Sleepless Night

Dream World

The next night, I didn't get to see something. Why? Because I had to stay up all night long to study a test I had forgotten about. Easy to forget when so many things happens at the same time. I have good grades, I know, but I don't want to have a less better grade only because my life complicated right now...That and because I was talking with Ryeowook over the phone until midnight to help him out. It's not that bad, though, I had a fifteen minutes nap in the bus, while Ama was making I would wake up at the right time. I convinced her with some of her favourite candies before I got in with her, just to be certain she wouldn't leave me there.

 

-You should've sleep, idiot, Aa told me once we were inside the school.

-I should've, I know. Mind if I go sleep in the library before class starts?

-No, but you'll go there alone.

 

I waved at her before leaving, my eyes half closed. I looked like I was sleepwalking, and I could feel the stares people were giving me. If I wasn't that tired, I probably would have laugh. Those people, distracted so easily...Hey, wasn't that Val?

 

I looked behind me, certain that Kira would pop out, but no, I was apparently awake now. I looked back at her while her back was facing me. She was talking with Hyukjae who looked half convinced about something she was saying. He still nodded, did his flashy gummy smile while, probably, thanking her, and walked away. She waved goodbye at him before smiling too, blushing a little. I had the biggest predator smile I had ever done. Val probably felt stared at. She turned around, her smile turning into a frown as she saw me. Yes, Val, I just saw you act all cute around your crush.

 

And with the face she made, she knew she wouldn't be able to make me think otherwise.

 

Oh sweet, sweet revenge.

 

I walked towards her, she did the same. She was pointing me with her fingers, annoyed and probably a little scared of what I would say.

 

-Why are you creeping up on people?

-Because it's fun, I said. I didn't know you could blush.

-I didn't know you would spy on people.

-Do you have a crush on him?

 

She froze a second. She stared at me, judging if I was worth trusting or if she was better to shut up.

 

-No I don't.

-Oh really? Are you sure? You are awfully helpful for someone you don't care about.

-I never said I didn't care, I just said I didn't have a crush.

-Yeah, sure. I believe you.

 

I smirked and pushed her gently, forgetting about my will of going to sleep.

 

-Come on, I can help you. I won't be too much of a pain, promise.

-I already told you that-

-Oh please, I am not an idiot. Because you would blush in front of a guy, especially one you helped a lot recently, for not reason. Be honest...

 

She groaned. I had her trapped and unless she was willing to say the truth, because I already knew she had a crush, I wouldn't let it go.

 

-...Alright, she said. You got me, now what? You are going to make fun of me in front of him?

-No. I would've have if you hadn't asked Ryeowook to help me this week-end, or hadn't ask Hyukjae for a place in the show, though I still don't know why you did that.

-Because he hates you.

 

I stared at her for a moment, but before I could get any answer, she groaned again.

 

-I can't believe you were the one who find out, she said, already leaving.

-Wait! What do you mean, he hates me?

-Oh whatever! I'm going in class before the bell rings.

 

I frowned, tempted to follow her, curious, but I shruged and walked to my next class. It was enough to finally ''know'' that she had a crush on someone, I won't push my luck more. I'll have time to annoy her, since once the show would start for real, she would always be around him, and I would always be there to remind her of it. It was going to be fun! Probably until I get tired of it. I guess nobody knows except me...No, I won't blackmail her, there is no point in it. I have nothing to ask for, to start with, and because I actually wanted to help her. She helped me out a few times, though it doesn't always look like it.

 

And why did Hyukjae hate me anyway? What did I do? I've done nothing to him... I didn't even know him before I joined the comittee... Why didn't you tell me, Val! I don't care if people hate me, but at least, tell me why!

 

I groaned, jumping out of fear when a hand touched my arm.

 

-I'm sorry, Kyuhyun! I didn't mean to scare you, said Ryeowook, trying not to laugh.

 

I think he saw the dark circles I had under my eyes, because he looked worried for a second.

 

-Did you sleep? You look awfully tired today...Is it because I asked for your help?

-No, I forgot about the test, that's all.

-...Are you sure you are not saying this just so I don't worry?

 

Yes, I'm sure I am saying this to not to see you so sad and guilty.

 

-Of course not. I studied all night, that's all, I said. Anyway, I can sleep in class, it won't be a problem.

 

He didn't look convinced. I added a dorky smile, only to see him smile and shake his head in disapprouval. Of course, I stopped him before he said anything.

 

-I'll sleep tonight, or this week-end. It's really no big deal. I won't die because of it. I swear.

-Please sleep early tonight.

-I swear I will, okay? We should go to class before we end up late.

 

He nodded and smiled, though I could guess he wasn't happy about the fact that I hadn't sleep. Though, he smiled a little and looked at me with a mocking look.

 

-I'll make sure you keep your promise this week-end.

 

Oh yeah right, he was coming over...I guess I'm so tired I actually forgot for a moment. I nodded and smirked.

 

-Yeah sure. You can always try to make me sleep, if you can.