Sleepy Princess Monkeys

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

He had no clue what he was doing. He knew he liked it, but he really didn’t know what he was doing. Actually, he didn’t really remember why he was here in the first place. But that didn’t matter, did it? …well, maybe that did matter a little bit, but not at the moment.

Not while they were making out.

Because right now, Lee Sungyeol lay on Myungsoo’s bed, their lips attached and dancing in a fierce heat. He didn’t remember how or why he got there, but that was irrelevant at the moment. All he knew was that Myungsoo was on top of him, he was under him, and they were kissing.

Myungsoo finished off with one last kiss before he pulled away and lay down next to him. Sungyeol let out a heavy sigh, and lay his head on his chest. It was silent for a few seconds before they spoke.

“Myungsoo…” he said quietly. “What exactly are we?”

Swallowing, Myungsoo looked down at him. “You sure… you sure you don’t want to date?”

For the first time, Sungyeol was hesitant. He didn’t want to date, right? They had already decided upon that. So he shook his head.

“I… I like us as friends,” he stated.

Myungsoo nodded. “I thought you’d say something like that.” His fingers threaded themselves through Sungyeol’s hair, touching the soft strands.

With a lazy grunt, Sungyeol reached over to Myungsoo’s bedside table and grabbed his TV remote. He switched it on, gluing his eyes to whatever show was on.

“Ew, I don’t like this show,” Myungsoo said, grabbing the remote and changing the channel quickly. The screen flickered to some sort of action drama.

“No! I don’t want to watch this!” Sungyeol exclaimed, flailing his arms towards the remote.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he yanked it out of his reach. Sungyeol had long arms, but he was still stupid. But since he knew better than to get Sungyeol mad, he changed the channel anyways. The screen flickered over to some sports show and Sungyeol gasped.

“Oh no!” he cried.

Myungsoo looked at him in concern. “What?” he asked. “Something wrong?”

“This Friday!” he exclaimed, his eyes wide. “This Friday is field day!”

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. “And…?”

“I hate field day!” Sungyeol groaned, flopping over to bury his face into a pillow. “I hate running!” He let out a frustrated sigh.

Myungsoo just chuckled and pat his back. “You don’t have to participate. And besides, there’s so much more than just running! There are high jumps, and long jumps, and… no, that’s it.”

Sungyeol turned his face to gaze up at him. “…well, I’m not too terrible at any of those. And I’m not bad at running – I’ll just avoid it if I can.”

Myungsoo shrugged, lying down next to him. “Well, then it can’t be too hard, right? I heard there’s some sort of free-for-all obstacle course with a special prize at the end.”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Probably something stupid. What was last year’s prize, again?”

“A hug from Kikwang,” Myungsoo said. “All the girls were racing while no guys raced. I wonder what it’ll be this year…”

Sungyeol shrugged, suddenly wrapping his limbs around Myungsoo and nuzzling his nose into his neck. “So long as neither of us are a prize, I think everything will be fine.”

Myungsoo could only let out a breathy laugh as Sungyeol’s breath tickled his skin. He liked it when they were like this. When he could just imagine that they really were a couple for a moment.

“What are you, a monkey?” he joked.

“Whatever,” Sungyeol mumbled into his collarbone. “I’m the prettiest monkey ever.”

The ravenette ruffled the other’s hair. “You’re my pretty monkey, Yeol,” he laughed.

“And what about you?” the taller asked suddenly, looking up at him. “What are you supposed to be? You can’t be another monkey.”

“Well, I’m not a banana,” he mused.

Sungyeol just let out a childish ‘hmph’ and buried his face into the younger’s chest. “Whatever, I’m tired.”

“Why so suddenly?” he asked. “You were throwing a tantrum about field day less than a minute ago.”

“It’s been two minutes.”

“You get my point.”

Myungsoo felt Sungyeol shrug against his body. “I don’t know, I’m just tired. I want to sleep.”

“You were so awake a minute ago, though.”

“…but then the minute finished and I’m tired now.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, patting the other’s hair. “Go ahead, take a nap, then. I’ll wake you up at feeding time, monkey.”

Sungyeol squeezed his eyes shut as gripped Myungsoo’s blue plaid shirt. He wasn’t really tired – nope. He just needed to keep hiding his face from Myungsoo. Why, you ask? Simple – he was extremely red from all the blushing he had been doing for the past few minutes. He suddenly felt shy around Myungsoo; maybe it was the affectionate bantering, but he was blushing madly.

With a light groan, he rolled over so that his face was concealed by Myungsoo’s pillow. Myungsoo’s hand reached down and pat the other’s back softly, humming something along the lines of a lullaby.

“…I’m not a baby,” Sungyeol claimed suddenly, his words muffled by the pillow. “You don’t need to sing me to sleep.”

The younger clicked his tongue. “Then what do you suggest I do, sleeping beauty?”

“Don’t call me that.”

“Why not?”

“Monkeys aren’t beautiful.”

After an amused sigh, Myungsoo asked, “Then what would help you sleep better, my pretty monkey?”

Sungyeol peeked up from the pillow. “Hot chocolate would be nice…”

With a lazy grunt, Myungsoo got off the bed and stumbled his way towards the door. Your legs would be asleep too, if someone had been laying on them for the past half hour. As he exited the room, he bumped into his mother.

“Myungsoo, dear,” she said softly. “We still need to ta–”

“Shhh,” her son hushed. “Sungyeol’s trying to sleep,” he explained quietly, “and I need to make him some hot chocolate. We can talk later, okay, umma? Sorry,” he said.

He plodded down the stairs as his mother sighed. How was she supposed to break the news? It wasn’t going to be something very easy; that was for sure.  She peeked back in his room, where Sungyeol lay comfortably on his bed, drifting away to sleep. She sighed and returned to her own room. She knew that Myungsoo adored that boy to an endless extent, so she couldn’t interrupt their time together.

She would find a different time to tell him. So instead, she slipped back into her own room.

By the time Myungsoo returned back into his room, Sungyeol was fast asleep. He snored lightly against his pillow, a small puddle of drool pooling around his lips. Myungsoo laughed to himself and placed the dup of hot chocolate on the desk next to his bed. With a tired sigh he crawled into his bed, back-hugging Sungyeol.

“Get some rest, hyung,” he whispered. “I know you’ve been working a lot in the Love Hospital lately, and that you stay up late doing your homework because you’re so busy with the club. Your dark circles are really visible now.”

As Myungsoo nuzzled his nose into the back of Sungyeol’s neck, Sungyeol blinked his eyes open. Myungsoo was so caring – and he didn’t want to admit it, but perhaps at that moment, a tiny piece of his heart was stolen.

 

“I hate field day.”

It was probably the fifteenth time that Sunggyu had repeated it in the last half hour. And it was true – he completely hated field day. Sunggyu was far from athletic, and field day tortured him. Not to mention, it was hot out and that alone was making him sweat enough – he didn’t want to run.

Beside him, Woohyun was talking away to Dongwoo, who was listening to the other rave about how rude and unhelpful Sunggyu was.

“So here I am, chewing him out for nearly destroying our Myungsoo and Sungyeol,” Woohyun exclaimed, “and do you know what he does while I’m lecturing?! Do you know what he does?!”

“What?” Dongwoo asked, excited.

“He farts!” Woohyun screams. “He farted in the middle of my lecture! Isn’t that obscene?! Isn’t that completely rude?!” Woohyun turned towards his boyfriend. “And as punishment, we agreed to not let our relationship get heated for two months.”

“Okay, no,” Sunggyu retorted, “I did not agree to that! You created and established that all on your own!”

“For good reason!” Woohyun cried. “Who farts when they’re being lectured? Couldn’t you have held it in?!”

Sunggyu groaned and leaned back onto the grass. “But the lecture subject was stupid!”

“It is not! We are trying to get Sungyeol and Myungsoo together, and you made Sungyeol friendzone him!”

“Tch, you’re over exaggerating.”

“You’re foul!”

“Yeah, okay – let’s see who comes crawling back to the other by the end of two months.”

“What’s that supposed  to mean?!”

Sunggyu blinked at him, “Well, you said you wanted to spend time apart, right? For two months?”

Woohyun’s eyes widened. “Are you… are you breaking up with me?!”

Sunggyu jumped in shock. “What? No, I–!”

“Since we’re not having for two months you’re going to break up with me?! Is that all I am for you, Gyu?! Something to play with and throw away?!”

“Jagi, we’ve been dating for three years, there’s no way I would–”

“There’s someone else you’re seeing, isn’t there?! I just know it!”

“Woohyun!”

But the other had just whipped around, his eyes b with unreasonable tears. Dongwoo pat his back, whispering words of comfort and encouragement while Sunggyu stared at his boyfriend in disbelief. At that moment, Sungyeol appeared along with Myungsoo and Hoya.

“Sungyeollie!” Woohyun cried, flinging his arms around the taller.

“Woohyun?” he gasped in slight shock. “What’s the matter?”

Woohyun sobbed into his shoulder. “Gyu wants to break up with me!” he hiccupped.

“What?! What for?!”

“Because… I won’t sleep with him!” he cried dramatically.

There was a collective gasp from the small group of friends, and Hoya simply shook his head at Sunggyu.

“Shallow,” he murmured.

“I never said that!” Sunggyu exclaimed, feeling wronged. “I didn’t–! I just–! …That’s not what I meant!”

Hoya ‘tsk’-ed and sat down in the grass next to Dongwoo. Myungsoo stared at Sunggyu curiously – last time he saw them, the two were inseparable. And Sungyeol was doing his best to console his friend.

Sunggyu was about to open his mouth to explain what happened, but then the teachers called all the students to the field over the loudspeakers. They all headed to the field, where the entire school was decked out in t-shirts and shorts or sweatpants. Everyone hovered around the field, wondering what races were about to begin.

Sungyeol was barely listening when they announced the start of a male relay race. He and the others just sat down on the patches of grass while a bunch of athletes from their grade level volunteered.

Woohyun was being unreasonably hysterical on the side, while Sunggyu was making attempts to soothe him (but it wasn’t working very well.) Hoya and Dongwoo were caught up in their own conversation, so Sungyeol ended up next to Myungsoo.

“Where’s Sungjong?” Sungyeol asked him, hugging his knees as the pistol sounded.

The sound of racers taking off filled the air as Myungsoo said, “He’s hanging out with the other guys, you know – Henry, Sungmin, Soojung and Key? Yeah, he’s with them.”

Sungyeol nodded. “Ah, I see.” Then he grimaced. “Aish, I hate wearing sweats. They’re so… sweaty, and gross.”

“Well, gee, I never knew that,” Myungsoo snorted. Cheers erupted from the students as one student passed the baton to another.

Sungyeol let out a cheer of his own, yelling out encouraging words from his spot seated on the grass. “Our grade level is doing pretty well,” he noticed. “Those sophomores and juniors can’t beat us!”

Myungsoo chuckled. “Well, we’re the seniors – we kind of have to win.”

“Didn’t they rig it one year?” Sungyeol asked.

Myungsoo shrugged. “Probably. The seniors usually win field day anyways. But we have a bunch of athletes in our grade – winning is pretty plausible.”

The taller nodded and yawned. “It’s just so boring when you’re not the one participating.” A collective cheer rose from the seniors who, as predicted, won. Sungyeol and Myungsoo cheered while sitting, pumping their fists in the air.

The teachers announced the start of the female relay, and a bunch of girls started to volunteer. Sungyeol just stretched his arms and lay down on Myungsoo’s lap.

“I’m sleepy.”

He rolled his eyes and scoffed. “Didn’t you get enough sleep when you napped at my house? For like… four hours?”

Sungyeol groaned. “Not enough.”

“How much sleep do you need?”

“More than I get.”

“Wow, that’s so specific.”

“I know, right?”

“How late do you stay up every night?”

“I don’t know… if it’s a good day, then maybe eleven. Bad day? Hm… three in the morning is definitely a possibility.”

“Wow. Have you pulled an all nighter before?”

“Yep. But that was when I was watching re-runs of Reply 1997. Great drama.”

“Jeez, stop wasting your sleep. You’ll get dark circles and wrinkles.”

“Mm, whatever. It’s mostly because I work hard in the Love Hospital and I forget to do my homework, so I stay up late.”

“Why don’t you do your homework in between meetings, then? Or during your break? That’s what I do – I get plenty of sleep.”

Sungyeol groaned. “Whatever. I just want to sleep now, okay?” he said, closing his eyes and making his head comfortable on Myungsoo’s lap.

Myungsoo played with his hair as he fell asleep comfortably. He drifted into slumber, snoring lightly against Myungsoo’s legs.

Myungsoo sighed.

When, oh, when was Sungyeol going to become his?

 

It was midday, and after countless races and games, it was time for lunch.

Of course they participated in a few events – like the tug-of-war, or this one game where they all held spoons in their mouth and they had to pass a jellybean from one end of the line to another without using their hands. It was pretty chaotic, but fun, nonetheless. Sungyeol had woken up half and hour later, and was able to participate alongside his colleagues.

But now it was time for lunch.

The entire school sat on the grassy field, eating the to-go boxes that each homeroom teacher had bought for their class. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya, Dongwoo, Myungsoo and Sungyeol all sat together, slurping up their share of jjajangmyun. All was quiet as they wolfed down their noodles, trying not to choke in the process.

Of course, at least one person choked.

That one person being Sunggyu.

“Serves him right,” Woohyun mumbled, shoving more jjajangmyun into his mouth.

“Jagi, stop overreacting!” Sunggyu exclaimed as soon as he could breathe again.

“You broke up with me!” he accused.

“No, I did not!”

The couple began to bicker once again, and Sungyeol shrugged it off.

“They’ll be all love-y dove-y by the time school is over, you just watch.”

Dongwoo glanced at them. “I don’t know… Woohyun seems really upset.”

“He’ll get over it,” Sungyeol reassured. “Believe me – he’s quite the drama queen.”

Hoya suddenly asked, “What are we doing after lunch, anyways? Are there any more races?”

“Yeah, but they’re free-for-alls. Like, it’s every man for him self. There’s the hurdles, and then the distance, the jump rope and, of course, the obstacle course,” Dongwoo replied.

 “The obstacle course is the most popular,” Myungsoo said. “The prize is usually a hug or kiss from someone the student body has voted on. Last year it was Kikwang and mostly girls competed. I don’t know who the prize is for this year, though. I wonder who–”

“Sungyeol-oppa!” a voice screamed from afar.

All of their heads turned in that direction, watching as three girls came racing towards them; all had distressed looks on their faces.

“Sungyeol-oppa!” one cried again. “Oppa, oppa!”

“Eunji?” Sungyeol spoke, surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“Who’s she?” Myungsoo whispered.

“She’s part of the fan club,” Sungyeol explained. “She’s the president of my division. Next to her is Minah – she’s in charge of activities. And the girl next to them is the president; Taeyeon.”

Myungsoo nodded as the girls proceeded to start speaking.

“Oppa,” Eunji cried, “it’s absolutely terrible! Taeyeon is going to be ruined forever!”

Minah cried out, “You have to save her! You have to!”

Taeyeon just let out a choked sob and threw herself into Sungyeol’s arms, crying into his chest. “Sungyeol-ah!” she cried. “Why would they do this to me?!”

“What is it, noona?” he asked, concerned for their fan club’s president.

“T-They chose me… they chose me as the field day princess!” she cried, squeezing out the last of her sentence in tears. “They just posted on the announcement board the prize is a kiss on the cheek from Kim Taeyeon! Now I’ll have to kiss someone I don’t want to!” She looked up at him with bleary eyes. “You don’t want your favorite noona to kiss someone she doesn’t know, right?! You have to help me!”

Minah added, “It’s terrible, oppa! Too many boys are signing up for the race, and a lot of them look sleazy and gross!”

Sungyeol gasped. “No! I will not allow those kinds of guys to kiss our fan club president! Right, girls?!” Eunji and Minah nodded while Taeyeon looked up with a hopeful smile. “How can I help you, Taeyeon-noona?” he asked.

“Actually,” Eunji said, “we thought maybe you could enter the competition and win it. Taeyeon doesn’t really want to kiss anyone at all, but better you than some gross guy, right?”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened in surprise. “M-Me? Win the kiss? But… I’m not–”

“We know, Sungyeol-oppa,” Eunji giggled. “But can you just do it this once? To save her from gross and sweaty boys that she might have to kiss?”

Sungyeol cast a glance at Myungsoo, who nodded slightly. Sungyeol smiled at the girls. “Sure,” he said. “I’ll race for you guys.”

The three jumped up and down in excitement, squealing. “Thank you!” Taeyeon exclaimed, her tears gone. “You’re the best love doctor ever!” she cried.

All three of them ran off, screaming, “Saranghaeyo, Lee Sungyeol!”

“Aren’t you noble,” Dongwoo laughed, looking at Sungyeol’s suddenly exasperated face.

“I don’t want to run, but I feel so bad for noona,” he said, shaking his head. “I have to save my precious fans!”

By the time it was start the obstacle race, news had already circulated that Lee Sungyeol would be racing. Many found it surprising – why would he race if the prize was a kiss from a girl and he was gay? Did that make any sense?

All the racers lined up. Many boys had signed up, as well as a few of Taeyeon’s friends who were also trying to ‘save’ her.

There was a boy next to Sungyeol who looked extremely determined. His hair was dyed a mature platinum blonde, yet he had chubby looking cheeks. He was rather baby faced for someone with a body as fit as his.

The race course was simple – you had to run a long distance, climb a wall that was two Sungyeols tall, capture a small flag, make your way through an inflatable playground, climb up a play structure, slide down a pole, then cross the finish line. He wondered where the school got all the equipment from. Taeyeon awaited at the end, sitting nervously in a chair, waiting for the victor. Most of the school was waiting at the finish line, while all the racers were waiting to begin.

The platinum blonde haired boy looked at him. “Good luck,” he said, bowing his head slightly.

“You too.”

And the pistol shot.

Everyone took off in a sprint, racing towards the short wall. It seemed miles away, but in a few minutes, everyone had made it. Sungyeol, being tall, climbed the wall with ease, his long legs helping get over in record time.

He glanced behind him; a few kids had already given up.

He kept on running, not noticing the fact the platinum-blonde-boy was right on his heels. The tiny flags were stuck into the dirt by wires, and Sungyeol and the other boy grabbed it at almost the same time. There were other people that were close to him, but the platinum-blonde-boy was closest to surpassing him.

In the distance was the inflatable jungle gym. It was a giant balloon like platform with inflatable pillars the stuck up, inflatable hurdles you had to crawl under, an inflatable ramp to climb up and a slide.

The first foot he set on the giant thing, he nearly screamed. He sank in right away.

Well, what did he expect? That air was going to hold him up?

He struggled his way through the balloon mess, getting smacked in the face by the inflatable pillars only eight times. It was one of those times where being tall and lanky was not an advantage.

“Dammit!” he yelled, flailing in a mess of plastic and blowing air.

He was quite aware that the platinum-blonde-boy was getting ahead of him, so he rolled around aimlessly, and somehow he bumped into the ramp. Happily surprised, he nearly leaped over the ramp and pranced down the slide.

Platinum-blonde-boy was only a few footsteps ahead, which he passed quiet easily. He took the lead again.

From the other side of the finish line, the entire school was anxious to see who would cross the finish line first. The two boys were now making their ways across the play structure, coming close the pole they needed to slide down.

“I think he might be able to win it!” Hoya shouted over the clashing sounds of people cheering.

“Go Sungyeol!” Dongwoo cheered from his side, jumping up and down in his spot.

The cheers got more restless and loud as the two competitors neared the finish line.

And then, as if it happened in slow motion.

Sungyeol tripped.

With a very ungraceful pirouette and an awkward squawk, he fell flat on his face. The crowd groaned, cringing at the sorry sight in front of them. While he was down, platinum-blonde-boy crossed the finish line and a flurry of cheers erupted from the crowd. Sungyeol stayed in his spot with his face on the ground. He might’ve even been dead, for all everyone knew.

We have a winner!” the loudspeaker announced. “He will now claim his kiss from the field day princess!”

Worried, Myungsoo, Hoya and Dongwoo rushed over to Sungyeol’s side, poking at his limp body. A muffled cry came from the boy.

“…what was that?” Dongwoo asked.

“I said, I lost,” Sungyeol repeated, looking up. “That means Taeyeon will have to kiss an unattractive guy, huh?”

“…actually, the guy is pretty good looking. And Taeyeon seems pretty happy about it.”

Sungyeol shot up, looking over to the field day princess who was bestowing a kiss on the cheek to the platinum-blonde-boy with a smile (he later found out that the boy’s name was Jang Wooyoung, and they were even in the same homeroom class).

Sungyeol smiled slightly. “Yeah… she does look happy about it. Then I’m happy too!” he cried happily, trying to sit up. “Ow!”

Hoya gently turned him over to his back and looked at his leg. He winced and said, “You got a pretty big scrap on your calf and knee, Sungyeol,” he said. “We should get that bandaged.”

Myungsoo cringed as he looked down at Sungyeol’s leg – the flesh on his knee and shin were scraped raw and blood was seeping down the sides. “We need to get you to the nurse’s office.”

Hoya nodded. “Dongwoo and I will go there now and tell her you’re coming! You help Sungyeol get there,” he said, and they were off.

Myungsoo stared down at him, then to his leg, then back at him. “Does it hurt a lot?” he asked.

Sungyeol winced. “Of course it does, fool. How am I supposed to get to the nurse’s office when nearly half of my leg is bleeding?”

Myungsoo blinked. “Well! I guess there’s no other way then!”

“What does that– AH!” he screamed.

In a second, Myungsoo had lifted him up into a fireman lift, making sure not to touch the bleeding leg.

“What are you doing?!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

“Taking you to the nurse’s office,” Myungsoo replied with a smile.

“But I–! You can’t–! Put me down right now!”

“You can’t walk though, so that’s not an option.” Myungsoo laughed as Sungyeol huffed. “I feel like a monster carrying a princess away.”

“Don’t call me a princess.”

“Why not?”

“Because monkeys aren’t pretty.”

“Well, you’re the prettiest monkey on earth.”


A/N;

 

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA I FINALLY UPDATED! WOW. IT'S BEEN A WHILE.

 

WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG?

 

IDK. BUT I'M HERE NOW.

I'LL TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.

 

okei, hi :3 I'm so happy to have updated! ^^ While this seems kind of filler-y, I really like it! ^^You guise know field day, right? like in anime? No? ...k, never mind.

 

ALSO. I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE SOMETHING IN HONOR OF HITTING 600 SUBS.

 

so, I realize that you may or may not have liked the little "role-play reply" thing I did with my characters and stuff. And, you may have not gotten to ask what you wanted, or have missed the oppurtunity.

SO I INTRODUCE --

 

SUNGYEOL THE STUPID LOVE DOCTOR'S ASK.FM!!!

yayyyyyy!!! X3 basically, you can ask any questions you want anonymously ( an account isn't required to ask questions ) and address it to whomever you like -- be it me, the author, any of the characters, or the cast in general! :) please try it out and have fun with it! I wanted to do something that involved the readers! kinda like...

a press conference! but... for a fanfiction...

well anyways here's the linkee!!! 8D ( like please do it, I think it'd be kewl )

WAHAHAHA ASK THEM THINGS 8D

Now, I'm going to go design shirts and posters to create for OGS. See ya~!

 

Quinnie -- OUT.

 

p.s. -- just in cast you were wondering of confused, this is a fireman lift --

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/f/f/3/5/1236268743993474827johnny_automatic_firemans_lift.svg.hi.png

no bridal style cause that's cheesy and gross.