Telepathy and Newbies

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

The rest of the morning until classes started, Myungsoo was rather moody. Now, mind you – he wasn’t in a bad mood. He was just a bit more blasé than usual. He was just a bit more nonchalant than usual. He was just a bit more indifferent that usual.

Obviously, he was extremely annoyed by something.

Sungyeol noticed it right away; it was quite obvious, to tell the truth. They were settling down in their seats when Myungsoo let out a huff from his nose, tickling the back of Sungyeol’s neck. In surprise, he let out a quiet squeak and turned around to face the boy. Instead of that playful smirk or smile Myungsoo normally had, his face was almost stoic.

“…Yah,” Sungyeol said.

He barely glanced up at him. “What?”

“You’re mad aren’t you?”

He raised a questioning eyebrow. “Why on earth would I be mad?”

“Well, usually you’d probably be teasing me right now, and you’re not; you must be upset over something.”

“What are you walking about? I’m not upset.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I am not.”

“Well, you definitely are!”

“Well, I’m definitely not!”

“Why do you keep denying me?”

“Why do you keep accusing me?”

Sungyeol glared at him for a split second before sighing. “You are most definitely annoyed at something, Kim Myungsoo. Come on; tell me what’s bothering you.”

Myungsoo’s eyebrows shot up. “Yah. How can you say something so surely? I’m not even upset!”

“The first sign that someone is actually upset – they deny they’re upset.”

“Hey, I–”

“Shhh,” Sungyeol hushed, holding a finger up to Myungsoo’s lips. “If you don’t want to tell me, that’s okay – I just wanted to make sure that you’re okay,” he finished with a pat on the shoulder.

“What?! I’m not even–”

“It’s alright,” Sungyeol said gently, rubbing his shoulder. “Just remember – you can always talk to me.”

“Will you stop interru–”

“I will always be here for you, Myung. Always.”

“You’re not even listening–”

“Whatever what it is, I’m sure you’ll get over it soon. Don’t worry because life gets better. It always does.”

“I thought you were a love counselor–”

“And I thought you were just a bit mad today, but maybe there’s something more,” he said, looking deeply into his eyes. “Maybe you just need someone to let out your feelings to. Myung – I can be that someone if you need me to be.”

There was a pregnant pause in which Myungsoo just stared at Sungyeol incredulously and the said boy stared right back with a large amount of unneeded gentleness in his eyes.

“Are you going to let me finish?” Myungsoo asked.

“Of course, Myung.”

“Lee Sungyeol, I am no where near upset,” he stated.

“… Really?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“… Positive?”

“Affirmative.”

“Okay!” Sungyeol piped, a grin breaking out onto his face. “Just wanted to make sure you’re happy!”

“… Why would you care if I was happy?”

“Well, obviously since you’re part of the Lee Sungyeol Friendship Club–”

“I never agreed to that.”

“–it is my duty to make sure all of my friends are happy! You are one of my friends, so therefore, I must make sure you are happy!”

Myungsoo just stared at him for about a minute before he burst out laughing. Sungyeol liked the way he looked when he laughed. The way his upper row of white teeth would show, the way his eyes formed crescents smaller than Sunggyu’s, the he held his stomach and shook – he really liked it. It showed the real side of Myungsoo, and that was the Myungsoo he liked.

Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head. “I don’t understand why I’m friends with you sometimes, Yeol.”

Sungyeol leaned forward so that his elbows and chin rested on Myungsoo’s desk. “Because you love me,” he answered.

“Yeah, no. That is definitely not the reason why,” Myungsoo answered, also slumping forward so that his chin lay on the desk parallel to Sungyeol’s. “Maybe it’s because you’re so entertaining.”

Sungyeol tilted his head so that his cheek rested on Myungsoo’s desk. “Maybe it’s because I’m just too awesome not to be around.”

Myungsoo laughed again, reaching up to play with a few stray strands of Sungyeol’s hair. “Or maybe you’re so stupid I have to be around constantly to take care of you.”

They both smiled at each other warmly, their faces ever so close. Sungyeol could feel his breath fanning across his face. Myungsoo, also, could feel Sungyeol’s breath grazing his nose. And for what seemed to be a while, they just stared at each other, scrutinizing each other’s features.

Myungsoo could say that he liked Sungyeol’s face. He had chocolate brown eyes, smooth skin, and adorably chubby cheeks. Even his teeth were pretty cute. His hair color fitted him, also – a deep brown.

Sungyeol, on the other hand, could say that Myungsoo was quite handsome. His flawless skin, his shaped face, his straight nose and his big, dark eyes. He was really good looking, to be honest, and Sungyeol could see why the girls in their class would want to date him. His black hair was short but even that complimented his skin tone. Even his pink lips added to his attractiveness.

Sungyeol blinked.

“Ha!” Myungsoo cried in triumph, shooting up from his seat. “You blinked! I win!” he said, pointing a finger at Sungyeol.

“Dammit! I tried so hard to keep my eyes open!” he yelled, clutching his stinging eyes. “How do you keep your eyes open for so long?!”

“My eyes are bigger than yours!”

“Yeah, and you also keep breathing all over my face! How am I supposed to keep my eyes open when your breath is drying them out twice as fast?!”

Seungyeon, who was watching on the side the whole time, blinked in confusion. Hara, whom she was speaking with, waved a hand in front of her face. “Yah, Seungyeonnie~!” she said. “What are you looking at?”

“I don’t understand those two,” she murmured. “One second, you’d think they’re a couple when it turns out they had telepathically agreed to have a staring contest. Does any of this make sense to you?!” she exclaimed quietly.

Hara shrugged. “You have to admit though – they’d have to be really close to someone in order to speak telepathically.”

 

“This is madness!”

Sunggyu ran around the Love Hospital, juggling papers and answering phone calls. The phone rang and he dropped the papers at the filing cabinet and ran to pick it up. As soon as he hung up, he had to run back to the filing cabinet. It continued back and forth as he went to different filing cabinets and to the phone. It was complete mayhem.

“You know,” Sungjong said as he filed his nails at his desk, “you could’ve just asked me to do that paperwork and answer phone calls.”

“Well, I don’t want to!”

“Then why am I here? Aren’t I the secretary?” he asked.

“Yes, well… it’s just really important today!”

“Why?” Myungsoo asked as he exited his office. “The Love Hospital isn’t even open – what’s the rush?”

“It’s not open because it’s Tuesday!

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. “… So?”

“Well, lately it’s seems like the school is falling into a romance pit.”

“And?”

“We just don’t have enough time to see all these patients. So, I closed it off Tuesday.”

“But… wouldn’t that just make our schedules more hectic the next day?”

“I know! It completely backfired! There’s practically double the amount of girls, triple the amount of boys, and even a teacher came to see us! Why did we get so popular?!”

“Well, our senior class is graduating this year, and we know that the a lot of the kids in our class like each other and want to confess before heading off to college. So, it seems like a rush to get their last feelings out,” Sungyeol shrugged.

“True as that may be, how the hell are we going to keep up with the appointments!? We don’t just cater to the seniors – we also serve the rest of the school!”

“Well, what?” Sungjong asked. “Do you want to hire more love doctors?”

Sunggyu froze in his place, his eyes wide (as they can be, anyways.)  He turned with a glint in his eyes.

“That’s it, Jongie! That’s it!” he cried happily, throwing a bunch of papers into the air. “We’ll hire more doctors! That’ll solve everything!” He quieted his voice down and began muttering to himself. “Of course, we’ll have to close down the Love Hospital for a day or so to receive applications and do interviews. And we should only hire two! Two is enough…”

“… He’s gone mad,” Sungjong sighed, watching his pitiful hyung mutter to himself.

“Absolutely crazy.”

“Psycho.”

The three other staff members let out a rueful sigh as they watched their leader cackle happily to himself about hiring more members.

In the next hour, a flurry of things happened. First of all, Sunggyu sent out a mass e-mail to the school about the new love doctors and how the Love Hospital would be closed for a few days while the hiring process took place. He had created, copied and printed hundreds of application forms and stuck them in a folder that hung outside their door. There, anyone could take an application. Applications were to be placed in the mailbox next to the folder outside (which was just another folder on their door).

Surprisingly enough, lots of people wanted to join the club. Whether they had good advice or not, they wanted the chance to be in the Love Hospital.

 

“I don’t know why I made this decision…” Sunggyu groaned as he sipped his coffee next to Sungyeol.

Three days had passed after all applications were received. After that, they narrowed down the list to the best eligible and sat down for a lot of interviews. Sunggyu completely regretted it; influenced by the hellish, time consuming interviews.

“Well, they will be a pretty big help around here,” Sungyeol said.

“I know, but the process takes forever.”

“Who’s interviewing right now?”

“Myungsoo is. We’ve decided to take turns.”

“Oh, that’s good. You look like you’re nearly about to pass out from boredom.”

“I know – some of them don’t even qualify! Not everybody has that special something we look for in a love doctor.”

Sungyeol pat him on the back. “Well, you never know. Myungsoo might just come bursting out of that office right now with some applicant, and shout out–”

“I found our first doctor!”

Sungyeol and Sunggyu turned their heads towards the office, where Myungsoo had exited with a smiling boy behind him.

“… Well, what do you know.”

“Who’s this?” Sunggyu asked.

“My name is Henry. Henry Lau,” he smiled, his eyes forming crescents.

He had light, ash-brown hair and pink lips, as well as light, smooth skin. He had adorable chubby cheeks and a happy smile that lit up his face.

“He looks like Gyu-hyung,” Sungjong blurted. “But with bigger eyes.”

“Hey, I kind of see it…” Sungyeol gasped.

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “I don’t see anything.”

“Yeah, well, your eyes are too small anyways,” Sungjong scoffed as he approached Henry. “Well, he definitely looks good enough to be a love doctor. Who are you friends with around here?”

“Well, I’m Kris’ cousin, so–”

“You’re Kris’ cousin?” Sungyeol exclaimed. “I didn’t know that!”

“Well, we don’t look anything alike, so our relationship isn’t that noticeable.”

“I like him,” Sungjong approved. “Yeol?”

“Me too. Thumbs up for me.”

Sunggyu nodded. “Yeah, I think he’ll fit. It’ll definitely work. We just need one more.”

Sungjong blinked. “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not interviewing anyone else.”

“I’m out,” Sungyeol said, rushing into his office.

“Later, losers,” Myungsoo said, leaving the scene.

Sunggyu sighed – he was left with the rest of the interviews. He glanced at Henry and cast him a smile. “Well, congratulations – you are now a love doctor. You can ask Sungyeol to show you around and get you settled, okay? Unfortunately, I’ve got a lot more applicants to take care of, so I’ll have to get you official later.” He gave a weary smile and walked to his office, preparing for the next round of people.

Henry just blinked and walked cautiously over to Sungjong’s desk. Sungjong looked up and smiled, holding up a small glass jar.

“Lemon candy?” he asked.

“Thanks,” Henry smiled, popping a hard candy in his mouth. He all the flavor out, just leaning against Sungjong’s desk. “So…” he said after a few seconds, “what exactly will happen now that I’m a part of the Love Hospital?”

“Oh, you’ll get your own office, and clients and the Love Club will probably have to start a new fan division for you.”

“…Love Club?”

“Don’t ask, and all will be fine.”

“Oh… okay.”

“And excuse me curiosity but… what exactly did Myungsoo ask you to make him accept you?”

Henry thought back for a moment to the interview, and being face to face with Myungsoo.

“–and I’ll ask you a situation, and you’ll provide me with the solution, or advice, okay?”

Henry nodded. “Okay.”

“Alright,” Myungsoo said, giving a small boyish grin. “If there was a boy who liked a girl, but that girl liked another boy who happened to like her back, what would you say to the boy?”

Henry pouted and thought. “That’s a tough question…”

“It is, indeed.”

“Well, I’d probably have to comfort him first and tell him to try subtly, since girls don’t like it when guys are smothering them. Then… I’d probably tell him that if she was supposed to be his, she’d come to him all on his own and that all he had to do is wait.”

Myungsoo stared at him in awe, pleasantly surprised by his answer. “Henry Lau… that was a good answer.”

“Well,” Henry said to Sungjong, “he just asked me a few questions, and I answered them well, I guess.”

 

“Daeyeol! I’m home!” Sungyeol called as he entered his home.

“Come in the kitchen, quick!” Daeyeol yelled back.

Curious, Sungyeol threw down his bag and came to the kitchen, where his baby brother had a few sheets of paper in his hand.

“They’re… from dad,” Daeyeol said softly.

“… Dad wrote back?”

“Yeah,” Daeyeol gulped.

Sungyeol approached the mail carefully, staring at the papers. He bit his lip in disappointment as he saw what was sent with the letter. He ran his finger over the small gift, upset that his father sent it back.

It was the bottle opener he had gotten him from Jeju Island.

Sighing, Sungyeol picked up the letter and began reading. Daeyeol breathed nervously next to him, looking worriedly at his brother. As he continued reading, the more upset and angry he became. Breathing became harder as he delved deeper into the letter. As soon as he reached the end, he three the letter back on the marble countertop and bolted from the kitchen.

“Sungyeol!” Daeyeol called after him. “Where are you going?!”

“To blow off steam,” he answered gruffly as he slipped his shoes back on.

Before Daeyeol could call him again, he was out the door and walking away. Not sure exactly where to go, he headed towards the first place he thought of.

Myungsoo’s house.


A/N;

/throws gagged Woohyun in closet/

Okay!!! Now, that HE'S been taken care of, I can --

/BOOM/

Woo: HAI GAISE 8333 Woohyun told me doing the A/N was fun so I wanted to try! 8]

SO HERE I AM! DONGWOO!!! kyakyakyakya~!!! I hoped you liked this chapter! I mean, I'm not in it, but I like reading rather than being apart of it -- after all, taking over the Author's spot is fun! 8D

HAY A NEW LOVE DOCTOR!!! 8DDD

OMG HENRY'S CHEEKS ARE SO CHUBBY AND CUTE! He could be Gyu-hyung's little brother or something! LOOKATHIM!!!

'Specially when he squinits like that! Wow, they could be brothers! 8OOO I like him, though. Nice kid and nice addition. Very cute! ^^ Shorry for spam...

Were you surprised by the new love doctor-ness?! :3 I can tell you who the author one is!

IT

IS...

 

 

 

ONE OF YOU!!!

That's right, the author made an application for the new love doctor for you guise! What better way to involve the readers! That is, only if you want to...

JUST CLICK HERE!!! :]

Make sure that if you DO decide to apply, leave the link in the application post! ^^ Guy or girl, doesn't matter~! You can even apply as an already-actor/idol. FOR EXAMPLE --

YOU CAN USE LEE SEUNGGI'S FACE AND BE NAMED LEE SEUNGGI! COOL, RIGHT?! OR, YOU CAN EVEN USE AN ULZZANG AND MAKE SOMEONE UP?! COOL, RIGHT?!

YOU KNOW WHAT'S NOT COOL!?

THE FACT THAT THE CAPS LOCK WAS ON THIS WHOLE TIME.

ah, that's better X]

This chapter is dedicated to MinSung14 for her dorm-return or something... but YES! Dedicated!!!

 

SO, ask me more questions and I'll answer them below!!!

BAI-BAI!!!

/Dongwoo flies away on a pegasus/

me: I don't understand what just happe --

/BOOM/

Dongwoo: Shhhh... no need to know anything, authornim... /drags onto unicorn/