Alone with Ryeowook

Dream World

It was almost midnight when the two girls left to go to Ama's place. At least they were kind enough to not make any explicit reference to what could happen in my head that night. Only Ama had a big Cheshire cat smile on her face when she left. It became a little silent though, until Ryeowook smiled and yawned.

 

-Maybe we should sleep. I did say I would make you sleep, right, he said to me.

 

I was lucky he had turned his back on me because my eyes went wide open because of the images going through my head. He turned around just when I had gain my cool, still smiling. Was he waiting for me to say something?

 

-Yeah sure.

 

I walked fastly before him, going in my room, him following me. Why was I so nervous? Nothing would happen, I already knew that. I grabbed my pyjama and jumped on my bed, smiling slightly, Ryeowook taking his own from his bag before heading for the bathroom. I got dressed quickly and breathed deeply, closing my eyes. Damn it, I've never been this nervous before. I grabbed one of my pillows from the matress on the floor, since they all ended up being there after messing around a lot, and placed it where I usually was sleeping, trying to divert my mind from the fact that Ryeowook would be sleeping in the same room than me.

 

No, I can't get over it.

 

He came back, wearing a cute pyjama, orange with a little girafe on it. He had a bright smile that made me melt a little inside. I smiled back. He sat on the second matress and grabbed one of the pillows.

 

-Today was a lot of fun, he said.

-Yeah, it was, even if Ama said a lot of embarassing things about me.

 

I chuckled. He laughed lightly.

 

-You two sure know each others.

-Well...our parents are friends, so it kind of came naturally. I've always known her.

-That's nice. You always had someone with you. It must be fun to have someone who knows you so much.

-Aren't you and Nana really close?

 

Oh God, it sounded like I'm asking him if he was dating her...He chuckled and dragged himself closer to my bed. I layed on my stomach, closer of the side of my matress. He was looking right at me, which made it hard not to blush...or kiss him, really. His sparkling eyes, well defined jawline, his little smile...

 

-I didn't know Nana as long as you know Ama, but she is a close friend.

-Nana is nice, at least, I said with a smirk. Ama can be a little bit of a pain sometimes.

-Isn't she your best friend?

-Oh yeah. She's still awesome. It's the fact that she's such a pain that make her loveable...She cares about me as much as a care about her.

 

Lie. She probably care a lot more about me than she let me know. I can't say that though, I'm not supposed to know she has a crush on me...He lowered his eyes a moment before looking up again.

 

-Say, do you have a crush, he asked me.

 

I was startled for a few seconds. That alone must have blew me off because he soon smiled a little more. I didn't understand why he was asking, and obviously, I was scared to talk about this with him. I guess the question was also written on my face because he soon explained himself.

 

-It's only curiosity. You are really popular and I think you never dated anyone since you entered school, so I'm just curious to know if you may have a girl in your mind. You are often with Ama, Nana and Val, so...Not that there is something wrong with that!

-It's okay, I get what you mean, I said. They are scaring other girls and I'm actually grateful for that...

-Why?

 

Because I'm in love with you. Like I would be able to say something like that. It would be so awkward too if he doesn't like me back, which will surely be the case. I'd rather be accepted somewhere public and make an idiot of myself than rejected in my own house, to be honest.

 

-Because, I started.

 

Think of something smart, Kyuhyun! Don't be an idiot...

 

-Because they are so annoying.

 

Wow...Almost honest.

 

-I know every guy would kill to have that much attention, but I sincerely don't care. They don,t have a crush on me, they have a crush on who I seem to be. If they can't even deal with my friends, then they are not worth it.

 

He looked convinced by my answer, and I don,t know if I was just dreaming it or my hopes are getting into my head, but rather happy about it. I was about to ask about it when he asked me again if I had anyone in mind worth dating.

 

-Ama, maybe, he said with a little smile.

-Oh God no!

 

He looked surprised. I felt like a jerk again. Let me wonder why...

 

-Ama is really a close friend, but she's just that, a friend. Everyone keep saying we are dating, or should date, but we are not.

-I bet your friend would be happy about you saying that, Ryeowook said, nodding softly.

-Friend? You mean Donghae? He calls her an angel, which I personnally don't get because she keeps being extremely mean to him...He's a good guy, at least. A little dumb, though.

-He's nice, like Zhou Mi. Nana seem to like him a lot.

-I noticed. He likes her a lot too. Don't tell her though, I said with a smirk. I'm not supposed to say.

-They would look great together.

 

We looked at each other a moment before I reached for some paper and he grabbed a pen in his bag. I wrote down his number and gave it to Ryeowook. What? I can match up my friend with my crush's best friend, at least it's less awkward than searching for something to say. It also felt like I was closer to him, and that was a great feeling. The subject changed a little, and it was only when we were both laying down, talking softly, that the subject came back.

 

-But really, Kyuhyun. Do you have a crush on someone or are you really that cool, untouchable guy?

-...I do have a crush.

 

Why I said that? I don't know. Maybe because the lights were dimmed, it was late and I couldn't see his face anymore, since I was staring at the ceiling.

 

-Really, he asked.

-Yeah.

-Who is it? Do I know this person?

-...Maybe, I don't know.

 

Yes, you do.

 

-How is she?

 

It's not a she.

 

-...Kind, sweet, cute...I didn't talk to that person as much as I would like.

-Will you confess?

-...I don't know.

-Why?

-Because...I don't want to be rejected. I never had a crush before. Unlike what people might think, I never dated.

-Why would she say no? Aren't you really popular?

-Being popular doesn't mean I'll be liked for who I really am. I'm not trying to be cool, people just happen to think I am. You can ask Ama, I'm spending most of my free time in front of a screen playing games than anything else. Once, Ama dragged me out by the ear because she wanted me to buy something for her since her parents didn't want her to have it.

-I think you still have great chances.

 

There was a short silence, like if he had fallen asleep. I couldn't, my nervousness was back.

 

-Say, Ryeowook?

-Hm?

-Do you have a crush too?

 

Short silence again. Maybe he had really fallen asleep.

 

-I think I do.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

A MONTH! I'M SUCH A BAD WRITTER I'M SERIOUS! The hell! I can't believe I am neglecting this fic!

I'M MEAN

DAMN IT

Seriously, if I finish another chapter tonight, because I'm all pumped to write right now, I'm putting it right after. I'm going to makeup the fact that I neglected this story way too much!