o36

I'll Show You!

"1 year later..


"Have a nice day!"You greeted goodbye to the last customer.Finally,your shift was over for the day at the convenience store.

Ever since the last contest and your graduation from high school,you decided to drop out of college and work at a convenience store temporarily.After you get heaps of money,then you would search for a nice job.You decided to quit at PARADISE because even though everyone there was like family,you didn't want to bring too much attention.Or was that the only reason?

The bell went off,meaning another customer had entered.Thinking it was your manager wanting to give you your pay,you turned with a big smile on your face.

As you were about to call out to your manager,you sighed.It was just another couple.You cursed in your head,saying that your shift was already over.

"Welcome.."you sighed,slightly grumbling to yourself.

Leaning forward against the counter,you stared at the loving couple out of boredom.Your eyes constantly landed on the blonde boy who was facing back.You wondered how he looked like.

"Soju?I don't drink soju though.."The girl exploded her cuteness towards her boyfriend.
"Okay,okay.."

As they got closer,the girl pecked her boyfriend on the lips and turned back around to pay.Your heart felt a slight sting and stood right up to scan.

"Luhan Oppa,you've made food right?" The girl handed over the things.

You squeezed the packet of snacks in your hand.

You looked up,blank.

Luhan,still oblivious,responded to his girlfriend before he sensed a pair of eyes staring right back at him.

And then,both of your eyes met.You felt a gush of wind pass as the door opened and your manager came.But you could only see Luhan.Luhan could only see you.

Your longing stares at each other brought up the content of that day.


"That was so likely of you,Luhan."You grumbled,glaring at the boy who was busy eating a cup of pudding.

He shrugged as he finished his last scoop of pudding and went back out to the stage.

"Go back to your waiting room,we're announcing the results later on."

You stomped your feet as you scoffed at Luhan.After 5 minutes of grumbling in the waiting room,your batch was called out to the stage.Hyuna,as always wanting to be first,pushed you out of the way.

But she wasn't even the problem right then.It was Luhan's attitude.

"And lastly,Batch 8 !"Seunghyun,the host,announced.

You shook Luhan off your mind and greeted the audience with a smile.Lined up in a row,you met eyes with Luhan,who was staring at you nonchalantly.Seunghyun kept hosting as usual,but you weren't listening.All that was on your mind was the fact that you believed you were going to lose.

After the judges gave out last-minute comments and whatnot,Hyuna who was standing beside you whispered,"This is our last year right?"

After looking at your confused expression,she continued,"Although I'm sure I'm going to win this contest,you can keep Luhan."

"What?"

"Why are you surprised?Obviously Luhan's not going to like me until I die.Since it's our last year here,consider this as a farewell gift."She slightly yet mysteriously smiled,turning her attention back to the front.

"Alright,we've got the results.Batch 8's Kim Hyuna-ssi and Choi Dana-ssi please step out to the front."Seunghyun ordered firmly.

With heavy steps,you stepped out,hands curled into a fist.You and Hyuna both stood in a straight line with the rest of the finalists in each batches.

"Here's our finalists everyone!"Seunghyun shouted,trying to bring up everyone's excitement.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen,you have made it this far.However,only 3 of you will get prizes.3rd place will get $50 in cash,2nd place will get $100 and a cruise around Seoul and finally,1st place will bring home $1000 and a trip to Hong Kong for 3 days!"Seunghyun read,taking in many pauses to breathe.

"3rd place goes too..Oh Hyesun!Congratulations."

What irked you the most was when Luhan just sat down there drinking soda as he stared at Oh Hyesun who just won 3rd place.

"2nd place goes to..Choi.."

Choi?You lifted your head up.Even if it were 2nd place,you were expecting your name to come.

"Choi Taeun!Congratulations."You sighed out of frustration.You were just so eager and so nervous to know who won the whole competition.Hyuna gave you a slight glance,whispering to you,"Don't act nervous.Just stay cool."

But that made the whole thing worse.Your palms were getting sweaty,Seunghyun and everyone else were clapping except for you, and you even bit your lips out of frustration.

"Finally,ladies & gentleman,the moment you've all been waiting for.The one who gets to go to Hong Kong and win $1000,the 1st place,is.."

You started hearing drum rolls in your head.Blankly,you happened to only stare at Luhan as the latter shifted his eyes downwards,avoiding your gaze.You pursed your lips the moment Seunghyun breathed into his microphone.

"Congratulations,Kim Hyuna!!"Confetti started popping out from the tubes,everyone cheered and stood on their feet,clapping and whistling as Hyuna stood beside you in shock.

As much as you couldn't believe it,you were glad that Hyuna won.You were glad that finally,she got what she deserved.Fame.You found yourself clapping as Hyuna shed tears as she came forward and accepted the bouquet and trophy.

She sobbed,"Thank you.I wouldn't have done this much effort if it weren't for..someone,"she glanced at you,earning a smile.

As everyone got backstage,you felt someone tugging your wrist.It was Hyuna,eyes full of moist and a big smile.You softly grinned,"Congratulations,Hyuna.You deserved to win."

She sighed,"No,I didn't.I was so mean to you and everyone else because I was jealous.I was jealous of your popularity.I was jealous of how you could get things so easily.I mean,you even got yourself a hot tutor and he's practically all over you,"you opened your mouth to talk,however Hyuna continued as if she knew what you were about to say,"I know,that's exaggerating it a little bit.I just want to say,I'm sorry for everything."

You placed one of your hands over hers,"It's okay.I knew you'd snap out of it eventually.In fact,you definitely deserved to win.I only practiced singing and dancing just because Luhan said I couldn't.However,your choreography was way harder than mine,I bet you really took a lot of time doing it.So congratulations."

Both of you exchanged soft smiles until a familiar face stepped in.

"I'll go ahead."Hyuna said,glancing at both of you before she left.You crossed your hands,waiting for Luhan to say something.He started,"So,you didn't win."

"But I know I didn't lose."You playfully smiled,earning a chuckle from Luhan.

"So,what now?"Luhan asked.

You paused for awhile,staring at him softly,"..It's over."

Forcing a smile,"I know."

As much as you hated to admit it,you really were going to miss everything you did together.But,since the bet was already due that day,it was time to say goodbye.

"Thank you."

"For?"

You felt your foot slightly move.Your hands were getting itchy.Tears were in your eyeballs.That's when you realised,you wanted to hug him.You wanted to place your head on his chest,hoping for him not to let go.But you couldn't.You couldn't hug him.Even if you wanted to,you just couldn't.Why?

"Just,thank you."

Because if you did,you wouldn't have let him go.


♥♥♥

HAIHAI ^^

This is my Christmas present for you~
Yes,yes,I know,I've been such a bad panda-nim~~
BUT,
since it's Christmas[for the US state & whatnot]
I gave you a present!!!
Do you love me now??Do you?Do you??
/sigh,everyday,I get the same comment asking me to update,
I didn't know you guise loved my story so much!!
Now,time to say byebye to this story!

And you have spoken!!
Your sequel will be called...
RATED LUHAN!!
Actually,that title was supposed to be a Myungsoo story 

BUT,
do you guise want sides??
Leave me a comment if you do and I'll give a poll on who you should pick!