Auditions

Dream World

At three o'clock, we were all in the auditorium, the girls and Ryeowook in the audiance while I was backstage with a overly busy Valerie running all around. There was only one hour left before the auditions, afterall. Zhou Mi and Donghae were there, of course, but since they were going before me for the auditions, they were already getting prepared. Donghae especially. I was sitting really far in the back, bored. Why did I have to go last...

Hyukjae was there too, helping out. I had a little smirk when I saw this friend of mine, well kind of, sometimes blush when the skinny guy was telling her she was really helpful. Seriously... She eventually went my way, shaking her head in disapproval.

-You are being lazy again, Kyukyu.

-I tried to help too, but I was told that I would act only once we would built up the show itself, not the auditions.

-You could practice, at least, she said with a pout.

-Why? I want to impress eveyone.

-I thought this was for your crush~

I groaned, standing up. She smirked and showed me some student working on the lighting of the stage.

 

-They could use some help. Make yourself helpful for once.

-Yeah sure...

 

I rolled my eyes and looked around a little. I didn't know if I wanted to do something or stay bored... Looking it Hyukjae's direction again, because maybe I could make fun of her a little instead of it staying the other way around, I noticed that girl Val told me days ago -or was it weeks?- was his girlfriend. They walked away, Hyukjae looked pissed while the girl looked simply annoyed. I heard a groan next to me, making me turn. Seems like Val wasn't happy about that.

 

-I have a feeling you know what's going on, I said with a smirk.

-Sure I do. I have this relationship with Hyukjae called friendship. We talk sometimes about personnal stuff...

-Like your crush, I asked with a smug look. Maybe about other stuff too~

 

She groaned again and pushed me towards the students needing help.

 

-Shut up. You help now while you have nothing to do.

 

I chuckled, going to join the students needing help, smiling when tey saw me being pushed. They probably guessed I was there for them... I was able to entertain myself until Donghae's part. At that moment, the little squeals coming from the crowd was too much to stay concentrated. I quickly looked at his choice of song, rolling my eyes. There was the womanizer I knew. He was dacing this really provocative song, wearing one of his y suit. I couldn't see Ama, since the lights were out of the audience, but I could guess her reaction. Unless she had a little bit of attraction to him, she would complain about the others girls.

 

A pull on my sleeve made me turn around. What was that girl doing here?

 

-Kyuhyun-ssi?

-What are you doing here? I know you're Hyukjae's girlfriend, but this is limited to the ones in the audition and the comittee.

 

She looked a bit shocked.

 

-Can I talk to you later?

-...

-Kyukyu! Get your over here, I heard Val yell at me.

 

Thankfully the music was loud enough to not be heard by the audience...That would make me be hated by some even more. Not that I cared that much. I walked to her, my hands in my pant's pockets.

 

-What?

-Nothing, I thought you wouldn't want to lose some points because of Hyukjae's hate towards you.

-Hey, she talked to me first. I have no interest in her...Or in any girl.

-I know, idiot. Your heart is all over this little man in which you fancy in your dreams.

 

I groaned.

 

-Shut up...

-Ah, did I touch something sensitive?

-Whatever...I'd like to ask Hyukjae why his girlfriend is still here...

-Ex-girlfriend.

-...What?

-They just broke up.

 

I would make a comment about her using that oportunity to steal that crush of hers from that girl, but the look on her face made me shut up. Better not lose points with her too if I wanted to have any chance to get in the show.

 

-Still, it explains it even less, I said with a sigh.

-I'm amazed you didn't guess it actually. I mean come on, it's so obvious. I guess your brain is too small to understand that little.

-You...

-Kyu! Hey! Did you watch my turn, said Donghae, running towards them.

 

Val only chuckled and patted his back, saying she would look for Zhou Mi. I rolled my eyes and started to talk with my friend, encouraging him. With the amount of fangirls in the crowd, there was no way he wouldn't be chosen. We talked until it was Zhou Mi's turn, watching his performance. Stress was starting to kick in. I knew how good was my friend, and looking at Val's proud face, I would say she knew too. Donghae looked like a fish, which wasn't as different as before. Zhou Mi had chosen a soft song, putting so much emotion in it, I almost felt threaten. Once he was done, there wasa lot of cheers in the crowd. Val walked to me and Donghae, smirking.

 

-We bet how much Nana is dying on her chair?

 

Zhou Mi walked to us before I could answer. He teased a little his childhood before walking away with her, only leaving me and Donghae staring at each other.

 

My turn eventually came. I was standing in the black, waiting for the music and the lights to go on. I kept the microphone far from me, breathing in and out. In and out. I had my eyes closed, hearing the soft piano starting. I was the last one. After me, the judges would vote on who would win and give the results the next day. I opened my eyes when the light went on, smirking. Some might say I am over confident about my voice, but seriously... It wasn't my fault I was so good.

 

I bowed to the croud once my song was over, then let Hyukjae thank the people who had come to see, whishing them a good day. It took a little while before I could leave the backstage, helping to wrap things up, Val running everywhere to make sure everything was okay before going to her crush to talk with him. Zhou Mi left the backstage with me, smirking.

 

-I have a feeling my dear friend has a crush on that skinny guy, he said.

-Meh. Not like I cared that much.

-Kyuhyun!

 

I smiled.

 

How not to when Ryewook was running my way, smiling with this beautiful smile of his. A little hit from my friend made me snap out of my dreamy state.

 

-You're drooling, he whispered before chuckling.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

I'm using the tiny bit of Internet left this month to update. I am so sorry for the delay... But since I have almost no internet left and most of my school projects requires me to have it, I'll spend the day writing some more. I finish my semester in around two weeks, so I'll be able to write without stressing over everything ==