A Bit Sick

Sungyeol the Stupid Love Doctor

Sungyeol sighed as he entered his office, looking at Myungsoo. The ravenette just sat on the chair, waiting.

“Well, what do you want do?” Sungyeol asked, too tired to be irritated.

“Apparently, I’m supposed to watch whatever experience you have to train to be a love doctor. Why did I agree to this, again?”

“I don’t really know,” Sungyeol replied with a shrug. “I think Sunggyu is just really desperate.”

“He must be if he’s hiring me,” Myungsoo agreed.

“That’s a good point,” the choding said. “Now, you might want to sit somewhere behind me, because the appointments are going to start soon.”

“Okay,” Myungsoo agreed, taking a spot on the stool near Sungyeol’s desk.

As if on cue, Sungjong popped his head in the door. He glared at Myungsoo, but gave Sungyeol a sunny grin.

“Yeollie-hyung! Your first appointment’s here!”

“Send them in, Jongie,” he said, smiling back.

The door opened seconds later, and Sungyeol put on a brilliant smile. A girl with dyed brown hair walked into the room.

“Hi, Sungyeollie~!” she sang happily.

“Ah, Na-Eunnie! Take a seat!”

A girl with light brown hair and a pretty smile took a seat on the chair in front of Sungyeol. Sungyeol smiled at Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo, this is my cousin – Na Eun. Na Eun this is… this is Myungsoo,” he said, deadpanning.

Na Eun glanced him over and a spark of interest flashed across her eyes. However, Sungyeol recognized this as a curious and excited interest, not a romantic one.

He raised an eyebrow at her. She blinked and glanced back at him, a mischievous grin stretching across her face.

Sungyeol mentally groaned as he turned towards Myungsoo.

“Um, Myungsoo,” he started, “I think you should step out for this meeting.”

The boy just shrugged and exited coolly, not uttering a word. Na Eun turned back to Sungyeol, a curious glint in her eyes.

“Is he gay?”

“What?! Na Eun, why is that the first thing you ask me about him?!”

“Because the two of you would make the cutest couple ever!” she cooed, a dreamy look in her eyes.

“NO!” he said instantly. “Never, in a million years would I ever glance at Kim Myungsoo in a romantic way!”

She pouted. “But why not?! I’ve been shipping you two since the beginning of freshman year!”

His jaw dropped. “What?! Why?!”

She winked. “He looks cute, and you’re cute, and you know how much I love cute things, so getting the two of you together is one of my many fantasies!” she giggled.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Is that the only thing you wanted to tell me, Na Eun – that you want me and Myungsoo to go out?”

She shook her head. “Nope! I wanted to talk to you about my new boyfriend!”

He sighed gratefully, “Oh good – you’re not here to just spazz over Myungsoo.”

She winked. “I’ll save that for another time, Yeollie~!”

 

At the end of the day, Myungsoo had seen all of his visits, excluding Na Eun’s, and had silently watched them all. Strangely, he sat in a reserved silence as he studied all of the visits carefully.

Actually, Sungyeol wasn’t really as bad as he thought. He had a nice smile that would light up his eyes whenever the patient told him something cute.  He also had a very sympathetic face when told something heart-wrenching. And Myungsoo’s personal favorite was his big, gummy grin and the way his eyes formed crescents when he was really happy.

So, all in all, Myungsoo thought he was a pretty good actor.

“Actor?” Sungyeol asked when he told him. “I’m not acting, Kim Myungsoo, I actually have emotions, you know.”

“I would have never guessed,” he replied sarcastically.

Sungyeol’s face scrunched up into one of his infamous pouts as he organized the papers on his desk.

“Well, I guess we need to start your appointment now,” Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo shrugged, on a lollipop as he sat on the seat in front of Sungyeol.

“Well, I’m not really sure if I should slip a note in her locker today, because she might get suspicious, so–”

“ACHOO!” Sungyeol interrupted violently, almost banging his head on his desk. He sniffed and wiped his nose with a tissue. “Ugh, sorry about that. Continue,” he said, gesturing with his hands.

“…What was that?” Myungsoo asked, a look of utter disbelief on his face. “Did you just sneeze?”

Sungyeol glanced around. “Um, yeah – what’s wrong with tha-a-a… Achoo!” he sneezed again, this time actually banging his head on the desk. “Ow…” he whined.

Myungsoo blinked. “What the heck, Sungyeol!? Did you just randomly get allergies or something?”

Sungyeol shrugged. “My nose was running for the past two hours,” he groaned. “Don’t you think it’s cold in here?” he asked, randomly shivering.

Myungsoo shook his head as he leaned forward. “No way… Sungyeol are you getting sick?”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened. “What?! I can’t get sick! My grades might drop if I stay home and I ca-a-a-… ACHOO!” he shouted loudly.

Myungsoo winced. “Sungyeol, I think you might be getting sick.”

He sniffed again. “How could I be getting sick?!”

Myungsoo thought for a little bit. “Well, the air-conditioning is still on, even though it’s pretty cold outside. It might be because of that!”

Sungyeol nodded. “That could be it. I’ve been feeling pretty cold for the past few hours. But I don’t understand how being a little chilly can make me sick!”

Myungsoo thought and thought some more, and then it struck him.

“Uh, Sungyeol, do you get sick easily when exposed to germs?”

Sungyeol blinked. “I do, actually. But I can’t remember the last time I was exposed to germs–… oh, great,” he groaned, coming into realization.

Myungsoo held his hands up in surrender. “Hey, spitting water all over the back of your head this morning was an accident!” he retorted.

“Why did you spit it on me, anyways?! Thanks to you, I’m probably going to get sick!”

Myungsoo sighed heavily as he scratched the back of his head. “Well… Hoya thought that you were, um… dating Sungjong,” he said, spitting out the ending rather quickly.

Sungyeol’s eyes widened again. “What?! No, I wouldn’t date Sungjong! Well… maybe if I liked him, but I don’t like him like that!”

Myungsoo shrugged. “Yeah, whatever.” He eyed the love doctor curiously. “Don’t you… like Hoya?”

“What?! I-I… NO! I absolutely do not like Hoya one bit! I-I just want to get along with him and become friends!”

The ravenette rolled his dark eyes. “Yeah, okay, sure. I’m not stupid, Yeol. I’m a love doctor, too, now, and I can definitely tell that you want to be more than just friends.”

Sungyeol’s jaw dropped. “Did you just call me… ‘Yeol’?”

“Why yes, yes I did,” he replied nonchalantly. “Is there a problem with that?”

“Um, there is a problem, Myungsoo,” Sungyeol huffed. “You can’t use my nickname! Only people I’m close to can use it!”

“Well, I’ve been closer to you for these past days, and for the record, we’re going to be spending quite a lot of time in the future, so you might as well get used to it.”

Sungyeol scrunched his nose. “Then I get to give you a nickname!” he reasoned.

Myungsoo’s jaw dropped. “What? No, you can’t do that! Nicknames don’t suit me!”

“Soo-Soo!” Sungyeol said excitedly, ignoring Myungsoo’s outburst.

“Hey, aren’t you listening?! I said that you couldn’t give me a nickname!” he cried.

“Oh, no, I’ll call you kitty!” Sungyeol squealed again.

Myungsoo scoffed and looked at him in disbelief. “Are you joking right now, Yeol?”

Sungyeol let out a gasp. “I know! I’ll call you Myung! That’s good! I like My-u-u… Achoo!” he sneezed.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “I’d rather you call me something else.”

Sungyeol shook his head. “My decision has been made. If you call me Yeol, I can call you Myung.”

“That’s stupid. You’re stupid.”

Sungyeol shrugged. “Whatever – I think the nicknames are fun, though. I’ve always wa-a-a-… ACHOO!” he sneezed violently, banging his forehead on his desk again. “Ow,” he muttered, rubbing the forming bruise on his head

Myungsoo scoffed. “Yeol, I’m pretty sure you’re sick. You should go home.”

“And skip your appointment?” he asked, sniffling. “Don’t you want Ji-Eun to like you?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Yeol, you’re comparing your health and my meaningless crush. Go home – I mean it. I can talk to Sunggyu or something.”

“Are you sure?”

He leaned back in his chair and nodded. “Yeol, if you don’t come to school tomorrow, who am I supposed to annoy the hell out of?”

Sungyeol’s facial expression darkened as he glared at Myungsoo.

“I’m leaving,” he said flatly, grabbing his bag.

Myungsoo smirked, looking at his pathetic retreating figure.

“Get better!” he called.

“Shut up,” Sungyeol replied gruffly as he exited.

As he exited, he sneezed again, sparking interest in Sunggyu and Sungjong.

“Are you okay, hyung?” Sungjong asked with worry laced in his voice.

“I think I got sick today,” he said, his voice thick and heavy.

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “And you’re just leaving Myungsoo?”

“Oh, yeah,” he added, “I wanted to tell you that Myungsoo says he’ll speak with you instead, Gyu,” Sungyeol said.

Sunggyu eyes widened a tiny bit –  well, it seemed that way to Sungyeol.

“What?” he asked. “But right now is my free hour!”

Sungjong intruded, “Gyu-hyung, just take Myungsoo so that Yeol-hyung can go home. He needs to get better.”

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes to slits and muttered something about ‘no appreciation’ as he stalked off to his office. Myungsoo came out of Sungyeol’s office, and Sungyeol pointed him to Sunggyu’s office. Surprisingly, he obeyed quite easily and sauntered off into the room, shutting the door behind him.

Sungjong raised a surprised eyebrow at Sungyeol, and asked, “How’d you tame the beast?”

Sungyeol shrugged. “I think he’s only listening because I’m sick. He’s the one who got me sick, anyways.”

“How?”

“Uh, in homeroom this morning, he spat water all over the back of my head, and you know how terrible my immune system is when it comes to germs,” he explained.

“Did he do it on purpose?”

“No, he was just surprised by something Hoya told him,” he said.

At that moment, Myungsoo poked his head out the door and called out to Sungyeol.

“Hey, Yeol,” he said, mockingly. “Make sure you stay warm, arasso? I don’t want to see you come to school sick tomorrow!”

“Okay, okay!” Sungyeol replied.

Myungsoo shot him his signature smirk and closed the door, returning to his appointment with Sunggyu.

 “Aish, that kid,” Sungyeol muttered.

Sungjong squinted at him. “Hyung, do you hate Myungsoo?”

Sungyeol thought for a second. “I may take a disliking towards him, but that’s not strong enough for hate. Hate is a pretty strong word. No, I don’t hate him.”

“Then… are you friends?”

Sungyeol stopped halfway out the door and paused. He turned around with a glint in his eye and said, “I’d prefer to call us ‘acquaintances’,” he chuckled.

Sungjong giggled, placing his headphones back in his ears. “See you tomorrow, hyung! Get well soon!”

 

The next day, Sungyeol still managed to arrive at school. However, Myungsoo noticed, that he was really sick – more sick than he was yesterday, if that were possible.

His eyes were bloodshot, like he didn’t get any sleep, and there were bags under his eyes. The tip of his nose was a warm pink, and he wore a scarf to school. If anything, he looked like he was on the verge of death.

“Yah, Lee Sungyeol,” Myungsoo said irritably as he approached him. “Didn’t I tell you to stay warm?”

He sniffled. “I tried to, I really did. But my brother, Daeyeol, decided to turn the air conditioning on in the middle of the night. And, to top it all off, I kick in my sleep, so I ended up kicking my blanket off.”

Myungsoo shook his head. “Why didn’t you stay home?! You shouldn’t have come to school if you’re sick!”

Sungyeol stubbornly shook his head. “No, I had to come to school today. I don’t want to have any absent work.”

Myungsoo smacked his shoulder softly. “You shouldn’t have come,” he grumbled again. “You might get even sicker than you already are.”

Sungyeol waved the thought away with his hand. “I’ll be fine, today,” he assured.

Myungsoo hesitantly agreed, and they both walked to their homeroom class together. There, Sungyeol was bombarded with questions from Seungyeon, who was almost immediately attached to him.

“Oppa, did you get sick? How did you get sick? Why did you come to school if you were sick?” she asked, a motherly aura around her as she pointed an accusing finger at the choding.

“I don’t want to miss any school work!” he defended, looking grumpy and defeated.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and turned to Seungyeon. “That’s the exact same thing he told me,” he said.

Seungyeon raised an eyebrow. “Really? Well, that’s a dumb excuse.”

“It is, isn’t it?” Myungsoo agreed quickly. “I told him that he should’ve stayed home.”

Sungyeol groaned, planting his warm cheeks onto the desk’s cold wood-grain plastic. He sniffed again, thoroughly ignoring the conversation that Myungsoo had started with Seungyeon.

Then a hand clamped onto his shoulder.

“ACK!” he cried in surprise.

“Whoa, calm down, Sungyeol. It’s just me.”

Sungyeol turned around – it was Hoya. His face turned red, but it was unnoticeable, since most of his face was pink from being sick.

“Hi, Hoya,” he greeted.

Hoya chuckled. “You don’t sound so well today. Shouldn’t you stay home if you were sick?” he asked, a bit of worry laced in his voice.

Sungyeol sighed, “I didn’t want to miss anything in school. I ca-a-a-… achoo!” he sneezed.

He turned his face away so that he wouldn’t sneeze on Hoya, but from doing so, he ended up sneezing on Myungsoo.

“Yah, Yeol!” he cried in annoyance, leaving the space he was occupying immediately.

“Sorry, Myung,” he answered thickly, wiping his nose with a tissue.

Hoya chuckled, ruffling Sungyeol’s hair. “You’re kind of cute,” he commented, winking.

Sungyeol’s heart was beating like a big brass drum. From that one comment, he had the urge to puke a rainbow and have a unicorn fart glitter and poop candy all over him.

“T-Thanks,” he mumbled shyly, looking away.

Hoya laughed again and patted his head. “Get better, Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol swore that he was on the verge of fainting from pure happiness.

Then the bell rang.

 

Myungsoo sat at his desk, in a rather angry mood. The way Sungyeol stared at Hoya in complete awe earlier had made him completely annoyed. No one could look at someone with that much affection in their eyes, could they?!

Myungsoo pressed his pencil into his piece of paper even harder, digging into the desk. He thought about Hoya’s gleaming face, and the way he patted Sungyeol’s hair.

There was just something about it all that he disliked. And it wasn’t just a tiny speck of dislike; it was like having an endless pit of hate.

To take his mind off of things, he thought about the conversation he had with Sunggyu the other day. Sunggyu had been a very wise counselor, but Myungsoo wasn’t very surprised. Unlike Sungyeol, Sunggyu was calmer and more mature while Sungyeol was a bit more lighthearted and encouraging. He had told Sunggyu all about his plans to get his crush to like him, and Sunggyu was surprised at how well it was developed.

He even remembered the conversation…

“–and I really hope they end up liking me, because I really like them back,” Myungsoo admitted sheepishly.

“I see,” Sunggyu replied, writing down a few notes. “So, has your plan been working so far?”

“I’m not sure,” he said. “I still feel somewhat invisible to them, as if I’m not important in their eyes.”

“Myungsoo,” Sunggyu said, “I hope you realize that you can’t just confess through notes. You’ll have to give your pride a rest one day and just confess.”

“I know, but I’m not sure if I could do that now. I need to make myself known, first.”

Sunggyu smiled, his eyes forming crescents. “What do you need me for, kid? You could practically solve your own problems. Heck, you could just open your own love counseling department!”

Myungsoo grinned. “Well, Sunggyu-hyung, I do believe I’d be robbing your job if I did that.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he looked over his notes. “So, Myungsoo, I believe that you can handle most of this, yes? And you’re going to Sungyeol only for the advice on your ideas?”

“Exactly,” he replied.

Sunggyu smiled and leaned back. “Then I think your plan is sure to work.”

“KIM MYUNGSOO!” the instructor’s harsh voice barked.

“Wha-…?” he murmured groggily.

The teacher groaned. “I think you’d like to join the rest of the class for lunch, wouldn’t you?”

Myungsoo looked around; the classroom was empty aside from him. He glanced at the clock. 12:38. Was it lunchtime already? He must have fallen asleep.

He wiped the drool from his chin and said, “I’m sorry, seongsengnim.”

“Whatever, just get out,” he huffed.

Myungsoo dashed away hurriedly, hoping that he would still be able to grab some lunch.

“Yah, there’s Myungsoo!” Sunggyu piped up as Myungsoo approached their table.

“What took you so long?” Woohyun asked, fiddling with Sunggyu’s honey-brown hair.

“I, uh, fell asleep in class,” he said.

Sungyeol patted him on the back. “You looked really tired, so I didn’t wake you up.”

Myungsoo scowled at him, plopping down in the seat next to him. “You look tired, Yeol,” he commented flatly, “Are you still sick?”

“Hm? Oh, yeah, I am. I just didn’t thi-i-i-… ACHOO!” he sneezed violently.

“Aigoo, Yeol!” a light voice from behind them cried in surprise.

Sungyeol turned around and IU patted his cheek. “You should’ve stayed home, you idiot,” she joked playfully. Get better!” she called as she walked away with Hyosung.

“–and I don’t see why you should have come to school.”

It was the end of the day, and since Sungyeol was sick, he was excused from working at the Love Hospital.  Since Myungsoo hadn't been put into action as a love doctor yet, he followed Sungyeol and lectured him the whole way about health.

“And,” he added, “you should’ve at least worn two more layers! Look at you – in your condition, you might as well freeze to death!”

“Aish, I get it,” Sungyeol muttered as he dialed his combination.

He gasped when he saw another note inside along with a thermos.

“Look!” he cried delightedly, “Look, Myung!” he cried. “I got another note! Isn’t this exciting?!”

Myungsoo yelled, “Yah! Were you even listening to what I was telling you?! What if you catch something like pneumonia and die? Huh?! Did you even think of something like that?!”

Sungyeol mentally squealed in joy as he opened the neatly folded scrap of paper. His smile faltered a little bit as he read it.

“Well this is… different,” he concluded.

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. “Hm? Why? What does it say?”

He pried the note from Sungyeol’s fingers and read it.

My dear Sungyeollie~

I saw that you were sick today at lunch! Oh no! You shouldn’t be sick! It ruins your beautiful face~! Aigoo, get well soon, okay? I made you some soup in the thermos! I made it at lunch, while you were eating! You deserve to eat something warm and healthy! I love, love, love you forever~!

P.S. – I think your sneeze is adorable~!

Myungsoo nearly tore it to shreds right there.

“What is this?!” he yelled, on the peak of rage, “Why would someone fill it with such sweet fluff?! Oh, my gosh, I think it might even give me cavities! Why would they do this?! Who would think of such a lame and dumb note?! They even wrote it in pink!” he cried.

Sungyeol chuckled at his reaction. “Myung, it’s fine. No worries, it’s just some love struck girl.”

Myungsoo grumbled as he reached into Sungyeol’s locker and pulled out the soup thermos.

“And the soup is cold, too!” he nearly screamed. “How do they expect someone to get better if they give them cold soup?!”

Sungyeol chuckled. “You’re in a bad mood today, aren’t you? It’s okay, Myung, I can just heat it up and eat it at home.”

Myungsoo looked at him fiercely. “No!” he spat. “You don’t deserve to eat such bad quality food!” In a split second, he grabbed Sungyeol’s hand and dragged him away.

“Myung? What are you doing?!” Sungyeol asked, sniffing heavily.

“I’m taking you to my house!” Myungsoo replied, still angry.

“What for?!”

“I’m going to make you soup, and shove it down your throat if it’s necessary,” he spat.

“Why?!”

“I’m the reason you got sick in the first place, so you’re going to eat the soup I’m going to make you, and you’re going to like it!”

Sungyeol gulped.

It was his first time being dragged to be forced to eat soup.


A/N: A-Yoo~!!! lol, I'm BACK!! Sorry to keep you waiting >.< I've got a few other stories right now, and it's hard to keep them all up to date. TT~TT ANYWAYS - DID YOU LIKIES~!? 8D I hope you did!!! <3 I really wanted get this chappie up because I thought it was adorbs!! omg, yeol got sick and myung's forcing him to eat soup.

yeol: NO! YOU CAN'T LET ME EAT HIS SOUP! WHAT IF HE POISONS IT?!

myung: i'd be glad to actually.

me: if you don't shut up, i'll run you both over with a car and make sure you two don't live through it.

myungyeol: ... :(

ANYWAYS! I thought it wasn't fair that I advertised so abruptly last chappie and decided that i should give a quick explanation.

 

BASICALLY - you apply as any studeny you want and your parents are an OTP from the kpop world! The main point of the story is to show teenagers' difficulty as they get through high school and puberty all at the same time xD You can apply as a guy or girl and the otps are , yuri, hetero, or even a single parent xD !!! (myungyeol are my parents and my name is kim jae sun) 

p.s. - yadong couple doesn't have a kid yet xDDDDD

You guys should be the best subscribers on earth and go apply! WE NEED MORE TESTSTORESTONE (omg wtf)  in that fic!!!

Lol, Kay, bye!~

Belonging to One Another

QUINNIE - OUT >8D

(lol, im such a loser)