027

Undercover Agent a.k.a You

One month later...

" Jung Kook! Where are the reports that I asked from you? " Ju Min shouted to her Korean colleague. 

" Noona can you wait? " Jung Kook asked while searching his table for the report that was due in a few hours. He had to pass them to Ju Min who was supposed to look over them before sending it to the CEO of the LA branch. 

After searching under a few piles of paper and folders, he finally found it.

" Noona!! " Jung Kook ran to Ju Min and gave her the folder. Ju Min accepted the folder and hit his head with it. " I asked this for you an hour ago and I kept giving you constant reminders. And every time you would ask me to wait. Just how messy is your table this time? "

Ju Min walked ahead to his table and found it almost overflowing with papers and folders. Ju Min turned to look at Jung Kook with a glare.

" You didn't clean up again, did you? " Ju Min crossed her arms and looked at the younger. Jung Kook scratched the back of his neck and laughed.

Sighing, Ju Min shook her head and looked at her junior. " Seriously... " She muttered under her breath.

With the folder, she went back to her own room and looked through the folder. Halfway through reading, she received a text message from her friend.

To: Ju Min

From: Natalie

Hey gurl! You up for coffee now? It's almost lunch.

- Nat

Smiling, Ju Min quickly typed a reply.

To: Natalie

From: Ju Min

Have things to look over. Supposed to be done a few hours ago, but maknae 'misplaced' it.

- Ju Min

Jung Kook was the youngest agent in the LA branch, but not in TWA. Even though he has yet to turn sixteen, he was a child prodigy in forensic science.

A buzzing sound from her phone told Ju Min that Natalie had replied her.

To: Ju Min

From: Natalie

Doesn't matter. Bring it along if you have to. Can't let my baby girl suffer from stress. I'll wait for you at Starbucks near the company.

-Nat

" Well... since she said I could bring the folder. Why not? " Ju Min kept her phone in her pocket and packed the folder in her bag. While packing the rest of her things, Ju Min saw the picture taken more than a month back on her table.

Picking the photo frame up, she used her thumb and traced over it.

" It's been a month now, ge. I'm adapting well, are you? " She asked the picture.

" I miss you. " Ju Min felt tears in her eyes as it drip onto his face. The person whom she was forced to leave behind in Korea.

---

Elsewhere back in Korea...

" KYAAA!! LUHAN OPPA SO CUTE! "

" LAY GE, PLEASE DATE ME! "

" BAEKHYUN OPPA, WHY HAVE YOU GOTTEN CUTER?! "

" KAI OPPA LOOK HERE! "

Hoards of fan girls gathered at the entrance of the school and greeted the Exo boys who came to school together.

" Good morning! "

" All of you have gotten cuter as well! "

" Yes. Yes! I'll look! "

The boys greeted the girls back. All except for one. All the boys turned to look at Lay who just walked forward with an uninterested face, clearly not bothered by any of the girls.

" He's been like that for a month already. " Luhan whispered to the others.

" After Ju Min left, he just became a robot. Waking up and going to school, study, eat, then go home again. We hardly see him now. " Baekhyun added in.

" Even when I asked him to join Kai hyung and I to go dancing, he refused. " Sehun chimed.

" But mei's also not at fault. I pulled her into this mess. If I hadn't said yes to grandfather's suggestion, Lay would not be like this. " Luhan said.

" But remember. If Min wasn't an agent, she and Lay hyung would not have reunited, and you would not have found your parents. " D.O said. Everyone nodded and agreed with D.O. They turned back to look at Lay who was still walking to his locker.

" EVERYBODY CLEAR, CAUSE PARK HANEUL IS HERE! " Three obnoxious voices called out and the fangirls cleared the way to let the 'queen' enter.

Ever since Soo Jin was expelled, the second most popular girl in school, Park Haneul, took over her place. She too, was also aiming for Lay.

When she saw Ju Min and Soo Jin fighting with knives in the cafeteria, she knew Ju Min would not be an easy rival to remove. When Soo Jin was expelled and Ju Min and Lay got together, Haneul kept a low profile in order not to get on Ju Min's bad side.

However, when Ju Min left a month ago, Haneul revealed her true colours and had everyone become her servants and slaves.

" Oh look... Plastic queen is here. " Sehun snickered. The rest of the boys also smiled. Even Lay who managed to hear Sehun's remark cracked a smile. 

Scanning around, Haneul found her target and walked towards him.

" YIXING GE!!! " Her high-pitched voice echoed n the hallway, causing everyone to cringe. * When did I allow her or anyone besides my girlfriend to call me that? * Lay thought as the girl pranced towards him.

" Yixing ge, do you want to hang out today after school? " Hanuel stuck herself to Lay. 

" I have no time. I have work to do. " Lay flatly rejected.

" What work do you have that is more important than me? " Hanuel pouted. 

" Everything else is important to me. You're not even on my list. " Lay said. 

" Yixing ge! That's mean. " Hanuel whined and Sehun instinctively covered her ears. 

" Oh god! Where are the ear plugs? My ears are crying out in pain! " Sehun cried out in mock pain and Hanuel glared at him.

" You're so mean, Sehun oppa. " Hanuel scrunched up her nose in displeasure. 

" Since when am I your oppa? If I remember clearly, you're older than me, noona. " Sehun stuck out her tongue and her frown grew deeper. 

" Now..now... You don't want to do that, Hanuel. You don't want your nose to be out of shape, do you? " Luhan smiled. 

Hanuel's face grew red from Luhan's remark, and it's not because she used a lot of blusher. 

" Luhan!! " Hanuel shrieked. 

" Just Luhan? Where's the 'ge' behind it. Are you being rude to your seniors now? " Luhan raised his eyebrows. 

" Please learn your honorific and terms correctly.  Or at least know how old you are. Don't call someone younger you 'oppa', and be formal to your elders. " Xiumin scolded.

Hanuel didn't say anything but just nodded. Just when they thought it was over, Hanuel spoke up again. 

" Why do you guys keep aiming at me? Humiliating me? Scolding me? When that woman, Ju Min was around, you guys kept your mouth shut! " 

" What's so good about that brutish hag?! Is she that pretty? Is she that talented?! " Hanuel asked. 

" Ju Min isn't like you, Park Hanuel. " A voice spoke from the entrance. 

The students saw who is it and parted. 

" It's Choi Soo Jin! "

" Wasn't she expelled already? " 

" Did she change? " 

" I may not have the right to say this, but she is a lot better than you, Park Hanuel. " Soo Jin said. 

" You're what they call, a two-face . " Soo Jin crossed her arms. 

" Like you aren't one. " Hanuel glared. 

" Is your family like mine? Do your parents pay attention to you unlike mine? Don't joke with me here, Park Hanuel! " Soo Jin raised her voice. 

" I have to thank Ju Min. It was because of her that my parents paid attention to me. It wasn't good attention, but a scolding is good enough for me to they care. " Soo Jin smiled, and the boys knows it was really sincere this time. 

" Exo, after how I've treated Ju Min, I'm sorry. I don't deserve your forgiveness, but know that I've really changed for the better. " Soo Jin bowed at the boys. 

" As for this school, I have no plans on returning. I will be migrating to France until I graduate college. " Soo Jin informed.

" For the time I'm gone, I really hope you would open your fake eyes and see the error of your ways, Hanuel. You'll suffer if you continue acting like this. Be happy that you have a family to give you what you want, rather than fighting for it, and not get what you want. " Soo Jin smiled and left the school grounds. 

---

" Hyung, you sure you don't want to go with us? You'll be at school alone, though. " Sehun looked at who Lay who shook his head. 

" I want to stay to practice something. " Lay said. The boys looked at each other warily but nodded. 

" Be safe. " Sehun said and ran to join the rest of the boys. 

Lay smiled and nodded before turning to go back into campus grounds. 

Just then, a man in a black suit came from no where and struck Lay from behind, knocking him out. 

Taking out his phone, he called his accomplice.

" Got him. Bait's set. Now to wait for the big fish to be reeled in. " The man said while trying to drag Lay into a black van.