Goodbye, Heaven

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

“Seriously, who does that?!” Sungyeol yelled as he sat at the dinner table. “And we were in the middle of talking, too!”

Myungsoo sighed. “Yah, I said I was sorry, okay? I needed to pee!”

“But you could’ve at least told me! But, no! You just waltz right into that bathroom and slam the door!”

By the time Myungsoo had gotten out of the bathroom, Sungyeol had been waiting for a good fifteen minutes. In his boredom, he had finished eating all of the candy, and he farted on Myungsoo pillow (but he didn’t tell him or anything.) He was pretty pissed at Myungsoo, so Myungsoo’s petty apologies didn’t help at all. And so here he sat, venting his anger at his friends as Myungsoo looked like a scolded child next to him.

Hoya only laughed. “Sungyeol – it’s nothing to get worked up over. Maybe he can’t control his bowels.”

“Yeah!” Myungsoo piped up, “what if I can’t control my bowe – wait, what?! I can too control my bowels!”

“I never said you couldn’t,” Hoya chuckled.

Myungsoo just pouted and huffed through his nose as he stared at his half-eaten dinner.

“Yah,” Sunggyu chuckled, punching him playfully, “don’t act like Woohyun! Seriously, you’re just sitting here, pouting at your food!”

“What?!” Myungsoo exclaimed, glancing at the boy he was being compared to. “Don’t compare me to that greasy excuse for a human! He’s almost as stupid as Sungyeol!”

“Yah!” Sungyeol cried, smacking his head. “I am most definitely not stupid!”

“You are too!”

“I am not!”

“You are too!”

“I am not!”

“Are too!”

“Am not!”

“Too!”

Not!”

“Oh, my gosh, will the two of you just stop!?” Sungjong exclaimed suddenly. “Seriously – the two of you are so helplessly immature! Sungyeol, there is absolutely no need for you to get mad at him because he ditched you to pee! And Myungsoo – you know better than to argue with a choding! You know for a fact that he’ll argue back until he gets his way! Seriously, the two of you need to get a grip!” he exclaimed as he slammed his fork down. As soon as he was done, he took a deep breath, smiled, and just continued eating.

“Oh, my gosh!” Dongwoo cackled hysterically, “Sungjong had fit!”

Sungjong just smirked triumphantly as he majestically flipped his long, brown hair while Sungyeol and Myungsoo looked like scolded children. They stared down at the table, feeling quite ashamed of themselves. They met each other’s eyes for a brief second, and looked away again.

And even though they hadn’t said anything, they both knew that the other had silently apologized.

 

Jeju Island really was like a heaven to the stressed senior class teenagers. Everyday they almost had the same routine – wake up, eat, play, eat, play, eat, play and then sleep. Not once did they ever get it bored of it.

The days passed in a blur, and all too soon, the last day arrived. The sunlight streamed in the exact same way it did every morning into Sungyeol’s bedroom, but this time, it was laced with a sort of ‘goodbye’ feeling.

“Last day already?” he sighed, sitting up.

After he and Hoya had fully woken up, they joined the rest of the gang downstairs. But while everyone was rowdy at the table, Myungsoo sat quietly by himself, silently texting.

“Who are you texting?” Sungyeol asked, resting his chin on the ravenette’s shoulder.

Myungsoo immediately hid his phone’s screen. “No one,” he replied with a kitten-like grin.

“Yah, let me see!”

“No!” he protested with a laugh, turning away and hiding his phone safely.

“Myung~!” Sungyeol whined, tugging at his shirt sleeve like a child.

“No! My texts are my business only!” he laughed as he swatted Sungyeol’s arm away.

“Come on, it’s our last day and you’re on your phone! Talk with us, Myung!”

He just chuckled and shook his head, turning back to his phone’s screen. Sungyeol pouted, and kicked his leg under the table.

“Hey guys,” Woohyun started, “since it’s our last day, don’t you think we should play at the beach a little bit and then go shopping? I want to get souvenirs for my parents!” he said.

“That’s a good idea,” Dongwoo agreed. “I’m sure my sister would like something. Is there a shopping center near here?”

“There are a bunch of small shops and restaurants near the beach,” Sunggyu said. “We could go there!”

All nodded and murmured their agreement when Myungsoo stood up.

“Sorry to bail on you guys,” he apologized, “but I actually have plans with someone else today.”

“Oh~!” Hoya called out. “Is it a girl?”

“Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t,” Myungsoo winked.

The whole group catcalled as he walked away, cheering him on. As he disappeared, Sungyeol felt that same gut-wrenching feeling that he had felt a few days ago – the same feeling when he said Myungsoo’s and IU’s name together.

Shaking his head, he pushed the feeling away, and tried to focus on the fact that today was the last day in Jeju Island, and he had to live it to the fullest.

 

“Yah~ that was fun!” Dongwoo chortled happily as the group strutted down the warf’s sidewalks.

They had finished their playing at the beach, and after rinsing up a bit and putting some t-shirts on, they decided to have fun at thee small shopping area near the beach.

“It would have been a lot more fun if Gyu didn’t get a sudden back cramp,” Woohyun snickered, casting a glance at his boyfriend.

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes. “My health is fragile, remember?! Fragile health!”

Woohyun rolled his eyes and kissed his cheek. “It’s one of the many reasons why I love you, my grandpa Gyu.”

“Grandpa?!” Sunggyu exclaimed. “Aish, what a way to ruin another one of your cheesy romance lines.”

Woohyun pouted. “But Gyu~” he whined, “those are one of the reasons why I love you! I love your fragile health!”

Hoya laughed at the bickering couple and shook his damp hair. “So, Sungyeol,” he began, “what are you going to get your brother?”

“Daeyeol?” he said. “I don’t know – considering that it’s Daeyeol we’re talking about, he’d want something that’s simple but still cool. What do you think I should get him?”

Hoya let out a short sigh. “I think you should get him a t-shirt,” he replied. “Those are simple and cool-looking, right?”

“Not unless you get this one,” Dongwoo laughed as he stopped in front of a store. He pulled a shirt off one of the outdoor racks and held it up at his chest. “Daeyeol wouldn’t like you too much if you got him this, huh, Sungyeol?” he chuckled.

The shirt Dongwoo held was bright, lime green with the words ‘lost my pants in Jeju Island!’ printed on it.

“Maybe it’s a pajama shihrt,” Sungyeol said, “and you’re not supposed to wear pants with it or something.”

“Ha! What a fail shirt!” Sungjong giggled as he saw it, joining in with Dongwoo’s laughing. The boy took out his digital camera and snapped a quick photo, happy with the outcome. “Come on Yeol-hyung,” he said excitedly. “Let’s take pictures!”

The boys continued to walk around and window shop, stopping practically every few minutes to take pictures. They all posed a different areas with goofy faces, just for laughs. At one point Sungyeol posed with a peace sign near a flock of seagulls as Dongwoo was scaring the birds by prancing in the background with Hoya laughing like crazy on the sidelines. And of course, Sunggyu and his lovely boyfriend were PDA-ing in the other corner. There was another interesting photo of Dongwoo glomping Sungjong near a confused looking ahjumma. And of course, there was a picture of Sungjong riding on Sungyeol’s back as he kicked Sunggyu (who looked rather outraged.)

“Ah, hyung!” he said, handing him the camera. “Take a picture of me here!”

He ran up to an outdoor mannequin advertising the clothing shop behind it and made a y pose and face at the camera. Sungyeol let out a high pitched laugh as he snapped a photo. Sungjong ran back to his side, wanting to see the outcome, and laughing as soon as he saw it.

“That is definitely going to be my new profile picture!” he laughed.

Hoya and Dongwoo looked at the shop. “Hey, do you care if we go inside?” Dongwoo asked.

“No problem,” Sungyeol grinned. “Sungjong and I will just wait out here and play with the camera.”

“Okay!” Hoya agreed, entering the shop with Dongwoo.

Sungyeol looked down at the picture again, his laughter bursting out as he looked at Sungjong’s over exaggerated y face.

“Hyung,” Sungjong said, tugging at his sleeve. “I’m going to buy some tteokbokki, okay? I saw a vendor just around the corner, so wait here, okay?”

Sungyeol nodded in agreement as Sungjong scurried off to buy them snacks. He played around with the camera settings a bit, zooming in on random spots in Sungjong’s picture. Leaning against the store’s wall, he laughed as he zoomed onto the cashier on the background who looked rather constipated. He clicked the right button to scoot the picture a little bit to the right and laughed at another weird shirt that said ‘sorry ladies, I’m officially married to Jeju Island!’ on it. He scooted the picture a little bit again to find a happy couple. The boy was placing a a big beach hat on the girl, and smiling at her.

Sungyeol smiled at the sight, as most couples made him smile. But as he glanced closer, the smile vanished. As he squinted harder and harder at the couple, the boy’s face looked a lot like…

Myungsoo.

And the girl looked a lot like…

IU.

Sungyeol shook his head aand rubbed his eyes, turning the camera off. He must’ve been seeing things – he had to be. But as he looked into the store, his fears seemed to be confirmed because there, standing at the cash register, paying for some items, were Myungsoo and IU in the flesh.

Blinking, Sungyeol couldn’t believe his eyes. Myungsoo – who had said he had plans – was going around shopping with IU. When did this happen?! Sungyeol craned his neck to see the two, watching them laugh with each other and link arms. Myungsoo had an ice cream cone in one hand, and they were taking turns eating from it.

“Yah, you’re going to get it on my shirt!” IU squealed at him, swatting his arm away.

“What’s that?” Myungsoo teased with a laugh, bringing the ice cream cone closer. “The ice cream cone can’t hear you~!”

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo!” she shrieked.

Sungyeol turned away for just a second to catch his breath, and then looked back. He stared straight at them, and to his surprise, Myungsoo actually caught his look. His eyes widened for a moment in surprise but returned to it’s nonchalant façade a millisecond later. For one second, Sungyeol thought that Myungsoo hadn’t noticed him, but he knew he did.

Just as he was about to get a closer look, he felt a happy grip on his sleeve.

“Oh, Sungjongie!” he exclaimed as he turned around. “Your back!”

“Yup!” he nodded happily. He held up the small box of tteokboki. “I got us one because it was cheaper and the serving sizes are bigger!” He picked up a rice cake with a toothpick and held it up to Sungyeol’s mouth. “Ah!”

“Ah,” Sungyeol repeated, biting into the snack.

As they ate together, Sungyeol turned back towards the store.

IU and Myungsoo were gone.

 

“Yah, Ji-Eun,” Myungsoo hissed, ducking behind a clothing rack.

“What?” she asked casually, browsing through some shirts. She pulled out a blue plaid button-up. “Hey, this would suit you, right? It’s pretty nice.”

Myungsoo blinked as he approached the shirt. “Yeah, I like it,” he said normally, as if their wasn’t a shellshocked Sungyeol peeking from outside. “The quality’s pretty nice, too. How much does it cost?”

As IU checked the price tag, Myungsoo smacked his forehead. This was not the time to be shopping so casually!

“Yah!” he hissed again, taking the shirt and shoving it back onto the rack.

“Hey!” she whined. “I was actually thinking of buying that for you! You know, since–” She let out a surprised squeak as he took her hand and squatted behind a few other racks of clothes.

“Listen,” he said, “we’ve got bigger problems right now! I just saw Sungyeol outside!”

IU gasped. “Yeollie’s here? Where?” she asked, peeking above the racks to find him.

“Get down!” the ravenette hissed. “We can’t let him see us! What if he… you know, finds out?!”

“…Then what do we do? How are we going to sneak past him?!”

Myungsoo stole another quick glance and breathed a sigh with relief when he saw that Sungyeol was temporarily distracted by Sungjong with tteokbokki.

“Okay,” he whispered, “on the count of three, we run, okay? I’m sure that Sungyeol will be distracted by snacks for much longer, but it’s best if we get out of here as soon as possible. Ready?”

She nodded. “One…”

“Two…”

“THREE!” they shouted together, running towards the exit.

They slipped by Sungyeol so easily, it was almost too perfect. They ran for another five minutes and stopped near a café. They were laughing and panting as they kept walking.

“Thanks,” Myungsoo said quickly.

“It’s not a problem.”

“No! You’ll never take me alive!”

Cries of sadness and agony were heard as the students were forced to leave the resort and onto the bus to the airport. Their teacher was currently trying to pry a boy off a nearby lamp post so that they could get going.

“Come on, Aron,” the teacher hissed as she pulled at him forcefully. “You’ll have other chances to come back to Jeju Island!”

“No!” he cried. “Don’t take me! This is the equivalent of leaving heaven to go to hell! Don’t make me leave!”

“Aron!” the teacher yelled, pulling him even harder. “Yah!” she called to the students. “Extra credit goes to whoever can get Aron on the bus!”

Sungjong jumped out from the bus and approached Aron. The two had actually gotten along rather well despite not wanting to be roommates, and had become rather close. The boy whispered something in Aron’s ear, and watched his eyes widen.

“You wouldn’t dare tell that to anyone!” he hissed.

“I would. Now get your onto that bus, Aron!”

“But… Jeju Island,” he whimpered.

Sungjong sighed. “I’m just as upset as you are, but we’re all going to live! Now get on the bus before I tell the entire senior class that you–”

“Ah, okay, okay!” Aron exclaimed, slamming a hand over Sungjong’s mouth. “I’ll get on the bus!”

Sungjong smirked triumphantly as Aron shuffled sadly onto the bus. The teacher gave Sungjong a pat on the head and a promise for extra credit.

The bus ride was rather quiet and uneventful, and boarding the plane was like a sad farewell. Once again, Myungsoo sat with Sungyeol, but this time, the choding wasn’t sleeping.

“You should’ve gone shopping with us yesterday,” he said, smiling. “We had lots of fun taking pictures and stuff!”

Myungsoo smiled a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. “Sorry I missed it. I was… busy,” he said softly.

Sungyeol forced the corners of his mouth to stay up as he pulled something out of his bag.

“Look!” he said, pulling out a t-shirt that said ‘obey me, slaves’ on it. “I got this for Daeyeol! I think he’ll like wearing it! I also got my mom and apron and my dad a cool looking bottle opener!”

The ravenette smiled. “Sounds nice,” he said. “The things in the shopping area were pretty cheap.”

“Did you, uh… did you buy anything?” Sungyeol asked, a small sliver of suspicion in his voice.

Myungsoo looked him straight in the eye.

“No.”


A/N: I hope that you're all confused, because if not, you have close to little or no emotion. YAY more jealous Yeol and IU & L action! (i'm not a fan of that though so idk why i'm cheering) I think I'll add some more Hoyeol and jelly Myung later though (cause you all seem to LOVE that) But for this chap, we've got jelly Yeol and iMyung (omg wtf) so, YAY! omg guys, why do you think myunggie was out with IU and lying to Yeol? WHY WHY WHY?! (lol I know why.)

Did I ever tell you guys how much I love shopping areas near beaches? Do you guys know the ones I'm talking about? Like, all those stores with vintage clothes, the outdoor vendors and beach food restaurants, the stores that are just art galleries and the view of the ocean and the smell of salt water... AGH I miss those places.

AND I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING EARLIER! I was supposed to finish this like... last week, but I was stuck in a bit of a dillemma.

If you could be so kind to read this -> blog

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN! I'm really in desperate need of advice, and I think you guys would be able to help out! If you have any advice, leave it in the comment section of the blog. KAY~! G'BYE MY LOVELIES~!!!

Quinnie - OUT!