Kiss, Kiss, Fail in Love!

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

The sound of Sungjong smacking on gum was doubled as he stepped onto Woohyun’s porch. He whipped his head to the right and raised his sunglasses only to see the person staring back him, mirroring his exact movements.

Kim Kibum.

Sungjong rolled his eyes and pushed his sunglasses back onto his face as he reached for the doorbell when another hand beat him to it. Key stared at him, an eyebrow raised above his dark sunglasses.

Sungjong scoffed. “Um, excuse me, but I was ringing that bell.”

Key rolled his eyes. “Well, I already did.”

Sungjong merely sniffed and turned away. Hmph, he thought to himself, what a diva.

The door opened to reveal Sungmin’s face and he smiled gently at them both. His hair was dripping wet and he wore nothing but a pair of baby blue swim trunks.

“Hi guys,” he said with a small wave.

Sungjong and Key smiled, “What’s up?” they said simultaneously. They cast each other a dirty look before filing inside.

“Did you already start swimming?” Key asked Sungmin.

Sungmin nodded. “Yeah! Soojung, Hyunwoo and Sunggyu are swimming. Myungsoo-hyung is just sitting because he doesn’t like getting wet. Woohyun and Sungyeol are both cooking. And I’m pretty sure Henry is just hanging around,” he smiled.

Sungjong nodded. “Pretty typical sounding.” He glanced downwards. “Nice swim trunks, by the way. They match your skin tone.”

Key gave him a sideways glance. “I was going to say that.”

“Well, I already did.”

Key scoffed and continued to the backyard, where a large pool was. The cleanly cut lawn surrounded the patio flooring near the pool, and Woohyun was at the barbecue, being backhugged by a dripping wet Sunggyu.

“Yah, jagi~” Woohyun whined as Sunggyu peppered his neck with kisses. “Not now – I’m making food.”

Sunggyu pouted and leaned his chin on his shoulder. “But I’m lonely, honey.”

“Well, entertain yourself – the meat isn’t going to be done for a while.”

Sunggyu only hugged him tighter, his wet back soaking Woohyun’s white tee shirt. “Yah~!” he whined again. “You’re getting me all wet!”

Sunggyu smiled. “You look good when you’re wet. You should swim.”

Woohyun scoffed and pushed his face away. “No interrupting me while I’m cooking! Go be greasy somewhere else!”

Sunggyu frowned. “But you like it when I’m greasy! I’m trying so hard to be as greasy as you!”

Woohyun stuck out his tongue. “No one is as greasy as me!”

Sunggyu just pouted. “Come on, Hyun~! Play with me!”

“Go play in the pool some more – Soojung and Hyunwoo are in it!”

Sunggyu glanced behind him warily. “But… I think Soojung is taking pictures of me underwater…” he whispered.

“And why would she do that?”

“Well… she is the president of the Sunggyu division of the Love Club, remember?”

Woohyun froze. “…right.”

Sungyeol came up from behind Sunggyu with a plate of uncooked meat. “Yah – get a room, you two. Sungjong and Key are complaining about your PDA again.”

Sunggyu scoffed. “Let them.”

Woohyun laughed. “Those two are so similar – I don’t understand why they don’t get along!”

“Maybe it’s because they’re too similar,” Sungyeol commented. “After all – opposites attract.”

Sunggyu smiled and patted his friends back. He was smart for someone so stupid. “By the way,” Sunggyu added, “are you going to tell me what’s going on with you and Myungsoo, or are you going to keep avoiding him?”

“I’m not avoiding him!” Sungyeol defended.

“Well, why are you so nervous around him, then?”

Sungyeol stared at the ground and mumbled something.

“What was that?” Woohyun asked, flipping over his piece of meat.

“I said that he confessed to me!”

Sunggyu grinned. “Finally! I’ve been waiting for that for such a long time!”

Sungyeol pouted. “Oh yeah – you knew this whole time and you didn’t tell me.”

“Well, I kept it for Myungsoo’s sake, not yours.”

Woohyun said, “Is that why you two are so awkward with each other? You looked so flustered when you were talking with him earlier.”

“Oh, they were much more than flustered,” Henry said as he walked up to them.

Sungyeol flushed deep red. “Henry! Don’t tell them!”

“Tell us what?” Sunggyu asked.

“I walked in on them making out,” Henry laughed.

Woohyun’s jaw dropped. “You two are moving that fast?! What happened to the days when teenagers took it slow?!”

“Well, it’s not like I asked for it!” Sungyeol defended. “Myungsoo told me that he was going to try and get me to like him back by kissing me everyday!”

“Aw, how cute,” Henry chuckled.

“Things just got a little… heated,” he blushed, looking down awkwardly.

Henry chuckled. “Yeah, a little. You should seen them hyu–… er, umma. They looked so hot and bothered that they’d probably go farther if I didn’t walk in,” he laughed.

“Yah, it wasn’t like that,” Myungsoo said as he walked towards them. “We just got carried away is all.”

“And you two aren’t even dating yet,” Sunggyu chuckled. “Just wait till you do start going out – that’ll be one hot mess.”

“Yah, jagiya, don’t discourage them!”

“Well, shouldn’t they know what they’ll be getting into if they’re going to date?!”

“We’re not dating!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “We’re just friends!”

“Right,” Henry said sarcastically, “friends.

“I’m serious! Why doesn’t anyone believe me?!”

“Well, you two were making out in the kitchen.”

“It’s his fault,” Sungyeol pouted, pointing at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo frowned. “Yeah, well, you totally wanted it! Did you see the way your body responded?!”

Turning red and running off, Sungyeol shouted, “You ert!” With that, he ran back into Woohyun’s house to get more food.

Sunggyu laughed and slapped Myungsoo’s shoulder playfully. “Good luck with your love life, buddy. You got a hard fish to catch.”

“I don’t need to catch him,” Myungsoo said. “I’ll just kiss him and he’ll fall in love. It’ll happen – just watch!”

Woohyun snorted. “More like fail in love. Sungyeol’s not easy, Myungsoo – you have to realize that.”

“Of course I realize it,” Myungsoo deadpanned. “If I didn’t, do you think I’d be failing?”

 

Holy mother crab cakes with tartar sauce, I’m going to be late!” Sungyeol yelled as he flew down his school hallways.

It wasn’t everyday that he was late, but apparently today was an exception. His alarm clock had decided to sleep in, also, and it didn’t help that Daeyeol didn’t have school today – so he slept in, as well. His mom had gone to work early, so basically, there was no one to scream into his ear to get his out of bed and to school. When he had woken up, there was ten minutes until the bell rang for the start of homeroom. He started his day off with a shriek that sounded like a dolphin, and then quickly threw on his uniform and shoes before shoving half a banana into his mouth. From there, he ran out the front door, yelling at Daeyeol to lock it and sprinted all the way to school. Luckily, he made it in before they closed the gates but now he had to get to class on time or he would be considered tardy.

Which brings us to this very moment.

As he nearly flew up and down the hallways, he barely registered how he would unconsciously push people out of his way. With barely ten seconds left, he skidded to a stop in front of his classroom, and put his foot in just as the bell rang. Panting and looking frazzled, he bowed to their teacher before getting to his seat and slouching down.

With a groan and a sigh, he let his face fall onto his desk.

“Lee Sungyeol,” a voice beside him said.

He turned to the side and peeked his eyes open to see Seungyeon staring at him with a great deal of worry. “What made you so late?” she asked.

He swallowed his spit. “Stupid… alarm clock didn’t effing… work,” he breathed.

Seungyeon giggled and petted his head. Even when he was pissed off and tired, she still thought his reactions were adorable and hilarious.

“As I was saying before we were interrupted,” the teacher said, glowering down at him, “the school’s field day is coming up, and all the class levels will be competing. Every homeroom sends out a representative for every event and whichever grade level wins the most awards gets a day off from school.”

An excited chatter erupted from the class, but to Sungyeol it just dulled into the background. He could barely focus on anything.

“And so,” the teacher continued, “we don’t need to choose representatives for any of the races or anything because we can just choose randomly when the time comes. Hooray, and all that,” she deadpanned, clearly not amused. “And, since there are still ten minutes before class actually begins, and I’ve finished all the announcements, I’m going to go to my office where you brats can’t bother me and you will wait here for your first period teacher, understood?”

“Yes!” they chorused.

“Good,” she said as she walked away.

As soon as she was gone, Seungyeon muttered, “She’s totally PMS-ing.”

“Tell me about it.”

Seungyeon gave him a crooked smile. “Yah, Sungyeol,” she started slowly. “You… you have really dark circles under your eyes today. Did you lose sleep over something?”

Only then was Sungyeol aware of Myungsoo’s presence behind him. Even though he was absolutely sure that he wasn’t listening, it still worried him.

“O-Oh, not really. I think it’s because I had some coffee after school,” he grinned nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

Seungyeon rolled her eyes and smacked his forehead. “You know better than to drink coffee in the evening!”

He smiled sheepishly. “Sorry~!”

“Yeol-ah,” a voice behind him said.

Sungyeol swallowed. It wasn’t that he felt awkward around Myungsoo now – he was just afraid that their friendship wouldn’t be the same as it was before. He tried his best to act like it never happened, and maybe that hurt Myungsoo even more, but he didn’t want their relationship to break. Especially after the group bonding moment when the kiss had gotten a bit too heated – he thought they might’ve gone too far for people who were deciding to just be friends.

He took a deep breath before turning around.

“Yes, Myung–”

His sentence was stopped short as Myungsoo pecked him on the lips. Holding in a squeal, his hand slapped itself over his mouth, as he turned red and stared at Myungsoo with wide eyes.

“Morning, Yeol,” Myungsoo said, his voice low and husky.

Out of all days, why did Myungsoo choose today to look y? At least, in Sungyeol’s eyes he was.

Mentally, the choding slapped himself. No! Not y. Not y – ugly. Yes. Very ugly. He could’ve laughed at his own lying.

Now was not the time to ogle at Myungsoo’s good looks. Now was the time to try and not get flustered and treat him like he always did – like a friend. Because in the end, that’s what the two of them decided on being.

Yes.

Just a pair of friends that kiss.

Clearing his throat, he tried at a smile. “Morning, Myung,” he nearly whispered.

Myungsoo chuckled. “You’re cute when you’re nervous and bothered like you are now.”

Sungyeol made a face at him and leaned onto his desk. “You really are going to go through with this plan of yours, huh?”

He nodded. “All the way.”

Sungyeol pouted as he held his chin with his arm resting on Myungsoo’s desk. “When did you start liking me?” he asked.

Myungsoo sighed. “I already told you – I don’t remember. If I did, I’d tell you. Promise.”

“So if you remember, I’m the first person you’ll tell, right?! Not IU, not Sunggyu – me.”

He laughed. “Are you jealous over something like that?”

Sungyeol sat up straighter. “No! I just don’t want to be kept in the dark again! I thought your confession would ruin our friendship.”

A flash of disappointed crossed Myungsoo’s eyes, but not long enough for Sungyeol to catch. “Yah, don’t think about it too much. You’ll get wrinkles on your forehead,” he said, placing his fingers on Sungyeol’s head.

Sungyeol immediately pouted and covered his forehead. “I don’t have wrinkles!”

“No, but you will if you keep making such pouts all the time.”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “You know, you’d think that after confessing you’d be super nice to try to win me over, but nope – you’re the same Kim Myungsoo that I know.”

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Isn’t that a good thing, then? You don’t want our friendship to change, right?”

Sungyeol looked down with a frown. Not only was Myungsoo looking y today, but he was cool, too! What was he supposed to do now?!

“Hey,” Myungsoo said, leaning forward, “look at me when I’m talking to you, Yeol.”

His head whipped up. “What?! Why?”

He laughed with a crooked smile. “I like looking at your face.”

Sungyeol could’ve sworn his face heated up again as Myungsoo just kept looking at him with that smoldering gaze. He swallowed difficultly and barely managed to speak.

“Y-You’ve been hanging around Woohyun way too much!” he exclaimed.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “I hope you realize that I always act like this and that you’re probably only flustered because you see me as a man now.”

Sungyeol’s pout deepened as he crossed his arms with a huff. Myungsoo’s smile faded as he tilted his head, seeming to be scrutinizing Sungyeol’s features. As quick as light, he leaned up and kissed him again. This one lasted longer, and so Sungyeol heated up even more.

He pulled back with a gasp and Myungsoo smiled, his eyes turning into crescents.

“Don’t pout your lips, Yeol,” he said, “or I’ll kiss you.”

A low muffled squeal made it through Sungyeol’s lips as he quickly turned around and lay his head down on his desk. Next to him, Seungyeon (who had conveniently seen the whole thing) widened her eyes.

“Sungyeol!” she exclaimed. “Are you and Myungsoo…?”

“No!” he replied quickly, stubbornly closing his eyes and hiding his face in his arms.

“But…” she murmured. She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking deeply.

Myungsoo looked in her direction. “We’re not an item. Er… yet. I’m still in the process of convincing him at the moment.”

Seungyeon only froze and nodded after a moment. So that’s what was happening between the two of them.

“Wait,” she said, turning to Sungyeol again. “What about Hoya?”

A few days before, he felt like a complete third wheel when he was with Dongwoo and Hoya. He didn’t know how much they spoke with each other while they served detention, but they were so much closer now. The whole time, the two were talking and laughing while Sungyeol just stared out the window and sipped his coffee. They tried to include him, but at the same time, he didn’t really want to be included because… they were just so perfect together.

Sungyeol sighed dreamily. If only Hoya and Dongwoo would date – his life would be perfect.

“Hoya,” he replied, “is completely yesterday’s news.”

“Then… who’s today’s news?” Seungyeon asked.

Sungyeol thought for a second and discreetly glanced behind him. “Hmmm… that new singer guy – Eric Nam. I saw him on TV last night. He’s pretty hot.”

He smirked in triumph because he knew that Myungsoo was just blazing with jealousy behind him.


 

 

 

A/N;

 

LOLOL GUESS WHO'S BACK ( besides Teen Top /slapped )

ISH ME! YOUR LOVELY AUTHORRRR~!!! Yeeeyyyy~!!!

/cheers by herself/

 

yeah, I probably should've updated sooner. I didn't even start writing this chapter till earlier today -- blame my procrastination, whatever, but I've been busseeehhh~ =u=

guise -- it's the beginning of the end *deep sniff* can you smell it? I can.

 

okay, so sorry I didn't describe myungyeol's lil make out scene. I just thought i'd tease you guys with that~ XD and LOLOL POOL PARTEH! I want come ;~;

WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME?!

lolol I know you guys are probably SO SICK of stupid Yeol atm X3 I used to get annoyed with him, too. Until I realized that I'm practically just like him ._. apparently there's some guy that likes me, and everyone knows except for me.

 

well, no not really. it's more like my friends.

me: How did you figure it out?!

them: oh, I dunno, just some common sense?

So apparently, I'm denser than tofu ( wut? )

 

YESHHH, this is just the beginning of myungyeol's lil love blossoming type thing.

~kiss, kiss, fall in love~ /sings/

COOL PEOPLE POINTS TO WHOEVER KNOWS WHERE THAT'S FROM ( lol you should know. otherwise, you haven't lived )

guise. who else thinks Eric Nam is totally hot and cute and talented?

 

http://31.media.tumblr.com/43c9d176b865414d9ca7eb384886d258/tumblr_mmnuifWpxR1rdkzwvo1_500.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/031813864495d09cf924e68cdb883014/tumblr_inline_mocaz3YEH51qz4rgp.gif

 

is this chapter a bit boring? I feel like it's boring? dun worry, I'll try to make the next chapter more eventful~!!! X]]]

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME MY BEAUTIFULS~!!!

 -- QUINNEH >8D