The Love Doctors in Jeju Island

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

Sungyeol watched Myungsoo as he glanced at IU, and she looked back at him straight in the eye. They seemed to exchange a few words then Myungsoo looked back at the table. He caught Sungyeol’s eye for a few seconds and then turned back to IU. After they talked for a bit more, they both exited the cafeteria together, an urgent look on Myungsoo’s face. Confused, Sungyeol craned his neck to see where they were going, but lost them in the crowd.

“Something wrong, hyung?” Sungjong asked as he noticed Sungyeol’s strange behavior.

Turning back quickly, Sungyeol said, “A-Ah, no. Nothing’s wrong at all.”

Sungjong smiled. “Good! You need to be bright and perky today, because Sunggyu’s opening up the Love Hospital by the pool!”

“Really?” Sungyeol asked in surprise. “The Love Hospital in Jeju Island?”

“Yep! There were a few unhappy girls and he couldn’t stand to see people unhappy on a vacation, so he sent out a mass text message saying that he was opening up the Love Hospital by the pool today. We’re opening right after breakfast and working until lunch, so you need to eat for energy!” he said, holding a strawberry up to his lips.

Sungyeol ruffled his hair and bit into the strawberry, chewing the fruit.

It didn’t taste sweet to him.

 

True to his word, Sunggyu did open up the Love Hospital later that day. There was already a large crowd of girls, and even a few boys that were waiting for the doctors’ arrival. But before making their amazing entrance, Sunggyu and Sungyeol cornered Myungsoo.

“Put this on,” Sunggyu ordered, throwing him a pair of pink shorts and a white t-shirt.

Catching it with ease, he asked, “Why?”

Sungyeol sighed deeply and placed both of his hands on Myungsoo’s shoulders. “Myung – Gyu and I have thought long and hard about this – and finally, we’ve decided to accept it.”

“You mean you’ve decided to accept it,” Sunggyu corrected. “I was fine with it from the very beginning.”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Nevertheless – I’ve finally accepted it, and will allow it with as little annoyance I can muster.”

“Why are you talking like my grandpa?!” Myungsoo shouted, confused. “And what are you talking about?!”

Sungyeol smacked the side of his head, his fluffy hair flying in different directions. “I’ve finally decided that I’m not going be mad about you being a love doctor anymore! Today’s your first day of work! Don’t let me down!”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Right,” he replied sarcastically, “I would hate to let you down, Yeol.”

Sungyeol grinned and patted him on the back. “That’s a good boy,” he joked. “Now put your uniform on. Woohyun told Sunggyu to make us all match. Sunggyu agreed, obviously.”

“Nothing new there,” Myungsoo chuckled, changing his shirt. “Well, at least it’s not a shirt with some greasy saying on it. I would’ve bet money that Woohyun would pick something like that.”

“Who says I didn’t?” a voice gooey with sweetness asked from a distance.

Woohyun appeared with a skip and a leap into Sunggyu’s arms. Sungjong was following close behind, munching on a handful of pretzels.

“Sunggyu-hyung~!” he sang, pecking him on the cheek.

Sunggyu turned beet red as a flock of nearby girls started squealing with joy. Everyone knew that Woohyun and Sunggyu were an item. Even though girls were pretty sad at first (after all, Woohyun and Sunggyu are rather good looking) they had grown to accept it and even started to fan-girl over it quite frequently.

“Shh, Woohyun, not now,” Sunggyu whispered, pecking him back softly.

Woohyun only giggled like a middle school girl and kissed him softly, making the boy blush madly once again. They continued like that for a good two minutes before Sungjong flicked Woohyun’s forehead.

“Save it for your bed!” he shouted, shoving his way to Sungyeol’s side. “I swear, you two can’t go a single day without touching each other – and in such a greasy way, too!”

“Hey!” Woohyun whined, grabbing onto Sunggyu’s arm protectively. “You’re being mean, Sungjongie!”

“I’m not being mean, I’m just telling the truth!” he reasoned easily, biting into another pretzel.

“Can’t argue there,” Myungsoo agreed with a lighthearted chuckle.

“Gyu-hyung! Say something!” Woohyun whined, clinging onto his ‘Gyu-hyung’ aggressively.

Sunggyu sighed. “It’s a lie.”

“I knew it! And when Gyu-hyung says something is a lie then it’s a lie! Case closed!” he cheered by himself.

Sungyeol shook his head. “I didn’t understand half of what just happened.”

Sungjong scoffed. “You and me, both. Pretzel?” he asked, holding the snack up to Sungyeol’s lips. Sungyeol shrugged and ate it.

“So – as I was saying before,” Woohyun said, “I did pick shirts with greasy sayings.”

“Where?” Sungyeol asked, looking down at all three of their white shirts. “I don’t see anything.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “Look on the back of your shirts, guys!”

Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol all attempted to crane their necks far enough to see the backs of their shirts. But after suffering three minutes of their idiocy, Sungjong threw his hands up in the air.

“My goodness, you three are slow!” he exclaimed. “Stand still!” he demanded, walking behind them to look at their shirts. He sighed and then said, “Well, Sunggyu’s shirt says ‘I’, Myungsoo’s shirt says ‘love’, and Sungyeol’s shirt says ‘you’. Does this answer your question?” he asked impatiently.

“Yep,” Sunggyu replied, ruffling his hair affectionately. “Thanks, Jongie.”

He smiled. “You are welcome. Now, I suggest opening the Love Hospital up before the crowds eat you alive,” he said, pointing to the swarm of adolescents.

“Oh… right,” Sunggyu said. “Okay guys – let’s go!”

The three love doctors took a deep breath and entered the area in which they would be holding their appointments. The crowd immediately parted as if they were celebrities – and maybe they were, considering their reputation. If their school were the entertainment industry, they would definitely be somewhat famous. But rather than being at an actor or singer status, they were more like those talk show hosts.

But obviously, their school wasn’t the entertainment industry, so they’re just stuck as regular love doctors. But as they walked, people noticed how there were three love doctors instead of two.

“Omo, Myungsoo became a love doctor?”

“When did they add him?”

“Wait, does this mean that Myungsoo is gay also?”

“Why would they add that emotionless ice-prince to the team?”

Murmurs ensued around them, and Sungyeol couldn’t really help but frown at the last comment. Myungsoo wasn’t really emotionless. Really! He was funny and sarcastic, not to mention a good cook!

Unconsciously, he grabbed onto Myungsoo’s shoulders in front of him, and pushed him forward through the crowd. At first, the ravenette just raised an eyebrow, but let the choding steer him through the teens.

 

It had been at least three hours when IU had plunked herself in the seat in front of Sungyeol.

“Hi Yeollie!” she said excitedly, giggling at his tired expression.

“Ah, IU! I didn’t know you were one of my appointments!”

“Well, I am, now! At first, I signed up for Myungsoo, but he was overbooked. And obviously, you’re my second choice!” she smiled.

Sungyeol blinked. “Myungsoo was overbooked?”

She nodded. “Mm-hm. Everyone wants to know what kind of love advice Myungsoo has to give, since he barely talks anywhere else.”

Sungyeol shrugged. “Okay, I guess. So, what brings you here?”

She took a deep breath. “I found someone I like!”

A grin breaking onto his face, Sungyeol exclaimed, “IU, that’s great! Who’s the guy?”

“Well… that’s kind of private for now,” she giggled shyly.

“Okay, then – tell me what he’s like!” he urged with a smile.

She sighed dreamily, holding her chin in her hands. “He’s so… dreamy,” she swooned. “He’s good-looking, he’s polite, and he’s just perfect!”

“IU, I meant personality,” Sungyeol chuckled. “Not that your fangirling isn’t cute or anything.”

She giggled. “Okay then! Well, to start off, he’s kind of a quiet guy. He doesn’t say much and he seems really cold from afar.” Sungyeol chuckled as he began writing down notes. IU continued, “And he’s tall, and handsome, too! But not as tall as you, of course, Yeollie~! Oh, and his humor is kind of sarcastic, but he’s actually really sweet! And do you know what I think is adorable – his laugh! He laughs kind of softly, but when something is really funny, he laughs till his stomach hurts! Ah~ so cute~!” she squeaked.

Sungyeol smiled as he glanced down at the notes he took. So, judging from what IU had said, the boy she liked was a silent type, he was sarcastic, and has a loud laugh when something’s really funny.

“And where did you meet him?” he asked.

She grinned. “I met him yesterday on the beach!”

He raised an eyebrow. “Do I… know him?”

She shrugged. “Maybe you do, maybe you don’t~! Ah, Sungyeollie, he’s just so nice~!”

Sungyeol swallowed as he stared at her mindless squeals. She just sighed happily and glanced up at him.

“So, that’s all I have to tell you!” she stated with a smile. “Do you have any ideas for me to approach him?”

He grinned. “To be honest, I think that if you’ve already met, you should walk up to him like he’s a friend. Once he’s comfortable, you could always tell him your feelings.”

She nodded. “Sounds good! I like it! Thanks so much, Yeollie~! I call you to see if I need anything else!”

With a preppy smile, she left Sungyeol where he was. As soon as she left, though, his smile faded. Looking over the adjectives that IU used to describe her crush, he could only think of one name.

Kim Myungsoo.

“What does it mean…?” he murmured to himself.

“What does what mean, Dooly?”

Sungyeol glared up at Myungsoo, who stood over him. “Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be holding appointments?”

“I’m your next appointment, though. Sunggyu’s taking my next customer.”

“…Okay, then. I’m actually kind of glad that you came,” Sungyeol said as Myungsoo sat. “How’s, uh… How’s your crush with IU going?”

He smiled. “It’s… alright. Nothing really seems to have changed, so sometimes I think I should just move on.”

Sungyeol shook his head violently. “No! You must like her! I-I mean… what if she starts to like you back, you know? You never know!”

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows. “If you say so, Yeol. By the way – I think I want to leave her another surprise!”

“Like what?”

“I want to put another note or something under her door for her to find! Nice, right?”

Sungyeol nodded. “Very nice! Do you want help or anything?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “Nah, I think I can do this one on my own – after all, I’m a love doctor too, right?”

Sungyeol chuckled and patted his shoulder. “Right. Now – get back to your clients before Sunggyu dies over there,” he said, gesturing to the hamster who looked about ready to pass out.

Myungsoo laughed and nodded, leaving without another word. Sungyeol watched as he resumed his ‘doctor booth’ and Sunggyu shot him a face filled with relief. The choding laughed at their boss’ reaction and looked down at his notes once again.

Kim Myungsoo and Lee Ji-Eun.

The two names were repeated over and over in his head as he compared the notes side by side. It seemed too good to be true, in all honesty. Was IU finally falling for Myungsoo? Could Myungsoo finally make IU his? As much as he wanted the two together, there was this gut-wreching feeling whenever he said their names with each other.

'What the hell?' he thought.

A million questions ran through his mind as the day continued, and by the time lunch rolled around, the love hospital had closed up shop.

“What a day!” Sungyeol cried out as he and Myungsoo walked towards his room.

Woohyun and Sunggyu had gone down to the beach (most likely for more snuggling), Sungjong went to shower, and Hoya and Dongwoo were checking out a nearby dance studio.

“I can’t believe you have that many patients,” Myungsoo commented lightly. “And in case you’re wondering, I already gave IU her note. Your eyes were practically begging me to tell you.”

Sungyeol pouted and crossed his arms. “Yah, Kim Myungsoo – don’t talk to me like you know everything!”

Myungsoo just chuckled and pinched one of the boy’s chubby cheeks. “Aish, you look like a kid!”

Sungyeol just turned a very subtle shade of pink as he looked away. “So… I talked with IU today and… I think she might like you back,” he said quickly, changing the subject.

“Really?” Myungsoo asked, surprised. “That’s… good news, I guess. Which reminds me – don’t you like anyone, Sungyeol? I’ve been curious about that for a while.”

Sungyeol looked away. “…Don’t you already know? I-I… I like Hoya, remember?”

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows. “But you said you just wanted to be friends with him.”

“Oh, yeah!” he gasped. “I just want to be friends – forget anything that I just said!”

“Too late for that, Yeol,” Myungsoo laughed. “You just gave everything away! And lucky you did, too – I’ll finally have something to blackmail you with.”

“Jerk,” Sungyeol murmured.

Myungsoo pushed him playfully. “Stupid.”

They came to Myungsoo’s room soon afterwards, opening the door quickly. Sungyeol stretched his arms and flopped down on Myungsoo’s bed, sighing happily.

“You’re bed is comfortable! I like it!” he said into the pillow.

“Yah, off my bed – you’ll get your cooties on it.”

“What?!” he exclaimed. “I’ve got no cooties, you – OW!” Screamed from having sat on something that poked his the wrong way, Sungyeol jumped off the bed. “What was that?!”

Curious, the two of them shuffled the covers around until they revealed a small box. Myungsoo picked it up, and opened it, revealing a small pile of candy.

“Candy?” he said softly. Glancing at the box again, he noticed a small note taped to the back. He ripped it off, and he and Sungyeol read it together.

Because you’re sweet~

“…That’s it?” Sungyeol asked. “That’s all the note says? No deep confession, no fluffy words just… that?”

Myungsoo shrugged. “Guess so. Does this mean I have a secret admirer too?”

Sungyeol blinked. It did mean that he had an admirer, too, didn’t it? “…Yeah,” he said softly.

“…Cool,” Myungsoo responded dryly, shoving the note into his pocket. “Guess we’re both being handed secret love confessions, huh?”

“Yup,” he replied. “Guess so – by the way, um, earlier today when you went outside with IU… what did you two talk about?”

Myungsoo, who looked suddenly nervous, quickly said, “Uh… you saw that, huh? I… we just… talked,” he said.

“You just talked?”

“…Yes.”

“About what?”

“About… how much fun we had at the beach yesterday – that’s all. You didn’t happen to… overhear our conversation, possibly, did you?” he asked, a bit flustered.

“No. What does that–”

Here, you take this,” Myungsoo said quickly, throwing the box of candy to Sungyeol.

Barely catching it, he replied, “Why? Don’t you want it?”

“Nah,” he said, heading to the bathroom. “You can have it – I don’t want it.”

“But why?”

Ignoring him, Myungsoo slammed the door to the bathroom, clicking the lock. Sungyeol sighed as he stared at the door and then back to the box of candy.

“What if…” he thought, “this is from… IU?”

 

In the bathroom, Myungsoo breathed heavily, having recovered from a small shock. Sungyeol had seen him leaving with IU. That was bad news. Taking out his phone, he flipped it open and started  new text.

to: Ji-Eunnie!

- Yah. Lee Ji-Eun. sungyeol saw us leaving together this morning

~ myung

Two seconds later, he got a quick reply.

to: myung

- he did!? omo, did he hear us?!

~Ji-Eunnie!

 

to: Ji-Eunnie!

- thankfully, no. but that was too close.

~ myung


A/N: DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN~!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! idk...

WOW i'm back! Hi guys! 8D I finally got around to finishing this! I had ideas, but they just didn't... flow, ya know? hm, maybe you don't.

EN-HEE-WAYSSSS!!!

did you like it? 83 was it suspenseful? is our yeollie getting jealous~? ANY IDEAS ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

Well, that's for ME to know, and for YOU  to find out.

LATER!

lol, subscribe&comment for more!!! (and maybe i'll update faster if my brain doesn't fail me xD)

BY THE WAY! does anyone know like, a good hardcore myungyeol fic? I don't care if it's yours or not, i'm just really in the mood for one (lol SHAMELESS ) so, yeah... reccomendations, anyone? there doesn't even need to be a good plot, i'm just looking for .

WELL, I should be going now, so I'll leave you with that~!

love, Quinnie~!

QUINNIE - VANISH!

yeah, i'm more derpy than a sweet author that well...