023

Undercover Agent a.k.a You

" XI FEI SHI!! I KNOW YOU'RE INSIDE!! STOP STALLING FOR TIME!! " Luhan shouted from outside her bedroom door. He had managed to get into her house, even after changing her passcode. Too easy then. 

" FIVE MORE MINUTES, GE!! " Ju Min shouted from behind the door. She took one last look in the mirror before grabbing her rose corsage and going out the door. 

Ju Min was wearing a black, floor-length dress with a glittery one shoulder strap. Her hair was dyed a shade of blue that was close to black and it was in a simple waterfall braid. 

" I'm out now! " Ju Min told her brother who was waiting for her. She grabbed her purse from the dining table and went to put on a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes. 

" I'm jealous of Lay now. " Luhan admitted after seeing his sister. " Why? " Ju Min looked at her brother. " He gets you. As a date. " Luhan said. 

" and you get Myung Hee. As a date and a girlfriend. " Ju Min smirked and she could see Luhan blushing. " Yah!! Fei Shi!! " Luhan could not contain his smile even after leaving the apartment. 

Ju Min shook her head and patted Danika's head. She closed the main door and it auto locked. Dragging Luhan down to the carpark, she pushed him into her white maserati granturismo, her birthday present last year from Woohyun. 

In no time at all, they arrived at The Shilla, where their junior dance was held. And right infront of the lobby was the rest of Exo-M and Myung Hee. 

Luhan got out of the car first and Ju Min handed the keys to the valet parker and joined the rest of them. 

" Ju Min!! You're finlly here!! It was so awkward being with them!! " Myung Hee attacked Ju Min in a bear hug which almost made her fall if it weren't for Luhan's fast reflexes.

" Yes, I'm here, Hee. I thought that you would attack my brother first. " Ju Min said but she shook her head. " I can hug my boyfriend anytime. " Myung Hee unconsciously blurted out and she immediately covered while the rest of Exo-M looked at Luhan with raised eyebrows. 

" Boyfriend? Since when did hyung get a girlfriend? " Kris asked. " Since her party. " Ju Min answered for Luhan and the couple blushed. 

" JU MIN/ MEI MEI!! " The couple shouted and blushed again. 

" I want to get a girlfriend too!! " Tao complained. Then he spotted Ju Min smiling. 

" If I can't get a girlfriend, mei mei would be my girlfriend. " Tao cheekily said and hugged Ju Min which caused Lay's eyes to twitch. 

In less than a second, Lay snatched Ju Min away from the maknae and glared at him. 

" I would appreciate it if you would stop flirting with my date today. " Lay said and Tao winced while the others looked at him. 

" Date? Without my permission? " A voice said from nowhere and the group turned to see Exo-K.

Sehun stepped forward, and boy did he look mad. He pointed an accusing finger at his hyung. " Lay hyung!! How can you steal my Minnie away from me?! " the younger ended up whining. 

Ju Min raised her eyebrows in surprise as she did not expect him to whine, but actually be angry. Suddenly, she felt an arm snake around her waist and she looked up to see Lay's smug expression. 

" Sorry maknae. First come first serve. " Lay joking said which made Ju Min elbow him. 

" First come first serve?! What am I? An object?! " Ju Min crossed her arms and tapped her feet. 

" No. " Lay shrunk back under Ju Min's electrical gaze. 

Just then, his scared expression turned into a sarcastic smirk and wrapped his arms around her waist again. 

" But you're my object. " He cooed and Ju Min just shook her head as some members shouted in protest.

" Alright, alright!! Enough with the bickering and let's go inside. It's getting cold. " Ju Min started rubbing her arms, trying to create warmth and Lay took off his blazer and draped it around Ju Min's shoulders. 

" KYAAAA!!!! SO CUTE!!!! " Myung Hee and Baekhyun cooed together while Luhan just rubbed his temple while seeing his date being with another guy. 

" Hands off, Baekhyun. " Luhan growled possessively. Baekhyun had no choice but to retreat his hands from Myung Hee who was stolen away by Luhan. 

" Let's go! " Ju Min said and led the group into the hotel ballroom. 

---

" Woah... " The entire group gasped but Ju Min just looked around without saying anything. 

" Why aren't you surprised? " Luhan asked.

" I came here before. Once. But since I have a photographic memory, I could remember the way here easily. " Ju Min explained. 

Not long, the deejay started the dance with some upbeat music. Looking around everywhere, Ju Min could see the EXO boys dancing around like fools. Shaking her head, she made her way to the buffet table and poured herself some punch. 

Sipping on her drink, she looked around the room to see the boys mingling instead of dancing. Just then, she noticed that the door to the terrace was open and a curiosity got the better of her, she walked towards it. 

The moment she stepped through the door, she was greeted by the gentle rays of the moon and when she looked up, she coul see the stars shining. 

" So this is where you went. " A voice called out and Ju Min turned around to see Lay leaning against the door frame. 

" Ge. " Ju Min said and Lay walked towards her. 

" Why are you out? " Lay asked. 

" It's colder inside than outside. " Ju Min lied. 

" Liar. " Lay commented and Ju Min chuckled. 

" Fresh air. And this spot is the best place to see the gardens. " Ju Min truthfully said this time.

Lay raised his eyebrows but joined her at the railings of the terrace. Together they looked downwards towards the gardens. Just s they were admiring the scene, the deejay played a slow song. Lay chuckled and held out his hand towards Ju Min. " May I? " 

Ju Min also chuckled but nodded and placed her hand in his. " Of course. " 

The both of them made their way to the middle of the terrace and started dancing to the slow song. 

" You know Ju Min? " Lay started and Ju Min looked at him. 

" It's been 6 months since you came to this school. and in these 6 months, it has been wild and chaotic. " Lay jokingly said. 

" But also in these 6 months, I've finally patched up and created new memories after leaving you for China, there's also something that I would like to say. " Lay confessed. Ju Min looked up and met his gentle and loving gaze and she figured out what he wanted to say. 

* Oh no... Not now... Don't say- * " I love you. " Lay said from the bottom of his heart and Ju Min knew she had lost. " I don't love you as a sister, a friend, or any other thing. But I love you as a woman. " 

Ju Min closed her eyes and forced herself to ignore his words. * I can't. I'm sorry. I can't. * But she just couldn't bring herself to say it out loud. 

" No... " she finally forced out and Lay looked at her, worried. " No? " He echoed. 

" I'm sorry. I can't do this. I'm not supposed to. " Ju Min admitted and Lay looked heartbroken. 

" Why? " Did she not like him? Did she have someone else? Did she already have a boyfriend?! 

" I'm an agent. I was given a mission to protect you. There were rules, and one of them was to not fall in love with you. " Ju Min revealed. * If grandfather finds out, I'm so dead. *

" Why didn't you say so? " Lay asked. 

" I wasn't supposed to say this too. Rules. " Ju Min said. Lay tilted her chin upwards so that she will be looking at him. 

" Pabo. I don't care if you're an agent or not. I'll still love you. " Lay smiled. 

" But the rules— " Lay cut into Ju Min's sentence. 

" Forget the rules. Forget the mission. Forget the job. " Lay whispered and leaned in. 

" I can't. " Ju Min tried pulling back but Lay held on tightly to her waist. 

" You can. Trust me. " With that, Lay crashed his lips against hers and both of them shut their eyes tight. 

* Just forget the rules and mission for once, Ju Min!! * For the first time, Ju Min kissed back and she could feel Lay smile through the kiss. 

Lay the bottom of her lips and she parted them, letting his tongue slip through as Ju Min responded with her own. Slowly, Lay pulled back and gaze into Ju Min's eyes. 

" Saranghae. " He whispered and Ju Min hugged him. " Nado saranghae. " 

---

A click sound was made as Woohyun stopped the recorder. 

" Perfect. " He took off his mask and looked at the recorder and camera in his hands. 

" You don't know the true meaning of TWA until now. I'm disappointed in you. " Woohyun shook his head and fled into the darkness.. 

---

Ello! I'm surprised that Chapter 22 got quite little comments. 

I thought that there would be quite a number of LayMin ships. 

Oh well! A poll for you guys! ^^