Truth Be Truth

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo – you’re not helping.”

“Well, you are a love doctor, aren’t you?”

“But I’m asking you for advice,” Sungyeol pouted.

Myungsoo only rolled his eyes and continued strumming on his guitar, ignoring Sungyeol’s completely flustered face. Huffing, he pulled the guitar out of his hands and it behind his back.

“I’m serious, Myungsoo,” he frowned. “I need you to listen.”

Myungsoo scoffed and held his hand out. “Give me my guitar back, Sungyeol.”

“No. I want your opinion on this.”

“Give me my guitar,” Myungsoo repeated sternly.

“Give me an answer! Myungsoo, the only reason I’m here is so that I could get your advice on this!”

“I’m going to give you any advice. Yeol, stop being childish and give me my guitar,” he said angrily.

Sungyeol pouted in anger. “Why can’t you help me with this? This is actually important! You’ve helped me all those other times I asked, so why don’t you do it now?”

Myungsoo looked away with a bitter laugh then refocused his eyes on Sungyeol. “Why can’t you make your own decisions, then?!”

He bit his lip. “I just wanted your advice whether to meet them or not! It’s a yes or no question!”

Myungsoo glared at his bed covers. “…Just figure it out on your own. Why does my opinion matter to you?”

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows. “Are you really asking me that question? Are you really asking why you’re opinion is important to me?” With a small huff he got off the bed and headed towards the door. He turned around to face Myungsoo. “Myung, I don’t really care if you’re moody or anything because that’s all fine and well – but for the record, you’re a pretty important person to me. You’re opinion matters.” And with that, he stalked out of the room.

Myungsoo stared down at his bed until he heard the front door slam. He picked up his guitar, heartlessly plucking a few strings. With a large sigh, he flopped back down onto his bed, his hair fanning out against his pillow. “What did you want me to say?” he asked the ceiling. “Did you want me to stop you? How was I supposed to explain that… I didn’t want you to go?”

 

 

The next day was rather tense for the two. Not only was it their first real argument, but Sungyeol also had to answer the mysterious note. He sat with his back to the other in homeroom, staring down at his desk. Myungsoo stared at the back of Sungyeol’s head in deliberation, not sure what to say.

“I’m sorry.”

Blinking, Myungsoo sat up straighter and asked, “What?”

Sungyeol turned around hesitantly. “I said – I’m sorry. I’m sorry for getting you upset yesterday. I guess barging into your house was really rude, and I just put you on the spot like tha–”

“No, I’m sorry,” he cut in. “I should’ve been a better friend and helped you decide. It’s a new thing for you, so I should’ve taken your feelings into consideration.”

Sungyeol smiled at him and held out his hand. “Welcome back into the Lee Sungyeol Friendship Club.”

Myungsoo stared at him with an incredulous smile. “Yeol, you are quite a person.”

“I know – that’s why I have a club to myself.”

“Which I’m still not joining.”

“…Then how are we friends if you’re not a part of my club?”

“I’m different,” he answered smugly.

Sungyeol could only roll his eyes. “Of course you are – which is why you’re still my friend even though you’re not in my friendship club, right?”

“Exactly.”

They smiled at each other for while before Myungsoo coughed.

“Um… so what did you decide? You know, about the confession thing.”

“Oh, I decided to meet him. I mean, it’d be rude to just abandon him and I could just let him down easy if I don’t like him.”

Myungsoo nodded. “Sounds like a plan. When is this, again?”

“After school today by the water fountain closest to the boys’ locker room.”

Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed. “Wait – near the boys’ locker room?”

“Yeah, why?”

“No reason but… why would you meet him there?”

“Why not? What’s wrong with the place?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “Never mind.”

It wasn’t a secret that boys’ locker room was where most havoc happened. The bullies, the jocks, and the kingkas tended to flock around there for some reason. Not a single normal student dared to go there on a normal basis and everyone knew that. You would never go there unless you were stupid or asking for a beating. Or unless…

Myungsoo’s eyes narrowed. He suddenly had a good hunch on who this mystery admirer was.

“Hey Sungyeol,” he said suddenly, tapping his friend’s shoulder. “Maybe… maybe it’d be best if you didn’t go there, hm?”

“Why not? What’s the problem?”

“Nothing it’s just… maybe that person isn’t who they say they are. What if they are a really crazy stalker? You should probably just stay away.”

Sungyeol gave a smile and ruffled Myungsoo’s hair. “It’ll be fine, Myung – nothing will happen. Believe me; I’ll be okay.”

“But–”

“I’ll be fine,” he repeated again with a killer smile.

Swallowing thickly, Myungsoo barely whispered, “Okay. Just… be careful.”

Sungyeol grinned. “Don’t worry – I’ll be as careful as I always am!” And with that, he turned around.

Myungsoo sighed, raking his fingers through his hair. “That’s what I’m afraid of…”

 

 

 

Okay, let’s be honest – Myungsoo wouldn’t really let Sungyeol just go by himself. At least, not without following him discreetly. Myungsoo wasn’t about to let Sungyeol get beaten by a bunch of school kings on his watch. So of course, after school that day, he followed closely behind inconspicuously. As soon as Sungyeol had arrived at his designation, Myungsoo found a nice, comfortable peeping spot unseen to Sungyeol’s eyes.

Sungyeol on the other hand was waiting patiently for his secret admirer to arrive. Surprisingly enough, his secret stalker wasn’t even there yet. Of course, it only made him more anxious. ‘Why wouldn’t he be here yet?’ he wondered to himself. He was staring at the ground when there was a small gasp behind him.

“Sung… Sungyeol?”

Sungyeol whipped around and his eyes widened. “Kris?”

The tall Canadian furrowed his eyebrows. “Why are you here?”

“I’m waiting for someone. Why are you here?”

“I… have some things to take care of. You should get out of here – I mean it Yeol, don’t stick around.”

“I have to wait for the guy to arrive, though.”

Sighing bitterly, Kris looked at the ground the back up at Sungyeol. Placing both hands on his shoulders, he said, “Just don’t stick around too long, okay? Don’t.” And with that he left and disappeared into the boys’ locker room.

“Weird…” Sungyeol muttered to himself. He glanced around again, seeing no one in sight. Did his admirer forget, or was this just one big joke being played on him?

“Hey!” a voice suddenly shouted.

Sungyeol turned and saw three unknown boys headed towards him. “Um… hi?”

One of the boys rolled their eyes and stood face to face with him. “What are you doing here, pretty boy?”

“Pretty boy? …Weird.”

“Did you just call me weird?!” he spat, shoving Sungyeol roughly.

“Hey, no need to get pushy, I was just–”

“Aren’t you that gay boy that works in that one club?” a boy on his left asked suddenly.

“…Yes.”

“You’re name also wouldn’t happen to be Sungyeol, would it?” the main boy asked.

“Um, yes, it does happen to be Sungyeol, actually,” he stammered, rubbing the back of his neck. “But what does that – hey!” he shouted as the boy slammed him up against the wall.

“You -hole! My girlfriend got advice from you and after that she broke up with me! No one breaks up with me!

Sungyeol winced as his shoulder blades dug against the irregular brick wall of the boys’ locker room. “Look, it’s not my problem if it was her decision to cut off relations with you. The Love Hospital isn’t liable for any–”

“Seungyeon and I had a thing going on and you ruined it!”

You’re the jerk that dated Yeon?” he gasped, only to be shoved against the wall even harder.

He growled. “You sure got balls–calling me a jerk like that.”

“Well, considering the tiny detail that I am male, it would only make sense that–”

“Man, I don’t understand why the girls ogle over you – you’re one annoying piece of–”

Hey! What do you three think you’re doing?!”

The three boys turned around, their leader spitting onto the concrete. Sungyeol, having been let go, slid to the ground, clutching his knees. It would be safer like this, wouldn’t it? You know, just in case punches started flying, there would be less of a chance of getting hit.

“Stay out of this – this isn’t your fight.”

“But you made it my fight!”

“How?” the boys spat. “Just turn around and walk away, punk.”

“No! I’m the reason he’s here in the first place, so it looks like I’ll have to deal with you punks myself!”

Sungyeol was the type of person that did not approve of violence to solve problems. So, therefore, he put his head between his knees and refused to look up. Colorful strings of curse words were being thrown all over the place as the sounds of scuffling and punches pierced the air. Not really sure of what to do, Sungyeol stayed put and kept where he was. This was completely unexpected.

The fighting came to a cease when a teacher’s voice barked from a distance.

“Stop right there!”

A voice sighed in frustration. “,” it cursed.

“Detention – all four of you!” the teacher yelled, whipping out the bright pink detention slips. “Be in my office by four o’clock tomorrow afternoon to carry out your punishment!”

“Yes, sir,” four dejected voices grumbled.

When Sungyeol finally looked up (which was after twelve intense seconds), he was met with Hoya’s face.

“Hoya?” he gasped.

“Hey,” he smiled wearily. The boy’s face was dirt smudged and he harbored a purple bruise on his left cheekbone. His lip had a bleeding cut, and his hair stuck in multiple angles. “Sorry about that,” he whispered.

“Your face,” Sungyeol gaped.

Wincing, he touched his cheek. “Oh, this? Don’t worry about it Sungyeol – it’s nothing.”

Sungyeol’s eyebrows furrowed. “Nothing, my ! You just got beat up because of me. Come on, we’re going to the nurses office.”

“Sung–”

Without waiting for an answer, Sungyeol tugged on his wrist and dragged him towards the main building.

To be honest, this whole time, Myungsoo was worried as heck. He wasn’t exactly sure whether he was supposed to jump in or stay out during the fight. But earlier when Sungyeol was being manhandled, he nearly lost it. Nearly. He didn’t lose it, luckily; otherwise, Sungyeol would’ve found that he was following him.

But on the other hand!

Hoya was the one to save Sungyeol when Hoya was the one who had gotten Sungyeol into this mess in the first place. Because, yes, Myungsoo had guessed it – Hoya was the secret admirer. He had figured it out when he heard that Sungyeol was to meet him at the water fountain near the boys’ locker room. Asking someone to meet you there either meant you were an idiot or you were new. And since practically everyone on campus knew not to go there, only the new kid was a logical answer.

And now, he was trailing the new kid and Sungyeol to the nurse’s office. Feeling his chest get tighter at the sight of Sungyeol holding Hoya’s wrist, he quietly followed. Sooner than he wanted, Sungyeol and Hoya entered the nurse’s office, where Sungyeol was tending to Hoya’s face. Myungsoo hid near the door with a nice view of both Hoya and Sungyeol.

“Thanks, by the way,” Sungyeol said as he dabbed Hoya’s forehead.

“For what? Kicking their asses?”

“Well, yeah – and for also helping me out. I thought I was done for.”

“It’s no problem,” he said, smiling sheepishly. “It was my fault, anyways.”

“How is it your fault?”

“Well, if I had never asked you to come, they probably would’ve never confronted you.”

“They might have, sooner or la–…Wait. You’re the guy?”

“Yes, Sungyeol – I’m the guy.”

“You’re the one who’s been leaving me all those notes? The one who likes me?”

Bashfully, Hoya nodded. “At first, I was just going to ease away from you, since I thought you liked someone else. But then, I figured out that you liked me.”

“Figured out? How?”

“Considering that it’s you we’re talking about, it wasn’t that hard, Squirrel.

Sungyeol gasped internally. He figured out the references?!

“Hoya, I–”

“If you like me, and I like you, shouldn’t we date?” he asked innocently, leaning in closer. “I really like you, Sungyeol.”

A bit nervously, Sungyeol shifted back, gazing away from Hoya’s eyes. “Are you sure? I mean, I guess we could, but I…” he trailed off.

Smiling gently, Hoya lifted Sungyeol’s chin to face him. “Come on, Sungyeol. What’s holding you back?”

“Well, nothing, but I just–”

“Then everything is fine,” he whispered.

And then ever so slowly, Hoya began leaning in even further. Sungyeol’s cheeks reddened and his heart rate rose immensely as Hoya softly pressed his lips to his.

Myungsoo had seen enough.

Breathing difficultly, he stood up and walked away stiffly, his eyes unable to focus. He let out a short breath of frustration as he leaned against a nearby wall uncomfortably.

Did he just… lose?

After all the work he had put in, he loses – just like that? That wasn’t possible. Kim Myungsoo does not lose when he wants to win. But, he must’ve been standing corrected because from the looks of it, he did lose. And the truth of the matter was, he lost badly. Kicking the wall dejectedly, he reluctantly admitted his defeat as he began walking down the hall.

Suddenly, a person rammed into him, both of them sprawled onto the floor.

Myungsoo huffed. “What the hell. Can’t you watch where your going?!” he asked, turning to the other. He blinked and his eyes widened. “Sungyeol? What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you–”

With a look of panic in his eyes, Sungyeol grabbed his wrist and pulled him up, “I need your help again, Myung,” he said. Running down the hallway and into the janitor’s closet, he shoved the other inside. “We need to talk.”


 

 

 

A/N;

 

CLIFFHANGER OOOOOH! WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT!?!?!? /shot

yeah okay, I'm finally back ^_^" and with this excuse for a chapter. I really hope it's okay and not weird or disappointing =_=

Yes, Hoya's the stalker.

Yes, Myungsoo has been "working hard" [which shall be revealed later on]

Yes, Sungyeol just locked the two of them in the closet.

Yes, INFINITE's Destiny just came out today.

ASDFGHJKL:ASDFGHJKL:SDFGHJKL:SDFGHJKL WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LYFE, INFINITE?! YOUR KILLING ME WITH YOUR COMEBACK!!! IT'S JUST SO BEW-TEE-FULL I SWEAR. 

 

eh-nee-ways... yeah, that's about it... I dun really know what else to say. Since INFINITE just cameback they don't exactly have time to meddle with the A/N anymore so, I guess I'll just cut it off he --

/hit with chair/

Hoya: That's what you think. /turns to readers/ now leave a comment, or your next! Try leaving a long one. I dare you B[