An Addition

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

The next day, Sungyeol was completely ecstatic all by himself. He left his house and came to school in a sparkling mood, confusing everyone around him.

“Yah, Lee Sungyeol! You’re acting funny today,” Seungyeon commented as she approached him.

He giggled like a pre-pubescent girl and asked, “Am I, really? I just feel a lot… happier today, that’s all!”

She raised an eyebrow. “You’re a lot more than happy, Yeol. You’re not on drugs, are you?!”

He gasped. “Me?! On drugs?!

“Or maybe you just had a few extra shots of coffee,” she reasoned.

He sighed happily. “Well, coffee’s part of the reason.”

She stared him in the eyes. “Tell me, tell me, tell me!” she demanded. “What happened?! Your attitude is seriously starting to scare me!”

“Yesterday,” he began with a high pitched squeak in his voice, “I went to my locker and someone had put coffee in it! And, and, and – they left a note saying that they liked me!” He finished the last word with a squeal.

Seungyeon shook her head. “You’re hopeless, Yeol. Our school’s very own love doctor doesn’t know how to act.”

He shrugged. “I know about love, but I’ve never experienced it.”

“How the hell do you qualify as a doctor then?” she asked incredulously.

He winked. “That’s a secret.”

“You bribed Sunggyu, didn’t you?”

“Shhh!” he hushed violently. “Secrets are supposed to stay quiet!”

She giggled as she petted his head. “Aigoo, you’re cute when you’re love-struck. Who’s the lucky girl?”

He opened his mouth and then closed it. “Actually, I’m not really sure yet.  There wasn’t a name on the note.”

Seungyeon squealed as she jumped up and down. “Oh my goodness, Lee Sungyeol’s got a secret admirer!” she shrieked.

This, of course, every girl in the class heard.

This, of course, made all of the girls in their homeroom to crowd around him.

This, of course, suffocated him.

Myungsoo sighed as he watched the love doctor be flocked by excited girls. Sure, having a secret admirer was cute to girls, but the way the overreacted was just plain annoying. Sometimes, Myungsoo wasn’t even sure if he liked girls anymore.

He jumped in shock when a hand was placed on his shoulder.

Hoya laughed. “No worries man, it’s only me. I wanted to ask why there were girls around Sungyeol’s desk.”

Myungsoo sighed as his heart restarted. “Aish, you scared me… the girls are excited about Sungyeol’s new secret admirer.”

“Sungyeol’s got a secret admirer?”

Myungsoo nodded as he opened the cap to his bottle of water and took a sip. Hoya glanced at Sungyeol, who was being ogled over by girls.

“But,” Hoya started, “I thought he was dating Sungjong.”

Myungsoo’s water just seemed to explode out of his mouth and onto the back of Sungyeol’s head as he began to choke violently. Sungyeol, whose shoulders had scrunched up as he felt the water on the back of his head, turned around eerily slowly.

“Did you… just spray water all over me?” he hissed, his eyes menacing.

But of course, Myungsoo was neither nervous nor fazed one bit.

Wiping the spit from the corner of his mouth, he replied, “Yeah. I did spray water all over you. Problem?”

Sungyeol huffed at Myungsoo’s stoic personality. It annoyed him so much that someone could just go around doing things so non-chalantly.

“Oh, oppa, I have tissues~!” one of the girls said, pulling out her purse.

Once again, the girls all began to fondle over Sungyeol, leaving Myungsoo to talk with Hoya.

“Sungjong and Sungyeol,” he said, wheezing heavily, “are absolutely not dating.”

 Hoya raised an eyebrow. “But they were so affectionate and touchy at lunch! I thought they were a couple, or something.”

Myungsoo shook his head. “No, Sungjong is just naturally touchy, especially with his friends. And Sungjong is Sungyeol’s favorite doengsaeng, so he’s really affectionate with him, too.”

“Have you known them for a long time?”

“No. I just… observe these things.”

“Well, it sounds like you’ve been friends for a while.”

“Nah, it’s just Sunggyu, Sungyeol, and Sungjong,” he chuckled. “Woohyun, too, since he’s Sunggyu’s other half.”

“Oh,” was all Hoya replied.

Meanwhile, Sungyeol was still cleaning the remains of Myungsoo’s water infused spit from the nape of his neck.

“Ew, this is so gross,” he whined as she touched a wet spot on his neck.

Seungyeon grinned as she wiped it off with a tissue. “Your reaction was cute,” she commented.

He grimaced. “I don’t think the epitome of hard-core manliness can be considered cute,” he retorted.

She giggled. “Oh, my gosh, that was adorable!”

He pouted as the girls kept giggling and asking questions.

“Oppa, do you know what grade level they’re in?”

He shivered as Seungyeon hit a sensitive spot in his neck. “No, not necessarily – all that the note said was ‘I like you.’

One girl squealed. “Kyak, it’s so cute that Yeollie has a secret admirer! It’s a girl, right?”

“I think so. Either that, or it’s a boy with pretty handwriting.”

“Is there someone you really wished liked you?” a girl with big eyes questioned.

Sungyeol briefly glanced at Hoya, and backed to her. “Um, not that I know of.”

But girls were girls, and they picked up on every single tiny detail when it came to relationships. So they definitely saw Sungyeol’s little glance.

“Oh-em-gee, it’s Hoya isn’t it?!” one whispered fiercely, an excited twinkle in her eyes.

He shushed her violently and shoved a tissue in .

“SHUT UP!” he hissed under his breath. “It is most certainly not Hoya, thank you,” he retorted.

Seungyeon chuckled. “It totally is, isn’t it Yeol?”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Sure, I want to get to know him better, but no romantic relations at all! Besides, the handwriting in my locker was from a girl!”

One girl scoffed. “That girl’s an idiot. Everyone knows that the whole staff in the Love Hospital is gay!”

Sungyeol shrugged. “I guess I’ll just have to let her down easy.”

“Or, you could just become straight,” a voice behind them said.

Sungyeol turned and faced Myungsoo. “You’d know the best about being straight, wouldn’t you?”

“I know the best about relationships,” he countered.

“No, I do!” Sungyeol retorted. “I’m the love doctor, after all!”

Myungsoo grinned boyishly, his eyes shrinking for a brief second before he held up three fingers.

“I’ve been in three relationships, Yeol,” he said mockingly with a slight chuckle, “how have you been in, again?”

Sungyeol pouted as he looked at the floor. “…none,” he mumbled.

“I thought so,” Myungsoo grinned in victory. “So, tell me – how did you become a love doctor?”

“He bribed Sunggyu,” Seungyeon conveniently announced.

Myungsoo laughed as Sungyeol slapped a hand over , his menacing eyes boring into hers.

“Shhh!” he hissed harshly as she stifled multiple giggles.

He turned back to Myungsoo, surprisingly calm.

“By the way,” he added, “are you coming after school today, too? I feel like we should discuss a lot more. We’ve barely been talking about your feelings lately, and I think that might be a problem.”

“Why would it be a problem?” he asked with his constant smirk.

“Because, I need to know how you constantly feel through all of this – just to keep you in check, you know?”

“No, I don’t know,” he replied.

The girls around Sungyeol giggled, entertained by the small argue that was sprouting.

“You’re so annoying!” Sungyeol retorted.

“Wow, that must be the greatest comeback I’ve ever heard in my life,” he replied with monotone sarcasm, “I can’t thank you enough for making my day, Lee Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol grinned and said with a shrug, “Well, not everyone can be as perfect as me, could they?”

“Yes – because everyone wants to have toilet paper hanging from their pants.”

Sungyeol glared at him. “I thought I told you to never mention that again!”

“You didn’t tell me a thing,” he said with an amused chuckled.

“Why are you such a loser?” Sungyeol asked with an irritated hint in his tone.

Myungsoo put a glorious smirk on his face. “I think you shouldn’t talk to yourself so loudly, Yeol,” he teased, even using his nickname.

Sungyeol’s jaw dropped in shock. “What?! Take that back you lollipop--scumbag!”

Myungsoo looked around confusedly. “I’m sorry, were you talking to me?”

“Who else?!”

“Someone with a lollipop in their mouth,” he answered. “As you can see, I forgot my candy supply today.”

Sungyeol glared at his mouth, which indeed, was not harboring a lollipop. He stared angrily at his perfectly sculpted, plump, soft, pink lips.

He blinked and shook his head.

Why in the name of Americano coffee would he ever think such things?!

Snapping back to reality, he pulled out a coffee flavored lollipop from his pocket, unwrapped it, and shoved it into Myungsoo’s startled face. He forced it into his mouth, which made Myungsoo choke.

“Agh! You stupid, crazy bastard!” he spat as he choked on his coffee flavored spit.

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. “See? Now you’re a lollipop--scumbag,” he reasoned.

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes and continued eating the candy. After a few seconds he pulled it out with a look of disgust on his face.

“Ew, is this coffee flavored?”

And, of course, Sungyeol exploded into a whole rant about how coffee was the greatest thing in the world and that the human race could never live without its existence.

And, of course, Myungsoo pretended to listen.

 

“Sungyeol-ah!” Sunggyu cried as Sungyeol entered the office.

“Hi, hyung,” he answered with grin.

“So, how was your day?” he asked as he shuffled some papers that Sungjong left on his desk.

“Eh, it was okay. I had to lecture Myungsoo on the importance of coffee, but there was nothing special.”

Sunggyu laughed. “And how long did this rant of yours last?”

“Well,” he said thoughtfully, “it started this morning a few minutes before homeroom started. And it ended… five minutes ago, actually.”

“And, he’s coming into see you later today, isn’t that right?” Sunggyu chuckled.

“Very correct,” Sungyeol responded.

Sunggyu laughed and heaved a sigh as he glance through the papers. “Aish, I think we should hire another doctor. The appointments just keep piling up and we’ve got a long waiting line. We need to hire a third doctor soon, or we might have to reject people.”

“Why don’t we make Sungjong a doctor?” the tall boy suggested.

Sunggyu shook his head. “No, Sungjong’s the assistant. It’s not easy to find someone who’s as good as making coffee and filing papers as well as he does. Besides – you and I both know that his solution to everything is to feed everyone lemon candy.”

“True, true… so, who do we hire?”

At that moment, Sungjong and Myungsoo burst into the room at the same time, followed by a girl who seemed slightly frazzled.

“Um… may we help you?” Sunggyu asked slowly.

“I believe you can,” Sungjong stated. “This girl came up to me and said that she signed up for an appointment three weeks ago and still hasn’t gotten a response. And Myungsoo… well, he’s here because he’s a loner and has no friends,” Sungjong said gruffly as he glared at the ravenette.

Myungsoo gave him a look that personified the saying ‘what the hell?’ and just rolled his eyes. Sunggyu stared at Sungjong a bit before turning towards the girl with an apologetic smile.

“Hi, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. We’ve been extremely booked lately and overloaded and we’ve been letting things slip. I apologize on behalf of the whole staff here.”

She only nodded understandingly and bowed as a thank you.

“So, while you’re here, why don’t we just talk now?” Sunggyu suggested. “You’ll be able to get the advice of both me and Sungyeol! However, if you’d like a private meeting, Sungyeol or I can help you.”

She smiled. “I’m fine just saying out now.”

“That’s very good, um – what was your name, miss?”

She smiled. “Hye Ju. Ryu Hye Ju,” she answered.

“Well, Hye Ju,” Sunggyu said, sitting down on a nearby chair, “what seems to be the problem?”

She sighed. “Well, there’s a guy I have a crush on. I really, really like him, but he’s always really mean to me. He calls me fat, pinches my arms and even pulls my hair sometimes. He glares at me while he does it, so it scares me. I’ve got a huge crush on him, but with the way he treats me, should I move on?”

Sunggyu and Sungyeol glanced at each other with wide eyes. Never, in the years that they had counseled, had they ever come across a problem like this. Not only that, but they didn’t really know how to handle it.

“Um…” Sungyeol started, “well, if that’s the way he treats you, then you should probably move on–”

“What’s his name?” Myungsoo interjected suddenly, interrupting Sungyeol.

Hye Ju looked towards him. “His name is Park Ji Ho. He’s the co-captain of the–”

“–the soccer team, I know,” Myungsoo said, cutting her off. “I know the guy – he’s… different, I’ll tell you that. And you say that he likes to be mean to you?”

She nodded, eyes searching for answers.

“Well, to put it simply – he likes you.”

It seemed as if everyone in the room excluding Myungsoo blinked simultaneously.

“How… how can you tell?” Sunggyu asked, intrigued by his confident answer.

Myungsoo shrugged. “Easy. First off, straight guys – no offense to you gay ones, of course – are typically bad at expressing affection. They turn their liking towards someone into teasing them.”

“But… why?” Sungjong asked.

Myungsoo replied, “It’s because they want attention. Think of it as an annoying little boy that throws sticks at you so that you’d look at him. It’s kind of the same with teenage guys, but instead of sticks, they tease and bully you. So, Hye Ju, to answer your question – no, you should not move on, because he definitely likes you.”

Hye Ju gave him a look of pure gratefulness and gave him a tight hug.

“Oh my goodness – thank you so much! I had no clue! Now, I think instead of frowning when he’s mean to me, I’ll smile! Thank you so much!”

She ran out of the room with a wide grin on her face as the Love Hospital staff stared at Myungsoo incredulously.

“What?” he asked, glancing at their dumbstruck faces.

Sunggyu gave Sungyeol a knowing glance, and Sungyeol responded by making a look of disbelief and mouthing ‘no way!’ while Sungjong got distracted by his nails.

“Come on, Yeol,” Sunggyu whispered pleadingly, trying to keep their conversation discreet.

“No! Are you kidding?” Sungyeol whispered spitefully, “He’ll ruin it for all of us!”

“He won’t ruin it, Yeol! He’s obviously got some skills in this and we need another hand!”

“But Gyu, it’s Myungsoo for goodness sakes!”

“Well, where are we going to find someone else who can read situations like he can?!”

Sungyeol pouted– an obvious sign that he was defeated.

“So, do we agree?” Sunggyu asked for good measure.

Sungyeol huffed. “Fine. But – he can’t start right away! He has to go through some sort of training first!”

Sunggyu nodded, accepting the compromise without hesitation. Then, he turned towards Myungsoo, who had been watching the whole thing with an amused eye.

“Kim Myungsoo,” Sunggyu stated, “how would you like to become a love doctor?”

Sungjong’s jaw dropped as his eyes widened immensely and Myungsoo raised an eyebrow.

“Why me?”

“You can obviously read situations well, and we needed an extra hand around here anyways. We could really use your help.”

Myungsoo blinked. “Um… sure?”

“Then it’s official!” Sunggyu stated happily. “Kim Myungsoo, welcome to the Love Hospital!”

“Wait, just like that?” Myungsoo asked. “Becoming a love doctor can’t be that simple.”

“Well, no, it’s not,” Sungyeol said, obviously irritated. “You’re going to have to go under training or apprenticeship of some sort.”

“Whoa, training? Apprenticeship? What’s that supposed to even mean?”

Sunggyu took a deep breath. “Now, I know this might be overwhelming, since this is all happening very quickly, but we would really like for you to join our family.”

“Um, no we wouldn’t,” Sungjong interrupted, his diva-mode turning on.

“Yes,” Sunggyu continued, casting Sungjong a warning glance, “we would. We really need some help here, or we might have to close shop! Please, help us?” he asked, turning his ‘twinkly-hamster-mode’ on.

“Gyu!” Sungjong exclaimed, seeming to be reaching hysteria, “you can’t just add him to the staff! What about me and Yeol?! We didn’t just get put in so easily!”

“Yeah you did,” Sunggyu backfired. “You two bribed me with lemon candy and I needed the help so I said yes. But this is different – this time, I’m asking someone to join.” Then, turning to Myungsoo he said, “Consider this an honor, mister.”

“Um, yes, your honor,” Myungsoo replied sarcastically.

Sunggyu grinned. “Your Honor… I like the sound of that! Guys! I want you to call me ‘Your Honor’ from now on!”

Sungyeol scoffed. “Gyu, this is a hospital, not a courthouse!”

Sunggyu shrugged. “Oh well – the point is, I want Myungsoo to join. How about it?”

“I already accepted,” Myungsoo said while scratching the back of his head, “so… I guess I’m in, now, huh?”

Sunggyu literally sprang into the air from pure joy and hugged Myungsoo. “Thanks a bunch, Myungsoo! Now, all you need to do is learn how to handle the ropes around here and a bit of training!”

“Um, cool, I guess?” Myungsoo replied.

In all honesty, he was a bit unsure of how to reply. For all he knew, he just landed himself a job in the Love Hospital because he gave some random girl advice. It wasn’t supposed to happen! He just ran into Sungjong and the girl as he came in and just so happened to know how to handle the situation.

“Alright!” Sunggyu exclaimed happily. He gave him a pat on the shoulder, and then shoved him into Sungyeol. “Sungyeol – you be his mentor,” he stated. “Myungsoo, all you have to do is stay by his side the whole time while you’re training and learn from him. Okay – back to work!” he barked suddenly, his happiness vanishing.

Sungyeol glared at Myungsoo in complete disdain while the ravenette only looked amused (as always).  Sungjong rapidly blinked several times while his mouth was still agape. After a few seconds, he threw his hands in the air, murmured something angrily, and went to go sit behind his desk.

“So,” Myungsoo said, “I guess… we’re going to spend quite some time together.”

Sungyeol glared at him as he pointed to his office. “Meet me in there; I’ll come in a second.”

Myungsoo nodded and shrugged, sauntering away towards the office room. As soon as the door closed, Sungyeol turned to Sungjong and collapsed, burying his face into Sungjong’s lap.

“Sungjong-ah, you need to save me from the monster named Kim Myungsoo! We’re trapped with him after school now!” he sobbed.

Sungjong faked tears as well, crying into Sungyeol’s hair. “I know, Yeol-ah,” he sniffed, “I know. It’s going to be tough, but somehow, we can make it through!” He dramatized their small roleplaying scene even more by lifting Sungyeol’s head by the cheeks to look him in the eye. “Trust me, Yeol. We can do this – and we’ll make it out alive.”

As soon as he ended with his dramatic finish, both burst out laughing.

“Thanks, Jongie – you really brightened my mood,” Sungyeol thanked, heading into the office.

Sungjong giggled and waved. “Anytime you want to roleplay, you know who to call~!” he sang.

Sungyeol laughed as he reached his office. He stopped and took a deep breath.

It was time to tame the beast.

Or at least, that was how he put it.

Myungsoo described it as – Sungyeol trying to look cool when he just looked stupid.

Really stupid.


A/N: OMG I'm like, hella sorry for not updating earlier! Please forgive's me!!!! >.< you like the chappie? lol, myungie's a love doctor now xD

BUT i made an apply fic!!! Check it out, yeah!? (p.s. - yadong's got no kid yet xD)

Yeol: you shameless advertiser!

Me: shaddup or i'll make you get hit with a car.

CHECK IT OUT HERE!!! Help me out guys!!! I need it!!

 

lol, noodles - OUT!