22. Never Yours

The Path


"Oppa! Hunnie oppa!~~ Ireona~" Sehun felt someone nudging his cheeks, disturbing his sleep. He furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance and shifted to the other side.

"Oppa... YAH!!! OPPA!!!" he felt a striking pain that landed on his backside and his cheeks planting on the cold floor.

Getting up, he grunted and clutched his aching back. "YAH! YOU!... S-Soyoon? Yoonie~ah... Wae??" he whined realizing it was his bestfriend.

Soyoon's face turned red and her eyes grew wide. She immediately turned around, leaving him confused.

"W-What's wrong?" he asked. Soyoon quickly pointed towards his crotch, yet still had her back towards him.

He looked down and panicked, he immediately clasped his hands covering his torso. He totally forgot that he was under his blanket.

He looked up at Soyoon and she was hitting her head trying to get the mental image of his being out of her system.

He chuckled and got an idea. Smirking he slowly moved his hands away from his crotch and quietly sneaked behind her.

He was about to grab her, "Oh Sehun. Try and hug me before putting any clothes on, and see what happens..." she threatened.

He paused, "H-How did yo-"

"Did you forget...?" she asked pointing at her head. Sehun's shoulders slumped down and he grabbed the blanket covering himself.

"Hmph... Ever since you got your powers you aren't fun to mess with anymore." He pouted. Soyoon turned around and smiled.

"Oh hush... Hurry up and get dressed. We need to go Christmas shopping." she exclaimed pulling him up and pushing him towards the bathroom.

He hesitantly followed and shut the door. Soyoon proceeded to his closet and picked out an outfit for him. She was laying out the outfit on his bed when she heard his phone vibrating.

She went to his bedside table and grabbed it. It was an unknown number. Soyoon looked back, checking to see if he was coming out, but when she heard the running water, she focused back on his phone.

She opened the text message,
"Oppa. I had fun last night.
Do you wanna meet up again today?
We have a lot more to do~~
                                 -Hyuna"

*H-Hyuna? Hyuna?* she felt his phone slip out of her hand and dropped with a loud thud on the desk. She snapped out of her frozen state and closed the message.

Once she put his phone back on his desk, Sehun came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his torso and he was drying his hair with another one.

Soyoon remembered his state this morning. He was under his blanket. *Oppa. I had fun last night...* Hyuna's text rang back in her head.

*Was that why he didn't have any clothes on?* Soyoon looked away and feigned a smile getting up. "Uhmm. I picked out your clothes. I'll be downstairs." She said and walked out the door.

Sehun looked confused, "What's wrong with her?" he whispered.

*Soyoon! What's wrong with you?! You should be happy. Sehun's seeing someone. B-But... Hyuna? Why does it have to be Hyuna... again? Everybody knows that Sehun and I are bestfriends... Is she trying to take him too?* she ruffled her hair in agitation and flopped down on the couch.

*Why didn't he tell me? Why did he keep this a secret from me?* She sat back up and flashbacks of the past with D.O. and Hyuna came flooding in.

Her eyes were slowly getting blurry with tears. *Sehun wouldn't do that to me right? He will never leave me like that... will he?*

"Soyoon~ah. I'm ready!" she heard his footsteps running down the stairs and quickly wiped away her tears. She got up and smiled back at him.

He halted, "What's wrong? Did something happen?" he asked noticing her red eyes.

"No, nothing. Here let me fix that." she said and walked up to him fixing his scarf. Once she was done she turned around and headed for the door. Sehun was still unconvinced but followed her out anyways.

The ride to the mall was quiet. No nagging, no scolding, no nothing. Sehun knew that his bestfriend would at least nag him about something, but nothing. She was just staring out the window looking at the snow filled streets.

She didn't even look up when her favorite song came on the radio. *What's wrong Soyoon?* he thought. He knew too well that she heard him, but she just stubbornly looked out the window and ignored him. Sehun sighed and kept on driving.

When they got to the mall, Soyoon exited the car without even waiting for him. She had to get away. She had to wipe her tears away before he sees her.

The whole time in the car she was crying silently. The thought of her bestfriend leaving her again scared her. One was enough.

Sehun quickly caught up and walked beside her. He spotted a cafe in the mall that was fairly empty and ushered her towards it. He needed to know what was wrong.

He picked the table that was far enough that nobody could hear them. When they were seated, Soyoon quickly got the menu and covered her face.

Her eyes were still red and her nose was stuffy. Sehun tugged the menu away. "I was looking at that." She hissed.

Sehun rolled his eyes, "Soyoon, you know the only thing you always order is a caramel frapuccino." She looked away.

"Now... Are you gonna tell me what's wrong with you? Or tell me nothing's wrong again, when your red eyes and nose are saying otherwise." he asked.

She didn't reply and looked away. "Soyoon?" he nudged her. "Soyoon? Are you gonna tell me or not?" he was slowly getting annoyed.

"Ugh... I didn't get up and get dragged out of bed just to get the cold shoulder from you." he said and stood up.

"Well, you should've thought of that before you kept secrets from me." she said accusingly. He looked extremely confused. "What are you talking about?"

Soyoon sighed, "You got a text message, a while ago." Sehun hurriedly took out his phone and looked for it. He sat back down, "The one from Hyuna?" she nodded.

"Ok... so?" her face fummed in anger at his reply.

"So? So?... You keep this a secret from me and all you can say is... so?" She raised his voice at him.

"What am I supposed to say? I'm sorry that she texted me?" She looked away, her eyes were stinging with tears again.

"Help me out Soyoon... Because I really don't know what the problem is here." he asked pleadingly.

She cleared , "Why didn't you tell me that you guys are seeing each other?" Sehun was taken aback by the question. "I didn't because we aren't... What makes you say that?" He asked confused.

"Don't lie to me Sehun. I read the message. It might as well say, 'I had fun having with you last night. Let's do it again.'" Soyoon mocked bitterly.

"Wait, WHAT?!" Sehun yelled, shocking her. His laughter filled her ears, "W-What's so funny?" she asked confused.

Sehun tried to catch his breath and answer, "Y-You are! HAHAHA. Me and Hyuna... ? Dating? The hell?" he said clutching his stomach in laughter.

"B-But, the text? A-And you were this morning. How do you explain that?" She asked. Sehun finally got over his laughter and sat up straight.

"Hyuna and I were doing a project together, but we ended up watching a movie in the living room instead... Don't panic! Nothing happened, we were just watching a movie and some chat's here and there." He assured Soyoon.

"And the reason why I was this morning was because when she left, I had to clean up the mess we made and while I was washing dishes, my clothes got wet. I was too exhausted to care, so I just took them off and went to bed." he explained.

When it all sank in to her, she felt her cheeks reddened in embarassment. She heard Sehun clear his throat, "Soooo... Why were you so worked up? Were you jealous?" he smugly smirked.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "No I wasn't." He looked at her confused, "What was the problem then?" she shifted awkwardly.

"N-Nothing... I-I was just bein-"

"It was because of what happened with you and D.O. wasn't it?" she looked up at him in shock. "H-How did you know?" He sighed and sat up.

"Come on... The hottest freshman slash sophomore had moved into town last year. Not to mention, she was also friends with the other three hottest girls in school. There was bound to be someone that hates on you and digs up your past." Soyoon's eyes casted down in sadness.

"So, even though I finally looked pleasing to the eyes, I was still being talked about." Tears welled up in her eyes. Sehun panicked.

"H-Hey... Don't cry... It wasn't like they were saying bad things. They were just curious." he said taking a seat beside her.

"Curious? You know how hard it was to walk in the same halls with the people that used to make fun of me?" she asked. Sehun shook his head.

"It felt like hell... I had to smile through the days and act like I was friends with them to begin with. If they knew about my past, and what I looked like. Why didn't they just make me suffer like before? It would have been easier. At least I knew that they weren't just being nice because I'm popular." Sehun wiped away her tears and smiled.

"You know... I used to like you." Soyoon's head shot up at Sehun's confession. He chuckled awkwardly. "When you came... It was horrible. I felt like a love sick puppy. Whenever you were around with Eunbi and them, I always had to make up an excuse to leave because I didn't want to embarass myself infront of you." His smile faded.

Soyoon's eyes casted down. She never knew Sehun felt this way. Or was she just too caught up to even notice him. Thinking back, she remembered him always avoiding her when she tried to start a conversation with him. She thought maybe he never liked her.

  Sehun pulled her out of her thoughts. "I even thought at one time that I should sum up the courage and confess how I felt about you. But then Lay came along and you guys started going out. I lost before I even started." he looked away from her.

"Sehun~ah..." she called. "I-I didn't kno-"

"It's fine Soyoon... I'm happy to have you in my life as my bestfriend." He assured her with a smile.

"I mean... Who gets to say that they were best friends with one of the hottest girls in school and that she even tells him her bra size." He winked at her earning a smack.

"ert."

"But you love me for it!" he exclaimed. Soyoon rolled her eyes.

Sehun gazed at her, "I really don't know why D.O. let someone like you go..." he said.

Soyoon chuckled and shooed away his thoughts. "Yeah right..." She scoffed.

He looked at her in disbelief. "Lay likes you... I used to like you and the males of the student body drool over you, HECK... Even the females!" Sehun exclaimed.

"I'm not anyone special." she mumbled dismissing what he said.

He sighed, "Well... The way D.O. has been acting. It seems to me that you are." Soyoon froze at his last sentence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Flight 172 to Hawaii is now boarding..." the intercom announced.

Eunbi started a head count. "1,2,3,4,5,......12,13,14,15...... We're missing one." The others started looking around trying to figure out who was missing.

"Dayoung!!! Dayoung Kim!" Eunbi yelled. Then came a rushing Dayoung carrying a bunch of neck pillows.

"Hehe... I uh... thought we needed some. I mean... even though we're in first class... we still need them." she explained blushing madly. The girls giggled.

"Come, on." Eunbi mused. Dayoung gave out the neck pillows to everyone, but when she got to Luhan, she froze instantly. He was looking down at her.

  "I- uh... h-here!" she shoved it to his chest and quickly followed the others. *What the hell just happened Dayoung? I thought you were over being shy?*

"You are... you're just not over the fact that you almost kissed him." Soyoon whispered teasingly earning a glare from her.

"What did I tell you about reading my thoughts maknae!? And can you explain to me why I even told you guys about that?" Dayoung hissed. They felt someone's arms wrap around their shoulders.

"About what?" They looked up and found Luhan staring down at them curiously with his big brown doe eyes.

  Soyoon giggled at Dayoung's facial expression. "Why don't you ask Dayoung over there. Her LIPS are just itching to tell you~~" Soyoon backed away, laughing hysterically and left the two alone, but not soon enough to miss Dayoung's fumming face.

Once they were in the airplane, they all scowered for their seats. "WOAHH~~~ This is new." Xiumin exclaimed finding lounge chairs and sofas instead of regular seats all around first class. It looked more of like a chill out spot.

"Miss Lee. Your mother is on line one for you." One of the flight attendants said. Jieun grabbed one of the phones that was on the walls and pressed 1.

"Yeobosaeyo... Neh Omma... Yes. Thanks for the plane... Uhm. Yeah. It looks nice.... Talk to you later. Bye" she hung up the phone, only to see Xiumin, Chanyeol and Tao's big eyes.

They were the only one's who were close enough to hear the conversation. "What's wrong with you three?"

"This is your plane?" They all asked in unison. Jieun nodded her head.

Their jaws dropped. "I almost forgot how rich you are..." Tao mumbled dumbfoundedly. Jieun just rolled her eyes and left them there.

  "Yedura!!! Take a seat on the lounge chairs and buckle up. The plane is about to leave. No cellphones until we're on air!" Jieun yelled, she looked around to see if the flight crew was gone.

"No powers either... Especially you Soyoon!" she whispered and everyone else followed.

Baekhyun sat beside Eunbi and Tao. Xiumin, Chanyeol, Chen and Suho took the longest lounge chair. Dayoung took a random three seater only to be trapped in between Luhan and Kris, who was closest to her at that moment. Lay took a two seater and tried to save the other one for Soyoon but Sehun was closer. Kai picked a seat and Soyoon pushed Jieun towards the seat next to him.

Soyoon picked a seat near the window, but to her luck D.O. who had been in the bathroom this whole time only had one more seat option, and that was next to her. He awkwardly took a seat beside her and when she looked back, her face paled.

"H-Hey..." he waved awkwardly.

Soyoon stared blankly at him, then to the girls who also had their eyes fixed on her. *This is going to be a looooong flight.* Soyoon let the girls hear her thoughts.

*You're not the only one sister.* Dayoung answered back looking at Luhan and Kris.

Soyoon giggled loudly and froze when she remembered that D.O. was still looking at her. She immediately stopped and glanced at him.

He had a faint smile plastered on his face. *She's so cute.* she heard him and a blush crept on her cheeks. She looked back out the window again.

The plane started moving, "WOHOOOOO!!! HAWAII!!! HERE WE COME!!!" Some of the guys hollered.