A Big Night

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

“This is stupid.”

“Well, it’s not like we have a choice.”

“Yeah, but it’s still stupid.”

“Psh – says you!”

“Can’t we just back out?”

“No, the class is depending on us.”

“But why are we doing this song?!”

“You took too long choosing one so I did!”

Sungyeol whined and fell onto the gym floor, obviously exhausted. “This isn’t any fun! I thought the homecoming skit was supposed to be fun!”

Hoya huffed. “Well, do you want to have fun or do you want to look good? Take your pick.”

“But the choreography you made is too difficult.”

“It’s not difficult, you’re just not trying hard enough!”

“But I want to go home! You’re keeping me at school after the Love Hospital already closed.”

“It’s not our fault that the class decided to vote for us.”

“Why does our skit have to be such hard choreography, then?”

“I didn’t even make half of it! Dongwoo-hyung helped me out!”

“Still! I’m not capable of this sort of dancing.”

“But you’re doing so well! You just don’t want to practice.”

Hoya and Sungyeol continued to argue as Dongwoo and Myungsoo watched from the empty bleachers. They sat next to each other, eating snacks as the two on the gym floor were arguing.

“Homecoming is in three days,” Dongwoo said, crumpling his empty bag of potato chips. “I wonder if this will come together by then.”

Myungsoo shrugged. “It’s too late to back out right now.”

“On the bright side – Sungyeol isn’t half bad of a dancer. He’s pretty good, as long as he gets the mood right.”

“What theme are they going for?” Myungsoo asked.

“Some sort of cool and y club theme. I planned out this dance with Hoya – he says he’s going to be the y while Sungyeol is the sultry. I see no difference though.”

“Nah, I can’t see it,” Myungsoo mumbled. “I can’t see the two of them successfully pulling off a y image, you know? Hoya, maybe – but Sungyeol? Not a chance.”

Dongwoo simply shrugged. “You never know. Maybe Sungyeol can pull it off. He can clean up nicely when he tries.”

Myungsoo chuckled to himself and rolled his eyes. “I’ll believe it when I see it.”

“Homecoming is three days away – maybe you’ll see it then,” Dongwoo laughed.

“That’s high debatable, but I’ll still keep my eyes open for a sultry Sungyeol.”

Myungsoo flinched as an empty soda can was tossed at his head. He held the spot, his face betrayed. “Ow!” he cried at Dongwoo.

Dongwoo pouted, his obvious frown deep on his features. “I don’t get it!” he said. “Why can’t you just say that you like Sungyeol and this whole denial phase can be done?!”

“I did say I like him, though!”

“Well, he should learn how to return feelings ASAP, because it’s just getting tedious now!” he said, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair. He pouted like a child and hopped up and down in his seat. “I want you two to get together so bad!”

“Believe me; I do too,” Myungsoo said.

“We even tried to get Hoya’s cousin to help us and that barely did anything!”

“No, don’t remind me of that,” Myungsoo deadpanned, picking the empty soda can off the floor. “The only thing that resulted in was Sungyeol feeling scandalized.”

Dongwoo shrugged and grinned playfully. “Let’s just say that the plan made sense in here,” he laughed, pointing to his brain.

Myungsoo laughed and poked the other’s forehead. “It always makes sense in there! It just doesn’t make sense when it comes out.”

“Fair enough,” he laughed hysterically.

From the gym floor, Sungyeol wiped the sweat off his brow. “Do we really have to do it again? Can we just… you know, call it a day?”

“But Homecoming is three days away! We need all the practice we can get!”

“We still have seventy-two hours, though! And besides, I already finished learning the choreography – I just need to work on detail now.”

Hoya placed his hands on his hips and breathed deeply, his cheeks puffing as he exhaled. “Fine,” he said. “Let’s call it a day then. Meet back here tomorrow though!”

“Yay!” Sungyeol cheered. He jumped up once in victory and ran up to the bleachers to where Myungsoo and Dongwoo sat. “Ah!” he demanded, opening his mouth.

Dongwoo laughed and placed a chip in his mouth, which he chewed carefully. As soon as Sungyeol swallowed, he said, “How do I look, Dongwoo-hyung? Is the dance coming together nicely?”

Dongwoo gave him an excited thumbs-up. “Definitely!” he responded. “A few more practices and you two will be flawless in no time!”

Sungyeol grinned happily. “Alright!” Then he changed into a pout. “I just wish it wasn’t me who had to dance with Hoya. If anyone it should’ve been Dongwoo-hyung!”

Dongwoo flushed a pale pink and waved the statement away with his hand. “No, I wouldn’t be able to perform with Hoya. It’d be awkward.”

Sungyeol only shrugged. “Whatever you say, hyung~!”

“Dongwoo-hyung!” Hoya called from the bottom of the bleachers. “Let’s go! If we hurry, we can still make it before the café closes.”

Dongwoo nodded vigorously and picked up his backpack. They had been practicing ever since the Love Hospital ended, so the sun was already starting to set.

“I’m coming,” he said, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. He ran down the steps and came face to face with Hoya. “Let’s go!” he said happily, grabbing the other’s bicep and pulling him along and out of the gym.

Sungyeol sighed happily as he watched the other two exit. “They’re so cute together,” he swooned. “I hope they start dating soon.”

Myungsoo scoffed inwardly. Oh, how ironic. He stood up and smiled softly, brushing the crumbs off of his fingertips. “Let’s get going, okay? The sun is setting pretty quickly.”

“Mm,” Sungyeol agreed, picking up his jacket and putting it on. “Do you want to go to my house today again?”

Myungsoo bit his lip slightly and nodded as the two climbed down the bleachers together. They walked out onto the school grounds and began the walk to Sungyeol’s home. It had become sort of a tradition for the last few days. As soon as school ended, they would head over to one of their houses (Sungyeol’s was usually in favor for the past few days) and they would do homework or just hang out until Myungsoo decided to go home.

As the two were walking, Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and placed it into his own pocket. His eyes were focused on the ground, but he gave a quick glance at Sungyeol’s bewildered face.

“Your… your hands looked cold,” he said softly, staring back at the ground.

Sungyeol sighed to himself. For the past few days, Myungsoo had been acting a little strangely. He was more touchy and clingy than ever, though Sungyeol didn’t mind, he definitely noticed the duller look in his eyes. He would be getting more kisses and he would hug more and stay at his house later. It was almost like he was searching for comfort within Sungyeol. Though he didn’t mind being that source of comfort, he was a bit worried for his friend.

Sungyeol bit the inside of his cheek and held Myungsoo’s hand tighter. Their interlaced fingers embraced inside of the younger’s pocket and they continued to walk in a comfortable silence. They arrived at Sungyeol’s house quickly, and then entered and immediately went up to his room.

“Aigoo, I’m tired,” Sungyeol sighed, flopping down onto his bed. “Dancing with Hoya is way more tiring than I would like.”

Myungsoo hummed in response and climbed onto bed with him. “Come here,” he demanded gently, pulling the other into his arms.

He kissed him almost timidly, but it was still hot all the same. Sungyeol melted for the millionth time as he gripped onto his shirt. His fingers found their way into Myungsoo’s hair as the latter’s tongue poked its way into his mouth.

Sungyeol felt his back hit his sheets and Myungsoo get on top of him.  

Those fingers that held him so warmly ran across his abdomen, and all at once he pushed him off. He didn’t shove him off harshly, but he gently pushed the other back, stopping any more movements.

Things like that had been happening lately also – the fact that Myungsoo seemed to be looking for something more passionate with him. He was constantly touchy (more than normal, anyways) and whenever they were alone, there was something about his behavior that struck Sungyeol as hungry; naughty, almost.

They sat across from each other, cross-legged in a thick silence. Myungsoo refused to meet his eyes, fully aware of what he was doing just moments ago.

“…is their something wrong?” Sungyeol asked, breaking the silence. Myungsoo glanced up at him. “You haven’t been acting like yourself lately,” Sungyeol continued. “And I just want to know if there’s a problem behind it.”

Myungsoo stared him in the eye and just blinked. “It’s nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Sungyeol, just leave it alone, okay?” he said quietly. “Even if there was something, I don’t feel like talking about it right now.”

‘So there is something’, Sungyeol thought to himself. There was a small part of him that could tell that Myungsoo was upset over something, and perhaps he was using Sungyeol as a temporary distraction until he could face the problem. Sungyeol couldn’t blame him – what better way to forget something than to get drunk with kisses?

But Myungsoo just smiled at him and gave a breathy laugh through his nose. “Just don’t worry about it too much, okay?” he said. “I’m okay.”

Sungyeol nodded – he would trust him. So he lay back down into his embrace and buried his face into Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“…you smell like chips,” he mumbled.

Myungsoo laughed and his hair.

 

Three days later, and Homecoming had arrived. The whole school was abuzz with excitement and liveliness. After all, it was going to be one of the most fun nights of the year. Even during the day, when no one could give a rat’s hat about school, they were animated and thrilled.

Literally everybody went home on time that day. No one stayed back for after school help, no one stayed back for sports practice – everyone went home and got ready for the dance that night. Except for the Homecoming committee, who had to set up the dance.

Sungyeol, Sunggyu, Woohyun and Sungjong were all at one house, preparing themselves. Call it girly all you want, but they loved making a good impression. Woohyun was ironing everybody’s clothes, and Sunggyu was in the shower while Sungjong was styling Sungyeol’s hair.

“Your hair has gotten so thick over these past months!” Sungjong exclaimed as he straightened a section of his hair. “It was thinner during the summer.”

“That’s because I thinned it just for summer,” Sungyeol replied, sitting still as he stared at his and Sungjong’s reflection in a mirror.

Sungjong nodded as he made a part of hair wavy. “When I’m done with you, you will look absolutely irresistible.”

“Especially with this baby on,” Woohyun laughed, holding up his freshly ironed clothes. “You’re going to be the new talk of the school.”

Sungyeol waved the idea away with his hand. “No, I won’t. If anything, it’ll be Hoya.”

“You’ll still be twice as y as him,” Woohyun said, returning to ironing the jackets.

Sungjong just rolled his eyes as he spritzed some mist over Sungyeol’s hair. “You’ll still be completely gorgeous by the time I’m done with your hair and your makeup.”

“Makeup?” Sunggyu (who had just exited the shower) repeated.

“Mm-hmm. Just a little bit of eyeliner and BB cream and he should still be beautiful. Doesn’t take much to make him look good.”

Sungyeol flushed and playfully smacked Sungjong’s hand. “Oh, stop it, you~! You’re making me blush.”

“Ah! Maybe we should give you blush.”

Sunggyu said, “Don’t overdo it, Sungjong. Sungyeol is still a guy after all.”

“But he has a face that should not be allowed to go to waste! No – I am beautifying him.”

Sungyeol just shrugged and met eyes with Sunggyu through the mirror. “Can’t stop him when he’s determined,” he said.

Not long afterwards, Sungyeol’s hair had been complete. One side was filled with voluminous and fluffy waves while the other was more muted with small tight braids following the direction of his head.

“Gorgeous, if I do say so myself,” Sungjong mused. “Now get dressed and I’ll do your makeup. You and Hoya have to be there early, right?”

Sungyeol nodded and Woohyun (who had been fully dressed) buzzed around him like a hummingbird. “Let’s get you ready!” He handed Sungyeol his outfit. “Go change in the bathroom and I’ll wait out here.”
“Okay,” Sungyeol agreed as he took the clothes hanger and headed towards toilet.

Sunggyu stood behind his boyfriend, arms encircled around his waist. Woohyun just sniffed and rolled his eyes.

“You know you’re not completely forgiven, right?” he asked.

“I know,” Sunggyu said, “but it’s not like I can just take back my word. Besides, maybe Sungyeol and Myungsoo aren’t supposed to end up together.”

At that comment, Woohyun nearly slapped his boyfriend. “You will regret saying that,” he said.

“What, are you breaking up with me again?”

“No. But mark my words, Kim Sunggyu – the universe will send you a sign that Myungsoo and Sungyeol are soul mates, and you will regret everything you say against them.”

Sunggyu merely snorted. “Tch. Yeah, okay then. Whatever you say, jagi.” Then he pecked his cheek.

“Just don’t come crying to me when the universe sends you things you don’t want to see.”

“Just tell the universe to bring it on.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “I promise that you are going to regret everything.”

“I don’t see how–”

Suddenly, a makeup brush whistled past Sunggyu’s head and hit the wall behind him, barely avoiding him.

“Oh, sorry,” Sungjong said from his corner, “my brush slipped.”

“See?” Woohyun grinned, a small taunt laced in his words. “I told you that the universe would bring you signs.”

 

“Ji-Eun, you look great,” Myungsoo said as he spotted his half cousin.

IU spun around in her sparkly sea-green dress. “Like it? Thunder picked it out for me. He says I look beautiful,” she said, her eyes twinkling.

“Well, he definitely made a great choice,” Myungsoo responded with a smile. “He’s very lucky.”

IU nodded and waved as she went to go join her boyfriend by the refreshments stand. Myungsoo just breathed in and out as he was waiting for the one he was expecting. It was none other than Sungyeol, obviously, but he still felt so much pressure tonight.

He had made sure to look his absolute best. He got his jacket, shirt and pants dry-cleaned and ironed. He had to pay, since he had no clue how to do any of those himself. Jessica had helped him gel his hair up the way he knew Sungyeol liked it. He had prepared so much that night, he hoped it wouldn’t go to waste. Especially with all the turmoil he had been experiencing, he needed this night as a getaway.

He shifted around awkwardly, tapping his foot to the resounding bass of the music being played. The colored lights and lasers made it harder to see anything, but it definitely pumped up the adrenaline in his system.

“Myungsoo!”

He barely heard his name being called over the loud music blasting through the speakers. He turned around and his face lit up because standing there, in unparalleled perfection, was Sungyeol.

He didn’t understand how the other seemed to be looking even more fantastic than usual tonight, and he had no clue as to how the other looked even more mouthwatering that night. All he knew was that he wanted it.

He really wanted it.

He pulled Sungyeol over and gave him a deep kiss, moving away to notice the adorable flushed expression on his face. He laughed and planted a kiss on his neck.

“You look great, Yeol,” he whispered.

Sungyeol felt so impeccably shy around him now. In his eyes, Myungsoo had gotten much more handsome than he already was and he looked so mature now. And with the way he kissed him and whispered hotly into his ear, it took all of Sungyeol’s will not to give in to him.

“You don’t look to bad yourself,” he replied.

Myungsoo smiled and kissed his cheek. “Let’s get some drinks, okay?”

Sungyeol frowned. He knew that look in his eyes – that dull, flat look. He knew that there was absolutely something wrong with Myungsoo and he wanted to help him so badly. But at the same time, he wanted to respect the other’s wishes and not get involved in his personal life.

But he still followed Myungsoo to the punch stand and took the drink offered to him. He sipped on the pink liquid thoughtfully. What exactly was Myungsoo’s issue? He seemed to be a little withdrawn tonight. Almost holding back from something. He didn’t seem like himself.

But Sungyeol pushed the thought away as he looked at the digital clock hanging on the wall next to him. It was time for him to get on stage.

He handed his drink to Myungsoo. “Hey, hold this for me, okay? I have to go perform now!” he grinned.

Myungsoo just held on and nodded. It was true that there was something different about him tonight. Everything that he was bottling up in his mind and body – he wanted to release it tonight. He also knew how to he wanted to, but he wanted to refrain from that option. He didn’t want to do something like that.

Suddenly the music switched off and the lights flickered on. Some people groaned, but they were silenced as soon as the DJ began the introduction. He said some things about the senior class and votes and other stuff, but the point was – Sungyeol and Hoya were about to perform.

The lights dimmed down again, shrouding the whole crowd in an almost darkness as whispers began peppering the silence. Then all at once, the laser lights began moving as the music intro cued. Hoya appeared on stage sporting a pair of sunglasses and holding a microphone. He was spouting some English phrases into it (like ‘twerk it out, baby!’) but to Myungsoo, it was Sungyeol who stole the stage.

He stood in one of the spotlights with a microphone attached to a glittering fuchsia mic stand. The way he played with it and twirled it around was absolutely mesmerizing, sending the crowd along with Myungsoo into cheers. Then the two began singing.

I’m bringing y back~

Them other boys don’t know how to act

I think your special – what’s behind your back

So turn around and I’ll pick up the slack

Myungsoo was ninety-nine percent sure that Sungyeol had no clue what he was singing (since it was English, after all) but he still thought it was y. Those kohl lined eyes that stared at its audience and that slim body that danced its way across the stage was oh, so hot. And as much as Myungsoo appreciated it, he could feel his willpower crumble and his restraint turn to dust. Now he needed Sungyeol. It wasn’t an option anymore.

The stage performance continued on smoothly, a sultry and confident vibe radiating from the duo. Myungsoo couldn’t even believe that it was the same Lee Sungyeol that tripped over his own feet while rehearsing was performing on stage. His appearance and demeanor were so different that Myungsoo could barely believe it was him. It was just so… y.

The stage ended beautifully, the entire audience jumping up and down in a flurry of cheers and whistles. The lights turned off again for the duo to exit, then the normal dance lights were switched back on for the remainder of the night.

In a second, Sungyeol was back to Myungsoo’s side, his eyes sparkling and his cheeks flushed from the performance. “How was it?” he asked him eagerly. “Did you like it?”

Myungsoo didn’t even answer before grabbing his wrist and navigating through the crowd. Sungyeol was shouting in surprise behind him, but was unable to break free from his iron grip. Soon, the two were outside of the gym where the music had dulled to a soft background. But that didn’t stop Myungsoo. No, he kept on pulling him along until he reached the first hallway of lockers, where he shoved the other into.

Sungyeol (who was rather surprised and frightened at this point at Myungsoo’s sudden actions) whimpered as the irregular wall of lockers dug into his back.

“Myungsoo, I–” he began. But cut himself off with a gasp as Myungsoo’s hand slammed onto the wall on either side of his head.

“You’re going to be the death of me,” he mumbled with his head down. “I swear – it’s like you’re taunting me right now. And I know you’re not trying to but dammit! It’s still getting to me!”

“Please, I–”

“I’m trying so hard to control myself and you’re making it so impossible!” Myungsoo exclaimed, snapping his head up to look at him. “I’m having such a hard time when you are and aren’t here and this seems to be my breaking point,” he said, his husky voice nearly masking his words.

Without another word, he slammed his lips onto Sungyeol’s trapping him in a kiss. His tongue found its way into his mouth without any time for him to think and Sungyeol tried his absolute best to keep up with Myungsoo’s pace. It was almost scary, how fast they were going.

Almost hungrily, Myungsoo left his mouth and attacked his neck ferociously, leaving behind noticeable marks. His mouth and everywhere, barely leaving Sungyeol any time to comprehend what was happening at the moment. Sungyeol gasped as Myungsoo’s knee pressed up in-between his legs and as his hands ran up and down his arms warmly.

It was when Myungsoo’s cold fingers had snuck up his shirt and onto his abdomen that he said, “Myung.”

Myungsoo froze completely. His lips hovered over the collarbone he had been kissing merely seconds ago and his fingers paused. He took a second to look up at Sungyeol. His face was flushed a deep red, his hair was frazzled and his lips were wet and swollen. But what struck him most was the surprise and nervousness shown in his eyes. He almost looked scared – anxious, even – and Myungsoo felt himself feel sorry.

“…I apologize,” he said, stepping away from him. “I should just go.”

“Don’t you dare leave,” Sungyeol said, grabbing his hand. “I know this isn’t you, Myungsoo. Something is bothering you, isn’t there? Just talk to me!”

Myungsoo stared back at him with stoic eyes that bordered sadness or melancholy. With a sigh, he and Sungyeol sat down with their backs on the lockers. But he still remained quiet.

“Look,” Sungyeol began, “I know that it must difficult enough to get through your day with someone like me around, but I can tell that there’s definitely something going on. And I don’t really know what it is, but I beg that you tell me. I really care about you, Myungsoo, and it hurts a lot to know that you’re hurting inside without anyone to help you… so come on; tell me, please?”

Myungsoo took in a deep breath and mumbled out, “He’s back.”

“Who?”

“My dad,” he said, looking up at Sungyeol with wet eyes. “The one that left before I was born – he came back. And he wants me back.”

“So, he wants–”

“He wants to take me back to his home. He came to my house and told me that he didn’t mean to give me up. He just didn’t have the means to take care of me, and he wants me back. He’s remarried and I have a half brother but… it’s just so much to take in!” he exclaimed. “I know it sounds like no big deal coming from me, but I’m so frustrated and angry right now! He left my mother and I before I was even born and now he comes back, claiming that he wants me? And he and my mother have apparently worked out the legal details so that he’s my official guardian.”

He took in a deep breath as a few tears dropped down. “It’s just… it’s so complicated now. I know I’m not that close with my mom, but she doesn’t deserve to have her child stripped of her so that she can live alone forever. And as much as I actually want to move in with my biological father, and half-brother and step-mother, I’m afraid that I won’t be accepted. That I’ll be outcasted and I just… I don’t know what to do anymore.”

He looked to Sungyeol through his tears. “So I’m really sorry,” he said. “I’m sorry that I’ve been using you so recklessly so that I can temporarily forget about what I have to deal with. I’m so sorry that I’ve been using you as a careless distraction.”

Sungyeol merely stared at the linoleum floored hallways. He was going through a rough time, and he was sure that he wasn’t making it any easier on him. He turned towards Myungsoo and whispered something about how he was forgiven before leaning in towards his lips.

Their lips were mere centimeters apart until Myungsoo stopped him.

“Yeol, I don’t want this.”

Sungyeol was baffled. For the past few weeks, this was all the other had ever wanted. “Myungsoo…”

“Well, of course, you know I want it, but not like this,” he said. He wiped away a few tears with his sleeve. “Don’t kiss me unless you mean it. I don’t want you to pity me like you are now. Next time you kiss me, you have to mean it, because with all that’s going on, I’m kind of tired of having to try so hard to get you to recuperate the feelings I have for you. Now if you can excuse me, I think I’ll go clean up now,” he said, standing up and walking away, leaving Sungyeol alone.

Sungyeol was dumbstruck. He was rendered speechless by Myungsoo’s small outburst.

It made him realize how much of a jerk he had been.

And he knew exactly how to make it up to him.


A/N;

 

so... exactly how long have you been waiting for me? For this? pretty long, I assume. as you can see, though, this chapter has a it more tension.

and guess what.

 

there are ony two more legit chapters left.

 

OMFG I AM SO SORRY BUT GUISE THIS HAS TO END SOONER OR LATER>

 

and besdies, I've already begun working on  my new infinite fic ( it's darker though, lol )

 

but guise. sungyeol's yback though.

like can he not.

it kills me so much.

and yes. i don't think any of you were directly correct with the answer as to who those people were in the last chapter, but I think a few guesses were pretty close : 3

but in the end, L's father has returned to take his birth rights and etc, etc. and I know that it totally seems undramatic acompared to what L REALLY could be going through, but if you were L in this story and you had to go through that, I think it would be mentally taxing and not to mention that it's probably scary and nerve-racking.

but thnank you for reading !! ^^ author is tired, so I will sleep ( I have to head to vegas tomorrow with my family ugh )

can you tell by all of my typos that i'm really tired? oai, i will leave. and sleep.

merrie krismas and happie holladais to you all lol

 

 

quinnie - out... /insertyawnhere/

btw he way Hoya says "twerk it out babeh!" in the beginning like no.

Hoya.

 

 

no.