It's Her Dream

Dream World

I almost choke when I saw who was coming.

 

-Val...?!

 

Kira smacked her hands on my mouth, shutting me up.

 

-Shut up, idiot!

-Hmm?

 

Valerie turned around, as if she was really there, able to hear us, her flashlight hitting the door again. She growled before looking around again, Kira still keeping my mouth shut. Valerie didn't even seemed to be scared, she just seemed...annoyed. She stared at the drawings on the wall for a moment before muttering something to herself, which because of the empty hall, I could hear :

 

-Harry Mason with it's nine millimeter...she muttered with a British accent. Welcome back to Silent Hill, ...

 

She started to walked forward, smirking, like if she knew where she was going.

 

-At least the nurses aren't there...

 

Kira waited that Val was gone before letting me say anything.

 

-Why is she here?

-Because it's her dream, said Hikio, pushing the door open. Of course she would be here.

-But why her? Of all people?

-Because.

 

Hikio and I did a stare contest. She won. I groaned and walked out, following in silence Valerie into her dream, wondering what I would learn. Well first, I learned that she was more ed up than I though, because I didn't understand what the hell she was talking about, though Kira was laughing like crazy and repeating it again and again, and I knew she knew the place, since she talked about Silent Hill, which I knew was a videogame she owned, though I never really wanted to play it before. That dream just confirmed that I didn't want to... A school at night...seriously...

 

I had to follow her without the flashlight, since she would see her, and because Kira insisted so much. Hikio wasn't saying much, she was just walking beside me silent. She didn't say much since the beginning...

 

Valerie entered a room, busting the door open, laughing like a psycho. I'm not even asking myself why the hell she acts like that, I'm getting used to it. Anyway, she busted the door open and entered, while I had to hid at the corner, careful not to be seen. I sneaked up to the door, looking inside, curious.

 

There was a tall man with a pyramid on his head in the middle of the room, not moving, with a big knife in his hand. If this wasn't a dream, I probably would have been jealous of the abs that thing had...

 

-Hi thar, Pyramid Head, are you going to judge me, today? No?...Are you going to say something? No wait, you can't talk, the hell am I talking about? I guess the thing you have around your neck right now is the key for the door there, right? Because logic in that game! I'm badass, I'm Heather...Kind of. I bet I'm going to pull it and your going to kill me, because you love ing people up.

-She talking with a statue, I whispered.

-She is talking with a monster, actually, whispered back Kira, smirking. If you had listen to her talking about that game more, you would have known.

 

I groaned. Valerie didn't reach slowly to take that circular pendant that monster had, of course not, she grabbed that and pulled it off with a giant smile. The monster didn't move.

 

-You surprised me, Pyramid Head, Val said, confused. I really though you would cut my arm off...Anyway, lets go!

 

She walked behind the monster, -or statue, whatever,- and placed the circulant pendant she had grabbed in the door. An unlocking sound resonated in the room. Of course, she kicked the door wide open. She can't open a door normally, no, she HAS to kick it open and make me jump. Kira chuckled, which made Valerie look behind her.

 

-Hm?

 

She stared in our direction, Kira pulling me behind so that she wouldn't see us. Hikio was just leaning against the wall, waiting for it to end, I think. I don't know, it seemed like she didn't really care about anything. Val entered the room, after loosing interest in the sound she had heard. The more I was looking, the for I felt like I was in a videogame, avoiding ennemis. My heart was beating so fast, I could hear it in my head, ringing in my ears. It was stressful, seriously! Kira was constently reminding me, by stopping me from saying anything, or by pulling me behind, that it was dangerous. Though now, she was pushing me toward the door, whispering that she wanted to know what was inside. Hikio was following behind, slow, looking at the big thing in the middle of the room. I peeking in the room, swallowing, a little scared.

 

There was a huge mirror in the middle of the room. You know, those huge body lenght mirrors that girls liked to have in their rooms to see themselves completely. I actually though she would play around and joke about it, since she really wasn't the type to see herself in the mirror, but she didn't. Actually, she stopped, far away from it, aiming her flashlight at the mirror. She wasn't smiling anymore. I was able to see her in the mirror, her reflection, and though she wasn't scared at all before, she looked like she was going to her pants. She hardly swallowed, moving one step behind...What was she scared about, it was only a mirror...

 

-...I hate you, mirror. I really do...

-It's only a mirror, I whispered, smirking.

-...You didn't see what was inside, Kyukyu, you haven't seen anything.

 

What...she's scared of her own reflection?

 

She took another step back, breathing heavily. What was wrong with that mirror, why was she so scared? Because she was obviously scared...I stared at the reflection, and as she was backing off, I saw myself in that mirror. She looked away and blocked her eyes with her hands. I was staring at myself, impressed how that mirror was able to be so realistic in a dream. I mean, most of the times, nothing makes sense in a dream, right? It was just impressive.

 

Until I saw myself smile. I froze and looked behind me. Kira wasn't looking, she was staring at the walls, uneasy...That wasn't good.

 

-...Kira?

-I...I can't look...

 

I looked back at the tall mirror. Valerie wasn't in the reflection anymore. In her place was a tall woman, wearing a long black cape, her face covered with a white mask, only her eyes moving. She slowly started to walk out of the mirror, walking toward Val who was freaking out, closing her eyes and blocking her ears. I looked back at the mirror, ignoring the woman walking toward my friend. There I was, smirking at myself. I wasn't, actually, I was staring at the reflective glass with a big confused look. Blood started to fall down my cheeks in my reflection when the scream of Valerie woke me up.

 

I sat up quickly, heavily breathing.

 

What.

 

The.

 

.

 

Was.

 

That?!

 

That was horrible! Seriously?!

 

I stood up. It was three in the morning, and though I was tired, I had such a rush from the dream that I had to get up and go in the bathroom. The second I crossed the door and saw myself in the mirror, I backed off, almost screaming. I know, it's pathetic, I scared myself with my own reflection, I know...

 

Wait.

 

Those two woman did say I would learn something in each dream, right? So...

 

No, no way...Val isn't...scared of mirrors? That's stupid, she is way to courageous for that. She has too much of a character to be scared of something that...simple. Though...I looked at myself in the mirror, in the dark. It could be scary, actually. I was so pale, it almost looked like the woman with the mask...

 

If I hadn't scared myself, I probably would laugh at her. In the other hand, I'm not supposed to know, so...

 

I see where that's going...

 

What did I get myself into...

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

That's nothing, Kyu~