Beach Fun

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

“We’re in Jeju Island~!” Sungyeol sang to himself happily as he and Hoya entered their shared room.

Hoya chuckled as Sungyeol flounced over to his bed and flopped onto it, sighing contently.

“It really is nice,” Hoya agreed, setting his suitcase next to his bed. “It’s really relaxing – a lot more relaxing than anywhere like Seoul will ever be!”

Sungyeol laughed heartily. “I agree one hundred percent there, buddy! Hell, I wouldn’t mind going to school if it was in Jeju Island!”

Hoya laughed. “I  don’t really think your school is that bad! I like it better than my school in Busan, that’s for sure.”

Sungyeol smiled. “You like it here? Really? I’m glad to hear that!”

“Definitely,” Hoya replied happily as he pulled a volleyball from his bag. “People here are so much easier to get along with. Catch!” he called, throwing the volleyball to his roommate.

By instinct, Sungyeol set the ball into the air with his fingertips before catching it safely in his arms.

As he unpacked, Hoya looked at Sungyeol with interest. “You’re on the school’s volleyball team, right?”

Sungyeol grinned proudly as he played with the ball in his palms. “You bet I am! My height isn’t wasted one bit!”

Hoya laughed. “Nice! What position do you play?”

“I play offense. I mostly set and spike for my team,” he replied, tossing the ball back to Hoya.

Hoya caught it with ease and grinned. “You know what? I challenge you to a volleyball game later! I saw some volleyball nets near here, and you came into mind.”

Lying down so that Hoya wouldn’t be able to spot the blush crawling up his cheeks, he smiled comfortably. “You’re on!” he yelled enthusiastically.

Hoya smiled again as the door to their room burst open.

“The party has arrived!” Sungjong sang as he pranced in, jumping on the bed next to Sungyeol. “What did you two talk about while we were gone~?” he winked.

Sungyeol smashed a pillow into his doengsaeng’s face, hoping to the high heavens that Hoya hadn’t seen that wink.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun! I forbid you to wear those swim trunks in public!” Sunggyu scolded as he and his beloved boyfriend stepped in.

“Why not?!” Woohyun replied, genuine shock on his face. “I think they’re cute!”

His swim trunks were a fluorescent shade of green with a chubby-cheeked hamster on one leg and a winking bunny on the other. In the middle was a hot pink heart.

“It’s a symbol of our love~!” Woohyun swooned affectionately, skipping around his boyfriend. “I’m the bunny and you’re the hamster!” he giggled.

Sunggyu only shook his head and sat down on Hoya’s bed. “… the things I do for him,” he murmured with a slight smile.

“Well, it’s not like your swim trunks are any better!” Sungjong pointed out.

Sunggyu’s swim trunks were just blue. Yes, just blue – like the sky.

“At least mine are sensible!” he retorted. “I’m not some feminine looking boy with high-lighter pink swim trunks!” he shot.

Sungjong’s jaw dropped as he gasped. “How dare you insult the color pink!? Right, Yeol-hyung?!” he exclaimed, releasing his ‘aegyo-zilla’ mode as he turned to Sungyeol.

“Gyu-hyung, pink is obviously one of the greatest colors on earth,” Sungyeol stated knowingly.

Sungjong smiled triumphantly as Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “See?!” he shot. “When Sungyeol says something is amazing, then it’s amazing!”

“But Sungyeol also thinks that children’s magic is amazing,” Woohyun pointed out. “That proves your argument as invalid!”

Hoya laughed from the spot on his bed. Twirling the ball in his hands, he asked, “Are you guys always like this?”

Sungjong laughed with a wave of his hand. “Oh please – you should see us when we’re drunk,” he hinted.

Hoya only laughed some more as Sungjong began leafing through Sungyeol’s open suitcase.

“Yeol-hyung~” he sang. “Can I choose your beach outfit? Please~?”

“Beach? I though we were going to hit the pool!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

“Nah – Woohyun wants to go to the nearby beach and play in the ocean,” Sunggyu said. “So, we’re going to go to the beach instead.”

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. “Are you really changing our plans for your boyfriend?”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “You should see the ways he nags! Seriously, it’s worse than my own mother!”

Sungjong smirked and whispered to Sungyeol, “Actually, Gyu-hyung just wants to hold hands with Woohyun and skip into the horizon.”

Sungyeol burst out laughing just imagining Sunggyu in his sky blue trunks and Woohyun in his lime green ones skipping off into the sunset together.

“Plus,” Sungjong added, “the girls are hogging the pool and you know how uncomfortable I am around bikinis!”

Sungyeol only laughed. “The beach it is!” he agreed as he took out his phone.

As Sungjong started sorting his clothes and picking a few out, he asked, “Who are you texting, hyung?”

“Myungsoo,” he answered simply, “I’m letting him know that we’re going to the beach instead and to bring his roommate so we can meet him. Hey, who knows? Maybe we already know him!”

Sungjong rolled his eyes as he shoved a handful of clothes into Sungyeol’s unsuspecting arms and plunked a navy and yellow cap on his head.

“Yeah, yeah – go change in the bathroom then come back out!”

 

While the other boys were settling in and getting comfortable, Myungsoo had taken it upon himself to get to know his roommate – Jang Dongwoo – better.

“So, Dongwoo,” he began as he unpacked his duffel bag, “how come I’ve never seen you around before?”

Dongwoo grinned brightly as he laughed. “Oh, that’s probably because we’re not in the same homeroom, and I eat lunch in the yard instead of the cafeteria.”

Myungsoo only smiled back and nodded. “Well, it’s great to finally meet you, Dongwoo. And, like I mentioned earlier, I’m Myungsoo,” he said, offering his head.

“Nice to meet you, Myungsoo,” Dongwoo responded genially, giving his hand a firm shake.

As Myungsoo folded one of his shirts and placed them into a drawer, his phone vibrated. Fishing it out of his plaid shirt pocket, he looked at the lit screen.

Hai “Eddy” :3

CHANGE OF PLANS!!! we’re gonna hit a beach near here instead of the pool becuz sungjongie doesnt like girls in bikinis.

Bring ur roommate over to my room too! every1’s here already. hurry! i wanna meet him! then we can go to the beach together afterwards!

- sungyeol :)

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes at Sungyeol’s childish text. Flipping out his phone’s text pad, he typed back a reply.

ok Dooly we’re coming in a bit. we’re gonna change first. dont get your swim trunks in a bunch

try not to scare him away ok? =p

- myungsoo

He sent the reply with a press of a button, and not even thirty seconds later he got a reply. Pressing on the new message, he laughed at the reply.

jerk! >xp

“Who are you texting?” Dongwoo asked with a chuckle as he saw Myungsoo’s smile.

“A friend,” he replied, closing his phone. “He wants me to bring you to meet the rest of the gang. Is that cool with you?”

Dongwoo grinned. “Definitely! Most of my friends graduated last year, so I’m open to making new ones!”

Myungsoo smiled. “That’s great! They want to go to the beach nearby, so change into your swim trunks, okay?”

Dongwoo nodded. “Okay with me! I’m done unpacking, so I’ll just change now.”

Grabbing a handful of clothes, he disappeared into the bathroom, and Myungsoo took the opportunity to finish unpacking himself. As soon as he finished, he changed into a pair of navy swim trunks and a while sleeveless hoodie.

Dongwoo came out seconds later, sporting a simple white tank top and blue swim trunks. Slapping on a pair of sunglasses, he slipped on a pair of sandals.

“I hope I get along with your friends,” Dongwoo said.

Myungsoo smiled as he reached for his own sandals. “Believe me – they’re super easy to get along with. The only way you won’t get along with them, is if you’re a jerk to them at first meeting, but I don’t think you’re someone to do something like that.”

Dongwoo chuckled. “They sound fun,” he commented as they exited their room, “I can’t wait to meet them now. What room are they in?”

“They met up in 17G, so it’s on our floor,” he replied.

“Alright! Less walking!” Dongwoo shouted happily, fist-pumping the air.

They both laughed as they began to walk down the air-conditioned hallways. They found the room rather easily, because there were loud yells and cheers that could be heard even through the doors.

“Knock, knock!” Myungsoo called as he pushed the unlocked door open.

“Isn’t my creation gorgeous?!” Sungjong squealed, ignoring Myungsoo’s entrance.

“I’ll admit it,” Woohyun said, “Yeol looks good.”

Myungsoo looked over to where Sungyeol stood. He had just come out of the bathroom from the looks of it. He stood there, examining himself in front of a mirror.

Sungyeol wore a pair of white swim trunks with light grey lining and a long navy blue tank top. On his head was a navy and yellow cap with its front turned to the back.

“Does it suit me?” Sungyeol asked, turning and staring at his reflection.

“I like it,” Hoya commented, which over course, made Sungyeol turn pink.

But before anyone could notice, he turned and finally spotted Myungsoo.

“Ah, Myungsoo’s here!” he called, pointing at them.

Myungsoo waved. “Yep. We’re here, alright.”

Sungyeol just grinned and glanced at Dongwoo.

“DONGWOO HYUNG!” he nearly shrieked, leaping over to hug the boy.

“Sungyeol!” Dongwoo laughed, catching Sungyeol as the choding leaped into his arms. “I haven’t seen you in a while, buddy!”

Everyone in the room had silenced as they watched.

“Sungyeol,” Sunggyu finally spoke, “would you like to introduce your friend, er, Myungsoo’s roommate to us?”

Sungyeol grinned ecstatically. “Sure! Guys, this is Jang Dongwoo! He’s on the volleyball team with me but he injured himself not too long ago, so he’s not playing this season. What a coincidence that you would end up as Myungsoo’s roommate!”

Dongwoo grinned cheekily, patting Sungyeol on the back. “It sure is a coincidence! I never thought that Myungsoo’s friends would be one of my own!”

“How’s your arm healing?” Sungyeol asked, gingerly touching the boy’s left arm.

Dongwoo flexed it. “It’s a lot better! Doctor says I can play next season, but still wants me to rest up during this one.”

“Wait, Yeol is on a volleyball team?” Myungsoo interrupted, his face filled with genuine shock.

“You didn’t know that?” Sungjong questioned with disbelief.

“Um, no, not really. It’s pretty new to me, actually.”

Sungjong just rolled his eyes and murmured, “…Idiot…”

“Hey! I seriously didn’t know! Yeol and I have only known each other for a few weeks!”

“…True, that. Okay, I won’t make you eat lemon candy this time,” Sungjong reasoned.

Myungsoo shivered of the terrifying picture of Sungjong holding those treacherous lemon candies. He really hated things that were too sweet.

“Okay, now that we’ve all met, let’s head to the beach next door before we have to meet up with the rest of the class,” Sunggyu announced.

In a flurry of cheers and whoops, the seven boys ran out of their room, doing their best not to crash into anyone.

Which, of course, failed.

“OMO!” a high pitch squeal sounded as Sungyeol crashed into someone.

And Sungyeol and his victim fell to the ground, Sunggyu and the rest failed to notice, and just kept running.

“Aigoo, Yeol,” IU nagged as she rubbed her bottom, “you need to watch where you run!”

“Ah! IU!” Sungyeol gasped, helping his friend off of the floor. “I’m so sorry! We just always seem to crash into each other, don’t we?” he laughed.

IU grinned and just brushed her bare shoulders. Adjusting her pink plaid bikini, she said, “No worries, Yeol. My friends and I were planning to go the pool, but it’s too crowded!”

Only then did Sungyeol notice that IU had at least three other girls with her – if his memory served him right, they were girls named Hyosung, Chorong, and of course his cousin Na-Eun.

Hyosung, who was on her right, added, “Besides, all of the girls in the pool are barely wearing anything. I mean, yeah, they’re wearing bikinis, but they’re three sizes too small and it’s just – EW!” she sputtered.

Sungyeol laughed at the two girls and said, “Hey, you want to come with me and the guys to the beach next door? We’re going to play until it’s time for dinner!”

IU nodded excitedly. “Okay! We have our bags with us, so let’s just catch up with your friends!”

Sungyeol grabbed both of their hands, running with them all they way to the beach, where his friends had already set up the umbrellas and towels.

“Sungyeol!” Woohyun called out, waving his arms back and forth. “We’re over here!”

Sungyeol grinned and motioned for the girls to follow him. He led them over, where Sunggyu gave him a questioning glance.

“Yeol, why are you suddenly surrounded by girls?”

“Because I’m hot~!” Sungyeol teased playfully, making the girls giggle.

Myungsoo pulled his shades down for a brief second, staring at him with a cocky smirk.

“You? Hot? I’m sorry, Sungyeol, but lying is unhealthy,” he snickered.

A few of the girls giggled while Sungyeol slapped the ravenette’s arm with a pout. But as Myungsoo laughed, he caught IU’s eyes and they stared at each other for a few seconds before they both turned red and looked away.

“Yah, Lee Ji-Eun~” Chorong squealed softly at IU’s red face.

IU just smacked her arm as Woohyun let out a loud whoop.

“JEJU ISLAND!” he yelled, throwing his arms into the air. “I LOVE YOU!”

Without hesitation, he pulled off his white tee shirt and ran down to the ocean. Sunggyu just rubbed his forehead as Woohyun jumped into the waves, splashing and having enjoying his time.

“Aigoo, that idiot,” Sunggyu mumbled to himself.

“GYU~!” Woohyun yelled from the ocean, “COME JOIN ME, YEOBO~!”

Sunggyu froze for a good three seconds before shrugging. “Well, it’s worth a shot.” With that, he pulled off his own sleeveless tee and ran down to the water to play with his boyfriend.

“Let’s go, Chorongie!” Na-Eun squealed as she grasped her friend’s wrist and pulled her down to the waves.

Before long, all of them were playing around in the water – some shirtless, some not, some splashing, some being splashed on, and some were just floated around.

Sungyeol was busy splashing Sunggyu when someone lifted him out of the water.

“Ack!” he squealed as Woohyun hoisted him onto his shoulders. “Yah – Nam Woohyun! What are you doing?!”

“Chicken fight!” he yelled playfully.

And as he yelled, Sungjong was placed on top of Sunggyu’s shoulders as the chicken fight began. Sungyeol and Woohyun let out a battle cry as they charged Sunggyu and Sungjong. Sungjong was so busy laughing that he could barely fight Sungyeol off.

“We’re winning!” Sungyeol cried in a victorious voice, as Sungjong was about to fall over.

But of course, Woohyun just had to trip so that he and Sungyeol fell on top of Sungjong and Sunggyu. But it didn’t matter, because everyone came back up laughing anyways.

“Hey, Sungyeol!” Hoya called from a few feet away.

“Yeah?!”

“How about that volleyball match?!”

“You bet! We should split into teams!”

“Teams?” Woohyun asked suddenly, intruding into their conversation. “I want to play on teams! Let’s play!”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes as he just walked out of the water.

“I’m too old for this…” he muttered to himself.

“I want to be on Yeol-hyung’s team!” Sungjong exclaimed, racing out of the water to where a few volleyball nets were set.

Sungyeol raced after him, tackling him in a hug as he cried out, “Sungjongie’s on my team!”

Hoya laughed as he dried his hair with a towel.

“Then, I want Myungsoo,” he decided with a triumphant grin.

Everyone, especially Myungsoo, was surprised by his choice. Hoya and Myungsoo weren’t exactly the closest among them.

“I accept the offer,” Myungsoo said regally, tying his towel around his neck like a cape as he marched to Hoya’s side of the net.

“I want Dongwoo-hyung!” Sungyeol cried out, grabbing his friend’s hand.

“Whoo!” Dongwoo yelled happily, his cheeky grin stretching across his face.

“Then I guess we’re stuck with Woohyun,” Myungsoo said, pointing to the said boy.

“Hey!” Woohyun said. “You should feel honored in King Nam’s royal presence!” he exclaimed.

“Royal? I’m the royal one! I have the cape!” Myungsoo backfired, pointing at his pink Hello Kitty themed towel.

“No, I am!” Woohyun retorted.

“Can we be your cheerleaders?!” Na-Eun squealed eagerly.

“Of course you can!” Sungyeol agreed. “Decide whose team you want to be on!”

Na-Eun grabbed Chorong’s hand and immediately dragged her to Sungyeol’s side of the net.

“We’re team Yeol!” she cheered excitedly.

“Then we’re team Hoya!” IU exclaimed, jumping up and down with Hyosung on the other side.

Sungyeol laughed, but stopped as he noticed Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was staring.

At IU.

And not exactly in the most appropriate places.

Sungyeol’s eyebrows immediately furrowed. ‘How dare he stare at her unmentionables?!’ he thought angrily. ‘That ert! I’m going to take him down!’

Slamming his cap down onto his head and twisting it to the back, he glared at the enemy team as Sunggyu held the volleyball.

“So, what do the losers have to do?” Woohyun asked out of the blue.

“Hm,” Sunggyu said, contemplating for a second. “Since it’s getting pretty late, the losers have to carry the winners all the way back to the resort. How does that sound?”

“Sounds good!” Sungjong agreed excitedly, jumping up and down in his terry-cloth hoodie.

“Are you guys ready to play?” he asked with the sound of boredom in his voice.

“YEAH!” Sungjong and Dongwoo cheered together, high-fiving.

“I’m READY!” Woohyun cried from the other side, being excited by him self.

Sunggyu threw the ball to Hoya, who caught it rather easily. As silence engulfed their small sand court, Hoya concentrated on serving the ball.

He threw the ball quietly in the air, and then SMACK!

He slapped the volleyball with a large amount of force and smashed it to the other side.

“Mine!” Dongwoo cried out, successfully hitting the ball into the air.

“I got it!” Sungjong yelled, setting it into the air.

And with a jump and a battle cry that sounded all too familiar to a screeching monkey, Sungyeol spiked the ball down into the ground hard, the sand practically rippling from impact.

Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Hoya stared at him open-mouthed, surprised that so much power could come from such skinny arms.

Na-Eun and Chorong jumped up and down and cheered crazily, their high-pitched squeals making Sunggyu wince. And even though IU and Hyosung were the other team’s cheerleaders, they cheered, too.

“…that was scary,” Woohyun murmured, staring at the opposing team who were busy high-fiving each other.

“Do you think we’re going to lose?” Myungsoo asked apprehensively.

“Impossible,” Hoya said decisively, his prideful side showing. “No way am I going to lose to those guys! We’re the manly warrior team! They’re the skinny girly team! We can beat them!”

“YEAH!”

But they didn’t.

They lost, because every time Sungyeol unleashed his ‘battle spike of power’ as he named it, they could never return the ball.

Ever.

Not even once.

So, by the time the golden sun had begun to dip under the horizon, the ‘manly warrior team’ had lost by a landslide.

They lost twenty-seven to three, actually.

Lee Sungyeol wasn’t on the varsity volleyball team for nothing.

“Wah, we win~!” Sungyeol cried happily, giving his teammates high-fives and chest bumps.

“Win goes to team Yeol,” Sunggyu announced, rather amused at seeing his boyfriend be defeated.

Woohyun pouted and stared up at Sunggyu with his infamous aegyo eyes.

“Gyu-yeobo~” he cooed, “do I have to give them a piggy-back ride~? I don’t want to~!”

“That for you, doesn’t it?” Sunggyu laughed triumphantly, watching Woohyun pout some more.

“We’re going to head back first,” Hyosung announced as she and the other girls grabbed their handbags. “It was fun, so let’s do it again! We’ll meet you back at the dining hall for dinner!”

“Bye~!” Sungjong called out, waving as they walked away. Turning back to the guys, he asked, “So, who’s giving who a piggyback ride?”

“I personally think we should do this by height,” Sunggyu replied sensibly. “We wouldn’t want Woohyun here breaking his back under someone like Sungyeol, would we?”

“Very good point,” Myungsoo agreed. “But I’m sure that Sungyeol’s tooth-pick body will barely weigh anything at all.”

“Hey!” Sungyeol shouted, offended.

“Anyways,” Sunggyu continued, “if we’re doing this by height, Hoya should carry the shortest. Who’s shorter between you three?”

“Not me!” Sungyeol said cheekily.

“We know it’s not you, Yeol,” Sungjong said playfully, punching his ribcage. “I think I’m a bit shorter than Dongwoo-hyung.”

“Okay, then Hoya can carry Sungjong, Woohyun will carry Dongwoo, and Myungsoo will carry Sungyeol. Deal? Deal. Let’s go before they run out of good spots in the dining room.”

Much to the ‘manly’ team’s dissatisfaction, they let the winning team jump on their backs without hesitation. Hoya, being a rather well built person, carried Sungjong with such ease; it was like Sungjong wasn’t even there. Woohyun, though, struggled under the weight of Dongwoo, who would eventually start feeling guilty and offer to carry him instead (which Woohyun would agree to). And Myungsoo just simply let Sungyeol hop on his back and began walking. They were a bit far behind compared to the others, but it was okay, because it was comfortably quiet.

Feeling the evening beach breeze and listening to the sound of their shuffling feet were quite nice after a pretty strenuous volleyball game. Well, strenuous for Myungsoo anyways – Sungyeol didn’t break a sweat.

“You’re good at volleyball,” Myungsoo said after a few minutes of hesitation.

“Oh,” Sungyeol responded dryly. “Thanks, I guess. I never would’ve thought that compliment would come out of your mouth.”

Frowning, Myungsoo shifted Sungyeol roughly on his back pretending to drop him, making the choding squeal like… well, like a dolphin, actually.

Bursting out laughing, Myungsoo said, “The heck was that? Is that what your scream sounds like?”

“O-Only when I’m caught off guard!” Sungyeol defended, turning pink.

Myungsoo only laughed. Sungyeol was seriously unlike normal people.

“By the way…” Sungyeol suddenly began, a bit of wariness in his voice.

“Yeah?” Myungsoo asked, staring straight ahead.

“Earlier, I noticed… um, when IU and the girls were jumping up and down and stuff. You… you were sort staring at IU’s… parts,” he said, whispering the last part.

Myungsoo blinked. “I did? Did I, really? I’m not a ert, though. Staring at girls’ parts is just disrespectful.”

“That’s how I thought you were, too, but you were staring at IU’s, er… badonka-donks,” he whispered in a strained voice.

Myungsoo laughed. “Really? Just say s, Yeol.”

“No, don’t say it!” he cried, attempting to cover his ears with the one hand that wasn’t wrapped around Myungsoo’s neck.

“Such a choding,” Myungsoo chuckled, earning a small smack from Sungyeol.

“But still,” Sungyeol demanded, “tell me why you did! I felt offended!”

“Why are you offended? You don’t have s.”

“BADONKA-DONKS!” Sungyeol corrected loudly.

Myungsoo burst out into a fit of laughter again, making it rather difficult to hold Sungyeol up.

“Yah, don’t drop me!” the choding demanded. “And as I was going to say – I feel offended because it’s rude to stare at girls like that! Plus, IU’s one of my friends! Whether you have a crush on her or not, I won’t let you look at her like that.”

“…You sure are protective of her, aren’t you?” Myungsoo said, his mouth having slightly twitched.

“Of course I am! She’s like my sister!”

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes as he trudged forward. “Okay, you want my answer?”

“Yes.”

“I wasn’t staring at her boo–… badonka-donks, Yeol. I was staring at her swimsuit choice.”

“The pink one?” Sungyeol asked. “I like it, too. But why would you like it? You don’t like pink.”

“Yeah, but it was plaid.”

“So?”

“I like plaid.”

 

A/N: hi guys, I'm really sick so ill cut this a/n a bit short. I hope you enjoyed and I hoped you liked their amazing volleyball loser and winner time! Subscribe&comment for more, and I should go now, cause I gotta head toy eh doctor -_- ugh, I just sneezed. Yuck... Anyways. Sick Quinnie will disappear now...