Pain, Go Away

Bridge To His Heart

           

 

                                                 

                                                                                                             Image result for pain go away

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

I woke up with disoriented mind and with a headache. Looks like I’ve been sleeping for almost a day. I remembered an IV fluid connected to my hand, and so my eyes weakly check if it’s there and it’s already been removed. But when?

 

Somehow I feel better inside after all the cries and scream yesterday and with just a little pain on my temporal. What time is it anyway? My gaze went to hunt for a clock but found none. Then I tried to find my phone for I know I brought it with me.

 

I found it on a white dresser at the corner. I sat up and felt how weak I am right now. My back aches plus the pain in my head equals discomfort. Still I need to know what time is it. I stand up with a weak knees and tried to grab things just to support my weight in order for me not to fall.

 

 

I can’t let Jiyong get worried more. He’s been taking care of me even if God knows how many times I pushed him away, yelled at him to go away, hit him when I couldn’t bare the pain anymore, but he stayed with me and ease the pain away.

 

It’s already midnight at 1:16am as said by my phone’s clock. I pouted. Now I’m hungry and maybe Jiyong’s already sleeping.

 

Where are we anyway? Where is he? I felt scared thinking he isn’t here. I took a step towards the door and heard a faint sound, a beautiful music coming from a piano. Is it Jiyong? I remember him as a really good pianist back when we were in high school.

 

I follow the sound, where it came, taking a slow step forward. Somehow the pain’s going away. I just need to use my muscle for I haven’t used it for almost 24 hours.

 

My mouth formed an ‘O’ after I was able to ascertain how the place gives a lively environment. The place is beautiful. Indoor plants are everywhere. And the place is surrounded with glass as its wall.  I can even tell that there’s a small pool outside with solar lights pinned on the side of the trail towards it. But there’s only a spacious living room and behind it lies a pool table with its gear installed on the wall. At the corner has two work machines for exercise.

 

I found another room behind where I’m staying and was about to knock even though I know that the sound isn’t from here. But stopped after thinking I shouldn’t bother him and just hunt my food at the kitchen.

 

But where is the kitchen?

 

My eyes gazed for the stairs. Maybe the Kitchen’s on the 2nd floor. With a tight grip on its baluster and bare feet on the carpeted casing, I went up and the music is getting louder.

 

Finally I saw him. He is the one playing the beautiful all white mini grand piano on a small stage with red carpeted floor near the dining area. Even though I’m hungry and needs to feed my angry stomach, I went towards him, even passing the kitchen where the food needs attention.

 

Our eyes lock and he smiled, that oh so lovely smile that took my pain away. He was already at the end part of the song piece which he ended which he ended so beautifully that made me close my eyes.

 

“I bet you’re hungry” Finally he speak. His voice made my heart pound that makes me feel alive and energized.

 

I nod my head and gave him a weak smile that he deserve. I must thank him for feeling better. But there’s still the fact that every time I’m not thinking about Jiyong, the image of my son appears.

 

He helped me sit on a swivel barstool of his 3 seater kitchen counter table. After I thanked him, he then gave me a glass of water and instruct me to drink all its content first.

 

He started preparing what he needs and looks like he is going to cook, not just microwave a pack or instant food but instead his preparing for a homemade dinner or rather an early morning breakfast. I don’t know why but I let him do all the work while I starve, but patience is my virtue of course, good thing it’s fun watching him get serious on what he is doing at the moment so I’m not going to starve to death.

 

With swift move, he served me a mushroom soup with 2 toasted bread as appetizer while he is still frying a steak and ask me to eat it while the soup is hot.

 

“Hmmn” I hummed after tasting it and my eyes twinkled because he made it delicious.

 

“Eat well Dee” –plus his voice makes it more perfect.

 

Not long he served the main course, he gave me a bowl of rice with few side dishes followed and of course the steak. I ate to my heart’s content. Didn’t even realize that he already wiped clean all the messes on his kitchen and made few dish washings. Now it’s clean again, free from the annoying germs and bacteria.

 

He sat beside me and gave me a never ending smile while staring at me and everything I do, even though I’m only eating.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat with me?” I asked and it’s funny how my voice a little weak and cracked and that’s due to the yelling that I did.

 

“I already ate, don’t mind me” he tucked the loose and messy hair behind my ears and that made me glance at him. I fed him steak, an act of thanking him and he accept it and chews it while making noises of ‘yum yum yum’. I giggled.

 

*****

 

After my too early morning breakfast, he played the piano again and now there’s me as the audience and as his number one fan and will always be.

 

When he finished performing, he went to sit with me and out of the blue, he reached for my left hand, interlock his finger and brought it to his lips for a peck. I just let him.

 

“Dara” He whispered my name as if it’s a prayer. Before I respond, he continued. “What do you want me to do? Please tell me”.

 

We stared at each other and I know why he asked that. I’m not that insensitive to set aside his feelings. He love me, I know that already and he even promise that he will stay with me even if I would push him away. That promise he made means a lot to me too. I did not even realize the fact that his presence will always be enough for me to ease my doubts and pain even though he played a big role as to why I’m hurt.

 

I know that he saw me staring at nowhere from time to time, deep in thoughts, the past that hunts my memories flashes at times, and the son whom I missed so much, keeps my mind busy. I know that he tries his best to get my attention. He would talk to me and asked me questions that will remove me from the impending darkness. I thank him for that.

 

“I don’t know Ji, I really don’t” I respond softly. True. I really don’t know.

 

“Please” he begged.

 

I looked the other way and avoided his beautiful brown eyes and just lean my head on his waiting shoulder. I felt him kissed my forehead that made me close my eyes and felt him tighten his grip on my hand and yet gentle.

 

“I know it bothers you seeing me like this. It’s just that this one went a little extreme. I used to having only Minho and myself to deal with my great sorrow whenever this sadness come every year after he died. I also push away Minho just like what I did to you too. I don’t want people to pity me because of my life’s experiences. As much as possible I want to deal with my pain alone. I have to teach myself that I need to do this alone”.

 

“Then will you share it with me from now on?”

 

“I don’t want to hurt you by seeing me hurting”.

 

“Then punish me for I caused you nothing but pain by sharing it with me and learn that it is easy to solve a puzzle when there’s two of you who’s solving it. It’s about time that you accept me who offers a helping hand. I don’t pity you Dara, but it’s a sympathy towards my best friend who I caused pain. It sounds as if I’m staying out of guilt. I’m guilty yes, but I want to be there when it’s too hard on you. That is what friends are for”.

 

He released his hold on my hand but got replaced by his other hand, and the other went to my shoulder, pulling me closer to him and received another peck on my forehead.

 

“I’m scared Ji, I’m scared that I might get greedy again until I turned and become dependent once more. If it happens again, I might lose the way out”.

 

“I understand your worries Dee. Let’s just do our best to stop it if it’s going to happen but we already learned from our mistake. It won’t happen again I’m sure of it, so let me in Dara. I’m knocking on your door once again and I am not going anywhere. I will stay until the day you will let me inside”.

 

I run out of words to say after I heard him. Is it about time I let him inside once again? Both of us are hurting when we’re apart that’s why I will let him take another step on the bridge to my heart. I know the answer now

 

“I will wait until you open up to me. Just don’t push me away and just tell me what to do” he whispered with full of emotions and promises.

 

I lift my other hand and brought it to his waist, embracing him. He is the only one who eases my pain. He’s the one who makes me feel alive anyway.

 

I close my eyes once more but with a smile on my lips before I drift to sleep free from the nightmares of the past and whispered….

 

……. “Then stay”.

 

________________________________________________________________

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

“Good morning sleepy head. Come, I want to show you something”. I greeted.

 

“Hmmn” she groaned while squeezing her eyes.

 

“Close your eyes for a bit. No peeking” I instructed and smiled when she did what she’s told.

 

I ushered her outside her room, holding both of her hands with mine. I opened the door to the balcony. We pass the pool area and went further ahead until we reached our destination.

 

“You can open your eyes now” I said while facing her, blocking the view first and after she blinked, I gave her a smile. ”Ready?” I asked and saw how eager she is to know what this is all about.

 

I moved to her left and let her have a good look at the scenery and beauty of this villa I bought.

 

“Oh My God. This is heaven” she squealed and embraced the beauty of the place while my eyes is only looking at her. Her long hair danced with the sea breeze, wind that kisses her skin, and a smile plastered on her lips, made me so happy.

 

“You liked it?” I asked but I already know her answer.

 

“No, but rather I love it. The ocean is sparkling, the birds are whistling in tune. Is this villa yours?”

 

“Yes, it cost me a lot but it’s worth it. Anyway I’m glad you like it. Feel free to tell me if you want to go here again” I said.

 

“Well thanks Ji. Can I go down and go to the beach?” she asked with eyes twinkling as she plead.

 

“Sure but after we have breakfast. Let’s eat first, it’s ready anyway”

 

We walk back inside the house hand in hand and ate together.  I am almost pulling her inside the house for she is still mesmerized by the view. While we are in the middle of consuming all the food on the table, I asked her “Let’s have some fun later. I know a place near here. Let’s go there. What do you think?”

 

I saw the way she peered at me. “I thought you’re driving me home. I’ve been taking a lot of your time. This isn’t necessary, I am fine now. Beside, don’t you have a meeting or whatever to do?” While asking me, I smiled after seeing her a little sad so I knew she doesn’t want to go back yet. I’m not planning to go home either.

 

I reached for her head and messed her hair gently. “You worry too much. I’m still the boss. I have been working my so hard, giving all my time to the company after you left. It’s the only way to make myself forget and divert my attention. So I know it is fine with them if I file a few days leave. I’m happy here because we are together, not unless you want to go home”.

 

She gave me a sad smile that makes my heart pound in pain. I don’t want to see her sad. “Is it really okay to do things just to forget even if you knew to yourself that it’s impossible? It’s weird how people still grab the opportunity when there’s a chance to forget. But is it really okay?”

 

“Chances requires decision making so it’s up to you if you want to try it or not. You’re the only one who can answer your question. I plan on staying 2 nights more. I want you to recover fast by making you happy even just for a day or two. So decide now”

 

I locked her gaze with mine and saw her doubts but I hope she will chose to stay. Soon she cheered and nod her head.

 

“Let’s do it then. But I hope you’ll give me the fun that I need” She resume on eating.

 

“That’s my girl. I’m sure you’ll love it. So eat a lot, we need energy” I sighed in content and very much happy inside that I want to dance.

 

I too began eating and sometimes silence passes and can still saw her deep in thoughts so I tried to divert her attention by feeding her using my chopstick from time to time.

 

“Anyway, I don’t have clothes to wear. And I need to call Minho. He must be worriedly sick right now” she stated. I frowned hearing his name, but I owe him a lot. The guy cares for her just the way I care for her.

 

“I already prepared everything you need, don’t worry. I also made few calls yesterday. I called Minho and he is leaving you under my care. Don’t worry I assured him that you’ll return fully recover”.

 

“Oh really? Thanks but I still need to call him” she pointed and I nod.

 

“Very well” My eyes focused on my plate instead and a few seconds of silence passed by us. I shouldn’t be jealous or bothered with her calling him, but seeing how she finished eating with swift just to make a call to him, makes my heart ache. It’s thanks to him that he fill my absence with his presence when she left, so I can’t hate the guy. I’m just jealous.

 

She stood up and gather her utensils and went towards the sink. She was about to go to her room when I stopped her.

 

“By the way Dara, Bom and the gang’s been calling me. I told them you’re fine and they want to apologize to you.”

 

Her smile turn weak. “Me too Ji. I said too much that night. I had hurt them. I’ve gone mad and can no longer control myself”.

 

“They understand your situation Dee, they won’t hate you. Anyway. I hope you’ll forgive them but right now, just call only Minho. Let’s deal with them later and let’s just have fun, alright?”

 

“Alright”

 

My gaze followed her until she’s out of my sight. I sighed and my smile is now gone. Even though her last word sound as if she’s being cheerful but I saw the way her eyes flashes her real emotions. Was that sadness Dara? I hope I can make you happy even just for a few days with me. Let’s forget about the real world for now and just enjoy the company of each other.

 

‘Of course I don’t hate them Jiyong. Who am I to hate them when I have no plan telling you all about my son? I wasn’t waiting for the time and I’m not looking for a chance to tell you about Ryujin. I plan on keeping it with myself. There are no stories to tell anyway for I lost him already. So I’m sorry’.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

DARA’s POV

 

We arrived at our destination. Amusement park.

 

“Seriously Ji? Amusement park?” I tried to hide the fact that I am excited. I love amusement park. But I want to tease and I saw him pout in disappointment. Cute.

 

“Don’t you like it? Let’s go somewhere else if you don’t like it here” he returned.

 

“Are you kidding me? I love it. Let’s go inside hurry” I went out of his car and ran merrily towards the entrance, waving at him to hurry. I laughed when I saw him laughed and shook his head a bit.

 

Reaching me, he gave me my jacket and helped me wear it. He’s the one who zipped it to my neck. I giggled as I remember him doing this the last time went to a place like this. He always took care of everything I need when we go out, and whenever we’re together.

 

“Are you that excited to forget that it’s almost winter?” He asked after I received a soft pinch at my nose.

 

“Yes. I totally forgot. But hey, let’s go inside. Hurry”

 

“Okay”

 

I pulled him by grabbing his arms but he replaced it with hid hand, locking his fingers with mine. I took a peek at our entwined hands and he’s already on snob mode. Snob mode when in public.

 

A smile plastered on my lips and I think my cheeks became red.

 

After paying for our unlimited ride ticket. I saw a store that sells cute headbands and to wear and cute stuff toys while in a place like this. I pulled him once again and laughed in excitement. He can only chuckle.

 

I found a bunny ears headband and hopped a bit, acting cute and both of us laughed but Jiyong almost fell on his knees while laughing.

 

“That suits you, but something is missing, wait here”

 

My eyes followed where he went then he went back to me with a carrot stuff toy on his hand and gave it to me. “Now you’re ready to go” he continued.

 

“Yeah right. Look I’m a hungry rabbit” I began acting as if I’m eating the carrot the rabbit way and that made him laughed so hard. I laughed too. “How about you? You need to wear something” I realized.

 

I went to search for something that will suit him and found a cat ears headband. Perfect. It was I who reached for his head and put the thing where it should be placed. I tilted my head to the side and gawked at him. I can’t believe how he looks so handsome in that toy. Impossible.

 

“Seriously cat ears?”

 

I didn’t even respond as if I didn’t heard him for I am still gawking at the result. He is wearing a Goth designed earrings that shaped as a large safety pin and the other one is a small black pearl earring. His intense eyes that people mistakenly call as glaring, his pointed nose, perfect jaw, pink lips, and his fashion built, made him stand out. OMG. I place both my palm on my lips.

 

“Yah. I’m going to melt if you’re staring at me like that. Are we done here?”

 

I shook my head yes. “Hmmmhmm” I can only hum. He then instruct me to wait for him outside the store while he’s paying. Not long he went towards me then I saw few woman ogled him. Good thing his attention is on me. He really stand out with that cat ears but it’s for my eyes only.

 

What did I say? For my eyes only? Oh my.

 

“Ji, do you have a mask or something?” I asked while glaring at the girls who ogles him.

 

“Yes but why ask?” After he said yes, I instructed him to wear it.

 

“You’re earning attention” I pointed out and saw him smirked before he wore the mask.

 

“Is this fine now?” he asked and I shook my head yes with a smile of satisfaction.

 

“Better”

 

I grabbed his arms again and pulled him with me, excited for the rides. Yet again, he replaced it with his hand instead and tightly hold on it. This time I didn’t let him see how I’m smiling right now and just walk before him.

 

“Dee if we’ll hurry, we might realize it’s already time to sleep. I don’t want this day to end soon, so let’s slow down and don’t let go of my hand please” He said after using his strength to tame me.

 

“Okay, me too”

 

 

_____________________________

 

 

A/N: I'm Back.