Mirror

Dream World

Once I woke up for real, after going back to sleep for another four hours, without dreaming much that time, I looked at myself again in the mirror. I was somehow a little scared to see myself starting to bleed, and when I actually smirked, I stopped immediatly and walked out of the bathroom. Yes, I scared myself, high five Kyuhyun...It was probably because that dream felt so real, so...Yeah.

 

I actually googled ''Pyramid Head'', curious to see what the hell it was. Basically, it's a guy with a pyramid on it's head, kind of obvious, and was the symbol for the movies and videogames Silent Hill. That monster was the ''judge'' of those who were going to die, which made sense since she asked it if it was going to judge her. What caught my attention was that in the list of characters, there was a man called Harry Mason, which I recalled her saying the name, which brought me, I don't know why, to a youtube video where that guy was always saying the sentence she had said. So, in a way, she was refering to a guy on Youtube. Fantastic, now I know something useful...

 

Gawd...

 

I didn't found anything about a woman with a withe mask, though, and that was what I wanted to learn about. I wanted to know why she had freaked out that much, when she would, most of the time, laugh when she would see something scary. I wanted to laugh at her! Wait no, I mean...I wanted to know how the hell she was able to make fun of me for my lack of courage, or balls, whatever, while she was scared of a woman with a cape.

 

I chuckled a little before taking my bag and going to school. Ama was waiting, right in my face, with Val right behind her.

 

-Hi, I said, trying not to laugh.

-Hello Kyukyu, said Val, making me shiver.

-Hi Baby K!

 

We started to walk towards the bus stop, Valerie rubbing her eyes, as if she was extremely tired. I wasn't in a much better state, but she looked more like than me.

 

-Did you sleep at all, I asked her.

-Yeah, I did, but I woke up at three in the morning and wasn't able to go back to sleep.

 

That would explain why I didn't see anything else...

 

-Why's that, I asked, though I kinda knew.

-None of your business, she answered, smirking.

-She had a nightmare, said Ama, giggling.

-Thank you, Ama, thank you! Now, he'll make fun of me!

-No he won't, if you explain yourself clearly.

-I won't explain anything. It's just a freaking nightmare. It, like spiders, I hate those...

 

I still smiled, just because she was looking away, bothered of having her brave reputation being broken apart. We stopped next to the corner, waiting for the bus to come. I pulled her sleeve lightly, smirking.

 

-Come on, Val, I swear I won't laugh...much.

-I know you will use this against me, Kyu, and there's no way i'm going to give you weapons against me. This isn't something to laugh about. It's serious business!

-A woman with a white mask is serious business, now, asked Ama, trying her hardest not to laugh.

 

Valerie groaned. I felt a chill go down my spine.

 

-What's up with that woman? There's nothing scary about someone with a mask, I said, laughing.

-Nothing scary, Valerie yelled, nothing scary?! That haunted my dreams for weeks, and scared me to death for life! I bet you would your pants if you would see her.

 

She pouted as the bus arrived.

 

-And, I don't want to talk about it.

-Come on, Val, said Ama. Kyu won't laugh, right Kyu?

-I won't.

 

Of course, she was convinced by the gigantic smile. She stepped in the bus first, goign all the way in the back, taking one of the four-seated place where we would be able to face each other and talk. She didn't say anything else after that, and it was obvious she didn't want to talk about it. Everytime Ama would try to say something, she would change the subject and glare at her. Ama probably knew why Val didn't want to say anything, and it only made me even more curious.

 

But she was good at changing the subject.

 

-How's things with Ryeowook, Kyukyu, Val asked, more because she didn't want to talk anymore than because she was interested.

-Yeah, Baby K! Tell us everything!

 

I ended up talking about it, how I was going to meet with Ryeowook outside of class to help him out, Ama seeking all the informations I could give her. When we reached our destination, Valerie had her headphones on, her head tilting to the side. She look tired. Whatever that woman represented for her, it had scared her enough to make her stay awake. It was kind of weird, though. Valerie being scared? She would yell at people she didn't know only because she would step on one of her things. She might me cold with people she didn't care about, she wasn't scared of them. She did told us she had screamed at people publicly because they attacked her verbally...

 

Scared of a woman with a mask...

 

What else was she scared of?

 

She took off her headphones and groaned when Ama told her she was mean to ignore us. He only shruged. The lack of interest in her eyes hit me.

 

She looked like Hikio like this.

 

-What's wrong, Val? You don't talk much today, Ama asked.

-I'm tired, that's all. I'll see you later, I'm going to give my name for the show comittee.

-You are, both of us said, surprised.

 

She smiled, -well, more smirked-, and looked at us.

 

-Yeah. They are searching for someone to help out, I'll be a good student for once. Plus, aren't you part of the comittee, Kyukyu?

-You are, asked Ama, stunned. Since when?

-Well, I...

-See you later!

 

Valerie walked away, shining from her newly gained happiness, as Ama was asking me about that comittee.

 

I was part of it only because I wanted to stand out and gain Ryeowook's attention. That and because I wanted to be one of the artists, since I knew I could sing. My voice was subject of praising fro years, why not using it to, maybe, gain my love's heart? That was a good plan...though I didn't want to wait the end of the year to know if there was any chance that he would love me back.

 

Valerie being part of the comittee was a big mystery, though.

 

But Valerie wasn't there anymore...

 

-Who the hell is that woman with the mask, anyway, I asked out of the blue.

-She'll be pissed if I tell you...

-I swear I won't say anything.

-...

 

I did my puppy eyes. I would always work.

 

And it did.

 

-She told me that when she was younger, when she was around nine years old, she went to that party. They started to watch that movie, and tough what she saw isn't what happened, the woman with the mask scared her to death. She was scared of long-lenght mirrors since. Well, that's pretty much what she said, I'm not even sure of the link.

-...She was nine?

-Yeah. Why are you so curious anyway?

-Hm? Because I though it was funny to see she so worked up. It's not me, for a change.

 

I smirked.

 

-I wonder how bad the movie is, I said.

-The title is Darkness Falls, so if you ever want to your pants, don't invite me. I'll be going in class, see you later, Baby K!

 

Darkness Falls, uhn? No way I'm listening to that. I'm not fond of horror movies.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

It will seem stupid, but I (Valerie, cause yes, i put myself in this story) am really scared of mirrors for the reason said in the fic. Don't judge. It's horrible.