025

Undercover Agent a.k.a You

A/N: Sorry! In the previous chapter where I wrote, " A few days have passed since... ", it was meant to be " A month has passed... " Sorry for the error! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" That's settled then! She'll take these few outfits. " Aunt Kim said and passed Ju Min ten bags of summer dresses. Seeing the huge amount, Ju Min's eyes widened. 

" So many? " Ju Min gasped. Mrs Kim could only chuckle with Aunt Kim. " Many? Our husbands give the boys even more than this. " Aunt Kim laughed.

" Alright. " Ju Min blew air into her cheeks and bowed in thanks before walking in between Lay and Luhan. " Then we'll be going now, ma! " Xiumin told his parents. 

" Me too! " Chen waved. The parents waved back. " Visit again soon! " Mr Kim told the group and they nodded. After bowing, they left the room. 

" Here. " Lay offered to take some of the bags from Ju Min and she gave him a few. " Don't mind me, Luhan. I'll take her back first. 

" Hao de. [Alright.] " Luhan replied. " I'll send the clothes we shopped for this morning to your house, mei. " Luhan informed Ju Min who gave a nod. 

Gently, Lay took Ju Min's hand and led her to his car. Opening the trunk, the both of them placed the bags inside before going to the passeger door, where Lay opened the door for Ju Min before proceeding to slipping into the driver's seat. 

" Let's go. " Lay smiled and started the ignition. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Thanks for dropping me off, ge. " Ju Min thanked. Lay handed her the bags from Kim parents' office. " No problem. " 

He lightly pecked her cheek and left the place. Touching the place where he kissed her, Ju Min smiled and unlocked the door. 

Picking up the bags, Ju Min went into the unit and the lights. 

" Ju Min. " A deep voice spoke and Ju Min froze in her spot. * It can't be. * Slowly, she turned around to find an old man with a stern expression sitting on the couch. 

The old man was wearing a formal business suit and he had short, white hair with white stubble on his face. Wrinkles could be seen an his brown eyes showed anger, disappointment and annoyance. 

" Grandfather. " Ju Min unfroze and immediately bowed down 90-degrees and stayed there. " I'm very disappointed with you, Kwon Ju Min. " Her grandfather said. 

" Six months and there was no reports since the last attack. Don't you think I'll get suspicious. " Her grandfather raised his eyebrows. 

" Yes. " Ju Min replied, still bowing down. 

" I heard rumors. " Her grandfather stood up from the couch and walked around the room. " That you broke two rules. " Ju Min kept quiet as she knew which rules she broke. 

" You fell in love with him and told him your secret. " Her grandfather looked at Ju Min with hard eyes and she could feel his hard stare.

" It's my mistake. I'm sorry. " Ju Min deeply apologised.

" It's good that you know. So I'm sure you could guess what your punishment might be? " Her grandfather asked. Ju Min kept silent. 

" Break up with him. " Her grandfather said and Ju Min stood up straight, a look of shock on her face. * What? * 

She could feel tears welling up in her eyes and she forced them back in, afraid that her grandfather might notice it and lecture her further on what an agent must and must not do. 

" That's not all. Once that is done, I want you to pack up, and be ready to be transferred to the Los Angeles branch in America. You'll be staying there until you know the rules well. You're off missions for the next month. " Her grandfather declared. 

" Yes, sir. " Ju Min bowed. 

Her grandfather then made his way to the door, which was next to Ju Min.

" One more thing. " Ju Min's grandfather stopped beside her.

" Woohyun would be replacing you for this mission. I suggest you have a good rest and pack whatever you need, cause I will arrange the flight for tomorrow night " Ju Min's grandfather left the unit after his job was done.

Once Ju Min heard the click from the door, signaling that the passcode had reset itself, she crumbled to the floor in a heap of tears.

* How did grandfather even find out?! And why must Woohyun be the one to take over the mission? *

That's when it clicked. Anyone could be taking over her. Why couldn't it be second-in-command, Soojung? Or her second cousin, Sera? They were equally talented, if not better than Woohyun. 

* But I have no evidence that he is betraying TWA. So I can't doubt him just yet. But he does know that I like Lay, does he? *

Ju Min wiped away her tears and stood up, pushing away her suspicions. * Whatever. I have to be strong. Until the punishment is over, and until I turn 18 in two months. That's when I'll decide if I should quit this or not. *

She took the bags and went to her room and sat on the bed.

" For now, I'll just do whatever grandfather wants me to do. " Ju Min whispered to herself and took out her phone to message two people. 

To: Luhan Ge

Could you come over to my place now? I need to talk to you. 

ASAP

- Fei Shi

To:Lay Ge 

You free tomorrow? 

-Minnie

Almost instantly, the two replied to her.

To: Fei Shi mei

Sure. Be there in 10.

- Luhan Ge 

To: Minnie

Yup. Why?

- Lay ge

Sighing to herself, she typed a reply and tossed her phone on the bed. 

To: Lay ge 

Let's go out again! Is 10 fine? 

- Minnie

Looking around the room, she sighed again and tried to remember what it looked like, before going overseas for who knows how long. 

Remembering that Luhan was coming over soon, Ju Min stood up from the bed and went into her kitchen to prepare something for him. Looking through her fridge, she saw some chocolate bars and a few sweets. 

Looking her cupboard, she found a fondue set and took it out.

* Well, since we both like chocolate and I have a few bars, why not? *Ju Min shrugged. 

Taking the bar of chocolate, she roughly chopped them while she took out a saucepan and heated the heavy cream over medium heat.

After chopping the chocolate, she placed them in a medium-sized glass bowl and went ahead and cut the apples and bananas into chunks and plucked some seedless grapes from its vines. 

Putting the fruits into separate bowls, Ju Min watched as the heavy cream started to boil. Removing it from the heat, she slowly poured the cream into the chocolate while whisking it at a constant speed.

At that moment, Ju Min heard a faint click from the door as it opened and closed. 

" Mei? " Luhan called out. 

" In the kitchen! " Ju Min replied as she tried to light the candle for the fondue pot. After lighting it, she slowly poured the chocolate mix into the pot and placed it on a tray with the fruits, biscuits and marshmallows. 

" Luhan! " Ju Min called for her brother. He turned around and saw her coming out of the kitchen with the tray in her hands and helped her carry it to the living room table.

" What drinks do you want? " Ju Min asked, looking at him.

" Anything. " Luhan replied. Ju Min took out a carton of apple juice and two tall glasses and filled it three-quarters of the way full. 

" Here. " Ju Min placed her glass on the table and gave Luhan the other glass. He received it with both hands and muttered a 'thanks' before sipping on it.

" So what do you want to talk about? " Luhan asked and placed the glass on the table and took a skewer to pick up a piece of strawberry and dipped it into the chocolate.

" Not that I don't mind. But you hardly call for me. Even when we were children. " Luhan noted.

Ju Min sat down on the couch and bit her lip. " I'm moving. " She forced out and Luhan looked at her. 

" Really? What's your new address? " Luhan innocently asked. 

" No. Not that moving. I'm being stationed in LA for an indefinite amount of time. " Ju Min clarified and Luhan looked at her with wide eyes. 

" When? " He asked. 

" Tomorrow night. Grandfather's making the arrangements. Someone else will take over my position as your protector, from tomorrow onwards. " Ju Min said and she reached for the skewer.

" Does he know? " Luhan asked and Ju Min froze mid-way. 

" No. Not yet. I'll tell him tomorrow. " Ju Min shook her head and took the skewer and picked up a marshmallow.  She dipped it into the chocolate and ate the whole piece in one bite. 

" Anything else that you want to tell me? " Luhan asked and Ju Min averted her gaze. Luhan saw that she was avoiding him and knew there was something else. 

" Tell me. " Luhan ordered. Ju Min pretended to ignore him and just continued to chew on the treat.

" Xi Fei Shi. Don't ignore the question. Something's wrong, and you're not telling! " Luhan stared at Ju Min as she swallowed the food in . 

" Grandfather, he... asked me to break it off with him. I don't wish to, but I can't. He'll know. " Ju Min whispered. Luhan's eyes widened at their grandfather's wish. 

" Doesn't grandfather know better. I can't believe him! I'll go talk to him now. " Luhan stood up immediately but Ju Min pulled him back down. 

" No! Don't go after him! Just let me do this on my own. " Ju Min pleaded. 

" How? He's playing with matters of the heart! " Luhan exclaimed in anger. 

" If I cause anymore damage, the more grandfather would be stubborn! Once I turn 18 in two months, I can finally quit TWA! Isn't that what you want? " Ju Min held onto the hem of Luhan's cardigan. 

He stoppedtrying to get out of Ju Min's grasp and looked at her. 

Her eyes were almost puffy and red and he could see tears forming in her eyes. 

" Alright. I'll let you do whatever you want. Just promise me, that you'll quit this soon. " Luhan requested. 

" I promise. " Ju Min held out her pinky finger and Luhan intertwined his with hers, sealing the promise.