Truth Be Told

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

Okay, let’s face it – being trapped in a closet with Sungyeol was not something Myungsoo expected. Everything seemed to happen in a blur and the next thing he knew, he was being shoved into a closet with the said boy. And Sungyeol seemed rather panicked.

“Is there a problem Sungyeol?” he asked warily.

Sungyeol breathed heavily and scratched the back of his head. “Well, no – I mean, yes. Yes, there is.”

“…What kind of problem?” he asked. For all he knew, Sungyeol had just gotten kissed by his crush.

“I just… I can’t explain it.”

“Well, I can’t help you if you don’t explain it.”

Sighing, Sungyeol stared at the ground. “Okay… so here’s what happened. It turns out Hoya’s the one who likes me, right?”

“Continue,” he nodded.

“And you know, I like Hoya, so I’m pretty psyched right now. And I really want to begin to date Hoya.”

Myungsoo huffed through his nose and glanced away. Sungyeol was just rubbing salt in his wound. “So, why do we need to talk, exactly?”

“I just… Something is holding me back, Myung. Just… something. And it’s keeping me from completely giving my heart to Hoya. It’s holding me back. And… I don’t know what to do – I don’t even know what it is!”

Myungsoo blinked. “Do you think that… perhaps there’s someone else’s heart that’s holding you back?”

“I don’t… I don’t know. Do you have any idea what I should do?”

“To be honest, Sungyeol, I can’t help you with this.” Maybe Myungsoo was sounding a bit rude, but to be fair, he was still getting over the shock. “You should just follow your heart. You’ve wanted Hoya for some time now, right? Go for it. You… you like him, after all,” he finished softly.

“…You’re right,” Sungyeol answered. “I will. Thanks, Myung. You’re the best friend I could ever ask for!” He gave him a brisk hug and opened the closet, light flooding in. He exited and walked down the hall, Myungsoo following behind.

Maybe he wasn’t supposed to hear what Sungyeol was going to say to Hoya, but he really couldn’t help it at this point. Sneaking near the door again, he heard Sungyeol’s shoes come to an abrupt stop.

“Hoya,” he heard him say.

“Yes?”

“Gosh, I’m really sorry for running out like that, but I guess I was just overwhelmed.”

Hoya chuckled. “It’s not problem, Sungyeol.” Biting his lip, he cautiously took Sungyeol’s hand into his and smiled hopefully. “So… what do you say? About this. About… us?”

“Hoya, you’re a wonderful person, and I like you. You’re smart, you’re funny, and you’re caring. Anybody would be lucky to have a guy like you. It’s just…”

Hoya’s smile faded softly as he gently scrunched his eyebrows. “What is it?”

“I don’t think… us is going to work out. Don’t get me wrong – you’re a great person! But when you kissed me…” He sighed regretfully and moved Hoya’s hand to his heart. “Do you feel it, Hoya? Nothing happened. My heart didn’t race, I didn’t get tingles, and nothing sparked between us. I guess what I’m trying to say is… it’s not what I expected.”

Hoya looked down, obviously hurt. “I guess I understand,” he said softly. “But you said you liked me, Sungyeol.”

“I do like you. Normally I’d give you my heart without a second thought but there’s some sort of anchor there, Hoya – as if it’s holding me back, and I’m not sure if I would be a good boyfriend if my heart were constantly held back.”

Hoya smiled with a slight twinkle in his eyes. “So you do like someone else.”

Sungyeol flushed red and his eyes widened. “What? I don’t like anyone else! Who ever told you that–”

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell him.”

“Tell who?!”

Hoya just chuckled and looked at him with a bittersweet smile. “Somehow, I knew this was a long shot. To be honest, I flipped a coin to see whether I would go through with this or not. But I don’t want to end our relations here. Let’s continue as good friends from now on, okay?”

Sungyeol grinned. “I’d like that. Thanks for understanding, Hoya. I’m sure there’s someone else that’s much more suited to be with you than me.”

Hoya smiled. “Thanks. I just hope it doesn’t make our Homecoming Stage Special awkward,” he laughed. “Wow, all this work I did for nothing. Shame I couldn’t take your heart.”

The two began walking out of the room, Sungyeol patting him on the back. “It’s alright. Instead, you got a detention and a membership in the Lee Sungyeol Friendship Club.”

Hoya paused. “…I’m not too sure what that is, but I know that’s not the only thing I got.”

“Oh, really? What else did you take from me, you pickpocket,” Sungyeol asked playfully, searching his pockets.

Hoya laughed and placed a hand on Sungyeol’s shoulder. “I also took your first kiss.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened as he gasped and slammed a hand over his lips. Hoya did steal his first kiss! That sly, little–!

“Well, I’ll see you around, Sungyeol,” Hoya smiled cheerfully as he left the nurse’s office. He opened the door and turned to the right, seeing Myungsoo’s shocked face. “Oh, hi, Myungsoo,” he greeted before he made his way down the hall. 

Sungyeol exited the room afterwards, looking red and flustered. He nearly jumped as his eyes landed on Myungsoo. “Oh, Myung! I-I didn’t see you there.”

“Yeol… what was that?”

“What was what?”

That,” he emphasized. “You just rejected Hoya.”

He gave a toothy smile and a playful twinkle that lit up his eyes. “I just did what you told me.”

“I didn’t tell you to reject Hoya!”

“No… but you told me to follow my heart.”

And for once, Sungyeol said something that Myungsoo didn’t have a response to.

 

“You know, this is great, Woohyun,” Sunggyu smiled as he sat with a coffee in hand. “The Love Hospital is running smoothly and it’s all thanks to our new staff. I have much less of a load now.”

Woohyun smiled up at him. “And more time to spend with me~!”

Sunggyu grinned and pinched his cheek lightly before pecking his neck. “Lots more time, jagi.”

“Save it for your room!” two voices intruded.

Sunggyu and Woohyun looked over to see Sungjong and Key stare at each other before breaking into a glare. Then, both did a hair flip and went their separate ways.

“Those two are so similar, I don’t understand why they’re not friends,” Woohyun chuckled.

“Their too similar. It’s easier for opposites to attract. For example – I’m pretty sure our Jongie likes Sungmin much more than Key,” he said, pointing to the two. Sungjong (who was just slightly shorter) was looking up at Sungmin, conversing about who knows what.

“Uh, Sunggyu-hyungnim,” Henry spoke as he appeared beside the couple.

“Ah, ah, ah,” Woohyun playfully scolded, giving him a certain look.

“Oh, sorry. I mean – Sunggyu-appa,” he corrected. “Sungjong gave me the statistics for this week. We’ve served a lot more happy customers in one week than we ever have before!”

Woohyun nearly exploded, thinking that Henry was the cutest thing on Earth, and threw his arms around his ‘son’, “Aigoo, my baby is so smart~!” he cooed. “Just like your father.”

Sunggyu just mentally smacked himself as Henry laughed. Henry had gotten accustomed to their awkward family roleplay, while Sunggyu was still thinking it was just idiotic.

“Oh, yeah,” Sunggyu said, “I have an announcement to make.” Then, throughout the whole office, he yelled, “Group meeting, please!”

Immediately, all of the doctors rushed out and stood in a line in front of Sunggyu. “Yes, chief?!” they chanted.

Sunggyu stared at them long and hard, blinking his squinty eyes once or twice before asking, “Who told you to do that?”

Simultaneously, the doctors pointed a finger to Woohyun who was too busy trying to muffle his hysteric laughs. Sunggyu just rolled his eyes and gave his staff another glance. “Um… at ease,” he said.

They visibly loosened up and smiled at their leader. Sunggyu only rolled his eyes and continued.

“Anyways, since we have four lovely new additions to our team we’re going to have another group bonding. Woohyun has agreed to hold it at his house. He’s got a pool, and it’ll be hot out, so bring your swim gear and stuff. Uh, that’s it, so if there are any problems just talk to me.”

“Okay, chief!” they cheered.

“Erm… dismissed.”

The doctors dispersed back to their offices. Myungsoo walked up to Sungyeol and looked up at him.

“Um, Yeol? Do you have any free time? Like… now?”

Sungyeol checked the clipboard of appointments outside his office and nodded. “Yeah, I’m free right now. Why?”

“I’m free also and I was wondering if we could have a chat. About my love life.”

“Ah, you need a doctor! No worries – come into my office!”

Myungsoo followed him inside his office and sat down in front of him, just like their first meeting. Sungyeol grinned at him.

“So, what’s on your mind, Myung?”

“So, you know how I liked IU?”

“Yes.”

“Well, I’m over her now. I like someone else. I really like them,” he said.

“That’s great! What do you want to do, then?”

“Can you help me send a note, again? Just this last time, and then I can take matters into my own hands.”

Sungyeol smiled. “Sure! Just write it down, and we can go to their locker together.”

For the second time, Myungsoo ripped off a piece of scrap paper from some stack of stuff on Sungyeol’s desk and scrawled down a few words. He folded it neatly and nodded.

“Then let’s go,” Sungyeol said. “Show me to their locker.”

Myungsoo smiled lightly. “Follow me.”

Together, the two of them walked out of the Love Hospital in a comfortable silence. Their steps echoed down the nearly empty halls as Myungsoo turned the corner into an empty one. Sungyeol glanced around the hallway. ‘Kind of familiar,’ he thought. Myungsoo stopped in front of the target locker and took a deep breath before slipping the note between the cracks.

“So, when does the locker owner arrive?” Sungyeol asked, eyeing the locker. ‘This locker just looks so damn familiar.’

Myungsoo groaned, banging his forehead onto the locker. “Are you seriously that stupid?”

“What? How does this make me stupid? What?”

Myungsoo gave him a ‘you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me’ look and pointed at the locker number. “Whose locker is this, Yeol?”

And that’s when it finally clicked for Sungyeol. It was his locker. He blinked. “This is my locker,” he said.

“Yes, Sungyeol. This is your locker.”

He stared at him. “…Why would you put a note in my locker?”

“Maybe you should read the note, first.”

Scrunching his eyebrows slightly, Sungyeol dialed his locker combination and opened the metal door, the note fluttering out. He let out a frustrated sigh as he bent over to pick it up. He opened the scrap, and read it silently.

Yup, it’s you.

I’ve liked you for quite a while. You didn’t even notice.

But you’re stupid, so I guess that’s an excuse.

I know it’s a bit soon, with the Hoya thing and all, but I needed to make sure you knew.

Lee Sungyeol.

I like you.

Sungyeol looked up to find Myungsoo’s face in an extremely close proximity to his. “Uh, Myung, I–”

“You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to get that out. I’ve been working so hard, trying to get you to notice.”

“Working hard?”

A small smirk played on Myungsoo’s lips. “Read the last line of the note, Yeol.”

“…I like you,” he whispered.

“Now doesn’t that ring a bell?”

 

“I’m very disappointed in the five of you,” the teacher said.

“Yes, sir,” the boys chorused, looking down.

The teacher pointed to one boy. “You, I don’t want to see you cheat on a test.” Then he pointed to the four boys. “And as for you four, I never want to see fighting again! Understand?”

The five of them nodded solemnly, too ashamed to look up. Well, Hoya was ashamed. The boys he fought with just looked plain annoyed.

“For your punishment you will split into pairs and go clean some classrooms that need desperate cleaning. Pair up with the person next to you; get your supplies and go. There’s a list of classrooms that need cleaning, just check them off once you’re done.”

“Yes, sir,” they said.

Hoya glanced around, finally realizing something. “Uh, sir?” he raised his hand. “I don’t have a partner?”

The teacher looked up from his desk, and glanced at the empty seat next to Hoya. “Aish, he’s late again. That troubling ki–”

“I’m here!” a voice announced as someone burst through the door.

“Dongwoo, you’re late.”

“I know, I’m sorry! I had to finish a test!”

The teacher just rolled his eyes. “Well, today you’ll be cleaning classrooms with Hoya, here. Okay? Get to work. Come back after three hours.”

The group of boys was heading out when the teacher added, “And if there’s so much as a stain in any of those rooms, you’ll all have detention again.”

“Yes, sir,” they chorused.

Hoya smiled at his partner – Dongwoo. They had met before, so it wasn’t that awkward.

“So, what brings you into detention?” Dongwoo asked.

Sheepishly, Hoya said, “Got into a fight with those guys. You?”

He laughed. “I fell asleep in class,” he chuckled, eye-smiling. “But, I had to finish my dramas the night before, so I guess it’s partially my fault.”

Hoya laughed. Maybe detention wasn’t going to be so bad.


 

 

A/N;

 

Yeah, so...

I have nothing to say except

 

YAY! I UPDATED!

OMG THE TRUTH COMES OUT!

I GOT A BODYGUARD!!!

yeah, I got me a bodyguard to protect me from Infinite's onslaught of attacks. Introducing the one, the ONLY --

RICKY!!!

Yeol; Lol, he's not going to stop us.

Myung; nope.

Ricky; I CAN TOO.

lol I have no clue how this will end up.

HAY GUISE! YOU SEE THAT YADONG AT THE END. I FINALLY DID IT. FI-NA-LLY.

So, subscribe, comment, upvote, do whatever your heart desires~!!!

Quinnie -- OUT.