003

Undercover Agent a.k.a You

Ju Min was imagining herself being kicked out of TWA or being disowned by her grandfather but, " Did you tell him who you are or did he guess it by himself? " 

" He guessed it. I didn't know how, but he managed to. Am I in trouble? " Ju Min carefully asked her grandfather. " Trouble? For what? You didn't break any rules. Did you? " 

Ju Min was really dumbfounded. " No. Aren't I supposed to be in trouble for being found out in less than 24 hours? " She heard a chuckle over the line as her grandfather spoke, " My granddaughter, you have not broken any rules. Thus, you need not be punished although I am annoyed that you've blown your cover. So long as they do not find out your motive, you're fine. " 

Ju Min heaved a sigh of relief as she hung up. She continued her work by first trying to eat while glancing a few times at Exo-M's table. She took out her notebook which was passcode locked and tried to note down their habits, just in case her grandfather wants them.

As she was writing some notes, a shadow fell over her and she heard gasps. Ju Min stop writing and closed her notebook, letting it lock by itself before looking up to see, " Zhang Yi Xing, what are you doing here? " He shrugged and placed his tray down, earning glares from the girls. " Can't I eat with my childhood friend? " 

Ju Min sighed and glared at him. " You weren't there for me for since we were five. I bet you didn't know how much pain I went through. " Lay gave a guilty smile and rubbed the back of his neck. " Dui bu qi... My parents wanted me to study in China. So, how are your parents? "

Ju Min stopped eating her rice and fought back her tears, " They died. They died in the same week you left me. Oppa died a few years ago. " Lay's eyes widened and was feeling guilty. " When you left, I was so depressed. Mom and Dad thought that it was a good idea to take me out with oppa for a movie. A shootout occured. they were shot. " 

Lay looked down and regreted not telling his parents that he wanted to stay. " Then what about your brother? " " I don't know. I came home and was notified that he died. " She fibbed. Ju Min was not supposed to tell anyone that her brother was killed on a mission that the both of them were in. 

" Dui bu qi, Ju Min. " Ju Min looked at him with tear stained eyes. " Your apology meas nothing now. What's done is done. But I want you to stay safe. I don't want to lose anyone anymore. "

Lay looked at Ju Min bright eyes, and she gave him a small smile before munching on her salad. Lay looked at what she was eating and froze on the particular salad. " Ju Min, what salad is that you're eating? "

Ju Min looked at her salad and shrugged. " Spinach and fruits salad, I guess. Why? " He held out his hand and she stared at him. " Wae?? " He did not say anything but just took the salad from Ju Min and inspected it before looking back at her, " How much of this have you eaten? " 

Ju Min shrugged. " About a few bites? Why? Why won't you tell me? " Lay looked at her seriously. " Did you bring your medication for allergies? " Ju Min nodded and searched her bag for medication and held up the small container. Lay sighed. " Eat it now. " 

Ju Min looked him with a weird expression but did as told her to. " Now will you tell me what's wrong? " Lay looked at her with such seriousness that she herself was scared. " I suspect that there might be poppy seeds inside. " Ju Min's eyes were ready to come out of their sockets now. 

If there was something else she was allergic to, it was poppy seed. Just like eggs, it would cause her rashes and even cut off her oxygen when taken in a huge amount. 

Ju Min just blinked innocently at him with her doe eyes. * Cute... If i hadn't left, I bet I would've asked her out * Ju Min did not give anymore reaction but just ate as she tried to record information down into her notebook without Lay peeking.

After she finished writing, she looked up to see Lay still at the table. Ju Min let out a sigh and asked him, " what do you want Yi Xing? " He gave her a smile and stood up. " Come sit with me and my friends. " Ju Min looked at the Exo-M table and shrugged. " Give me a reason why I should sit with you six. "

" Because you're my childhood friend and I'm sorry for leaving you to study in China? " He flashed an awkward smile which showed his dimples. * Damn that boy... His dimples are so cute.. Wait! Kwon Ju Min!! Snap out of it!! Do not fall in love with Zhang Yi Xing!! *

Ju Min sighed again but stood up with her bag. " Just this once. " Lay nodded his head and took her tray. Mumurs could be heard around the canteen, and it was about Lay and Ju Min.

" What is she doing? "

" Is she sitting with Exo-M? "

" How dare she?! "

" I hate to admit it, but they actually look good together. "

" LayMin all the way!"

The both of them reached the Exo-M table and all the boys looked up at Ju Min. Xiumin, Luhan and Kris were the only ones who recognised her. " Oh? Hi Min Ju. " Luhan spoke. Chen and Tao looked at Luhan confusion.

" Luhan gege, you know her? " Tao asked. Luhan nodded. " All of us except you two know her. " Now Lay was confused. " You mean you, Xiumin and Kris ge knows Min Ju? " The three oldest nodded. " Since when? " Kris chuckled and answered the younger, " Since you told us about her in the morning. " Now it was Luhan and Xiumin's turn to laugh. Even Ju Min giggled. 

The whole table fell silent when they heard Ju Min giggle and she immediately blushed when she noticed that all attention was on her. Lay gave her a small smile which she noticed and returned. This moment, Lay felt his cheeks burning. 

" Hyung? You're ears are turning red. " Immediately, his hands flew to his ears in an attempt to cover them, but they boys already saw it and started smiling. Being the innocent girl she is, she didn't know why he covered his ears. 

"Ooooo... Lay hyung is blushing because of Min Ju~ " Tao teased. Lay just shot the maknae a death glare and he immediately kept quiet. Ju Min shook her hand. " No... Lay doesn't like me that way. Right Yixing Ge? " She gave Lay a smile that meant that she needed his help.

" Of course. She's just a mei mei that I knew when we were children 12 years ago. " Lay confirmed and Ju Min just nodded. 

" But she called you Yixing Ge. No other girl calls you that, only Lay ge or Lay oppa. " Kris smirked. * These punks really like to make fun of me. Don't they? * Lay massaged his temples as Ju Min sat there silently giggling at the boys' childishness. 

* He's not blushing because of me right? I really can't fail this mission. Or break both our hearts. * Ju Min thought sadly. 

When the bell rang, it signaled that it was the end of break. Tao bounded towards and linked arms with you. " So! Min Ju, what classes do you have next? " Ju Min looked up in thought and looked at him. " I have guitar lessons next. " When Tao heard her answer, he pouted. " We're not in the same class. You have the same class as Lay ge. " 

This moment, Lay came from somewhere and linked arms with Ju Min. " Yup! Which means she's mine now! " He stuck his tongue out at Tao and dragged her away. * Childish...He's really childish indeed *

When the two of them arrived at the music studio arm in arm, fangirls were glaring daggers at Ju Min and one of them was really angry. * First the three oldest, now my boyfriend?! has some nerves. *

Before Ju Min released herself and sit at the back, Lay pulled her with him to a space next to him. Slightly pink, she looked at him with confusion. " Yah! Why are you making me sit here? Doesn't anyone sit next to you in class? " she whispered to him. But all he just did was shake his head. " I've been sitting alone since the the start of this year. "

Ju Min nodded her head in understanding and waited for the teacher to come. However, the teacher didn't come. It was only 30 minutes into the class did a lady from the front office come. " Class has been cancelled. Teacher Park is unwell today. Classes will resume tomorrow when she comes back. " 

When the office lady left the room a little later, the class exploded to chaos. Screaming was heard as the girls gossiped and the boys took pieces of paper and either folded it into paper planes or crushed them into paper balls and threw them around the room.

Just as Ju Min was about to take out a book to read, Lay poked her sides, making her squirm.Her high pitch squeak caught the attention of the whole class and the girls glared daggers her way. Burning in embarrassment, she shot Lay a look.

" What do you want, Yixing Ge? " Ju Min was a little irritated, due to the fact that Lay kept poking at her sides and that she could feel the girls shooting daggers at her. 

" I'm bored... Talk to me. " ay gave her the puppy-dogs eyes butit didn't work as the answer he received was a 'no'. Lay kept poking her sides and she was starting to grow irritated. Ju Min gave up and just kept her book before facing Lay.

" What do you want to talk about, Yixing Ge? " She said in a fairly loud tone that caught the attention of the girls. Again, whispering could be heard by her.

" What the? She called him Yixing Ge? " , " No one was allowed to call him that. ", " who does she think she is? calling him Yixing ge? " 

Ju Min could care less about those fangirls and looked at Lay. " First things first, why do you call me Yixing Ge? No one calls me that. They called me Lay. " Ju Min was mentally facepalming herself at the dumb question. " Two reasons. Your nickname sounds weird, and I've known you since like what? Diapers? " 

Lay shrugged. " Close enough. " Ju Min looked in front, " Anything else, ge? " Lay nodded. " Did you miss me when i went to China? " Ju Min's eye twitched in annoyance. " Zhang YiXing, what kind of question is that? " Lay smiled. " So did you? " Ju Min sighed and lowered her head. " I'd be lying if I said no. "

Lay's eyes brightened at her answer. " Why? " Ju Min poked the walls of with her tongue at the stupid questions he was giving her. " What else? I was boed at home and oppa was too busy to play with me " * And I also had a small crush on you. *

Immediately, his shoulders deflated. * So she doesn't like me like how I had a crush on her. * " Really? " Ju Min nodded. * I guess it's just a one-sided love. *

Ju Min looked away and tried to focus on reading her book, but she couldn't. Not anymore. * Sorry Yixing ge. I'm forbidden to love you now. Not while I'm an agent sent to protect you. The rules apply to everyone of Exo-M. I'm sorry. *

Secretly, a lone teardrop fell from her alluring hazel eyes as she thought about the time the both of them had fun together.