022

Undercover Agent a.k.a You

A month had passed since the incident at the pool. The boys found out that the person who pushed Ju Min into the pool was Soo Jin and Ju Min's grandfather had expelled her from school in order for the mission to go smoother. Or, slightly smoother. 

" Oh. Se. Hun. You better give that back to me now. " Ju Min spat each word out. Sehun had decided to take Ju Min's phone and he was really having fun going through her messages. 

" If I say no? I'm having fun reading all the texts you have in here. " Sehun smirked while scrolling down the long list of messages.  " Last chance, Sehun. Give it back and no one gets hurts. " Ju Min warned. But Sehun acted as if he did not hear Ju Min and he even had the audacity to whistle and walk around the dorm. 

* That's it! * Ju Min just gave up and chased him around the whole apartment. " SEHUN!! YOU BETTER RUN!! " Ju Min shouted as she chased Sehun around the place.

" Give it back!!! " Ju Min made a desperate grab for her phone but Sehun was faster and ran past her. Thinking logically, Ju Min stopped running and went to hide behind the kitchen door. 

Sehun, noticing that Ju Min was no where to be seen, became tired and parched and made his way to the kitchen to get a glass of cold water to drink. Hearing the footsteps, Ju Min pounced on Sehun and grabbed her phone away. 

" HA!! Got it! " Ju Min check her phone and realized that Sehun was reading the messages she was sharing with Luhan. Fortunately, most of their conversations were in Mandarin, so it was hard to understand. * I have got to change this password of mine. * 

Going to the settings application, Ju Min went to change her password from a simple four-digit code, to a slightly more longer one and harder to guess. * Good! Now they would not be able to guess it! * 

Ju Min smiled to herself and slipped the phone into the pocket of her denim cut-offs. 

" Hey, weren't you supposed to meet with Lay for your, date? " Baekhyun teased and Ju Min blushed. Kai looked up with a crestfallen face, but tried to hide it as best as he could. 

" It's not a date! We're just going for a dance practice! " Ju Min reasoned. * Which I partially count as a date since he said he wants to take me out to dinner later. * Ju Min added in her mind. 

" Right... " Baekhyun teased again and Ju Min rolled her eyes, before it landed on a kitchen knife. She eyed it and Baekhyun noticed where she was looking at and darted back to his room in fear. " I SAID NOTHING! " He shouted from behind the door. 

Ju Min shook her head and left their dorm and went back to her home to prepare for her 'date'. 

---

Upon reaching back to the apartment, Ju Min changed out from her shorts and graphic tee, to a pair of purple ombre harem pants and a white crop top. 

Wearing her socks, Ju Min ran to her closet to pick out a pair of skinny jeans and a black-and-white blouse with studded collars. 

Once that was placed in her bag along with her towel and perfume, she ran out and wore her Nike shoes and dashed out of the house. 

Ju Min ran to her car and dumped her bag in the back seat and saw a paper bag there. She took it and peeked inside to find a box with a letter. 

Hope you like these shoes. I had a hard time picking it for your date. ;)

- Xihan

* Thank goodness for ge. * She opened the box and found a pair of Christian Louboutin heels. She gingerly placed it back in the box and into the bag before driving off to the meeting point. 

Ten minutes later, Ju Min reached the dance studio that they were planning on using and found Lay already stretching. 

" Am I late? " Ju Min asked while walking through the door, holding the bags. 

" Nope. I just arrived a little earlier before you. " Lay said while doing back stretches. Ju Min nodded and placed her bags down before tying it up into a messy ponytail. Meanwhile, Lay was eyeing Ju Min long neck as she was tying up her hair and momentarily forgot about his stretching. 

He forced his saliva down his throat and shook his head, confused at the feeling he was having. Once Ju Min was done tying her hair, she stood up and stretched. 

Five minutes after stretching, they finally started their practice. 

" Why are we here again? " Ju Min asked Lay. 

" We're entering a dance competition. " Lay replied and Ju Min just stare at him. * You expect me to protect all six of you when I'm just protecting you. Really?! *

" What dance do you want to do? " Ju Min asked. 

" Tango. " He simply replied. 

* Did he just? * " Tango?! As in, like ballroom dancing? " Ju Min squeaked and Lay nodded. 

In the blink of an eye, Lay pulled her and did a soft dip and their faces inched closer. Because of this action, Ju Min let out a small gasp as Lay threatened to move closer. " Problem? " He whispered and Ju Min shook her head. " Good. " 

He helped her stand up properly and went to the speaker to blast some music.

But after an hour of practice, shouting could be heard. 

" ZHANG YI XING!! " Ju Min fumed as she watched the latter prance about the dance studio instead of focusing on the dance itself. 

" Fine!! One last round. " Lay promised. He started the music and they got into positions. Finally when it was time for the dip, Lay went extra close and Ju Min froze this time. * He's so close now. * 

At the moment, the competition did not seem to matter anymore. The sound of the music was being blocked out by the loud thumping of their hearts. Ju Min just clung onto Lay tightly, lest she wants to fall. 

Bit by bit, Lay found himself going closer and closer to Ju Min. Now, it was up to the point where their noses are touching. Ju Min stood rooted, not reacting to anything. * Does he want to...kiss me? No... Impossible. I'm an agent. Work always comes first!! * 

On the other hand, Lay was thinking the opposite. * What does her lips feel like? What am I saying... I love her, but I can't do this! Even though I want to...* Lay leaned a little closer but stopped. He knew it was wrong, and pulled back first while rubbing his neck awkwardly. 

" Go and wash up. And we'll go for dinner. " Lay instructed and Ju Min took her things and ran to the toilet, red-faced. 

" Got it. When Boss sees this, you are so out of the company. " A masked person snickered and left with a couple pictures of the both of them dancing, and their almost lip lock session. 

---

Half an hour later, they were on Ju Min's Porsche to the restaurant. " Mr Zhang. " The waiter bowed at him and he froze when he saw Ju Min. " Miss Kwon? " He waiter blinked his eyes. Lay looked at Ju Min and back to the waiter. * Miss Kwon? Does she know him? Looks like he knows her. *

" Oh! Hyeong Jae! " Ju Min's eyes brightened at the young man. " You work here now? " Ju Min asked and he nodded. " How's the company? " The said man, Hyeong Jae asked. " Fine. " 

Lay broke into their conversation by clearing his throat. " Minnie, you know him? " Ju Min nodded. " My ex-colleague. Both of us worked at an art company but he resigned. " Ju Min fibbed. " I see. " 

" Alright! Mr Zhang, Miss Kwon, this way. " Hyeong Jae led them to the VIP area where Lay booked. " Have a nice meal. " Hyeong Jae bowed and left them alone.

" You're not talking much. Jealous, Mr Zhang? " Ju Min teased and Lay looked at the menu. * Yes. * " Hardly. " He replied. Ju Min frowned at his answer. " Tch. Liar. " Ju Min muttered under her breath. 

" By the way, how did the waiter know you? He's so formal. " Ju Min noted. " This is owned by Kris hyung. His family specialises in food management. " Ju Min nodded her head in understanding. Lay looked at her and thought in his head. * Junior dance is coming up. It's now or never. * 

" Minnie. " Ju Min looked at Lay who was looking very nervous all of a sudden. " Shen me? [What?] " Ju Min asked.

" Junior dance is coming up. Would you? " Lay stopped in mid-sentence and started blushing. 

" Would? " Ju Min teased, fully knowing what he was going to ask. 

" Would you be my date? For the dance? " Lay shyly asked and turned away, causing Ju Min to chuckle. 

" Yes. Cause even if I don't, Lulu will storm up to my house with the girls and force me into a dress and make me go for the dance. " Ju Min cracked a smile. 

Lay exhaled in relief that Ju Min had accepted his request and was anticipating the day when Junior Dances come. 

---

" Positive. She's with him now. " The masked man said. 

" Good. Now that we have found her weak point, it's much easier to take her down. " A voice spoke over the other line. 

" Do not fail me like Minwoo. Alright?! " The voice spoke a little harsher this time. 

" I promise I will not fail you and betray you like what that mute did, master. " The masked person said. 

" Good. Now get back to work as a double agent, Nam Woohyun. " The person spoke and Woohyun took of his mask. " Will do. " 

He looked at Ju Min who was eating with Lay and his smirk fell. * I'm sorry. I love you, but I'm doing this with a reason that I must not tell you. * 

He looked at her peaceful figure once more before he left the place.