Dropping the Bomb

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

“Ow! Can’t you be more careful?!”

“Jeez, I’m sorry! I’m just trying to help!”

Sungyeol winced again as Myungsoo spread the ointment on his open wound. It had been a week since field day, and Sungyeol’s leg was still in pretty bad shape. They were sitting in the schoolyard (it was after school and the Love Hospital closed down last minute – something about Woohyun dragging Sunggyu away to make up or whatever)

“It looks better, though,” Myungsoo murmured quietly. “The edges have scabbed up a lot, so the new skin cells should start growing soon. This however,” he said, pointing to the open spot with pus and some slimy body substances oozing out, “will take longer. You should’ve been more careful last week,” he scolded.

Sungyeol winced as the ointment came in contact with his leg again. “I was just trying hard, I – ow! – just wanted to help out the loyal president of our fanclub. I wasn’t – ah! – supposed to fall down!”

Myungsoo shook his head, unrolling some more bandages and winding it around Sungyeol’s leg. “But in the end, you did. What do you have to say for yourself?”

“…that I should be more careful when I try to help people?”

“Good enough.” Myungsoo ripped off the end of the bandage and stuck it down. “There,” he said, finishing with a brisk clap, “you’re good to go for another few days, or so.”

 “Thanks, Myung,” Sungyeol said, gazing down to his bandaged leg. “I don’t think I could’ve done that by myself without strangling myself with bandages or something.”

Myungsoo shrugged and moved next to him on the grass. “Well, you are stupid.”

Sungyeol sent him a playful glare. “Shut up.”

The other laughed. “Sometimes, I really don’t understand how I fell for you. If I didn’t, I think you’d still be one of the best friends I’d ever have.”

Best friends. Now why did Sungyeol’s heart sink when he heard those words?

“I could say the same,” he said, smiling. “I don’t think I’ve ever gotten so close to anyone in so little time. You’re a great person to talk to. I mean, I’ve known Sunggyu and Sungjong my whole life, practically, and I haven’t told them some things I’ve told you.”

“I guess I’m a good listener.”

“Yeah… yeah, you are. I feel bad sometimes, though, for making you listen to all my annoying problems. I’m sure you’d rather do something else.”

No, I wouldn’t, he thought. But instead he said, “Well, we’re friends, and that’s what friends are for.” He poked Sungyeol’s nose. Sungyeol stuck his tongue out, as Myungsoo ruffled his hair. “You’re weird,” he laughed. “But I guess that’s another reason I like you.”

“Yah, love birds!” a voice called from a few feet away.

 Sungyeol and Myungsoo snapped towards the sound, spotting Hoya and Dongwoo waving at them.

“Hyung!” Sungyeol called back happily, waving.

The two walked towards them, smiling.

“Where are you two headed?” Myungsoo asked.

“My house,” Hoya replied. “We’re welcoming my cousin. His school has a week break, so he’s staying at my house for a bit while his parents go on vacation.”

“Do you want to come with us?” Dongwoo asked with a grin. “I’ve Skyped with Hoya’s cousin – he’s super cool! You should come!”

Sungyeol and Myungsoo exchanged glances. “Are you sure? We don’t know him, so wouldn’t it be awkward or anything…?” Myungsoo asked.

“It’s totally fine,” Hoya said with a chuckle. “He just wants to be comfortable and meet my friends! Come along, it’s fine. Besides, there’s no Love Hospital today so you guys are free for a while, right?”

Sungyeol glanced at Myungsoo and nodded. “Sure, then… you want us to walk with you guys?”

Hoya nodded. “Come on! All three of you can meet my cousin!

 

“Hey.”

Sungyeol and Myungsoo stood awkwardly in front of a boy with spiked reddish-brown hair. He had handsome features that had a manly appeal to them and he had rather thick eyebrows. No doubt that he was related to Hoya.

Dongwoo ran up to B-Bomb and hugged him.

“It’s so great to finally meet you!” he cried. “You seemed super cool over Skype, and I’m so glad to meet you in person.”

B-Bomb laughed. “You too, Dongwoo! Hoya’s super lucky to have a cool friend like you,” he said. He paused, staring at Sungyeol. “And… who is this, might I ask?

“Hi,” Sungyeol responded, planting a bright grin on his features. “I’m Lee Sungyeol.”

“I’m Kim Myungsoo,” Myungsoo voiced.

Hoya’s cousin smiled. “Hi. My name is Minhyuk, but at school I’m called B-Bomb.”

Sungyeol raised his eyebrows quizzically at Myungsoo. The other shrugged. And then what happened next made Myungsoo want to punch the guy.

B-Bomb winked.

At Sungyeol.

Myungsoo noticed Sungyeol get rather frustrated and uncomfortable, immediately looking away. Myungsoo immediately grabbed Sungyeol’s wrist, leading to sit down on Hoya’s wide couch.

“Are you guys hungry, or do you want to watch a movie?” Hoya asked, slinging his backpack into a corner. “My parents aren’t home till late tonight.”

“A movie’s fine,” Sungyeol said, smiling.

Suddenly, B-Bomb slid onto to the couch, sitting next to Sungyeol as well. “I’m hungry, Hoya,” he grinned.

Dongwoo piped up. “Hoya! You still have some ramen left from the last time I was here right? Let’s make a big pot for everyone to share!”

Hoya nodded. “Okay, then. Help me make it, Dongwoo-hyung,” he said, dragging him to the kitchen. But before he left, he picked up a random movie from a cabinet and popped it in the television. “Watch this while you guys wait, okay? We’ll be back in a few minutes.”

Sungyeol, Myungsoo and B-Bomb were left alone with nothing but a movie on the screen. It was some sort of comedic action, with idiot assassins and stupid targets. Add an unnecessary hot lady spy, some inappropriate seduction scenes and a fat boss and that was practically the movie.

Sungyeol, who had never seen the movie before, was completely engrossed in it. While Myungsoo, who had seen the movie once or twice, tore his eyes away from the screen to stare at Hoya’s cousin. Oh, how he despised his presence – he hadn’t even known him for an hour yet!

“So Sungyeol,” B-Bomb started, “what do you do at school?”

“I–”

“He’s a love doctor,” Myungsoo finished for him. “And so am I. We’re in the same club.” Sungyeol nodded in agreement.

B-Bomb smiled, and it was noticeably directed towards Sungyeol. “Impressive,” he mused. “And you’re part of that Love Hospital thing that Hoya tells me about?”

“Yes,” Myungsoo said before Sungyeol could open his mouth to speak. He slid his arm around Sungyeol’s waist, as if to mark his territory. “Do you do anything in your school?” he asked out of pure politeness.

“Yeah, I’m on my school’s dance team,” he said. “We went to the regional competition last month and won first place.”

Sungyeol was momentarily distracted from the movie, his eyes going wide. “You won first place? That’s so cool!”

B-Bomb gave a suspicious smirk. “No, it wasn’t cool – it was rather hot, if you ask me.”

Sungyeol pursed his lips and swallowed, clearly uncomfortable. He turned back to the screen, scooting a bit closer towards Myungsoo’s touch. And although Myungsoo was pretty happy about that, he did not enjoy B-Bomb’s traveling eyes. Those terrible eyes that traveled all over Sungyeol’s body – Myungsoo wanted to rip them out of the sockets.

Where was Hoya when you needed him?

Myungsoo stole a glance to the kitchen, where Hoya and Dongwoo were hunched over a pot of boiling ramen. Hoya opened the lid, and a plume of smoke billowed out as he reached in with a pair of chopsticks and took out a few noodles. He blew on them and lifted to Dongwoo’s mouth, who at them and decided that they needed to cook a bit longer.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes when Sungyeol’s chin fell onto his shoulder.

“Myung…” he whispered nervously.

“Hm?”

“Hoya’s cousin… he makes me uncomfortable,” he mumbled into the other’s ear.

Myungsoo looked at B-Bomb, who had his hand on Sungyeol’s knee.

“Go to the bathroom,” Myungsoo whispered back, “and when you come back, switch spots with me.”

Sungyeol nodded. “I’m going to the bathroom,” he said, standing up.

He scrambled his way to the toilet, while Myungsoo scooted in, taking his seat.

“Hey, that’s Sungyeol’s seat,” B-Bomb protested openly.

“It’s mine now,” Myungsoo retorts, trying to sound as polite as he possibly can.

“Why are you taking his seat?”

“You make him uncomfortable,” he answered bluntly, “so I’m helping him out.”

B-Bomb raised an eyebrow. “Oh? Isn’t that sweet? And why are you so determined to help him, Myungsoo? Are you his boyfriend?”

At the term ‘boyfriend’ Myungsoo flushed a very light shade of salmon. “N-No,” he denied quietly. “We’re not dating…”

B-Bomb smiled mischievously as he heard the toilet flush and the bathroom door open. “Well then,” he said, “I don’t see any problem with what I’m doing.” He turned away before turning back to Myungsoo. “By the way – I think Sungyeol is pretty hot, if you ask me.”

Myungsoo was about to retort something completely snarky in reply when Sungyeol plopped down next to him.

“What did I miss?” the choding asked, leaning on his arm slightly.

Myungsoo cast a sideways glare at B-Bomb. “Nothing important,” he muttered.

Sungyeol raised his eyebrows. “Are you sure? Nothing important?” he repeated.

Myungsoo gave B-Bomb another bitter glance before nodding. At that second, Hoya and Dongwoo came out of the kitchen, holding a steaming pot of ramen fresh from the stove. They set it down carefully in the middle of the coffee table, handing out small bowls and chopsticks.

“Here you guys go!” Dongwoo said happily as everything had been passed out. “Just dig into the pot,” he said, “we’re all friends here.”

As instructed, they all sunk their chopsticks into the bundle of noodles, pulling out their own clumps to cool down in their bowls (with the exception of Hoya who was using the pot’s lid). The room quieted and the only sound was the sound of their eating and the movie playing.

Hoya (who sat on the floor) cast a knowing glance to Dongwoo (who was also on the floor) and tilted his head. Dongwoo responded by shaking his head, and then he poked B-Bomb’s leg. He looked down at his cousin and Dongwoo, interpreted their gazes, and then shrugged.

 

“Why is he here?” Sungyeol whispered nervously.

The next day, or Saturday, and Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Hoya and Dongwoo were out a nearby café. Sunggyu and Woohyun were still ‘making up’ so their presence was missing. But to fill in their presence was, evidently, B-Bomb.

“Don’t worry,” Myungsoo whispered back. “I promise I won’t let him bother you.”

However, at that moment, B-Bomb decided to look over at Sungyeol and bite his lip, also sending a flirtatious wink. The choding internally cringed.

“He kind of scares me,” he admitted softly.

“B-Bomb!” Hoya said ecstatically. “Glad you could make it!”

B-Bomb smirked. “Well, where else would I go, exactly? I’m staying at your house, after all.”

Hoya shrugged. “Fair enough. Go ahead and take a seat – there’s one right next to Sungyeol.”

Myungsoo mentally slapped himself. He should’ve taken that seat as soon as he saw B-Bomb walk into the building. But no, instead, B-Bomb got the seat on the other side of Sungyeol. And, as expected, neither Sungyeol nor Myungsoo seemed to enjoy that fact. Hoya and Dongwoo seemed much too wrapped up in their own tiny world to notice anything around them.

“What are you drinking?” B-Bomb asked, blatantly directing it at Sungyeol.

“Americano,” Myungsoo answered for the other.

B-Bomb raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me, is your name Sungyeol?”

“I–”

“Then I don’t believe I was asking you.”

The nerve of this boy, seriously! Was it not obvious that Sungyeol belonged to him and that Sungyeol was uncomfortable enough? He wanted to give this guy a good punch in the eye whether he was Hoya’s cousin or not.

Sungyeol looked terribly red and flustered, staring down at his fingers. Suddenly, B-Bomb’s fingers wrapped themselves around Sungyeol’s cup, bringing it up to his lips. Sungyeol’s eyes were wide, yet he couldn’t do anything about it.

B-Bomb smacked his lips. “Did you add two spoonfuls of sugar and… perhaps a shot of milk?” Sungyeol nodded, completely flabbergasted. “I thought so,” B-Bomb winked. “I’m a barista in training, so I’m learning lots about coffee.”

Myungsoo wanted to slam his fists down onto the table, but that would be bad etiquette at a table. Who did this guy think he was? Some sort of romantic Casanova that could just capture the heart of everyone through his mediocre coffee skills? Myungsoo did not like it – he did not like it one bit.

Hoya and Dongwoo were whispering amongst themselves, keeping their conversation out of earshot. They seemed to be arguing somewhat violently, many quick and vigorous hand gestures were exchanged between them. They would always peek at the other side of the booth and then go back into a flurry of words. No one was really paying attention to them, though, as B-Bomb was focused on Sungyeol, Sungyeol was focused on anything but B-Bomb and Myungsoo was focusing on both of them.

“Sungyeol-ah,” B-Bomb said again, “are you interested in anybody right now?”

Sungyeol blushed madly. “Well, n-no! I mean… at least, I’m pretty sure I don’t. I don’t think I’m really ready to date at the moment, so I don’t like anyone.”

“Aw,” B-Bomb said, almost cooing, “that’s a shame for such an attractive boy as yourself.”

Honestly, Sungyeol had no idea what he was supposed to do. Was he supposed to be impolite and ignore him, or be polite and awkwardly acknowledge the compliments? He was torn between what he was supposed to do, and B-Bomb didn’t look like he cared either way.

Sungyeol brought his coffee up to his lips, sipping again. No better way to calm his nerves than with coffee.

“Ah, Sungyeol,” B-Bomb said, taking Sungyeol’s face in his hands. “You got a little something on the side of your lips,” he said mischievously, wiping at Sungyeol’s lips with his thumb.

That had to be the last straw!

Myungsoo clenched his fists, staring at how flustered Sungyeol was and how arrogantly triumphant B-Bomb was. He gripped Sungyeol’s hand from his side and Sungyeol looked back at him, a somewhat confused and scared expression on his face.

“Myung,” he whispered nervously. “He… he’s making me really uncomfortable.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll talk to him,” Myungsoo replied warmly, patting his hair gently. “You stay here, okay?”

Sungyeol nodded as Myungsoo stood up and scooted out of the booth. B-Bomb stared at him, a questioning look in his eyes.

“B-Bomb,” Myungsoo said with a forced smile. “Mind if we talked outside for a bit?”

B-Bomb shrugged. “Why not? I should be polite, so sure.” He got up and followed Myungsoo outside the café. Dongwoo and Hoya’s eyes followed them with dumbstruck expressions while Sungyeol stared nervously from his spot.

Outside where he was sure that no one could see them, Myungsoo turned to glare at the other. “What kind of are you pulling?” he asked.

B-Bomb smiled. “What do you think I’m pulling?”

“Look,” Myunsoo said, getting frustrated, “I get that you’re Hoya’s visiting cousin, and that I should be nice to you, but that kind of stuff you’re doing to Yeol isn’t appropriate! He’s uncomfortable, and I don’t think that’s very respectful.”

“Oh my goodness, you really don’t get it, do you?” B-Bomb asked, his smile faltering.

“Get what?”

“You mean this whole time you actually thought that I was trying to hit on Sungyeol?! Look, I’m just trying to help you out,” he said, his eyes going wide and concerned.

“Wait… I don’t understand, what–”

Suddenly the door to the café opened with a ring and two bustling people scurried out.

“I swear they went out this way,” Dongwoo said, pointing to the left.

“No, no! They obviously went right!”

Dongwoo let out a frustrated sigh as he started speed walking in the direction of B-Bomb and Myungsoo. “Ugh, it was not supposed to end up like this! This definitely wasn’t supposed to happen! They were just supposed to– oh, hi guys.”

“Hey,” Myungsoo said, adding a slight wave.

B-Bomb grabbed Hoya’s arm. “He is the reason why I’m being such a sleazy jerk, okay?! I don’t like Sungyeol! I have a boyfriend back home!”

Hoya smiled sheepishly. “Ha… well, you see Myungsoo…”

“Care to explain what’s been going on?” Myungsoo asked, eyebrows raised.

Hoya scratched the back of his neck nervously. “Okay, well… this is completely embarrassing to say out loud but… Dongwoo and I planned this.”

“Planned?”
“We knew that B-Bomb was coming for the week, and that I could get you two to meet him and that we really wanted you and Sungyeol to get together so we planned this!” Dongwoo rambled.

“What did you plan, exactly?”

“Basically, we noticed that Sungyeol is pretty dense, right? And we saw that no matter how much you pushed him, he didn’t budge. So… I guess you could say we tried to scare him. Like, B-Bomb would hit on him really hard and he would get scared a little and run to you and then realize how much you mean to him… something like that,” Hoya admitted sheepishly.

Myungsoo wanted to be angry, but in reality, all he could do was smile. His friends cared for him that much, and although he didn’t exactly appreciate it, he acknowledged their effort.

“Thanks guys,” he said, “but those kind of things don’t work on Sungyeol. He gets scared really easily, and when he’s frightened, he closes off. He’s scared of ghosts, strangers, being alone – wait! You left him alone in there, didn’t you?”

Hoya and Dongwoo exchanged a sheepish look. “…oops?”

Myungsoo sighed and nearly ran back inside the café. From the glass window, Hoya, Dongwoo and B-Bomb watched as Myungsoo greeted the other and gave him a peck on the lips.

“Wow,” B-Bomb said. “And you said that they weren’t dating?”

“Nope.”

He whistled. “They really do need all the help they can get.”

 

Myungsoo grinned as he opened his front door. The rest of his day had been very pleasant. B-Bomb had apologized for his behavior and was now on good terms with both Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Sungyeol was never informed of Hoya and Dongwoo’s ‘master-plan’ as they called it. And the rest of the day was filled with comfortable chatter and kisses (for Sungyeol and Myungsoo, at least).

He took off his shoes and placed them next to the door, walking into the kitchen. His smile suddenly fell as his gaze fell upon his mother and two other people. One was a boy that looked younger than him by a year or two and the other was a man near his mother’s age.

“Mom…” he began, “is there something you forgot to tell me…?”

His mom stared at him and took a deep breath. “Actually, Myungsoo, there’s something we need to talk about.”

“Who are these people?” he asked, referring to the two strangers in his kitchen.

“They’re guests,” his mom said, “but… from now on, you’re going to have to get very close to them.”

His eyebrows furrowed. “Why?” 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N ; So... yeah. you must hate me for stopping it there but...

#YEOLO

lol did you see what I did there? I wonder if any of you can guess what's about to happen -- maybe you will maybe you won't. KEWL POINTS TO SOMEONE WHO CAN GUESS.

do you think this chapter is too short? i thought i should've made it longer, but i wanted to end it there and shtuff... so is this chappie satisfactory? the ask.fm is still ( forever ) open and the link is in the author's side notes, so check there, okay ? X3

but yes, the ending should be progressing from here otl /sobs/ I'M SORREH, BUT THIS WILL HAVE TO END EVENTUALLYYY~!!1!!!

oh yes, and this is Hoya's lovely cousin b-bomb if you are not acquainted with Block B.

http://i5.minus.com/iS0TwmkRYYl5L.jpg

he's handsome, no? i love him X3 Originally, I was going to do a different member, like maybe U-Kwon, or Jaehyo, but B-Bomb's stage name... I could just have such great wordplay for titles and so... yeah. B-Bomb was chosen.

BUT GUISE.

GUISE.

FREAKING INFINITE'S OGS IN SAN JOSE, I CANNOT. I paid for GA aka pit tickets, so that's where I was. I wasn't next to the stage though -- I was in the back of the GA, right next to the aisleway fence. At first I was like... meh, at least I can see. BUT THEN FREAKING INFINITE DECIDED TO WALK UP AND DOWN THE AISLES AND I WAS THE FIRST PERSON THERE BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO IT.

I touched Sunggyu's freaking jacket.

I touched Hoya's hand.

Dongwoo and I held eye contact or up to 3 seconds because he saw my poster and liked it ( I drew their faces for goodness sakes )

When Woohyun was going back up on stage he waved and winked at me and I touched his elbow.

L looked at my Infinite necklace, then looked at me, then smiled, and we touched.

And Sungjong. ohmiglob Sungjong linked hands with me. LIKE. FREAKING INTERTWINED MY HAND WITH HIS. AND THEN ON STAGE HE BLEW ME A KISS.

there was this one moment, where I think it was Woohyun and Sungjong and Hoya were on the runway and facing my side of the GA ( or something like that ) and the fangirls were mobbing towards the other two more than Sungjong and it's like the crowd parted between Sungjong and I. There was literally a gap between the fans where I could make direct eye contact with Sungjong. So I did, and he did too.

AND THEN HE DID LITTLE FINGER GUNS DIRECTLY AT ME.

I didn't realize that it was for me until I realized I was the only one fangirling over that moment. Like, even my cousin, who was next to me, didn't really notice it. So...

Sungjong is my husband now /shot/ I mean what.

And the only one I didn't touch was Sungyeol. like, what. my bias. but that's cool, because during the 7 hours I waited in line, I got together with a bunch of other Sungyeol-biases and shot a video message that will be shown to them in Dubai so... he'll see mah face {8]

I went through PCD ( post concert depression ) for like three days, but then after that... I was just happy :) I mean, I got to see Infinite live, who could ask for more? It seemed so surreal. Their English was adorable, and they promised to come back again, so I'm expecting it!

OKEI. I'LL END IT HERE SO I DON'T DIE FROM MY FEELS. KAY BYEEE...

QUINNIE -- OUT.

oh my goodness, now you'll all comment about OGS instead of the chappie otl...