The Mystery Appointment

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

Lee Sungyeol woke up and stretched his long legs. He yawned and smacked his lips, grimacing as he tasted his own breath.

 It was Monday.

Now, most people would probably hate Mondays – but not Sungyeol. Mondays were when he could go to school and get back to being a doctor.

A love doctor, that is.

He was one of the founders of the “Love Hospital” – a place in their school designated to help teenagers with their love life. He was just one amongst few love doctors there. Each and every single doctor’s job was different, though. For example – there were doctors that gave advice onto how to get over a break-up; doctors on how to break-up with someone; doctors that helped a helpless admirer find their crush’s social networking page.

Sungyeol, however, was the “well-rounded” doctor.

Being one of the original founders – along with his friends Sunggyu and Sungjong – he was entitled to take as many cases as possible. Although he accepted any type appointment, he specialized in helping people with one-sided loves and being a relationship counselor.

Sungyeol glanced into his bathroom mirror, groaning as he spotted bags under his eyes. He had been staying up late video-chatting with a girl who was going through a difficult phase in her relationship.

“Aish,” he muttered to himself as he rummaged in the cupboards for his mother’s concealer. Carefully dabbing his finger in the make-up, he rubbed the color beneath his eyes. Soon enough, the dark circles had disappeared. “Ah, that’s better,” he said.

“Sungyeol-hyung!” a voice said from outside the bathroom, “Hurry up! I need to pee!”

“In a second, Daeyeol!” he cried. He rolled his eyes and blended the concealer in.

“Hyung!” Daeyeol whined from outside. “Get out already! I swear, I’m going to piss in my pants if you don’t get out!”

Sungyeol sighed. “Alright, I’m coming!”

He groaned as he opened the door for his little brother.

“Go on, Dae,” he said, “go pee.”

His brother rushed inside and slammed the door. Sungyeol only chuckled and went to go change into his uniform. As soon as he was done primping, brushing, and perfecting his himself, he skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Umma~!” he sang as he threw his arms around his mother. “What’s for breakfast?”

His mother, who was still half-awake, mumbled, “We’ve got left-over pancakes from yesterday, sweetheart.”

“Thanks, umma!” he said happily, kissing her on the cheek.

His mom chuckled. “Lee Sungyeol, you’re a senior in high school, but you still act like a sixth grader.”

He just shrugged. “I guess my brain didn’t grow with my body!”

“That’s unfortunate,” Daeyeol said as he emerged into the room. “If your brain grew with your body, then you’d be a genius.”

Sungyeol laughed as his watch beeped. “Omo! I’m already late! I need to get going!” He held a pancake in his mouth like a dog and threw his backpack on. “Bye, umma!” he said, the pancake muffling his words. “Bye, Daeyeollie!”

“Bye, hyung!” his brother cried as he rushed out the door.

 

Sungyeol, who had to run to school, panted as his chest tried to recover. But now, he had to run to his classroom.

He made it inside, barely having enough breath to even breathe. He fell into his seat and plopped his backpack at his feet. He threw his head down onto his desk, the cold plastic meeting his hot cheeks. He glanced at the clock and groaned. There were still fifteen minutes before classes officially started.

“Stupid watch,” he muttered, glaring at the clock on his wrist. “You fooled me again.”

“Um, Sungyeol-oppa?” a quiet voice said.

He looked up and cleared his hair form his eyes. “Ah, Seungyeon-ah,” he wheezed. “How… how are you today?”

She giggled. “Well, I’m breathing.”

“Don’t rub it in, you ,” he grumbled.

Seungyeon was one of his regular patients. They were child-hood friends, so they could talk comfortably and whenever they wanted to. Recently, Seungyeon had been having problems with her boyfriend.

She giggled again as she leaned over his desk. “Did you get my e-mail?”

He swallowed his spit, making another futile attempt to steady his breathing. “Yeah,” he huffed. “I read your situation. What’s going on with your boyfriend?”

“He’s pressuring me,” she pouted. “He wants me to wear revealing and tight clothes like the girls you see in magazines. But I don’t want to! I don’t like wearing that kind of clothes!”

By now, Sungyeol’s breathing had regulated. “Have you ever told him?”

“No… I’m afraid he might break-up with me for not being a type of girl that he likes.”

“Seungyeon, did he date you because you pretty or because he liked your personality?”

“Well, he told me that–”

They were interrupted as squeals sounded throughout the whole classroom.

“Aish,” Sungyeol groaned. He glanced up at Seungyeon. “I’ll give you three guesses on who that is,” he mumbled.

“I only need one guess,” she replied, smiling.

They exchanged a glance and the same name escaped their lips.

“Kim Myungsoo.”

Although Myungsoo was good looking, he wouldn’t necessarily be called a kingka. He was just a normal boy with a handsome face. He wasn’t popular or captain of any sports team. In all honesty, the only girls that ogled over him were the girls in their class.

The said boy sauntered into the classroom, a nonchalant gaze on his face. He held a lollipop in his lips as he tried to get past the blockade of high school girls.

“Myungsoo-oppa!” one girl squealed. “You look so handsome today!”

“Oppa, will accept the milk I bought for you?”

“Oppa, saranghae~!”

The squeals continued and followed Myungsoo to his seat. His seat just so happened to be placed conveniently behind Sungyeol.

He groaned as the gaggle of excited girls neared closer to him and Seungyeon.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes and looked up at Seungyeon. “See me at the Love Hospital after school. There’s still a spot open for appointment six.”

Seungyeon smiled and whispered, “See you later then, Yeol.” And at those words, she left.

Sungyeol groaned in annoyance as Myungsoo sat down behind him and the girls swarmed around the desk like a pack of bees. They were so many, that Sungyeol was having trouble breathing again.

Hands, arms, and bodies were crowding around him and it was suffocating him. Plus, they were breathing all of the air that he needed. He felt his face and body starting to sweat and growing hot.

“YAH!” he yelled finally, silencing the crowd. He took a deep breath as he bellowed, “I CAN’T BREATHE, HERE!”

The girls murmured in annoyance glanced down at him in distaste. Myungsoo glanced at him with a surprised look in his eyes.

All of sudden, one of the girls piped up.

“Omo! The Love Doctor Sungyeol is in our class?!”

Then in a blink of an eye, all of the girls who ogled over Myungsoo were now crowding around Sungyeol.

Sungyeol gave them all forced smiles and politely told them to return to their seats before class started. Giggling and happy, they obeyed him. Sungyeol bowed awkwardly in his seat as they all left.

“Good morning, class,” their teacher greeted as she entered the classroom. “I hope you’re having a fine morning because we’re going to have Pop Quiz! Yay!”

The class groaned, but Sungyeol didn’t even have enough energy to groan. His head slammed down onto his desk, the sound echoing throughout the classroom.

“Um, Sungyeol, are you alright?” the teacher asked.

“I’m fine,” he mumbled.

“Okay, then! Let’s get started!”

 

When the torturous day had finally come to an end, Sungyeol almost literally sprinted out of his classroom. He let out a whoop of freedom as he headed to the neighboring building.

This was where the Love Hospital took place. This was what he loved doing.

He came up to the glossy pink door and turned its polished knob. He could never, ever deny the grin that stretched across his face every time he entered this room.

“Ah, Sungyeol-hyung!” Sungjong cried.

The boy was at the “front desk” as they liked to call it. Sungjong had the job of being their manager. He kept track of records, money and special events.

“Hi, Sungjongie,” Sungyeol greeted happily, giving him a one-armed hug.

“Hyung, how was your day?”

Sungyeol faked a gag. “It was okay.”

“Ah, Sungyeol-ah!”

Sungyeol turned and faced their “boss” – Sunggyu.

“How are you today, you giant?” he asked playfully, giving him a noogie.

“Ah, hyung, my hair!” he whined, breaking from Sunggyu’s grasp.

Sunggyu only laughed playfully. “Okay, now get to your office. We’re about to open any second.”

“Yes, leader!” Sungyeol called over his shoulder.

He led himself to his office. They were lucky that the school allowed them to use a room with many smaller rooms inside. His office wasn’t exactly large, but it wasn’t small either. He liked to refer to it as cozy.

He threw his backpack next to his chair. With a happy sigh, he sat down on his swiveling chair and opened his drawer. Taking out his planner, he eyed the list of appointments he had today. Who was going to visit him first?

“Ah, Sungyeollie~!” Sungjong said as he suddenly opened the door.

“Yes, Jongie?” he asked, his eyes still fixed on his schedule.

“I forgot to make your coffee earlier, so I brought it now,” he said, holding a hot mug of coffee with a grin on his face.

Sungyeol looked up happily. “Thanks a bunch, Jongie. You can just leave it here.”

Sungjong complied easily and left the Americano on his desk.

“By the way, Yeol,” he said before he exited the room.

“Yes?”

“Sunggyu-hyung was super booked today, so he asked me to send one of his clients to you.”

“Is it going to be a love-sick girl complaining to me?” he asked sarcastically.

Sungjong opened his mouth to say something, but closed it. “Well, not exactly,” he said after a long three seconds.

“Then what is it?”

“Um, you’ll just have to see for yourself… By the way, your last appointment was canceled, so that’s when Sunggyu’s client will see you.”

“Alright,” he replied casually. It wasn’t the first time this happened. “Is the client okay with this?”

“They seemed a little nervous when I first told them, but now they’re fine. I’ll see you later, okay?”

Sungyeol grinned and waved. “See you later, Jongie! Don’t let a single noona feed you candy again!”

“That was a one-time thing, it won’t happen again!” Sungjong protested playfully as he left.

Sungyeol chuckled as he glanced at his appointment list. First up – Choi Junhong.

As if on cue, a boy with messy, bleached-blonde hair walked through the doorway.

“Um, hi,” he said shyly.

Sungyeol looked up and smiled warmly. “Hi! You must be Junhong. Please – take a seat.”

A bit hesitantly, he sat down in the small leather armchair in front of Sungyeol’s desk.

“So,” Sungyeol continued, “what brings you here today, Junhong?”

“Um, please – just call me Zelo. It makes me a tad more comfortable talking about this,” he said softly.

“Okay then, Zelo,” Sungyeol continued genially. “What might we talk about today?”

Zelo took a deep breath. “Should I just come out and say it?”

“If that’s what you want.”

“But… I’m almost scared to,” he whispered.

Sungyeol leaned forward and looked him in the eyes. “If you say anything, I have no right to tell anyone else. What you say stays in this room.”

Reassured, Zelo took another deep breath. “I… I think I’m gay.”

Sungyeol blinked. This was something he had never dealt with before.

“Um… and, does this scare you? Are you afraid of what people will think? Do you have a girlfriend that you don’t want to get hurt?”

“No,” he said. “I just… I think I have a crush on a third year. Um… Bang Yongguk and… I’m a first year.”

Sungyeol blinked and leaned back in his seat. This was going to be quite the conversation.

 

After countless conversations, many of his clients left happily. He was glad to see them go with a smile on their face, or at least a different outlook on their situation. It was six thirty now, and the school closed at eight, so he still had plenty of time left. He was actually quite proud of himself for being able to go through so many appointments that smoothly.

But finally, it was time for his mystery client.

He really hoped that the client wasn’t like Zelo; it wasn’t that he didn’t like their conversation, but it just took so much of his time.

Sungjong knocked on his door and poked his head in.

“Hyung~” he sang.

“Yes, Jongie?” he said, chuckling.

“Your last appointment is here! I’ll send him in!”

“Okay, Jongie,” he said, smiling.

While he waited, he took a sip from his now cold cup of coffee. But as the client walked in, he nearly spit it out.

It was Kim Myungsoo.

Difficulty, he swallowed his coffee and wiped the small dribble that had leaked out of his mouth. Myungsoo gave him an amused smirk that rubbed his ego the wrong way. Myungsoo sat down in the chair in front of his desk with a cocky smile as he unwrapped a lollipop and placed it in his mouth.

After a few long seconds, he finally spoke.

“Well, hello,” he said.

Sungyeol blinked and coughed. “Hi. You must be Sunggyu’s ex-appointment.”

He raised an eyebrow. “I guess you could put it that way.”

“And you are?” In his mind, Sungyeol scoffed. As if he didn’t already know.

“Kim Myungsoo,” he replied emotionlessly.

“Well, hello Kim Myungsoo,” Sungyeol replied with a forced smile. “What is your current situation?”

Myungsoo glanced out the window for a brief second before his attention fell back to Sungyeol.

“Well… this person I like – I don’t think they know that I exist.”

“Ah! The famous one-sided love! Have no fear! For I am a love doctor, and will help you through your crisis!”

“You look pretty stupid to me.”

Sungyeol could almost feel the vein his forehead bulge. “Um… wasn’t that a bit rude?” he asked.

Myungsoo smirked. “If you consider it rude.”

“Okay, I’ve had about enough,” Sungyeol stated, frowning. He wasn’t going to play the nice guy anymore. “Just why did you come here?”

“To get help on my one-sided love, remember?”

“Well, why’d you come here if all you’re going to do is call me stupid?” he asked irritably.

“Well, I didn’t necessarily sign up for Lee Sungyeol’s love advice,” he retorted cockily.

“What do you mean, you–”

“I wanted to see Sunggyu – the better love doctor.”

Sungyeol pursed his lips and glared at him. “Look, pal – do you want advice or not?”

“Well, I obviously need some sort of help.”

‘No ,’ Sungyeol thought to himself.

“Okay, if you want help, just tell me what kind of help you need.”

Myungsoo sighed, finally giving in. “Okay, fine. The person I like is a pretty friendly person, but can get a big temper. I-I… I really want to date them, but they barely know who I am.”

Sungyeol thought for a moment.

“Is it… Lee Ji-Eun?” he asked with a smile. His peppy attitude had returned.

Myungsoo blinked in surprise. “Erm, yeah… Lee Ji-Eun. How did you... how did you guess?”

Sungyeol grinned. “Don't underestimate the magical powers of a love doctor! Have no fear – I know all of the things that will make Ji-Eun beg to become yours!”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened in surprise as he sat with his arms crossed against his chest. Pulled out his lollipop and stared at Sungyeol.

“…Can I add something?” he asked.

“Go ahead.”

“Your necklace looks pretty stupid on you, too.”


A/N: A-Yo, whattup my brothaaassss xD how do you like it so far? is it too long? bad writing? not good? D: lol, im joking. if i KNEW that i big-time, then i wouldn't make stories that would torture you in the first place xD So, whattya think so far? im aiming for a light, fluffy feeling so tell me if i got it right (; i hope your enjoying so far! subscribe&comment to get more ^^ thanks to all 14 subscribers so far! i hope i didn't disappoint! (but, im still not that good yet, so i hope you bear with me) KayKay~!

Noodles - OUT

image