The Love Club

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

Myungsoo and the others were still lounging around, waiting for Sungyeol to finish speaking with Chunji.

“Hey, Myungsoo, I’ve been meaning to ask something,” Hoya said suddenly.

“Yeah?”

“So, earlier Sungyeol was pretty confused because your Japanese is practically divine when about a month ago it was terrible. At least – that’s what he says. So, I’m just wondering… why’d you ask Sungyeol for tutoring if you’re already good at this?”

Myungsoo swallowed nervously. The answer wasn’t exactly an easy one, nor was it easy to explain either. “Well,” he started, “I-I can’t really–”

“Where is he?!” a voice shouted as the door slammed open. A frazzled looking blonde boy rushed inside. “I know he went in this direction, now where did he go?”

“…who?” Dongwoo asked, glancing around.

Niel sighed from the corner. “Why are you here, L.Joe?”

“Chunji went this way, didn’t he? People told me he did!” L.Joe exclaimed, searching the room with his eyes. “Now where is he? You’re here, Niel, so he must be here, too!”

“Haven’t you screwed up enough already?” Niel asked with a bite in his words. “Get out, L.Joe – Chunji’s in an appointment.”

“Appointment? With who?!” the blonde exclaimed. Only then did he take a second to actually look at where he was. “Oh, this is the Love Hospital, isn’t it?”

“Sure is! Chunji’s talking with Sungyeol,” Myungsoo helpfully added, “so it might be best if you come back later.”

“I don’t have time to come back later!” he exclaimed, seemingly in panic. “I need to explain that kiss to him!”

Suddenly, Sungyeol’s door opened and the two exited. Chunji froze in shock upon seeing L.Joe  and turned a flustered red.

“W-What are you doing here?!” he exclaimed.

L.Joe seemed to make an attempt to run up and hug him, but Chunji reacted by running back into Sungyeol’s office and locking the door shut.

“Hey!” Sungyeol exclaimed, knocking the door. “You can’t just lock yourself in my office!”

“But L.Joe’s out there!” Chunji squeaked.

“And I’m not leaving until I see you!” L.Joe said, banging on the door.

“Stop, don’t damage my door!” Sungyeol nearly screamed, shielding his door.

“I need to see Chunji!” he exclaimed again, ignoring the boy and kept banging parts of the door that Sungyeol didn’t cover. “Open up, Chunji! I’ll explain everything!”

“I saw you kiss her – there’s nothing to explain!”

“No, there’s a lot more to explain!”

“MY DOOR!” Sungyeol exclaimed, trying to use his body to block L.Joe from banging his door any longer.

But it didn’t stop L.Joe at all.

“Come on, Chunji, I have to tell you the truth!”

“What truth?! That you’re already dating that girl and that you were leading me on for no reason?!”

“No!” L.Joe exclaimed, banging the door once more (to which Sungyeol nearly shrieked at), “I kissed her to make you jealous!”

The whole room silenced in shock at L.Joe’s sudden confession. Dongwoo coughed at the sudden awkwardness while Niel’s eyes bulged so much they looked like they were about to fall out of his head. The door squeaked open quietly, and Sungyeol breathed a sigh a relief to know that L.Joe wasn’t going to bang on his door anymore. The tall boy stepped to the side as Chunji came out shyly.

“…You wanted to make me… jealous?” he repeated quietly.

L.Joe panted, out of breath from using so much of his energy to beat the door. “Yes,” he replied. “Chunji, I’m not sure if you can tell, but I really like you! And I thought that if I kissed a girl, y-you’d get jealous and confess to me and… stuff,” he said bashfully. “I honestly didn’t think you would run crying! I thought you’d get mad and just hit me! I-I told Changjo to not let you leave, but–”

Chunji pouted and punched his chest. “Idiot!” he exclaimed. “You could’ve just told me and none of this would’ve happened.”

“Yeah, but I like seeing you angry…” L.Joe muttered.

Chunji raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

The blonde scratched the back of his head nervously. “It… it turns me on,” he murmured.

Chunji whole face turned bright red as he got extremely flustered. “W-What the hell, L.Joe?!” he exclaimed, embarrassed. He stormed out of the room while L.Joe ran closely behind, yelling about how it was a good thing that he got when Chunji was mad. Niel rolled his eyes and followed, muttering something about two goddamn idiots.

“Well… that escalated quickly, didn’t it?” Hoya asked.

“Quite quickly, indeed,” Dongwoo replied.

“But everything’s fixed now!” Sungyeol exclaimed happily. “That’s all that matters, right? I mean, it wasn’t exactly the most romantic thing I’ve seen, but things worked out okay!”

Everyone seemed to shrug and just nod, agreeing with the energetic choding.

Hoya glanced at the clock. “Aigoo, look at the time. I better head out – see you all later!”

Dongwoo smiled. “I have to get going to – more physical therapy for my arm.”

“Okay, bye guys,” Myungsoo said, waving to the duo.

“Bye Dongwoo-hyung! Bye Hoya!” Sungyeol said, distributing hugs.

The duo left, leaving Sungyeol and Myungsoo alone once again. Things were awkwardly quiet when Sungyeol turned to the ravenette.

“We’re not done talking,” he said firmly.

“Talking? Talking about what?”

“Don’t play dumb with me! I still need to know why you asked me to tutor you in Japanese when you’re already perfect!”

Myungsoo scratched the back of his head. “Well, you see, that’s–”

Suddenly, the door opened again.

“Myungsoo!” IU called out, a look of annoyance on her face. “You forgot you lunch, again, you dummy!” she exclaimed. She froze, noticing Sungyeol. “Oh, hi, Yeol. I’m just here to bring Myung his lunch – he forgot it.”

“That’s fine,” Sungyeol said with a smile. He turned back to Myungsoo. “I demand an explanation! There’s no point in coming to me when you’re already fluent!”

“I-I don’t know, maybe I was confused on a particular subject,” Myungsoo mumbled.

“You told me you were failing the class! And you would mix up your Chinese characters with the Japanese ones! And you just suddenly got better, and nobody just gets better.”

“What are you arguing about this time?” she asked curiously, yet there was a nervous glint in her eyes.

“We were doing homework today and this guy’s Japanese is flawless,” Sungyeol explained.

“So? What’s wrong with that?”

“The problem is that nearly a month ago he came to me asking to be tutored and his Japanese was horrible then. Plus, Dongwoo told me that Myungsoo’s Japanese was always great and that he never needed help at all! What I want to know is why he would ask me for help if he was so great!”

IU seemed to be fidgeting as she held a pale green lunch container decorated with Dooly the Dinosaur. Myungsoo looked extremely nervous and Sungyeol kept staring him down. Suddenly, IU cracked under pressure.

“It was me!” she cried, staring at her feet.

Surprised, Sungyeol glanced at her. “What do you mean?”

“I-I… I told Myungsoo to do it,” she whispered. “I dared him.”

“…Why?” the choding asked.

“We were just playing around and I dared him to trick someone into believing that he in Japanese. I didn’t know it’d be you,” she concluded.

Sungyeol cracked a smile. “It’s okay! That’s all I needed to know!”

IU smiled brightly as she gave him a hug. “Aigoo, Yeol, you’re amazing!”

She left the embrace and handed the box to Myungsoo. “Here, dummy. You forgot the lunch I made for you! I worked so hard on it, too!” she pouted, shoving the green plastic container into his hands.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and took this box. “I get it,” he replied with a certain smile on his face. He ruffled her hair. “Now get out of here – we’re doing homework.”

IU smiled and gave them both hugs before exiting. Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo, who was happily eating the kimbap IU had made. Myungsoo glanced up, offering some to Sungyeol. The choding just rolled his eyes and ate it straight out of the ravenette’s hands, surprising him.

“Y-Yah!” Myungsoo cried, a bit flustered. “What are you, a dog? Eat properly, you stupid beanpole!”

Sungyeol just chuckled with his gummy grin before getting back to the homework. “You could’ve just told me that you were dared to act like you in Japanese, you know. It’s that simple.”

Myungsoo shrugged. “I guess I thought you wouldn’t believe me.”

“Oh… well, on a side note – this kimbap happens to be extremely good.”

Myungsoo smiled. “It is, isn’t it? I personally IU makes the greatest kimbap ever, but I could always be wrong.”

Sungyeol just smiled and continued with his homework. They continued for another few minutes when Myungsoo finished the kimbap and left the room, having the need to wash his hands.

Only then did it hit Sungyeol.

If IU had really dared Myungsoo at that time, they would’ve known each other, right? But around that time was when Myungsoo just started seeing Sungyeol, and he claimed that IU didn’t notice him whatsoever. And from the looks of it, the two were pretty close.

Sungyeol was snapped out of his trance when Myungsoo reentered. They gave each other a brief smile before Myungsoo took his seat next to him. Sungyeol stared at his profile, a million questions running through his mind.

Both of their excuses have got flaws, but who’s the one lying?

 

The next day, Myungsoo sat in his normal seat with a lollipop in his mouth, waiting for Sungyeol to arrive.

Yesterday they had successfully finished their homework, and Sunggyu released them from ‘probation’, as he called it. The rest of the day continued like any other, and both were pleased to hear from Niel that Chunji and L.Joe had gone public. Myungsoo had gone home early since his mother needed him, while Sungyeol decided to stay back and hang out with Sungjong.

So, Myungsoo was utterly confused as to why Sungyeol had stormed into the classroom, fuming mad and glaring at him.

“…Yeol?” he whispered, a bit shocked.

Sungyeol gave him a piercing glare and continued to ignore him. Seungyeon stared at the confusedly, giving Myungsoo a questioning glance. The ravenette shrugged with his eyes wide and confused, since, after all, he had no clue why Sungyeol was behaving this way.

“Did you say anything to him?” Seungyeon whispered across the aisle.

Myungsoo shook his head. “When I left yesterday he waved goodbye with a smile!” he whispered back. “I don’t know why he’s so mad now!”

Sungyeol glanced back at the two, glaring at both of them. He glared especially at Myungsoo, seemingly furious. When he turned around, Seungyeon and Myungsoo heard him mutter something along the lines of ‘good-for-nothing-temptress…’

They both raised an eyebrow at each other. Temptress? Did the choding just call Myungsoo a… temptress?

Myungsoo had never felt so confused in his life. The day past by rather tensely for the two; Myungsoo felt like a lost kitten about to be eaten by a snarling dog. He never thought the Lee Sungyeol could be intimidating, but this day proved him wrong. Even at the Love Hospital, where worked together, Sungyeol seemed to avoid him at all costs, sticking strangely close to Sungjong instead.

When Myungsoo exited his office, Sungyeol shot him a glare and clung to Sungjong’s side.

“Never!” he shouted. “Never again will you break so many hearts!”

Myungsoo blinked. “What? I don’t–”

“You thought you could fool them, didn’t you?! Well, no sir! You’ll never fool them! You'll pay for everything you did to them!”

Myungsoo, who felt like his life was being threatened, backed up slowly into their boss.

“So, why is he mad at you?” Sunggyu asked, having seen everything.

“I don’t know!” Myungsoo replied. “He’s been like this since the beginning of today! I didn’t say anything that got him mad yesterday, so I have no clue why he’s so angry with me! He keeps calling me ‘temptress’ and yelling at me for breaking so many hearts! I haven’t dated since middle school!”

Sunggyu squinted at the choding, who was busy reading something with Sungjong on his computer. Suddenly, something clicked in the elder’s brain as he face-palmed himself.

“My gosh, I thought he promised to stay off that website,” he muttered.

“What website?” Myungsoo asked.

Sunggyu took a deep sigh and turned to him. “Do you know what the Love Club is, Myungsoo?”

“Um… no.”

“Well, to say in bluntly, it’s our own fanclub.”

“The Love Hospital has a fanclub?”

“Yup,” Sunggyu sighed, rubbing his forehead. “And let me tell you – they’re not exactly the kind of fans that… give you space.”

“So, you mean–”

“That our fans practically stalk us? Yes. We’re practically celebrities in our schools next to the kingkas.”

“So… what does this have to do with websites?”

“Well, about a year and a half ago, they made their fan base and named themselves ‘nurses’, cause, you know, we’re doctors and they’re–”

“I get it, Gyu-hyung,” Myungsoo chuckled.

“Well, anyways, they’ve got a pretty large fanbase, but obviously, it only runs in this school. They’ve got a ‘staff’ of nine girls and their fanclub president – Head Nurse Kim Taeyeon – decided to extend their love for us even further.”

“…I still don’t see what this has to do with websites,” he said.

Sunggyu let out a deep sigh as he motioned for Myungsoo to follow him. The ravenette followed him to his office, where he fired up his laptop.

“Hyung, I don’t understand what–”

“Just look at the screen,” Sunggyu hushed, clicking his favorite browser.

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes and stared at the bright screen, watching as Sunggyu typed in ‘loveclub.com’ into the URL. It took a few seconds to load, but when it did, Myungsoo’s eyes nearly popped out from the pink overload.

“Holy fudge…” Myungsoo gasped, his eyes wide.

“They have their own website?!” he exclaimed, so surprised.

“They do,” Sunggyu sighed. “And our fans are pretty clingy, I’ll tell you that.” He waved his mouse over the photos section. “They stalk us and take pictures, Myungsoo. These aren’t just some high school fangirls – this is a full blown fan base.”

Myungsoo shook his head. “Wow… I never thought I’d see the day where I’d have fans. But… what does this have to do with Sungyeol being mad at me?”

Sunggyu sighed again, just looking at the website took the energy right out of him. He waved his mouse over another icon.

“Fanfictions?” Myungsoo read. “But I thought girls only did that with boy bands! Not some love hospital in their high school.”

“Girls are crazy,” Sunggyu said. “They’ll write anything and everything to reassure themselves that their ‘lovely oppas’ are what they want them to be. Plus, they’d rather see us date each other than another girl.”

“…They’re crazy,” Myungsoo breathed.

“Tell me about it. Sungyeol and Sungjong love this website though. They like seeing what goes through the fans’ minds. So, obviously, they read the fanfiction about us. Sungjong just reads it, but Sungyeol applies to real life, so he’s probably mad at you for something he read in a fan’s story.”

“Why are they writing about me?” Myungsoo demanded. “I’m the newest addition!”

“That’s exactly why they’re writing about you,” Sunggyu explained. “You’re new and no one knows what you’re really like, so they make up personalities in order to seem closer to you – in their minds anyway. Sungjong has been telling me that you’ve taken on the playboy image in a lot of their stories.”

Myungsoo shook his head. “And Sungyeol is mad at me over something that he read? That’s just insane.”

The older boy shrugged. “Tell it to him, not me.”

 

“I can’t believe him!” Sungyeol exclaimed as he and Sungjong were reading together.  “How dare he, honestly?!”

“Yeol-hyung, it’s fiction, remember?”

“I know, but just look at his character!” Sungyeol yelled, pointing accusing fingers at the screen. “He’s dating four girls at once and then he just kissed another! Why would he do that?!”

“He wouldn’t,” Sungjong chuckled, reassuring his hyung. “Don’t get too worked up over it. You’re scaring him.”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “It’s a phase, Jongie, it’ll pass.”

The younger laughed. “You’re weird, hyung! Just make sure to forgive his character soon, otherwise this week-end will be awkard!”

“Week-end? What’s happening in the week-end?”

“Gyu-hyung’s wants us to get together at Woohyun’s house for team bonding time. I don’t see why, but there’s free food, so I’m going to be there.”

“Oh. Team bonding? When was the last time we did that?”

“I don’t know, like, a year ago?”

“Hm… okay then.” Suddenly, the choding’s watch beeped and he glanced at it. “Ah, I have to go now! My mom’s out of town this week, so I have to pick up Daeyeol from swim practice.”

“Say hi to the kid for me!” Sungjong yelled as Sungyeol picked up his bag and left.

Sungyeol stopped by his locker on the way out, dialing the lock as quickly as he could. He opened the metal door to reveal what was inside.

Another note.

He blinked at it. When was the last time his admirer had sent him something? He opened up the folded paper carefully, reading its contents.

Sungyeol, I know you have no clue who I am, but I really, really like you. A lot. I know it sounds crazy, since you haven’t seen me, but I want you to know how much I like you. I think you’re really cute, and I hope we can meet so I can confess to you face to face. But until then, I’ll send you these.

Oh – I almost forgot the main reason I sent this note. I wanted to tell you something –

Keep away from Kim Myungsoo, okay?

You’re mine.


A/N; ... well, alrighty then! Are you confused, yet? With IU's sudden confession, and Yeol realizing that the facts just DON'T. ADD. UP. Yep, I gave them a fanclub with SNSD's Taeyeon as their fanclub leader. The reason this chapter took so long was mostly because of that gosh-darn webpage edit/picture thing. I had fun making it, it just took a while.

Yes, their fans make fanfictions.

Yes, Sungjong and Sungyeol read them.

Yes, Sunggyu thinks the fanclub is troublesome.

No, the note was not from Myungsoo.

BUT I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHO THEY'RE FROM!!! BWAHUAHUA!

image

Obviously, Yeol's admirer's a bit... possessive [?] I might say. Hell, (s)he might not even have been introduced yet. HA! I love confusing my subbies~!

Omg, ChunJoe in the beginning, guys. Chun--freaking--Joe! Did I ever tell you guys how much of an Angel, I am? I love Teen Top, like, seriously. I've seen TeenFinite, but I'm not much of a fan of that because... i dunno, couples should stay in their band XD I've read MyungJoe before. The only problem I have with it, really, is that I see them both as the dominant one in relationships [like myungyeol & chunjoe] I just... I can't see Myung or L.Joe being the bottom... I actually think its hilarious, cuz L and L.Joe? LOL NAMES! Then to me, they're both the top in the relationship and they're both a bit quieter than the rest. And then there's Chunji and Yeol who I also think is funny because they're both taller than the other and older. LOL CONNECTIONS~!!! anyways, yeah,ChunJoe and MyungYeol are my top ships, guys. Like... really.

http://static.tumblr.com/r3psadv/NKHm938d2/chunjoe.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pz9iClaL1rxssy8o1_r1_500.gif

Gaise, this is random but... did you guys know that the author NeverlandParadise is subscribed to my story and has commented, like, twice?!

image

I am such a huge fan of her works I'm like... DYING! I didn't notice until I checked around my subscribers and I found her. SHE EVEN UPVOTED!!! OH MA GAH CAN I DIE IN A PUDDLE OF GOOEY FEELS?!

image

Oh, and I don't know if you've caught on yet, but you know the April Fools' Chap? Yeah, the one where Sungyeol dies and all that stuff -- obviously, I'm not making Myungsoo confess in three chapters anymore so... don't expect that xD!!! But, actually the next chapter may be pretty important. I'm thinking about explaining some details of Myungsoo's past. OOOOOH!

image

ANWYAYS! That's enough ranting from me~!!! xD Stay tuned, because you won't regret it~! ^^ [lol tumblr's been influencing me ~! xD]

QUINNIE -- OUT!

image