2O. Explanations

The Path


Chanyeol woke up a few minutes ago and saw the living room still covered in snow. The guys were having a snowball fight and the girl's were hovering above him. He was so confused.

He thought perhaps he it his head a little too hard at first, but was then informed of all that happened while he was passed out. And once he let the news sink in, he could not be happier.

He started prancing around in the living room (now back to it's original state), yelling and calling up the other guys to come over.

When the other guys arrived they were trying to help settle him down, but couldn't do so.

Soyoon had to finally step in, "YAH! Park Chanyeol! SHUT UP!" she ordered and not a second later his voice felt like it was stuck in his throat.

The boys were impressed, "Dang Soyoon... He never listens to us." Kai said and the others nodded in agreement.

"I don't think he even listens to his own mom sometimes." Chen added. Chanyeol scowled at him but quickly nodded in agreement.

"That's true." he tried to say but nothing came out. He tried again. Nothing.

He went ballistic and started pointing at his throat. "Ch-Chanyeol...What's wrong?" the guys scurried over to him in panic.

"Did God finally get tired of your annoying voice and took it away?" Xiumin asked seriously, believe it or not. The girls laughter filled their ears.

They looked back and saw them rolling on the couch laughing. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, "This isn't funny." he said.

Dayoung straightened up and tried to explain, "We forgot to tell you something..." she started.

"WHAT!!!?" Chanyeol mouthed anxiously.

"...we're half bloods." Eunbi walked in and finished for her. The guys were frozen solid.

Baekhyun came in after Eunbi. "What about half bloods?" he asked.

"H-Hyung, the girls are h-half bloods." Sehun stuttered. "How is that possible?" Baekhyun asked confused eyeing the girls.

Soyoon sighed, "Let's sit down first... You guys are giving me a headache." she said.

Once the guys were settled down, Eunbi started first.

"The girls and I were turned in the forest of the guardians. Thus why we possess the same powers as you." the guys nodded in understanding.

"But," Dayoung interjected. "... Somehow... during the changing process, we also garnered other powers..."

"Unfortunatley..." Jieun muttered. The guys were all silent.

The girls eyed them. "I know you guys have questions. I can read all your minds." Soyoon said.

The guys looked up at them. "W-What do you mean you can rea-"

"Soyoon's half vampire, minus the fangs. She can control and read people's minds." Dayoung answered. Some of the guys gasped in fear and inched away.

The others just rolled their eyes. "What about you guys?" Kris asked looking at the other girls.

"Eunbi's half oracle. She gets visions of the past and the future, especially when she touches certain objects and she can conjour up illusions too." Soyoon said.

*So that's why she knew about me... she touched my ring.* Baekhyun thought and looked at Eunbi.

"Dayoung is half fairy. She shields people from using their powers. And Jieun..." Soyoon eyed the other girls.

*Unni's... You know they're gonna panic.* she let the girls hear her thoughts.

Eunbi nodded, *I'll explain it.* she looked at the guys and sighed.

"You guys need to promise you won't panic." she started. The guys looked at her in confusion.

"Why?" Kai asked and looked at Jieun who was fidgeting in her seat.

"Jieun's half.... demon." Eunbi whispered but it was enough for the guys to get up from their seats and scoot away from them.

Even Baekhyun was at least a little petrified. "Don't worry. She's not one of the bad ones, because if she was. You guys wouldn't have been alive right now." Dayoung assured them.

Kris, Luhan, Suho and Baekhyun went back to their seats, while the other guys stayed standing, still a little unsure of this whole 'Jieun-being-a-demon' thing.

"So you each possess all our powers?" Tao asked.

The girls shook their heads, "No... I have fire and telekenisis. Jieun has water, frost and teleportation. Soyoon has wind, earth and healing. Eunbi possesses light, time control and lightning." Dayoung explained.

"What about flight?" Kris asked.

"They can all fly." Sehun answered. Kris mouthed an 'Oh...'.

The girls all stood up, "Now that were done explaining ourselves. Why don't you try and explain you guys' situation. How did you become gaurdians?" Eunbi asked.

Suho cleared his throat, "Fair enough..." He eyed the guys, and started, "We were chosen by fate. We were born and was taken away from our parents right away."

Jieun gasped. "B-But... Your parents?"

"Fosters." Chen answered.

The girls were quiet. "The elders took care of us. They're the descendants of the high council in our world... Well, it's your world now too." Sehun said and smiled at the girls.

They smiled back bitterly, "Was it hard?" Soyoon asked softly. Thoughts of her endangering innocent peoples lives came flooding in. Tears welled up in her eyes.

The guys panicked, "N-No... Well... All of us had a fair share of screw ups ... I even almost burned the house down." Chanyeol said quickly trying to make her feel better.

"Y-Yeah Soyoon... Not all of us could control our powers right when we got it... it took us years. Baekhyun hyung had to even move away because his powers made him too weak and he got deathly sick." Sehun piped in.

Eunbi's head shot up. *Baekhyun... Wait... what?* she grew confused and looked at him. He avoided her gaze.

Jieun laughed bitterly, "We've known you guys for so long and yet... it feels like we don't know anything about you at all." 

The guys looked at them sorrily. "But how did you guys learn how to control it?" Lay asked.

The girls snapped out of their thoughts and smiled, "We had someone take care of us. She's half guardian and half witch..." The guys ears perked.

"Who?" They asked confused.

"Her name is Ara. She lives in the forest." They nodded their heads in understanding.

"Do you guys know her?" Eunbi asked. They shook their heads, "No... but we've heard about the stories of a forest nomad before." Kai added.

The girls smiled faintly, "I don't know what we would've done if she didn't find us..." Jieun muttered. The guys smiled at them

  "So... Who's ready to partaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!" Xiumin exclaimed. The others looked at him weirdly.

He frowned, "What?! Aren't you guys happy that there's no more secrets to hide?" he asked matter of factly.

Jieun finally beamed, "PARTAAAYYY!!! XIUMIN'S PAYING FOR THE FOOD!!!"

"YEAAAHH- Wait... WHAT?!" Xiumin ran after Jieun blabbering nonsense. The others chuckled.

Some followed them to the kitchen, some wandered around the house and some just stayed in the living room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Hmmmm... Baekhyun.... Where are you?* Eunbi was looking for Baekhyun for the past five minutes already.

They've just finished eating and now they're just lounging around in the living room. Well... except for Baekhyun. Eunbi wanted to talk to him.

"Baekhyun... Bacon... Where are yo-"

"BOO"

"KYAH-"

Baekhyun jumped out of one of the curtains in the guest bedrooms and quickly muffed Eunbi to stop her from screaming.

He pulled her out on the patio and once she saw it was him, she stopped screaming and quickly elbowed him in his side.

"OOFFFF..."

"YAH! Byun Baekhyun! You sneaky little turd... You almost gave me a freaking heart atta-" she stopped her ranting when she saw him still crouching down in pain.

"A-Are you okay?" she sat right next to him.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean t-" he looked up and beamed at her.

"Gotcha!" he said and earned himself another round of hits and slaps.

"Woah... okay. okay.. Eunbi... Calm down! I was just kidding." he said and grabbed her arms before she could even hit him again. But unknown to him, she wasn't hitting him for that reason anymore.

She was pouring out all her frustrations. Her eyes filled with tears and her llips were quivering. His smile quickly faded and was replaced by concern.

"What's wron-"

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked. Her voice barely a whisper, but Baekhyun could hear it loud and clear.

"B-Baekhyun~ah... W-Why didn't you tell me?" she stuttered looking up at him. Her tear stained face sent a jolt of pain in his heart. Seeing her cry and being the reason of it was the last thing he would ever want. 

"Eunbi... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I coudn't... I couldn't tell you." he explained.

"A simple letter. A text. An email... nothing. You just left without saying anything and not even a word from you for n-nine years." her voice cracked.

He looked away. He couldn't take seeing her like this.

"Do you know h-how hard t-that was? Losing a best friend?" she asked him. The word best friend rung in his ear.

*Best friend? Is that all I'll ever be? A best friend* he thought. His eyes stung with tears.

"Eunbi~ah... I really didn't mean to." She wiped her tears away.

"Did you miss me?... At all?" her question hung in silence. No answer from him. Her eyes downcasted in defeat.

She gazed at the ground wiping her tears away. She turned around and was about to leave, when two strong arms enveloped her form behind.

"I missed you so much. So much that it hurt." he whispered and tightened his arms around her. A faint smile graced her tear stained face.

Baekhyun turned her around to face him. "I-I was rushed to the hospital here in Seoul the night before we left. I was too weak to even wake up. I slipped into a comma for at least two months. When I woke up, I was already in America." he explained.

Eunbi looked at him in worry. He let go of her. "It took me years to recover from my powers. I could control it, but it was eating up my energy. I was bed ridden for five years." Eunbi gasped in shock.

"B-Baekhyun... I-I didn't know.." she whispered.

He smiled, "Nobody knew... I didn't want them to. I wanted to come back without anybody feeling sorry for me. So, for the next four years, I made sure that I was strong enough to come back. I had physical therapy almost everyday just to recover faster." he said.

Eunbi's eyes were now red and puffy. "I'm sorry I left. I really didn't mean to." he said pleadingly. Eunbi beamed and lunged at him trapping him in a hug. All the pent up anger and hurt was gone.

"It's okay." she whispered. He beamed and started spinning her around. She pulled away from the hug and he put her down.

She glared at him, "But try that again... And see what happens." Her glower turned into a smile.

*Still as bipolar as ever.* he thought and shook his head.

Eunbi was beaming with happiness, until something cold fell on her forehead. She looked up and her eyes widened in shock.

"It's snowing?" Baekhyun chuckled. "Eunbi... Christmas is two weeks away..." he shook his head in disbelief.

"I guess, I got too caught up in shutting everyone out, that I also forgot to check the calendar." she chuckled awkwardly. He took a step closer to her and lifted her head up.

"You won't have to worry about that anymore." he was so close to her, she could feel herself blush.

She looked away awkwardly, "Hehe. I uhm... The others are probably w-wondering w-where we are. Let's go back in." she stuttered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Park Chanyeol! Sit your down!" Dayoung yelled.

"No!!!" he yelled back.

"You better listen to me before I-"

"Before you what?" Chanyeol challenged her. Her face fummed in anger. The others looked on in amusement.

"Soyoon, don't you think you should do something?" Sehun asked in a whisper.

She shook her head. "Nawww. I wanna see how this goes down." she smirked. Dayoung snapped her fingers and a flame immediately lit her fingers like a lighter.

He chuckled. "Like that's gonna scare me." He snapped his fingers too and looked at her smugly.

She chuckled, "Nice little magic show... Now what was I supposed to be afraid of?" she teased.

Chanyeol looked down at his fingers and no flame was found. He snapped them again. Nothing. He tried other techniques. Nothing.

Dayoung fell on the floor laughing like a crazy person. He quickly looked at the other boys for help, "Hyung!!!! She's using her weird sheild thingy." They all shook their heads and looked the other way.

Dayoung got up when she calmed down and glared at him. "That's what you get for messing with a fairy! Now sit your down, before I burn your eyebrows!" she yelled and he immediatley sat down pouting in anger.

"Hmph. So mean..." he muttered.

"YAHHH!!!! YEDURAH!!! It's snowing!!" Eunbi ran in the living room yelling with Baekhyun trailing closely behind her.

"Wahh... Jinja?" everyone chorused and looked out the window to confirm it. They saw the snow quickly piling up on top of their cars.

"Dang... I hope the roads won't be too icy to drive tonight." Kris murmured.

Jieun who was right beside him jumped up with glee. "You guys can sleep over! We have PLENTY of room!" she inquired.

The other girls froze. "W-Wait... What?" the girls all asked.

Jieun sighed, "Oh come on. You wouldn't want them to get into an accident. Right?" Jieun asked. She looked like a lost little puppy.

"I-I guess." Eunbi stuttered.

"Good... Now go on and figure out you guys' sleeping arrangement!" Jieun shooed them and went into the kitchen dragging Eunbi with her.

*Aigoo... This is gonna be a looooong night.* Dayoung thought.

"Tell me about it!" Soyoon answered.

Dayoung glared at her, "Maknae... What did I tell you about reading my thought-"

"Yeah yeah... You're gonna burn my eyebrows, and shield me from my powers forever... blah blah blah blah..." she mocked and followed the other girls in the kitchen.

"YAH! CHAE SOYOON!" Dayoung yelled and ran after her.