Stalkers and Squirrels

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

“Myung!” Sungyeol shouted as he ran down the halls at top speed. “Kim Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo turned around. Since it was the end of the day and there was no Love Hospital today (Sunggyu was busy with Woohyun), he was about leave campus. He thought that Sungyeol was leaving too, since they had bid each other goodbye earlier.

“Myung!” Sungyeol continued yelling, sprinting towards him. “Myung, Myung, Myung, Myung!”

“What is it?” he asked, not at all surprised at the choding’s behavior.

“Look!” he cried, shoving the note from his locker in the ravenette’s face. “Look, look, look at it, look!”

“I’m looking,” Myungsoo chuckled, stepping back to read the note.

I told you not to get close to him.

He plucked the note out of Sungyeol’s hands and blinked. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means that my secret admirer’s a stalker and it’s scaring me!” he explained, flailing around.

“Wait,” Myungsoo paused, placing his hands on the other’s shoulders. “You mean you found this note in your locker?”

“Yeah.”

“How is that possible?”

“What do you mean? He sent me another one about a week ago. Didn’t I show it to you?”

“No! When did they start giving you notes again?!”

“Like I said, about a week ago. Why?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “Never mind. It doesn’t matter. Uh, what are you worried about again?”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened again as he remembered the reason he came to Myungsoo in the first place. “My admirer! He’s starting to scare me! Last week, he told me to keep away from you, and now it sounds like he saw us being close, or something, because then he sent me a warning message. It scares me, Myung!” he whined.

“Calm down,” Myungsoo hushed. “Maybe it’s just some love-sick girl.”

Sungyeol sighed. “Maybe it is, but they’re scaring me! Like, really scaring me! What if they’re actually stalking me, Myung?” he said, clinging to the shorter’s sleeve. “What do I do?”

“…How should I know?” he asked after a moment of hesitation. “I’ve never had a stalker before.”

Sungyeol gasped. “So… he really is a stalker?!”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Yeol, he’s probably just some lovesick weirdo that can’t get you out of his head, or something along those lines.”

Sungyeol paused. “How… how do you know it’s a he?”

“Hm?”

“I mean, how do you know it’s a guy? How do you know that it isn’t a girl?”

The ravenette blinked before forcing out a strained laugh. “I don’t know that Yeol, I just said that out of instinct!”

Luckily, the taller couldn’t figure out his weird behavior and brushed it off. Instead, he kept on rambling. “What if it’s a psycho stalker?!” he worried. “What if he kidnaps me and takes me somewhere no one knows and…” He let out a long gasp. “What if he doesn’t feed me?”

 “That’d be bad,” Myungsoo agreed, unblinking. “You definitely need food.”

Sungyeol pouted and stared at the floor when his stomach let out a rumble. “I’m hungry,” he whined.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and sighed, tugging on the taller boy’s sleeve to follow him. “Let’s get you fed, then,” he said, giving his stomach a small pat. “Follow me, Yeol.”

Pouting and upset over practically nothing, Sungyeol followed the other to the cafeteria (which was open during and after school hours). Most of the time, it was more like a buffet. Myungsoo grabbed what looked like a granola bar, a package of cookies, a bottle of banana milk and a corndog. He showed the cafeteria lady his school ID and told them to charge it under his name and then walked out with Sungyeol trailing behind. They found a nice patch of grass under a random tree, sat down, and Myungsoo handed him the food.

“You didn’t have to do that, you know,” Sungyeol mumbled, biting into the granola bar. “I could’ve gotten myself food.”

“You could’ve,” Myungsoo agreed. “But I feel like you’d probably find a way to make me pay for it anyways.”

Sungyeol laughed. “Yeah, I probably would. You didn’t get all of this for me, did you?”

Myungsoo smiled. “No, the corndog belongs to me,” he said. “I’m hungry, too! He rest is for you, though.”

And by the time Myungsoo had eaten two-thirds of his corndog, Sungyeol had finished the granola bar, the package of cookies, and was halfway done with the banana milk.

“So,” the ravenette suddenly asked, “why do they want you to stay away from me?”

Sungyeol shrugged. “I’m not sure actually. The first note only said to not get close to you.”

He blinked. “So… does that mean the stalker thinks we’re close?”

“He must. I mean, he wrote out your name. Do we look that close?”

Myungsoo shrugged. “Well, we do spend a lot of time together, if you really think about it.”

“Yeah, I think I’ve spent at least eighty percent of my time with you.”

“Is your stalker jealous over that?” he asked in disbelief.

“Well, you’d think we’re practically a couple, with all this time we spend together.”

“But we’re not a couple,” Myungsoo pointed out.

“Yet~!” Sungyeol teased, poking his nose.

“Why?” Myungsoo teased back, a smile tugging his lips. “Do you want to be a couple?”

“Hm… no!”

Feigning an offended look, Myungsoo gasped. “What? Why not? I’d be a great boyfriend!”

“But Hoya would be a better one!”

Myungsoo just scoffed and rolled his eyes, finishing his corndog, and tossing the stick in a nearby trashcan. “Can I have the rest of your banana milk?” he asked.

“Take it,” Sungyeol offered, handing him the bottle.

Myungsoo the rest of the milk from the straw, also tossing that into the garbage can. He came back and sat down with a satisfied sigh. He rested his arms on his knees looking up at the clear blue sky.

“Nice day, today,” he said.

Sungyeol looked up. “Yep – real nice.” He turned and studied Myungsoo’s face for a brief second. “…Were you jealous just now?”

“What?”

“Just now – I mentioned Hoya and you got mad really randomly. Do you not like Hoya?”

“Well, I don’t like him the way you do, if that’s what you mean.”

“Of course you don’t like him like that – only I do.”

Myungsoo chuckled. “I like Hoya, Yeol. But there are times where I can’t stand him.”

“Really? Like when?”

“I’m not really sure if–” Suddenly, a high-pitched ringing came from his pocket. “Uh, hold on a minute.” He fished into his pocket, digging out the phone and clicked the ‘Accept Call’ button, bringing it to his ear. “Hello? Oh, hi, noona. No, I’m out front.  Okay, see you then.” He shut his phone and shoved it back into his pocket.

“Who was that?”

“Hm? Oh, it was Jessica-noona.”

“Ah, you’re sister, right?”

“Adopted sister, you mean,” he said, smiling.

“Right – adopted sister. What was she calling you for?”

“She’s picking me up today and she just asked me where I was.” He paused. “Would you like to meet her?”

“…Sure, why not?”

He grinned. “Well, she’ll be here in a few minutes, so look pretty.”

“Look pretty?”

“Jessica’s a stickler for cleanliness and beauty. Really – you should see her room. It’s pink and coordinated and it makes me want to puke.”

Suddenly, from the distance, a voice called out –

“Myungsoo! Sungyeol!”

Both turned their heads as Dongwoo bounded towards them. “Hi, guys!” he exclaimed, the ever-present grin on his face.

“Dongwoo-hyung!” they said in unison, making all three of them laugh.

Sungyeol gave him a brief hug and asked, “What are you still doing here? I thought you left!”

“No, I had to meet with a teacher to talk about a project. Can you believe that it’s going to be ten percent of our grade?! Talk about crazy!”

“Sounds terrible,” Myungsoo agreed.

“So what are you two doing here at this time of day?” he asked curiously.

“I’m waiting for my ride and Yeol’s just waiting with me,” Myungsoo explained.

“Oh, that’s cool,” Dongwoo smiled.

Just then, a car horn honked as a sparkling, red sports car pulled up to the curb. A young woman dressed smartly stepped out of the driver’s seat and walked towards Myungsoo, her dyed blonde hair falling over her shoulders. She approached the boys and stopped with a final click of her heels.

“Myungsoo!” she smiled, giving the boy a tight squeeze. “How’s my little brother?” she cooed.

“Good to see you, too, noona,” he chuckled breathlessly in her embrace. He grunted as he wrestled out of her choking hug. “How are you?”

“I’m perfectly fine! And how have you been?”

He smiled that kitten-like grin of his, his eyes shrinking into small crescents. “I’m okay. Ah, I’d like to introduce you to my friends!” he gestured to the other teenagers. “This is Lee Sungyeol, and this is Jang Dongwoo.”

Jessica smiled to them, showing off her radiant teeth, and bowed slightly. “Nice to meet you two!”

Sungyeol and Dongwoo bowed. “Nice to meet you too, Jessica-ssi.”

“Ah, so this is Lee Sungyeol,” Jessica mused quietly. She blinked and turned back to her adopted brother. “Anyways, let’s get going! We’re already late!”

“Late? What are you late for?” Sungyeol asked.

“A small get together with some old friends,” Myungsoo said, allowing himself to be dragged away by Jessica.

“Come on, Soo, Jieunnie is waiting for us at the mall.”

“Yah, IU’s not going to care whether we’re late or not!” Myungsoo told his sister as the entered the car.

Sungyeol and Dongwoo watched them drive away and just stood in the grass.

“He’s meeting with… IU?” Sungyeol said softly.

Dongwoo glanced at him. “Sure sounds like it,” he said. “Why? Do you not like IU?”

“Of course not! I love IU, but… why is Myung meeting her?”

Dongwoo shrugged. “He said it was just a get together. Why? Is there a problem?”

“To be honest… I don’t really know.”

“What does that mean?”

“Dongwoo, lately I’ve been feeling… I don’t know, different around Myungsoo. I don’t know what’s happening, but whenever I see him and IU, I feel… angry.”

“Yah, Lee Sungyeol,” Dongwoo spoke, real concern in his eyes. “Do you like Myungsoo?”

“I don’t know… Do I?”

“That’s for you to figure out,” Dongwoo sighed. “I obviously can’t tell you whether you like someone or not.”

“But I don’t like him!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

“Why?” A car pulled up to the curb, honking its horn. “Ah! Sorry Sungyeol, but my ride’s here! Talk to you some other time!” Dongwoo ran down to the car and hopped in, the car screeching away.

“I don’t like him,” Sungyeol repeated to himself, “because I like Hoya.”

 

The next day, Sungyeol came to school completely and utterly confused. Without realizing, he had come about half and hour early for school, so the school was nearly empty. He just walked around aimlessly, waiting for classes for start.

Since the day before, things weren’t making sense. He absolutely did not like Myungsoo because he likes Hoya! He had a huge crush on Hoya, so he couldn’t like Myungsoo. So, why did he get irritated whenever IU and Myungsoo were near each other?

Shaking his head, he pushed the thought away violently. He should not be thinking about that! With a deep sigh, he pouted. He needed someone to talk to.

“Sungyeol!” a voice called from behind him.

Well, what do you know,’ Sungyeol mused to himself as he turned around. “Hoya!” he grinned as the other came towards him.

“Hey,” he smiled as he caught up to the other. “What brings you here so early?”

“Just thought I’d be here early for once rather than rushing around last minute. You?”

“I just usually get to school early,” he said. “My mom leaves for work early, so she just drops me off on the way there.”

“Oh, that’s cool,” he replied as they both sat down on a nearby bench.

“It’s practically empty,” Sungyeol commented, glancing around the deserted school.

“Yeah, well, it’s nice to have some quiet time in the mornings,” Hoya said, grinning. “I like it.”

“I guess it’s nice. But, personally, I find it a bit too quiet.”

“Well, it’s not that quiet when you’re talking to someone else.”

“True, true.” Sungyeol took in a sharp breath and looked sideways at Hoya. “Hey… can I talk to you about something that’s been bothering me?”

Hoya blinked. “Go ahead. I’ll listen.”

Sungyeol breathed. “So, basically there are these two patients I’m working on at the Love Hospital. Let’s name them… Squirrel and Moose.”

Hoya stifled a laugh. “Keep going.”

“So, lately Squirrel and Moose have become close friends quickly – too quickly, to be quite honest. And they trust each other; at least I think they do. So, they’ve become attached to each other rather fast. But lately, Moose has been getting really close to this other person – Jellyfish. And Squirrel really likes Jellyfish as a person, but doesn’t like them put together. But, Squirrel already likes someone else named Hornet. So, Squirrel’s confused, because he knows he likes Hornet, but feels angry when Jellyfish and Moose are super close with each other. They’re practically… dating,” he finished, whispering the last word.

Hoya stared at him curiously, while Sungyeol looked back. And as Hoya opened his mouth to speak, an arm threw itself around Sungyeol.

“Yeol!” Kris exclaimed, a grin on his face as he gave his friend a noogie. “I didn’t think you came this early in the morning!”

“Ah, Kris!”

He laughed as Sungyeol rearranged his mussed hair. He glanced over at Hoya. “Yeol, what are you doing with strangers? What if you get or something?” he whispered.

Sungyeol laughed. “He’s not a stranger! Kris, this is Hoya! He’s a new transfer student in my homeroom. Hoya – Kris.”

“Nice to meet you,” Hoya smiled genially.

“You, too,” Kris replied with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. “Uh, do you mind if I borrow Yeol? I’d like to discuss volleyball strategies with him.”

“But, Kris, we were–”

“It’s alright,” Hoya responded, still smiling. “I had to go do something, anyways.”

“Thanks! It was nice meeting you!” Kris called as he began dragging Sungyeol away by the neck.

“You, too!” Hoya called back. Only when they disappeared from the distance did he whisper, “I’ll see you later, Squirrel.”

He smiled.

 

 “So… run this by me one more time?”

Myungsoo sighed, holding up the crumpled note from the day before. “Sungyeol’s been getting these weird notes that he thinks is from a stalker, and–”

“Let me guess – you think it’s me?”

“I don’t mean to accuse you or anything, Kris, but you seem to be a likely candidate,” Myungsoo finished strongly.

Kris had a sideways smile as he stared at the wrinkled scrap of paper Myungsoo held. “You think I wrote these?”

“Well… yes,” he said unsurely.

“That’s ridiculous,” Kris laughed. “I’m protective of Sungyeol, yes, but I don’t like him. He’s like a younger brother, or something.”

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. “But… you were the only one to see us be, er, close in the locker room.”

Kris shrugged. “I don’t know, but I didn’t write these notes. They sound pretty creepy to me.”

Myungsoo nodded. “I feel like Yeol needs to be protected twenty-four-seven in order for him not to get into trouble,” he sighed.

Kris nodded. “Just this morning I saved him from being ,” he smirked.

Myungsoo let out a breathy laugh as he discreetly rolled his eyes and began to walk away.

“Aren’t you curious as to what that means?” Kris called, an eyebrow raised.

Myungsoo smirked and turned back. “Usually, I would, but I don’t need to.”

“And why not?”

“Well, because I was there, of course.”

Myungsoo walked away triumphantly from the baffled Kris, not really sure as to what he had won. But what he said was true; he was there this morning.

And he had heard everything.


A/N: AT LONG LAST, I HAVE FINALLY UPDAT--

/CLANK/

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65mk9Aw201rqc8i6.gif

[woohyun] : Hello subscribers~! ^^ /hides passed out author/ Today, I will be in charge of the author's note~! :] How are you all today?

 

As you can tell, Quinnie-authornim is... incapacitated as of now ^^ So, I will be talking about the chapter instead~!

/skims chapter/

...well... I can tell you that Sungyeol is definitely feeling something... although... I'm not too sure who it's for... Oh! And Kris is NOT the secret admirer! Yes, there we go!

me: WHAT THE EFF JUST HAPPENED?! SUNGGYU, DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR BOYFRI--

/clank/

gyu: What's going on, Hyun? What--

/clank/

LEAVE ME A QUESTION, SUBSCRIBERS, AND I'LL ANSWER TO MY BEST ABILITY~! ^^ YOU CAN ASK ANYTHING AND THE AMAZING NAM WOOHYUN SHALL ANSWER! AND.../reads cue card/ SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE TO SPREAD THE LOVE~!

NAM WOOHYUN, SIGNING OFF!