Untold Secret

Bridge To His Heart

 

DARA’s POV

 

“Fine let’s talk”

 

My heart thump so loud in my chest hearing him said that. The truth is, I’m scared. Who wouldn’t get scared? If you are in this situation, I bet you’ll faint for this is a life and death situation. If this leads to what you are expecting then you are safe, but if it ended at the wrong turn, then it’s a dead end. Yet, I need this, we need to talk.

 

I just don’t know what particular issue I will raise first. Heck, I have hundred of questions running over my head right now.

 

“Do you promise to tell me everything?” I gasped when he asked.

 

I nod my head and sat up. Both of us are sitting side by side and facing the beautiful scenery out front. “I do promise, but do you?” I muttered and embraced my knees closer to my chest.

 

“Yes” I saw him nod his head but he wasn’t looking at me.

 

Please look at me Ji, look at me.

 

Silence came between us as if both of us are in deep thoughts, or am I the only one who’s having a hard time saying a word? I sighed and after that he was the one who broke the silence.      

 

“Why did you leave me Dara?”

 

That made my mouth hang open. He was now looking at me with pain in his eyes. I secretly clenched my fist as I remember the reason why I had to leave him. It was I who broke the eye contact and closed my eyes. I don’t want to answer the question but it was I who asked him to talk right?

 

Memories filled my head and that hurts. The truth hurts. I might hurt him. The pain, the anger, love, guilt, and a lot more keeps coming back to me.

 

“Because I love you Ji. But that love is scary. I was scared, frightened, terrified even. I got afraid of myself, of what I’ll become while I’m in love with you. It’s too painful Jiyong” I bent my head down and secretly punch my chest with my fist, glad that my hair’s blocking it. Now I’m trembling for having multiple emotions. I felt the tears flowed down from my eyes as much as I want to hold it up. “I don’t want to lose our friendship Jiyong. I left because the love I had for you was in a wrong timing. You love Kiko but what did I do? I-I thought you will love me too but I realize that it was wrong of me to think like that. How could I let myself fall in love with you, the very best friend I have? So I decided that I need to get away just to save our friendship” I felt myself trembled.

 

“Save our friendship? Damn it Dara for 6 years you hide yourself from me? Is that how you save our friendship? You can even tell me where you are going. If you need space, I can give you space. If you need to think, I’m giving you the peace that you need. But what did you do? You walk away without anything. Leaving me with doubts, guilt, pain, questions, and a letter. So how could you walk away from me? Is it just to save our friendship?”

 

He began to shake me by the shoulder as I saw his eyes full of pain. I couldn’t hold it so I weeped and let him shook me.

 

“Ji, I-I needed it” I stuttered.

 

“Why? Why do you need to leave me that way? Tell me why? Damn it!”

 

I’m sorry Ji, I still can’t tell you the whole truth. I ed you for Pete’s sake! I’m sorry!

 

“Do you really want to know the truth?” I still asked while tears flowing on my cheeks.

 

“Yes!”

 

I exhaled to calm my nerves and told him the truth, but not all.

 

“Because you hurt me! You ignore me for one whole month Jiyong after that accident happen. I already admitted my loss and tried to talk to you, to talk things out between us, but I got nothing from you but hope and pain! You of all people know that I have self-esteem issues but you still won’t talk to me. It was you who pushed me away! Damn you!” I slapped his hands away from my shoulders and lightly punch his chest. Tears still flowing from my eyes.

 

He fell silent and I felt guilty. Did I hurt him?

 

“I know” He then sighed. “I know I hurt you Dee, but why did you prolong my agony? I was guilty. I wanted to see you, to apologize to you. I gave you the time you need, but don’t you think 6 full years is too much? It’s like you don’t plan on coming back to me. Everyday I felt pain because I miss you everyday”

 

He missed me everyday?

 

I gasped when I felt his head dropped on my shoulder. His voice is cracked and felt him trembling. I sobbed after hearing that. I didn’t know about that. How could I think of the pain I went through without thinking that I’m hurting him too.

 

I’m so sorry Jiyong, I didn’t know. But why didn’t you go after me if you miss me that much?

 

But I can never ask that because I told him not to come after me. I just thought he would still look for me, but it’s already in the past. It’s something that I shouldn’t ask him anymore. What for right?

 

“God knows how much I missed you” He mumbled again.

 

And so I can only hold him. “Oh God Ji” I whispered and kneel on my knees and let his face rest on my chest while holding him close to me, embracing him. I felt his arms around my waist that made me bury my lips on his head. “Oh Jiyong I missed you too” I said and tightly hold him in my arms as I felt him doing it also. It was already half a year that I’m back but it’s as if we greet each other just now.

 

I think the pain in my heart subsided a little. The anger inside me is slowly vanishing. I should have listened to him when he said he wanted to talk to me.

 

“I’m sorry. I hope you’ll forgive me” I whispered and placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

 

I got no answer from him. His eyes found mine and I saw how his eyes converse with me. I understand that he’s still in pain but I know he forgives me. It was him who broke the embrace and bent his head. I breath out and sat in front of him.

 

“Of course I forgive you and I hope you’ll forgive me too Dara” He finally smile at me and I smiled too. He is so handsome and always makes my heart thump so loud.

 

I am definitely still in love with him. But I still can’t forget the pain. It’s hard to forget but I’m trying, God knows how I’m trying. Maybe it’s one of the reason why I can’t simply blurt that I still love him. I’m still afraid right now but soon, there will come a day where I can tell him how much I love him.

 

But that day is definitely not today.

 

“I am here now Ji, tell me how can I make it up to you? I want to be your bestfriend again” I asked with a smile.

 

“Nothing. You don’t need to do anything” He then stood up. And walked towards the baluster. I frowned. My smile left my lips when I saw how serious he is. I know there’s still something he wants to tell me.

 

“Ji,” I whispered his name to get his attention and I was successful. Though that success is not something I’m looking forward to achive for he was looking at me in a very serious way. He was smiling but he is being sarcastic. I saw sadness in his face.

 

“I’m sorry Dara, but that friendship no longer exist anymore. It died after you left”

 

“What?” I hissed and stood up, I don’t understand.

 

“Don’t you think it’ll be awkward between us?? To you, maybe it’s fine but it’s different to me”

 

“Why? Tell me why” I cried once again. I thought I was closer to him, I never thought that I’m being dragged away from him once again. I walked towards him and faced him with clenched fist.

 

“I no longer see you as my friend Dara. I hope you understand how I felt about you. It’ll be hard on me. I hope you’ll understand”

 

Is it because he love me thats why he can’t see me as a friend anymore? Is that it? After all this year? It hurts so much. I love him too. I only need to say that but I have doubts in my head now. How could he do this to me? What if I don’t love him back, then he’s not going to be my friend anymore? The reason why I walked away is to save our friendship but it’s now put to waste.

 

That hurts.

 

I felt like all the strength inside my body dumped me on the trash. I stepped backward and wanted to run but I couldn’t. How could he throw away our friendship like that?

 

I then felt him reached for me. He placed his palm on both of my cheeks and looked at me straight in the eyes.

 

“I still love you Dara. But I cannot own your heart now that you have someone else. That’s why I can’t be the bestfriend that you need because I too need to move on. And it will be awkward now”

 

He still loves me.

 

I think I finally understand why we can’t be the best of friends we once were because I love him too, always and forever. He’s right, it will be awkward now.

 

“Ji, Minho and I are no-” I stopped.

 

“There you are” Someone said.

 

We saw aunty panting at the corner. I hastily wiped off the tears in my eyes and Jiyong let go of my face. We both bowed a little. Not long Jiyong went towards her and ushered her. “By the way, we have a small gatherings near the house. We would like to invite both of you to join us or it’s fine if you both want to rest first”

 

“Of course we’ll go with you. Right honey?” Jiyong signaled me to say yes and I nod my head and join them.

 

What a timing.

 

Not long we both headed to the village and I can’t help peeping at Jiyong, though aunty is in between us, holding my hand. Sadly, he wasn’t looking at me. Actually I was right, he really misunderstood the situation that night. He thought me and Minho are lovers, but we’re just friends. I have to tell him that.

 

Maybe later when were alone.

 

*****

 

It was night time and most of the men are already a bit drunk. There’s no particular celebration but the villagers usually celebrate after the harvest. I can even see the unity of the villagers which is quite amusing. I am so blessed that it was uncle who we met yesterday. Thank God.

 

Women are in charge of the food, cooking and serving their husband while the men are in charge of laughter and they just drink, that’s because they do all the hard works anyway.

 

I watched Jiyong laughing and talking to the others as if he’s living in this small village for a long time. But I still want to have some alone time with him. We still need to talk. Though he’s not even looking at me while I’m looking at him all this time.

 

“Don’t you think your husband will melt whenever you look at him like that?” A girl with the same age as me uttered. She was refilling a dish on the plate while I washed some dishes. “You can wash the dishes later and just serve your husband for now” The girl added and winked at me.

 

I grinned and watched her went towards her husband and they both cuddled a bit. I even saw her feed her husband and get rewarded with a peck on the cheeks. They looked so in love. Other ladies are laughing together and pouring rice wine on their husbands glasses.

 

Of course I can’t do that. I’m not his wife and I don’t want to deceive this good people anymore. I went back to washing dishes and just focus on it.

 

For few minutes past, I heard someone sang while using a guitar. It got my attention for I am a frustrated guitarist. I tried to study how to play but it’s the guitar who doesn’t want me. *Pout. The lad was singing a popular trot song to the point that the other joined him in singing, and ended up all of us are singing.

 

My eyes once again found Jiyong whose also singing. I frowned when I saw him looked away or maybe I’m just imagining things. I smiled when I saw him smiling.

 

“Did something happened between the two of you?” Aunty asked that got my attention. I didn’t even know that she’s already beside me.

 

“Nothing’s wrong aunty. Why ask?” I smiled at her

 

“It’s like you’re ignoring each other. I know somethings wrong so don’t lie to me. Why don’t you go to him and just leave the dishes there”

 

“Nothing’s wrong Aunty. I’ll just finish the dishes and I’ll join you later. Is there anything I can help you with Aunty?”

 

“Nothing dear, Thank you. You’re not just beautiful, you also have a pure heart. Aiyoo” She lightly pat my arms and gave me the brightest smile ever. I smiled. How I wish grammy and mom are still alive.

 

The old lady walked back to uncle’s side and my eyes once again on Jiyong’s. My smile is gone for he’s not even looking at me. He’s even busy talking to a woman whose sitted beside him. The girl even pouring him a drink. I bent my head down and decided to finish washing the dishes.

 

I really want to have some alone time with him right now, but I think he’s still enjoying. I’ll just talk to him later. For now I want to be alone.

 

_______________________________________________

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

Aigoo. She’s sleeping again??

 

The small party just ended and I was searching for her for almost half an hour now. She was on the bench outside the house with a book on her lap. I carried her on my arms and went inside our room. I placed her on the bed and removed her slippers before I cover her with a blanket.

 

My eyes caught her twitching eyes, her perfect nose, her pink lips. She’s so beautiful. How can I even move on when I don’t want to let her go? I want to own her yet I want her to be happy, I’m just not a part of her happiness for I cause her pain.

 

My attention focused suddenly on her lips. God knows how I want to kiss it. I didn’t even know that I’m leaning closer and now I’m few centimeters away from her lips.

 

“Damn!” I cursed and leaned back to sit. I just caressed her cheeks and smiled weakly before leaving the room for I need to think.

 

See? We can never be back to we were before. I can’t even stay close to her for everytime she’s near is like I’m being glued to her. I went outside and sat at the bench Where Dara was sleeping a while ago. The lights are already off abd only the streetlight outside and the moon are the only source of light at the area. I bet uncle and aunty is already sleeping too.

 

I glanced at my watch and saw it’s already past 12 in the evening. It’s early in the morning. I leaned back and watch the nightsky. “What do I need to do to forget my love for her?” I whispered to myself and closed my eyes.

 

*****

 

“Oh my, yesterday it’s Dara and now it’s you?”

 

I frowned when I heard aunty’s voice. What does she mean by that? I took a quick glance on my watch and it’s already quarter to 4:00 in the morning.

 

“Good morning aunty” Instead of asking about her reaction, I greeted.

 

“Good morning son. You can’t sleep as well? Your wife told me she can’t sleep yesterday too, and to think that you both stayed at the same bench? Aigoo” She added and started sweeping the leaves scattered at the main door.

 

So that means Dara can’t sleep yesterday as well. How could I not think about it, that’s the reason why she always sleep during the ride to the city. I stood up and helped the old lady doing the chores.

 

“Let me help you Aunty” I uttered but the lady laughed.

 

“Wow, you both said that same words too” She continue laughing.

 

I laughed a bit. But I wonder why Dara can’t sleep yesterday? I wonder if her reasons is the same reason why I can’t sleep, not when she’s too close to me.

 

******

 

Time passes by so quick that it’s time to say goodbye once again. Uncle approached us and gave me a brief farewell hug and pat me at my back.

 

“You take care of your wife alright” the old mat muttered and shook my shoulders.

 

“Yes I will uncle” Even though our act drew to a near end, I know for sure that I will always take care of Dara even if she own another man’s heart. That I promise.

 

“I’m so sorry that I can’t accompany you to the city. There’s still a lot of things to do at the farm but don’t worry, Jinu is a good driver.”

 

“That’s okay uncle. We’ve been a real pain to you and aunty. I don’t even know how we can repay you for this kind of treatment you and this village had given us”

 

“Don’t worry about repaying. I will be very mad if you pay us. Helping is a voluntary act son”

 

I nod and smiled at him. “Thank you” I whispered and I felt him pat my back. Both of us watched Dara and Aunty hugging each other and some of the villager. I smiled when I saw her wiping her tears while waving her hands on the villagers.

 

I glanced at my watch and it’s already time to leave. “Dara, Let’s go” I called and I saw her nod at me. Both aunty and Dara walked hand in hand towards the old truck. Aunty hugged me and Dara hugged uncle. I can even hear Dara’s sobs which made me smile.

 

“Take care both of you” Aunty whispered with a crack voice.

 

“Same to the both of you too aunty, I’m gonna miss you all. I promise I’m gonna visit you someday. Thank you” Dara said in between her sobs. I pulled her close to me, wiped her tears and kiss her forehead to stop her tears, I don’t know why that act comes naturally.

 

I ushered her inside the truck and followed her. Both of us waved at them and not long we left the place.

 

“I’m gonna miss them” I heard her whisper. Both our eyes met at the same time. I smiled.

 

“Me too”

 

I admit I enjoyed this get away with her. Deep inside my heart I’m rejoicing though half of it wants to ignore that happiness.

 

_________________________________________

 

DARA’s POV

 

I still haven’t talked to him and the train already announced that we’re near Seoul.  Jiyong’s been sleeping all this time. Did he not sleep last night? I already knew that it was him who tucked me to bed. I remember falling asleep while reading a book I borrowed from Aunty.

 

But sad to say he’s too sleepy today. Even at the ride to the station, he was sleeping during the ride. I wonder why he’s too sleepy.

 

Yet, it’s time to wake him for we are already back in Seoul.

 

******

 

Minutes past and we found our way to his car.  I really want to talk to him before going home but looking at his face made me back out. He looks so tired that he was massaging the bridge of his nose while I secure myself with a seatbelt.

 

“Let’s go?” He voiced out without looking at me.

 

I nod my head and soon, we are going to part ways. I played with my fingers as he focused on the road not even saying a word. I don’t want us to part like this, so I need to lighten the mood.

 

“Ji, I’m thirsty. Let’s have coffee somewhere, my treat.” I cheered and watched him. I saw him smiled but before he could answer, his phone rang. I pout while secretly eavesdropping.

 

“Bom,............., yeah she’s with me,.............., long story I’ll tell you later,.............., what’s the occasion anyway?,............, so did something happened?,.............., Okay, I’ll tell her, geez you don’t need to shout, is it so important?............., fine!! Okay, okay. Goodbye”

 

Hmmn? What up? I hastily fished out my phone on my bag and checked my mails and calls. I admit I kind’a missed my phone.

 

“Omo!” I hissed.

 

“What?” I heard him asked but I got too distracted after I remembered Minho. How could I forget him all this time?? I’m so bad!!

 

Without answering Jiyong, I gasped when I found 16 calls from Minho and 17 calls from Bom, even CL called. What’s up with them? Did something happened? I then dialled Minho’s number and called him but my phone beeped that means it’s low battery.

 

“Damn it!” I cursed.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked once again.

 

“Yes” Our eyes met as I respond but I frowned. “Don’t you think it’s weird? Bom left 17 calls and she called you and it feels like it’s very important. It’s weird, Minho left me calls too but no messages or anything. He’s not like that, he send me text messages whenever he can’t reach me on the phone. What’s up?” I uttered.

 

“I don’t know but Bom asked me to bring you to our place, I mean our usual hangout place”

 

“At the club in Gangnam? Wow, I can’t believe you guys still go in there?” I smirked and he nod his head with a y smile on his lips. I avoided watching his lips and just focused on the road. “Okay I’ll be there. It’s been a long since I go to that kind of place”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t go to clubs anymore” Yeah after I got .......

 

*****

 

Not long he parked his car in front of our house.

 

“Ji, thank you so much for helping me. I enjoyed every second of it” I really mean It! I’m not gonna forget.

 

He just nod and without words he drove away, just like that. My smile turned weak. I suddenly felt the need to breath. Why do I feel like something bad will happen today?? Aigoo, maybe I’m just overthinking.

 

On my way to my room, I felt my phone vibrate so I fished it out and answer the call. It was Minho. Now I felt overjoyed just reading his name flashing on my screen.

 

“Yobosaeyo?”

 

“Dara!! Thank goodness you answer. Where were you? I’ve been trying to reach you?” he answered but with a tinge of worry in his voice. What’s up?

 

“Oh there’s too many to mention. Why don’t we have lunch tomorrow and I’ll tell you everythi--”

 

“Dara! Listen to me,.. Chaerin and Bom already kn---...” then he stopped. I waited for him to continue but no words came out.

 

“CL and Bom what?” And so I asked.

 

“Ahmm”

 

“Minho-ah” Now I’m furious.

 

“Why don’t we have dinner together later”

 

Is he changing the topic? Why did my heart pumped so fast, it’s weird?

 

“Okay let’s have dinner together and it’s been so long since I saw you. But tonight is off limit. Bom called and invited us, I mean with Jiyong to go to our usual hang-out pl-”

 

“NO! NO! NO! You must not go!” He yelled. I knew it!! Something’s up with him.

 

“Tell me what’s wrong Minho!” I yelled back. “You’re making me nervous”

 

It took him a while to answer but when he did, I can only gasped and agreed to it.

 

......

 

“Let me you to that club” He’s not jealous right, or is he?

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Another late update guys, I'm really sorry. I'll try to post the next chapter ASAP.

 

 

"What do you think is the single most important thing for a relationship to be successful?"

 

tothesky11 trust and sharing. We should trust each other and sharing misunderstand things. These will make we know clearly about ourselves.

          -True!! I agree Big time. Sharing makes us understand what we truly felt, and TRUST is a necessity,

 

wenkie0414 i think it is not only one factor but a lot of factors.. Trust which is a basic foundation of a good and lasting relationship, Patience which is really needed in every relationship.. Respect which every one of us needs it.. Friendship cause without it Love or the relationship will go into waste, of course LOVE for each other not just superficial but the wholeness of the person, and Communication, a two way and open communication which Honesty is really needed.. being honest on what you are feeling towards your partner. If you have that in your relationship it may not be all the time smooth but definitely you can endure alot of trials and problems that you will encounter along the way.

          -Wow, I can't help but smile while reading this. Those who search for true love must find you, a type of person who knows how to keep the love for a relationship to last. 

 

Miss_Prei Single most important thing for a relationship to be successful? hmm... I haven't been in any relationship(romantically), but my mom always tells me that in order for a relationship to work, a couple needs trust. Trust in themselves and each other. Trust in themselves that they can overcome and be the pillar of support for their respective partner. And trust in each other that they won't break the trust, effort,time and love that they both showed and showered each other.

           -*Raise hand, I agree too. Trust should be built and not to be wrecked for trust can only built once.

 

 

For my 35th question,

"Does it bother you if your partner has friends with the opposite ? Why?

 

 

 

Keep on smiling,

 

Aeiya-luvs-u