got scolded. He chuckled at her. She shot him a glare and snarled, "What are you laughing at?". "Nothing..." he said but still kept on chuckling.

"WHAT!!!?" she yelled this time. He sat there unfazed of her anger.

"I like it when you pout. You look cute." He said and she could feel butterflies in her tummy.

            *Yah! Lee Jieun!!!.... get a hold of yourself!!! It's only Kai!* She thought and stared up at him. He was staring intently at her bruise and was pressing the ice down on it.

 "Owww." she whined.

"Oops, sorry." he said giving her a heart stopping smile and she just realized, *Has he been always this..... hot?!!!.... Stop... stop thinking that!!!*

Yet she couldn't stop gazing at him. He noticed it and glanced down at her. She didn't look away and they were caught in a trance. *He's so cute.* she thought.

            They were so close to each other that if they listened well enough they would be able to hear each other’s heart beat.

"Jieun~ah" he said leaning in and holding her chin up. *Is he really going to kiss me?* she shut her eyes in expectation but was met with nothing. She slowly fluttered her eyes open and he was staring at her with sad eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked and he let go of her heading for the door.

"Kai...." she whispered his name and he stopped. He faked a smile and faced her.

"Take care of that bruise on your forehead. I'll be downstairs." He said and walked out the door.

*Did I do something wrong...?* she thought and for some reason, felt sad about him not kissing her. "Whats wrong with you Jieun... Kai was just pulling your leg... don't fall for his tricks!" She chuckled to herself. Yet, she felt....... empty.

            Outside her bedroom. Kai was leaning on her door and was feeling the same way she was. *I want you to like me for me and not just in the spur of the moment Jieun.   I want to kiss you but I want it when the feeling is mutual, I want it to be special for the both of us.* He sighed and headed downstairs. Looking back to her door, his lips curved into a smile.

*I WILL make you mine Lee Jieun, and next time, I won't hold back!* he chuckled and left.