Four in the Morning

Dream World

-Kyukyu!

-You are so Val! A representation of her!

-...

 

Kira stared at me with a surprised look. She frowned and smacked me with her fist.

 

-I didn't think you were that slow! Seriously! What took you so long to understand THAT!

-It's not that obvious, you know!

-Even a five years old could have guessed so! You are so centered on yourself you didn't even think of others! I am mad at you, Kyukyu!

 

I glared at her, but didn't said anything in return. She was kind of right...About the self-centered thingy, not the other things. I still didn't like how she was calling Kyukyu still...

 

-Kira...I started, mad.

-Don't Kira me! I'll slap you!

-Calm down...groaned Hikio. We're here to make him travel, not to judge what he's doing...or saying. Let's just be over with it.

 

Kira flew away, groaning. Was she mad at me? Why was she? Because I didn't realise sooner that those two were a reflection of the girl I had the weirdest relationship with?...Now thinking about it, it almost made sense, since Val did help me a little a few times...Kind of...When she wanted to. Hikio pulled me forward, guiding me to where I had to be. We were back into a normal setting, which would be the school, and considering the stuff that was hanging on the walls, I was ready to bet it was a year ago. Ama was in class, I could see her through the small window in the door. I felt like a stalker for a moment, until Kira hit me and almost made me hit the door. I groaned and glared at her. She finally smirked and pushed me a little aside. Hikio sighed behind us.

 

-Acting like a kid again, Hikio muttered for herself.

-Kyukyu, let me see! Oh! Nana!

 

I looked inside, curious. They were in middle of class, the teacher probably telling them to be in teams for whatever they were doing. Ama looked around a little, making me hide myself when she looked quickly at the door. Kira pulled me up when she finally lowered her head, probably growling of frustration. I remembered her not having a lot of friends, but I didn't think she was that alone...

 

Nana walked to her, almost afraid to poke her shoulder to have her attention. Ama looked at her with an indifferent look, staring her up and down. Of course, I couldn't hear because of the noise inside, but I could guess that Ama wasn't agreeing of being disturbed. They talked a little while, and at the end, before Nana sat next to her, she smiled. No seriously, Ama smiled to someone she didn't know. They worked together and even started to laugh at some point. I don't know how this Nana was able to tame my childhood friend, but it made me smile back. At least Ama wasn't alone...

 

I'm such a bad friend...

 

For some reason, time accelerated to the end of class, probably because it was a dream, and I got to see those two still together, going for the door while talking. I started to panic a little, because I wasn't supposed to be there, so while Kira was laughing at me, and Hikio was just standing there, I ran off to the closest hiding place. Ama and Nana stopped not so far from where I was hiding, still talking.

 

-I know Ryeowook, said Nana.

-Really? You do?

-Yeah! He is really sweet, a little shy also. I can present him to you if you want.

-That would be awesome. Thank you!

-Why were you asking about him anyway?

-Oh...I'll tell you later. We should hurry in class first.

 

I had my crush already at that moment, if Ama was asking about him, so...Was she reaching for him for me or for simple curiosity? Did she had a crush on me then? I didn't know, and to be honest, I didn't understand why I was seeing this. Kira appeared being me and pouted when she realised I didn't even react this time.

 

-You are too used to me now, she said, sad.

-I'm not sure if I should be happy or concerned...

-You should be happy, of course, Kyukyu. So, what's new?

-Ama is curious about soemone she never met before and happened to be my crush.

-Oh awesome! By the way, your cellphone is ringing.

-Wait?

 

She smirked before disappearing, waking up at the annoying sound of my ringtone next to my ear. Who was calling me at...Four in the morning? I answered, saying a ''Hello?'' that sounded more like a groan and a moan than any word at all. It was Zhou Mi, calling me for what had better be a really good reason...

 

-Did I wake you up, he asked me.

 

I could feel the smirk there.

 

-What do you think, idiot, I said, my voice really harsh because of my sleepiness. What do you want?

-Me and Donghae will pop in your school tomorrow.

-...Why are you telling me this now?

-Because I thought you might want to know that we'll have to see your leader from the comittee for Donghae's form, since a girl called him to tell him he did it wrong. He was more than please to come, let me tell you that.

-...Again, why telling me this at four? Couldn't you call laterl? What are you doing up, anyway?

-Donghae will be searching for his dream girl. Your tiredness will be a good excuse to not make him meet every single girl of your school.

 

I didn't add anything, knowing perfectly that Zhou Mi probably had forgotten what time it was because he was out with friends or something. Some giggles behind him confirmed it.

 

-Do I know the giggling voice, I asked.

-Probably not. I don't think you know Blondie's sister.

 

I heard a noise, then Zhou Mi laughing. I heard a feminine voice, Blondie's voice, asking who he was talking to.

 

-See you tomorrow, man.

-I hate you.

-Good night, he said, laughing before hanging up.

 

I threw my cellphone across the room, not caring if it would broke. What was the idea of waking me up only for that...I lay back in my bed, groaning. Thanks to him, I wasn't able to go back to sleep at all, completely awaken by the time my alarm went off. I groaned as I stood up, taking rashly my clothes. This guy...

 

Ama was waiting for me, staring at me strangely when she saw the look on my face.

 

-What's going on, she asked.

-Someone thought it would be funny to call me at four in the morning...

-Who was it?

-Someone you'll meet today, apparently.

-One of your friends?

-Yeah.

-That's sad, Val will be busy because of the comittee. She won't be there. She actually told me she wanted to meet them, so see what kind of friends you had apart from me.

 

I didn't know if I was relieved or sad when I learned that...She may be a pain sometimes, she had been weirdly nice to get me the part in the show, convincing Hyukjae to let me do it. For some reason, he didn't like me that much, and though he wasn't showing it, I could feel it ever since I joined the comittee. She also convinced Ryeowook not to be part of the show, and I knew she did it for me. Then again, she had something to gain from both situations, so...

 

Ama talked most of the way to school. She ran off when Ryeowook went to talk to me.

 

At least something was going my way...