25. X-Mas Vacation III

The Path

"Brrrrr..." Soyoon was shivering. "Come on. You're going to get a cold." he said earning a whine from Soyoon. 

"Nooooo..." Though she hesitated, Sehun still got her to go back inside. Stepping in, the music enveloped them. They headed up stairs to the V.I.P room.

"Hey guys. Where have you been?" Dayoung asked.

"Just outside. Needed some fresh air." Soyoon flopped on the lounge chair next to Dayoung. "Ughhh... I feel so drained." Soyoon complained. "What's wrong?" Suho asked.

"Too many thoughts... I've been trying to block them, but some are just too loud." Dayoung was about to grab her hand and sheild her powers,

*Soyoon... anyone... HELP ME!!!* Soyoon smacked Dayoung's hand away and got up.

  "Unni!!! Jieun's in troubl-AHHHHHHH"
  "KYAHHHHHHH!!!"
"KYAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"The girls were all shrieking in pain. Soyoon was grasping her wrist, Dayoung was holding the back of her neck and Eunbi was hugging her stomach. Pain shot through them. The guys all ran to them in panic.

"What's wrong with them?"
"What do we do?!!"
"Girls.... Are you okay?!!!" They were all spitting out questions. Soyoon mustered up the strength to let go of her wrist and look at the problem.

When she took her hand off, the guys couldn't help but get shocked, and so did Soyoon. Her birthmark was burning. It looked like it was burning skin. Like they were being branded on.

Chen saw the black flame that wrapped around her arm and quickly pointed it out.

The other guys hurriedly checked the other girls and they too were experiencing the same thing.

  "W-Why is t-this ha-happening?" Eunbi stuttered out gritting in pain. Soyoon grabbed her hand,

"J-Jieun..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Appa!!! Please STOP!!"

"O-Omma... omma!"

"Jieun~ah... Don't worry, omma will keep you safe... nobody will hurt us anymore."

Memories flashed back to Jieun's mind. She couldn't stop them. She was sinking... deeper.... and deeper.

Jieun was paralyzed... Her worst nightmare was enveloping her, yet she couldn't do anything about it.

She was just floating down... 

Her eyelids were growing heavy, her chest was aching...

She look at her hands, they were glowing. Yet she couldn't do anything about it. Sooner or later, she will have to accept her fate.

*Omma...* She called out, but then everything went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jieun!! Yahhhh!!! Lee Jieun!!! WAKE UP!" Jieun heard yells and felt someone shaking her.

*Omma?* she thought.

"Unni!!! Please..." She heard someone say again, but this time, she could hear sobs. Then felt someone pumping her chest.

She suddenly shot up and coughed up some water. "UNNNIIIIII!!!!!" she immediatley got tackled back down. "O-Owww" she complained. The person hugging her was squeezing her too hard that she couldn't catch a breath.

When she finally cleared up her vision, she saw the faces of her friends all worriedly looking down at her and Soyoon kept a tight hold on her. Then everything that happened before suddenly dawned on her.

She pushed Soyoon away and stood up immediatley. And started scanning her surroundings. They were back at their rest house. She didn't know how or when they got there, but she was still scared.

"The guy... he... I was... he told me..." she started spitting out bits and peices that the others couldn't understand.

"Jieun... catch a breath and tell us slowly." Chen told her and she looked up at them with tears streaming down her face.

"I... couldn't... The people were around and I... I just couldn't." She broke down in tears falling down to the floor.

She started crying, "H-He said he wanted to t-take me with h-him..." she said in between sobs. "Who?" Suho asked crouching down infront of her. She looked up at him.

"A demon." she whispered, but it was loud enough for the others to hear.

Soyoon ran towards Eunbi and clung to her in fear. The guys grew tense. Baekhyun looked down at her and asked, "Jieun... was there anything distinctive about him? Anything at all?" She looked down and tried to remember.

"He looked normal to me at first. Like a regular teenager..." The guys snapped their heads towards her.

"Teenager?!" Xiumin asked wide eyed. All the guys looked down at her confused.

"Why? What's wrong?!" Dayoung asked.

"Demons are entities. They don't possess any physical characteristics other than having a shape of a human. They're just dark shadowy figures." Sehun explained.

"Jieun... Are you sure what you saw was a demon?" Chen asked again.

"W-Well... at first I thought he was just some kind of maniac, so I fought with him. Then I asked him what he wanted from me. He said me, then called me the chosen one..." she paused and looked up.

The guys were silent so she kept going. "... I let go of him and he got up, but this time when I looked at him, his eyes were pitch black... I was so scared... but I couldn't do anything, there were too many people around. I was afraid that they would get hurt." she said and tears started dripping down again.

The girls all huddled around her and hugged her. She looked up, "... he grabbed my arm and black flames started seeping through.... Then my ankle started burning. I couldn't keep my balance so I fell in the water." she said and wiped away her tears.

The guys were silent for about five minutes, pondering. Until Suho finally spoke up.

"He's showing demonic characteristics, but the fact that he was strong enough to possess a human without the full moon and is still going after you is what's bothering me." he said.

"You guys were supposed to be off the radar from other beings by now. Especially since you've been with us and your powers are masked." Baekhyun added looking confused. They stayed silent.

Soyoon was gently rubbing her wrist. Eunbi saw and looked at it and it was red all over. Then she glanced under her shirt, her's was red too. She gently raised Dayoung's hair and glanced at Jieun's ankle. They were both reddened. "The symbols..." she said faintly, but the girls heard her.

"Jieun... look at your ankle." she said and Jieun complied. Seeing it reddened, she gasped. "OH MY GOSH..." she exclaimed and gently caressed it.

"Was this what was burning a while ago?" she asked and the girls nodded. "But why?"

"It's not a birthmark... nor is it a tattoo..."

Everyone looked up at Kris confused. "What is it then?"

Kris sighed, "I don't really know what it's called...."

"...but think about it.... What happened to Jieun also happened to you girls. It's some kind of linkage. Though, I think it only happens physically."

Everyone processed what he said.

"So it tell's us if the other is in trouble?" Soyoon asked.

"No..." They all looked at him confused again.

"Like I said before... It's a linkage... You guys are connected. If one gets harmed, the other is too..."

  "So if one dies..." Chanyeol started.

"... the other dies too..." Eunbi finished solemnly.

The girls grew rigid. Learning this new infromation, their lives are now more precious to one another. All the more reason for them to stick together and take care of each other.

"But... Dayoung was in danger while she was out in the woods and we weren't feeling this..." Jieun blurted out confused. "Yeah!" Soyoon agreed.

Eunbi pondered, "Thinking back... Ara told us that the little girls was only Dayoung's subconcious that was provoking her."

"So I wasn't really in harms way." Dayoung stated.

"Oh..." Jieun and Soyoon both nodded in understanding.

Kris shrugged and got up, "I'll go scower the island and see if I can find some of the demons still lurking around." The guys nodded. He was about to walk out the door when he got stopped,

"Can I help?"

  He looked back and saw Dayoung eagerly waiting for an answer.

They were all about to say no, but she beat them to it, "I can help. If they spot me, I'll just sheild their powers and try to contain them, long enough to call for back up. And since I can fly it'll be easier to look for them." she said trying to persuade them.

The guys were hesitant at first and especially the girls, but they knew that Dayoung would be great help. So they hesitantly nodded their heads.

  "Be careful" Soyoon said.

"Don't worry... I'll look after her." Kris said eyeing Dayoung, earning a warm smile from her. She grabbed Kris' hand and headed out the door.

The girls saw what she did and was taken aback, but quickly shrugged it off.

Luhan on the other hand didn't let the little physical display pass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has already been an hour since Kris and Dayoung got back. Fortunatley, there were no other demons around. Though no one could sleep. So everyone was scattered around. Soyoon and Jieun were on the couch just chatting.

Jieun looked up at the clock. "One more hour till Christmas."

"This is such an awesome Christmas vacation..." Soyoon said sarcastically and earned a hit from Jieun. They both laughed faintly.

"By the way... How did you guys find where I was?" Jieun asked curiously. She never really thought about it, but no one would've been able to locate her at the bottom of the pool since it was so dark and lights weren't illuminating it.

"Kai found you..." Jieun stared at her wide eyed.

"I don't know how, but he just called us and said that you guys were back at the rest house, that's when we hurried back." Eunbi answered walking in and sitting on the arm of the couch.

*Kai?!* she asked herself. "W-Where is he?" she said trying to scan the room. But he wasn't there. Eunbi and Soyoon giggled.

  "I'll be right back." She told them and went out to the patio.

She spotted Kris and Chen talking, "Guys... Have you seen Kai?" she asked. "Uhh yeah, he just headed down to the beach." Chen answered. "Okay thanks." Jieun smiled at them and quickly headed down the steps.

She was wandering for about ten minutes, passing through the forest and ended up on the other side of the island.

When she found his silouette illuminated by the moonlight from afar, she quickly fastened her pace towards him.

"Kai!" she hollered at him smiling.

He looked back, shocked at first, but then he quickly looked away. "Go back to the house and rest." he said plainly.

Jieun was taken aback.

"I-uh... I just wanted to say thank you for s-saving me." she said stuttering. He nodded and looked away again. Jieun was confused.

"Is something wrong?"

  "No." he said trying to avoid her gaze.

She wasn't the little bit convinced. "Stop lying... You've been avoiding me ever since we rode the plane yesterday."

"Now tell me why? What did I do?!" she looked at him pleadingly.

He looked at her, "It's not you..."  he said walking away.

"YAH!" she yelled, losing her temper.

  "I'm not done talking to you!" she ran towards him and yanked him back.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" he yelled shoving her away, a little too hard. She ended up falling on the sand, hard. Jieun face was pain striken.

She looked up at Kai and was scared. Anger, and hurt was seen on his face, but she didn't know why.

  He realized what he had done and quickly stepped back.

"UGHHHHH!!!" he groaned and looked away. "I never do anything right!!!" he yelled crouching down on the sand.

Jieun was frightened.

She has never seen this side of Kai before. But mindlessly, she got up. Taking cautious steps towards him.

She reached out for him, "K-Kai?"

  She felt him quivering. *I-Is he crying?!* she panicked.

"K-Kai... Please. Tell me what's wrong? M-Maybe I can help..." she said closing in behind him.

He looked up and chuckled bitterly, "That's just it..."

  "...You can't help..."

He got up wiping his tears and started walking away again.

Jieun was rooted at her spot. She grew agitated at the fact that he wouldn't let her help him.

"KIM JONGIN!" Anger boiled in her.

Kai halted.

She was the only one who called him that on a daily basis and it's been months since he heard her call out his full name.

He missed it.

"Why are you pushing me away?" he heard sadness in her voice.

He looked back and sure enough, he saw a tear run down her face. His chest felt a pang of guilt. He didn't want to see her cry.

"J-Jieun I-I'm-"

"You said that I-I'm not the problem, but w-whenever I try to t-talk to you. You always i-ignore me..." she said sobbing.

"It's not what you think..."

"Really?" she laughed bitterly. "Then why am I the only one you try to get away from?" Kai was stuck. He didn't know what to say.

"... you're so unfair..." she said coldly glaring at him.

He snapped her head towards her, "Unfair?!" his tone was that of a mock.

"I would be the LAST person you would call unfair, Lee Jieun!" he said trying to control his anger.

"... you wann see someone who's unfair!? Look in the GOD DAMN MIRROR!" he yelled at her, losing his temper.

Jieun was caught off guard. She stood there confused, "W-What are you talking ab-"

"Mir..." he answered calmly this time. She still looked at him confusingly.

"I saw you two kissing outside a cafe." Jieun's eyes grew big.

"I-It wasn't like that... He bum-"

"How could it have been not like that Jieun?" he cut her off. The hurt in his eyes were evident. Jieun felt like her voice was stuck in .

  "I just wished I knew sooner... I would have tried to stop liking you, before I fell deeper." He looked away. Couldn't bear to see her face.

"I looked pass all the yelling and disregard I got from you... Thinking that maybe one day... you would learn to like me too..." He laughed bitterly.

  "I guess not... because I've been liking you since middle school. But right when he came... It was like you didn't even notice me anymore."

He chuckled, trying to stop his tears from coming out, "I feel so stupid..."

Jieun was struck with guilt. Her face was streaming with tears. "Kai... I-I'm sorry... I... I couldn't." she stuttered out.

Kai's eyes downcasted in pain and sorrow. He looked down, "It's okay...I get it..." Jieun shook her head in disagreement.

"No... don't say that... please... don't..." she couldn't bear hearing Kai give up. Not now.

He started his tracks back towards the rest house. *No... Kai* she couldn't voice out his name.

When she saw his figure vanish in the darkness, Jieun couldn't stop from crying.

She looked towards the ocean, staring out at the waves.

Her father's face entered her mind and her heart started pumping wildly in anger and pain.

"It's all because of you! You sad reason for a father!!!" she yelled out.

"You ruined my life!" She couldn't stop herslef anymore.

"You ruined our family!"

"You hurt mom!"

"And You hurt me!" she fell on her knees.

"It was your fault..." she sobbed. "You're the reason why I'm afraid of w-water, you're the reason why e-everytime I try to have I normal life... I never can..." she kept sobbing.

"and you're the reason... why I kept on pushing away the man I..." she couldn't finish.

"You ruined me... And you still are..." she whispered bawling her eyes out.

She sat there quivering and crying her frustrations out. She was tired... tired of everything. She wiped her tears away and tried to get up. Only to wobble back down.

But before she could hit the sand,

She felt two strong arms envelope her from behind.

She looked back and saw Kai.

Her eyes started b with tears again. She pulled out from his backhug, only to face him and hug him again.

Jieun hugged him so tightly. She sobbed so hard that his shirt was soaked with her tears, but Kai didn't mind. He hugged her back and started calming her down.

"Shhhh..." he cooed, patting her back.

When she calmed down, she pulled out of the hug. Kai wiped her tears away.

"I-I'm so sorry! I really am! I-I didn't mean to hurt you." she started

"... and Mir... What happened was an accident..." Kai looked at her confused.

"He was too close to me when I turned around and it just happened. I-I tried to pull away but he wouldn't let go. I never liked him...Well... Atleast I used to."

"I even turned him down when he asked me too be his girlfriend..." she got too caught up and blurted it out.

His ears perked up, "Why'd you do that?" He looked at her questioningly.

She froze and a blush rose on her cheeks. "I-uh... I-uhmmm..." she stuttered and looked away, trying to think up a reason.

A smirk graced Kai's face.

He grabbed her chin and made him look at her. Yet her eyes were still wandering to other places.

"Lee Jieun..." He called out chuckling.

She hesitantly looked his way, only to feel her knees melt at his smile. He was quick enough to catch her and ended up closing in their bodies to each other.

"Jieun.." he called again. His voice felt like heaven to her ears.

*Ohhhhhh... Good Lord...!!!!* she spazzed in her head.

She looked up at him and was caught in his eyes. His beautiful... deep... dark brown eyes.

"Why did you say no to Mir?" His question snapped her out of her trance.

She was about to look away again, but seeing that Kai had her held tightly, she had nowhere to go.

She looked up at him and sighed, "Because of you..." she answered.

"What did I do?" he asked.

She looked up at him again.

"You... Kim Jongin..." she started.

He looked at her earnestly.

"...made me love you..."

Hearing those words coming out of . Kai felt like he was in heaven.

Jieun was waiting for him to say something... anything. But he just stood there staring at her. Not even a smile. Nothing.

She grew agitated.

"Yah! Kim Jongin! Are you just going to stand there after I-MMPHH!!"

Jieun was cut off by Kai's lips crashing down on hers.

She blinked a couple of times, trying to get her mind to process what was happening so suddenly.

Kai then brought his arms up to her face and cupped it as he angled his face to the side in order to have a perfect capture of her lips.

When she felt this, Jieun felt her body slowly easing up, her eyes slowly closing as she fell into Kai's kiss, even returning it back.

They both felt like everything just disappeared. Like they were the only ones left in the world.

After what felt like forever, Kai slowly pulled away from the kiss, looking at Jieun who had her eyes still closed.

"... K...Kai... I-"

"I love you."

He cut her off, but what he said rang in her ears.

Happiness filled in the pit of her stomach. Though, she felt a tear cascade down her cheek.

Kai was about to wipe it away, but Jieun stopped him. "No..."

He looked at her confused.

"It's the first tear I shed in a long time, that I'm not sad about."

She smiled at him faintly and looked down. She glanced at her watch and gasped.

Kai looked down too. "What?!"

She looked up at him and pouted. "It's already Christmas... We missed it by three minutes." her pout grew deeper and looked down in disappointment.

He chuckled inwardly and held her chin up. She was still pouting.

She felt Kai circle his arms back around her. He pulled her closer, which made her heart beat faster in nervousness, yet mixed wth excitement, but she didn't show it.

He leaned down and quickly pecked her on the lips.

"Merry christmas..." he stated grinning.

She stood there, trying to comprehend what happened and when she did, she felt her cheeks heat up.

"Yahhhhhh..." she whined and kept on pouting.

Seeing her cute reaction, Kai wasn't able to control himself and left a gentle peck on her soft lips again.

Rather than letting her move away he held her closer and looked down at her.

"... I love you Lee Jieun" he whispered.

Jieun looked up at him and smiled, "... Me too." she softly stated.

"I love you too."