27. Identity Crisis

The Path

Slowly...

Cautiously...

Soyoon approached the mirror. When she was close enough, she reached her hand out towards it. *What's happening to me?* she asked herself. She couldn't see her own reflection.

Everyone in the room held their breaths. Just looking on at the scene.

Soyoon looked at her hands. They were pale white.

Gently she caressed her face. She was cold as ice. A tear fell from her eyes.

She looked back at her friends and eyed Eunbi. "Unni.... W-What color are my e-eyes?" she asked stuttering.

Eunbi felt her voice stuck in as tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn't answer.

Soyoon eyed Jieun, "Unni...?" she asked the other girl hoping for an answer.

Nothing. Jieun just cried. They couldn't tell her that her eyes were bloodshot red.

This time Soyoon eyed Dayoung, "Unni... Please~~ A-Answer m-me.." she pleaded sobbing.

"What color are my eyes?!!!" she yelled when a sharp prick on her lips stopped her.

Slowly, her eyes widened. She reached for her lips and what she felt made her world spin.

Fangs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's happening to her?" Dayoung asked. Eyeing Ara and the elders.

They didn't answer. Not because they were being difficult, but because of the fact that they didn't know what to say... at all.

They were as confused as the others. "Nothing like this has ever happened before." Taesung whispered.

"What do you mean nothing like this has ever happened? You're the elders!!! You were supposed to guide us! What are we going to do now?! Look at her?" Jieun was fumming with anger pointing towards the unconcious girl on the couch.

Eunbi who was right beside Soyoon, gently caressed the younger girls head. When a bright light flashed in her eyes.

She saw a bunch of kids playing around in a garden, but someone else caught her eye.

  A girl. She was playing and running around with the kids. She couldn't see the girl's face. Eunbi slowly approached them.

  Once she was close enough, one of the kids saw her and tapped the girl. Everyone stopped and all eyes were on her.

  The girl slowly turned around, "Oh! You're here!"

  Eunbi beamed. "Soyoon!!!" she yelled and lunged towards her. The kids quickly ran away laughing and played amongst themselves.

  "O-Ouch... Unni..." Soyoon said. Eunbi quickly pulled out of the hug and looked at her lovingly. Soyoon looked so pretty, though she still had bloodshot red eyes she looked more... I dunno... happy?

  "Hana unni... Are you okay? Who the hell is Soyoon?" she asked. Eunbi frowned.

  "Hana?" she asked her. Soyoon slowly nodded... "Uhhh yeah... Your name is Hana..." Soyoon looked at her like she was crazy.

  Eunbi looked on at her confused,"... And my name is not Soyoon... My name is Mina... remember?" Soyoon or Mina... whatever her name is laughed heartily.

Eunbi on the other hand was quiet... "H-Hana?" she asked herself.

  "Hana... M-Mina..." they sounded familiar.

  Soyoon... or rather Mina grabbed Eunbi's hair and flinged it in the air still laughing. To Eunbi's surprise it was silver. She grabbed it and quietly stared at it...

Eunbi gasped.

"MY DREAM!!!" she yelled.

"MY DREAM!!!" Eunbi fell off the couch. Everyone quickly ran to her to help her up.

"Noona are you alright?" Lay asked her.

Jieun gasped. They all snapped their heads towards her. "U-Unni.. y-your hair?" she stuttered.

Eunbi looked down and saw a strand of silver hair on her shoulder. Everyone in the room's eyes widened in shock.

She grabbed her bun and let it loose. More strands of silver hair came into view. For the nth time everyone in the room gasped.

"It started turning two weeks ago..." she started. "... I thought it was just stress from school, but it got worse." she said solemnly

"Why didn't you tell us?" Kai asked.

"We were about to go on vacation. I didn't want for anyone to worry." she explained.

"But you still should've told us." Baekhyun said looking down at her worriedly.

Eunbi shrugged and looked up at the elders, who were disturbingly staring at her.

Taesung slowly approached her and when he was close enough he touched a strand of her hair. "There was only one oracle ever to have silver hair." he whispered.

"W-Who?" Sehun asked.

"Princess H-"

"Princess Hana..." Eunbi cut Taesung off. The elder looked down at her in confusion.

"H-How did yo-"

"I saw her in my dream, and also in Soyoon's..." she implied.

"P-Princess Han- WAIT! You mean the princess from that story?" Baekhyun asked incrediously.

"What story?" Dayoung asked.

"The tale of the four princesses." Kris answered. "Mina, Hana, Misun and Naeun."

"What was so special about them?" Jieun asked.

"They were the rulers of the most powerful worlds..." Ara started. "Hana ruled Ofelia the world of the Oracles. Mina ruled Innes the land of the Immortals,  or rather the vampires..." She stopped and looked at Soyoon's sleeping form.

She sighed and continued, "... Misun ruled Herra. The realm of the Fairies. And Naeun... She ruled the Underworld.... Hell."

Jieun's eyes casted down in fear at what Ara said.

"What happened to them?" Dayoung asked.

"Their worlds were in famine and their people were dying." Jongsuk said.

"So one day, Hana was given a vision. And it was for the princesses in change for their people's well being." Taesung added.

"They tried looking for another solution, because they were the only living heirs left in their kingdoms. But time was ticking and the situation was just getting worse." Ara implied.

"In the end they had to be given to the Gods." Suho inquired.

"Okay... what does that have to do with us?" Dayoung asked again.

"They were sacrificed on the day of an eclipse." Kris inquired. Dayoung was still lost.

Eunbi sighed. "They were sacrificed at the same place we were turned Dayoung~ah."

Dayoung's eyes slowly widened in realization. "W-We were t- an-"

"Eclipse" Someone cut her off.

Everyone looked back and saw Soyoon sitting up on the couch.

Her appearance was back to normal now. No more pale face, and most importantly no more fangs.

"Are you feeling better?" Ara asked and approached her. Soyoon nodded.

She looked up and headed for the mirror.

She let out a huge sigh of relief. Her reflection was there.

She looked back at them, "Royalty... That's what we are... We have the princesses blood in us." she said nonchalantly.

To which Jieun flinched at.

"Lee Jieun... or better yet... The future ruler of the underworld."

Jieun remembered what the demon said. "Now everything makes sense." she whispered. But fear started enveloping her again.

"Am I going to turn evil?" she whispered but everyone heard her.

Jinho quickly approached her, "No no no my dear... Naeun was a peaceful ruler. She wasn't a demon, she had their powers but she was more likely only their princess."

"The princesses were the bestest of friends and when they ruled, the worlds were always harmonious. It was only after they were gone that the demons started rebelling since no one was there to tell them what was wrong or right." Jongsuk added.

The girls nodded their heads. "B-But... the girls have the Trystal birthmarks... Are they still half bloods?" Xiumin asked.

"What birthmarks?" Ara asked.

The girls quickly showed them. "W-What...?" Ara stuttered and glared at the girls.

"Why didn't anyone tell me about this?" she asked and the girls looked away avoiding her eyes.

Ara sighed, "Oh well... If it's there it's there..." she mumbled earning giggles from the girls.

The elders approached them. "Half bloods and royalty.." Jinho started.

"... You girls are the chosen ones indeed..." Taesung smiled warmly at them.

"You twelve need to keep a good eye on these girls..." Jongsuk eyed the boys to which they quickly nodded at.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks passed and Christmas vacation was over. Now they were back in school.

Those two weeks were probably the most emotional and physical whirlwind for the girls.

Currently, Eunbi and Soyoon were the only ones that were changing.

Eunbi's hair was turning silver faster by the day and her visions were getting more and more frequent.

Soyoon's powers were just getting stronger. Thank God she's not thirsting for blood. Or that would just take a toll on her emotional stress.

The girls were in the cafeteria waiting for their classes to start.

"I'm so tired..." Eunbi yawned. She was up all night doing a research paper for her AP History class.

"Tell me about it." Dayoung jumped the bandwagon.

The cafeteria doors opened and the guys came filing in. Soyoon looked up and groaned. "Uggghhhh... They're so loud..." The girls chuckled at her.

She was still getting used to the fact that she can also listen into people's conversation's now, even the most silent whispers.

The guys approached the table, Kai immediatley sat beside Jieun and kissed her cheeks.

The others just groaned. "Get a room!!" Soyoon and Eunbi hollered. To which Jieun and Kai smirked at.

They already told them about their relationship, much to Kai's well being. The girls went hysterical, especially Soyoon.

He had a loooooong talk with the girls about what they would do if he ever broke Jieun's heart. Let's just say that after that little chat, he was as pale as ever.

"Ah... Uhmmm. I have a question for you guys." Dayoung said eyeing them.

"What is it?" Kris asked.

"Uhhhh... Fairies from Herra have wings right? L-Like what the fairytales always say...?" she looked at them innocently. The girls chuckled.

"Y-Yeah..." Suho answered.

"Damn... Just my luck... How am I supposed to hide that?!" she panicked.

"Noona... I thought it was just going to be temporary anyways..." Tao said. Dayoung looked at him confused.

"Look, Soyoon doesn't have her fangs anymore." Xiumin said and looked at Soyoon who was right beside him.

*HISSSSSS*

Xiumin jumped out of his seat and ran behind the other guys. "Y-Yah... Chae Soyoon..." he stuttered pointing at Soyoon who had her fangs out.

The other guys looked shocked. Soyoon rolled her eyes and retracted her fangs.

"I've just been hiding them..." she said and the other girls snickered.

*BRRRIIIINNNNGGGGG* The bell rang.

Everyone filed out of the cafeteria and to their classrooms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Midsummer Night's Dream... Midsummer Night's Dream....Yohoo~~ Where are you~~" Dayoung was deep in the back of the library. Almost nobody else was in there.

"Ugghhh.. This stupid book... Where is it?" she said getting frustrated. She's been in the library for the past thirty minutes. Her free period was just getting wasted.

"This is getting on my ne-"

*BOOGSH*

Dayoung snapped her head towards the sound.

It sounded like a book fell. "Uhhh... Is anyone there?" she asked.

No one answered. But she could hear footsteps. "Is anyone there?" she asked again. Still no one answered.

She went on with her business and started scanning the shelves again.

"AH!!! Here it is!" she squeeled grabbing the book off the shelf. When she pulled the book out, a face from the other side scared her.

"KYAAAAH!!!!" she screamed and the book fell out of her hand.

Steadying herself, she snapped back at the person who was behind the book shelves.

"YAHH! Who are you-" she stopped when she found no one there. *I-I swear I saw someone just now.* she thought to herself.

She ran around the other side of the shelf. No on was there.

The hair on her arms were starting to stand. "I-Is anyone there?" she asked. All she heard was silence.

She scanned around the library and nobody was there. *Dayoung~ah... you're just tired... Stop scaring yourself.* she thought and hit her head chuckling.

"Dayoung your just scaring you-"

"BOO!"

"KYAAAH!!!" Dayoung screamed and quickly punched the person in the stomach.

"OOOFF" The person hunched down.

"KRIS!?" Dayoung looked at him flabbergasted. She quickly helped him up.

"I'm soooo sorry!! Oh my gosh are you okay?!!" she asked him to which he only chuckled to.

"I-I'm okay... No h-harm done. You knocked the wind out of me though." he said and tried to stand up straight.

"Eh... Why were you scaring me anyways?" she whined looking up at him.

"Well... I didn't think I was gonna scare you that bad." He reasoned. Dayoung looked up at him crazily.

"Not scare me that much?! You freaking almost gave me a heart attack. I mean, dropping books and such was fine but you just HAD to make me think I was seeing ghosts." She explained wrapping her arms around herself.

Kris looked at her confused, "What are you talking about? I just got here."

Dayoung grew stiff, "Y-You mean y-you weren't the one that was scaring m- UHHHHHHMMMMMPPPHHHH"

Dayoung fell on the ground, "What's wrong?" Kris asked kneeling down beside her.

"I-I don't know... M-My back... Something..." she muttered. Kris lookd at her worriedly.

"Does it hurt?? Do you want me to call the Jieun? I can ask her to teleport you back to your house..." he just kept on panicking.

"N-No... Oppa.... M-My back. Something's on my b-back." she pointed still kneeling on all fours on the floor.

Kris quickly looked, "Dayoung there's not-" Kris was cut off by something moving inside her shirt.

"D-Dayoung wha-"

"Rip it..." she whispered.

Kris' eyes grew big, "W-What?!!"

"OPPA!!! PALI!!!!" She yelled and not a moment later Kris ripped the back of her shirt open.

What he saw next left him speechless.

"Gosh, that feels better." Dayoung said and looked up at him.

"What?"

Kris snapped out of his trance, "Uhmmm... Are you sure you don't want me to call Jieun?"

Dayoung looked at him confused, "Why? I'm feeling a lot better. And we need to leave anyways. Free periods about to be over. I also need to go to my locker to get a new shi-"

"Dayoung." He cut her off. She looked up, "What?"

"I think your wings might be a little too eye catching." he said nonchalantly.

"MY WHAT?!!" she abruptly looked back and her eyes widened.

She groaned, "WELL !"