Wasted Sacrifice

Bridge To His Heart

 

 

DARA's POV

 

“You want me to say sorry right?, fine I’m sorry for being a . Sorry for having a friend like me. Now are you happy?”

 

Silence comes next after that.. I looked at them one by one and they were ignoring my gaze even Bom.

 

"U-unnie, you d-don't have to do that!" I heard Minzy stuttered.

 

"Minzy-ah, shut up!" Then I heard Daesung her boyfriend whispered and elbowed her gently.

 

I'm tired of this set up. I'm tired of waiting for their acceptance where in fact what they are showing me obviously means that they can never accept me for what I did. I'm tired of waiting for someone that is willing to listen to me because everybody already closed their door for me. What did I do to deserve this? What I did to Kiko, I did it because I don't want someone to hurt my bestfriend. But now, my best friend hates me for that.

 

Or am I really wrong for confronting Kiko?

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Bommie-ah, where are you??" I yelled through the phone. The two of us decided to meet just to go shopping every Sunday and still she's not here yet and so I called her.

 

It was a busy freezing Sunday and I was alone at the entrance of Dongdaemun market waiting for the arrival my girl friend, in the name of Park Bom.

 

"Ohh I really forgot Ttoki-ah. I'm sorry I can't go with you just for this day. Well Seunghyun asked me for a dinner date later in the evening so I'm here at the salon to do my hair and nails. You want to come here instead? Bianhe Dara-ahh"

 

I can hear her happiness on the other line. I should be happy for her 'coz finally her dream to be wedded with her longtime boyfriend Choi Seunghyun will be finally become real. But I can't find the happiness in my heart 'coz I know for sure Bom's going to lose her time for me just as what Jiyong did to me when Kiko accepted Jiyong to be her boyfriend.

 

Looks like everyone slowly leaving me behind. I shouldn't be thinking that way for we all have our own lives and I know everything changes. There are growths, parting times, goodbyes, but I don't want any of those. I wanted them to stay with me and be there for me and to not lose them forever. I know it's selfish for me to think that way but I'm just being me.

 

I lost my parents since I was 10 and the only family I have is my brother who became the successor of our growing company and because of his line of work, we barely see each other in a year. Only our butler's and maids are the only one I can talk with and so as my friends.

 

I bent down my head and felt the building tears on my eyes. I don't want to be alone. I'm tired of being left behind.

 

"Ohh- ahm, okay Bommie-ah. Looks like I-I'll go shopping on my own. Enjoy" Those were my white lies. I can't go shopping on my own. I want someone to share my happiness with, laughter, and experiences. I want someone to be there and be with me. I thought Jiyong will never leave me behind, but as Kiko entered his life, I became number two on his priority list.

 

"Mianhe Ttoki-ah, don't be sad alright. I know you very well. I'll make it up to you next week, I promise"

 

"What made you think that I'm sad, you muncher! kkkkkk. I'll be fine. Call me later okay? bye bye, it's freezing out her-"

 

"Don't tell me you’re outside the mall waiting for me??" I heard her ahjumma voice, I smiled weakly.

 

"That's why I have to go inside, so later nehh" I hit the end button without hearing her say goodbye. I stared down at my phone and saw a drop of tears on the screen. I know I'm selfish, only thinking about myself all the time, but can I blame myself for that? Everyone's leaving me one by one, my parents, my brother, my friends, my best friends, and my love.

 

Instead of going inside the mall I began to walk on the street, put my phone on my sweater pocket as well as my hands to warm me up.

 

As I was walking on the street away from the mall, I was about to buy coffee nearby when I saw a black Porsche screech at the side of the street. At first I thought it belongs to a random big-time lad, but as I read the plate number, I know it belongs to Jiyong. The thing is, he gave that car to his y girlfriend Kiko Mizuhara.

 

I began to hide myself at the freezing bushes when I saw the driver’s door opened, spitting a random guy. I saw him walked on the other side and opened the other door on the front. I gasped when I saw the , grinning and flirting while she accepted the hand of that good looking man.

 

Wait a minute. Jiyong told me that he'll meet Kiko at 2:00 in the afternoon. I glanced down at my watch and saw it was already 1:30pm. Does this mean, Kiko's ditching my bestfriend?? Wait! I can't jump into conclusion, maybe she's here for business with the guy, and who is he anyway.

 

I saw them entering the sophisticated coffee shop and saw the guy helped her on her seat and was rewarded by her famous pouty smile. Flirtatious ! But es are flirts right?

 

I wore my hoodie and bent down my head. I entered the shop but I was blocked by the butler.

 

"Madame, clothes like that are not allowed here"

 

I rolled my eyes. Gosh! Screw places like this one that has social class issues. I grabbed something on my bag when I felt him gripped my arms.

 

"Madame, are you pulling a gun from there? I tell you, it's just one of our house rules"

 

I smirked.. Gosh! Now I'm mistakenly known as an intruder? I can't ing believe this. "Hands of sir, or I'll really pull the trigger, don't you dare call guards or I'll really do it" I smirked. Why not act right? Annoying people.

 

"Madame, I-I'm warning you" I heard him stuttered.

 

"Found it!" I grabbed the thing I'm trying to search on my bag and pulled it out. Before that, I saw the man releasing crystal clear sweat on the forehead and saw his scared expression. Hahaha, this is so funny, but wait, I must hurry.. I'm here to spy the not to waste time for this.

 

I showed him my black platinum card and he was shocked by it. He then read my name and saw the changes on his expression.

 

I saw him bowed 90 degree and muttering repeatedly the word, 'mianhe madame Park'.

 

"I'm sorry for dropping by in here wearing these, but I have an important business here. Don't tell the other's that I'm here for I came here secretly, do you get me, Mr. Sung?" I glanced down on his name tag and read it out loud. He then bowed down and gave me the perfect table to spy Kiko and that unknown man.

 

Mr. Sung also provided me a magazine so that I could hide my identity by acting as if I'm reading a magazine.

 

"Mianhe madame for my bad attitude a while ago" Mr. Sung said after giving me all that I need.

 

"It's alright, you don't need to apologize. You are just following the rules" Well, I can't blame him for that because I'm wearing this..., and she's wearing that.

                                                    

                                                               

 

Minutes past by still the two freaks are still enjoying their conversation. I looked at my watch and it's already 2:00 in the afternoon. Jiyong told me that they are going to celebrate their 100th days in relationship at W Hotel Walker Hill. Just thinking of it, makes my heart thumps painfully, throbbing in jealousy.

 

I have been spying them for about half an hour but looks like she's here for business. I sighed in frustration.

 

I stood up and went to the restroom. I entered the cubicle just for me to sit and cry.

 

What the hell are you doing Dara? How could you spy the girl your bestfriend love more than himself?? What do expect?

 

When suddenly I heard the opening of the restroom I am in and heard a familiar voice.

 

"Ji baby, I'm sorry okay but I can't be with you. I was called to do this photoshoot and it was so sudden that I can't say no. This is an opportunity for me to excel in my career so cheer up and I'll make it up to you later neh. I'm already here at the photoshoot venue, don't worry if this'll end soon I'll spend the night with you.. Okay?"

 

There was a pause and I know she's listening on the phone obviously talking to Jiyong.. "Just go home Ji, you'll catch cold if you're still there.... I'm sorry alright...I told you this is important to me.... Do you really want us to fight just for that reason?... If that’s what you want then I'll hang up!!"

 

I pressed my palm on my mouth.. The hell with this woman, she's lying to Jiyong. Aishht!!

 

I was about to confront her when I heard a loud bang on the door followed by a man's voice.

 

"Kiko" I heard him whispered, a voice full of lust and want.

 

"W-why are you h-here?? What are you doing??" I heard Kiko softly yelled.

 

"Please let me do this... I missed you babe"

 

I gasped when I now heard lip smacking, moans, purrs, and heavy breathing. I don't know if what I have in my mind are real. Are they really making out? Here, with me inside the cubicle? Due to curiosity, I began to step on the toilet bowl and slowly peek at what they are doing. I began to press my both palm on my mouth when the shocking scene revealed on my eyes.

 

She was pressed at the door with her both arms on his neck while grabbing fistful of the guy’s hair. His back faced mine and so was blocking Kiko's face but I can clearly see that Kiko's dressed already hanging on her waist while the guy's palm is squeezing her ... I heard soft moans that I know it was from her. Then that means, she's responding to the guy.

 

I can't believe this!! So Kiko is two timing Jiyong?? Since when?? I can't let it pass.

 

I was about to go down when I slipped and fell with my hit the toilet bowl and my hand pressed the flush button.

 

"!! There’s someone here. Let's go!!" I heard Kiko's voice followed by the closing of the door.

 

I opened the cubicle and ran as fast as I can, away from that place. I reached my car and ordered my driver to drive us to where Jiyong could be. I know Jiyong that much. I know that he'll be waiting for Kiko outside their meeting place no matter what happened for he also is as stubborn as me.

 

Within 30 minutes, we then reached the place and for a minute I saw him from afar. I stopped on my track and hid myself on a tree. As expected it's freezing cold in here. My heart thump in pain when I saw him on that state. He was sitting under a tree as if the ground is warm to sit on, while his head bent low. I can see the sadness on his face even when I can only see is his side but I know he is hurting.

 

He's actually looking forward for this day to celebrate and be with his lover but to only ditched and left behind, lied and ran away with another man. Here he is sitting on the ground like a lost child, waiting for his lover whom was busy pleasuring another man. To think the great Kwon Jiyong, successor of the Kwon big-time 1st class malls and condo's all over the world, lost and hurt because of a girl?

 

If it's only me Ji, I'll never do things that can hurt you, I'll be on our meeting place 1 hour before you'll arrive, and I'll never look for another guy because you are perfect Jiyong. But those were only my if’s. In reality I'm just your bestfriend.

 

Tears build up on my eyes and blurred my vision, but I blinked them away. I grabbed my phone on my sweater pocket and dialed his number while looking at him from afar.

 

I saw him grabbed his phone and answered it.

 

"Yobosaeyo?"

 

"Ji!, so how are you??" I cheered but only an act.

 

"She ditched me"

 

I paused. I thought he would lie to me about what happened. I didn't expect him to open it up.

 

"W-what happened?"

 

"She have to work for this day so we can't celebrate right now. Gahhd, that hurts, so her work is more important than me" She's not just busy for work but making out with another man. "Why did you call?"

 

Yeah, why did I call?? Ohh to tell that Kiko's two timing him.

 

"Well I saw he--" I stopped. Should I tell him that?? No! I can't tell him yet. He is hurting alright, I don't want to add more pain for he's suffering already. "I-I saw a bunny stuffed toy that I want to buy" I lied.

 

"Then buy it"

 

"That’s why I called you.. Could you buy it for me please?" It's hard to act as if you're okay you know, but I'm doing this for him because I love him.

 

From afar, I saw him smiled weakly. "Okay, I'll buy it for you but not now." I then heard his pained voice.

 

"Ji, do you need company?"

 

"I want to be alone Dee, don't mind me okay, I'm alright" Liar!

 

"B-but"

 

"No buts Dee, I know you very well and I tell you, don't come here please Dee"

 

I sighed in defeat, "Fine, just don't stay outside Jiyong for its freezing cold, arasso?" It's so hard to act cheerful when you know it's not helping.

 

How I wish it was me. If only you love me Jiyong.

 

"Neh" I heard his sad voice then he hanged up the phone. I want to tell him what I saw but looking at him lost and hurt, it hurts me as well. Maybe this isn't the time yet.

 

5 minutes, 10 minutes-20 minutes, I was still hiding on the tree gazing at Jiyong for the whole time. I saw him sighed hundredths of times now, combing his blue to pink hair via his fingers, looking at his phone and dialing a number just to hang up, still sitting on those cold, rough ground as if there's no snow storm.

 

My eyes roamed around the area and saw little girls playing snow ball fight. I walked towards one of those little girls and talked to her. "Hi I'm Dara what's your name?" I asked smiling for the little girl's cuteness for her hair's in pigtail, wearing a pink snow jacket and pink fuzzy ear muffs and wearing a yellow snow boots..

 

"I'm Ahyoon"                        

 

"Hello Ahyoon, can I ask a favor from you?"

 

"What is-h it miss?"

 

"Can you give this scarf to that man?? But don't tell me that this belongs to me. Could you act as if you're giving this to him?" I winked at her. Her smile is adorable. How I wish I'll have a daughter this cute.

 

"Oh, no problem miss-h, I'm good in acting. Is that oppa your boyfriend?" I gasped and laughed at her bluntness.

 

"He's my bestf---- well y-yes"

 

Just this once, can I lie??

 

I pulled my yellow scarf around my neck and placed it around the cute little girl. I muttered "Thank you" then she walked away going to Jiyong.

 

I smiled when I saw Jiyong accepted my scarf and smiled back at the little girl. I saw him placed his hand on her head and pat it gently which earned giggles from the little kid.

 

"Ahyoon-ah, let's go!" I heard someone shout her name near me and I saw a woman searching for the little girl. Maybe she's her mother.

 

"Ye mommy" she answered and saw her ran away.

 

The little girl walked off hand in hand with her mother. My smile slowly gone and glanced back at Jiyong. I almost sob when I saw my scarf around his neck and buried his lips and nose on the warmness of the scarf. I began to zip my snow jacket up to my neck for it was so cold suddenly because of the absence of my yellow scarf.

 

It was almost 6pm when I saw him stood up and walked away. I stayed on my spot, didn't realize that I'm already coughing and sneezing during our ride going home.  I stayed at him even though it's freezing outside, I want to talk to him to know if he's alright. I want to hug him for he's just few feet’s away from my reach. I want to cry because I'm seeing him hurt because of someone else.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

If I didn't confront Kiko that day, maybe this won't happen to me.

 

My head began to hurt that caused me to grab the empty seat for support while trying my best to act cool in front of my so-called friends.

 

Just remembering my sacrifices for this stupid love, my eyes watered and teardrops continuously flowed on my cheeks. I can't tolerate this anymore. I don't want to be alone but now I'm really alone.

 

I was sobbing while turning my back from them. I was about to leave them when Bom stopped me.

 

"What did Kiko do to you Dara to deserve that? Why do you hate her that much? Was it only because you love your bestfriend? or you`re just trying to use that act so that he`ll forgive you? I told you, that isn't love"

 

That isn't love?? Now I'm thinking, maybe she's right. Maybe those sacrifices I made weren’t just because I love him, but because I don't want to lose him. I don't know anymore. I only know that I want to be with Jiyong forever. I thought he'll love me back but now it became a dream.

 

I turned around and face her while trying hard to tolerate the pulsing pain on my head. It’s been a week now and I still have no rest, no sleep, and no food and cried all day long. I then faced her and wiped off my tears.

 

"You once told me that I'm selfish. Maybe you are right Bom that I'm only thinking of myself. I'm afraid to be left behind 'coz everyone's leaving me behind. You even told me that if only I told you about my feelings for him then you'll help me out. You even once told me that you know me more than Jiyong does. Then can I ask you Bom, why didn't you even realized that I have feelings for him if you really know me more than Jiyong does? You were once angry and said that my attention only centered to Jiyong. Was that act not enough to answer your questions? Then how much do you know me Bom? You yourself can answer your questions if you really know me Park Bom"

 

No matter how I tried to not shed tears but I can't. It is still continuously flowing nonstop. I began to turn around once again, walking away from them, from this situation I am in with no one who wanted to listen and let me explain. It's so painful that I can't continue this ed up life. All my sacrifices, burdens, and sufferings were just wasted with this simple word called love. If love is this painful then how I wish to be born again in a world with no love, hate and pain.

 

As I was walking away, someone poured a bottle of cold water on my head. I ignored the girl who did that but I know her, she's Kiko's friend.

 

"I've been dying to do this !! go to hell!!"

 

I heard what she said but in a second I forgot what she had said. My head hurts a lot so I dialed my driver's number and told him to fetch me now.

 

I'm finally outside the university, walking so weakly towards the main gate. When I was few feet’s away from the gate, I saw Jiyong went out his car and was now walking towards my direction. I stopped on my spot and looked at his every move. I saw him stopped for a second and gaped but ignored my presence when our eyes met. Cold wind past by that seems to freeze my dying heart. I became numb to pain, my heart won't beat again even when I can smell his natural scent for he already walked past me, still I continue to look at him even only at his back that became a shadow every step he took.

 

Is this the end of us Jiyong? Why didn`t you smile at me? Why didn`t you greet me even just a simple 'hello'? Am I really not that important to you now?

 

Then I felt myself hit the cold ground, my vision became blurred but my eyes still tearing even when I don't feel anything anymore, only looking on his shadow.

 

"Unnie!!" I then heard someone yelled that I know it belongs to Minzy. I saw another shadow that’s running towards us. She then stopped and faced Jiyong.

 

"Yah!! oppa, help her!!"

 

"No Minky-ah, she's just acting"

 

"Damn you!! Are you really called as her bestfriend?? Just go die!!"

 

Those were the last words I heard. Didn't even understand what they had said for my vision turned black, followed by silence.

 

Jiyong, I'm sorry I love you.

 

_________________________

 

Minzy pushed Jiyong on the chest and run towards Dara.

 

Jiyong on the other hand saw the pain in Dara's eyes while she's lying on the cold ground with her eyes open wide and watching him. He can visibly see the tears dropping and marking the ground while she was totally wet.

 

After Minzy pushed him, and saw her run towards Dara, he ran as fast as he can to help his bestfriend. But before he can touch her, someone stopped him from doing so.

 

"Don't you ing dare touch my sister!!"

 

Jiyong fell on the ground and massaged his now swollen jaw for he had received a hard blow from the guy standing in front of Dara.

 

"Sanghyun hyung" he can only mutter.

______________________________________________

 

Responses from the 2nd chapter's question. This is really fun to read as well as you can learn from them.

"What will you do if no one listen to you? (If you are in Dara's position)"

 

sandaragon If I'm Dara I think I can't go to school and see my so called friend after they didn't listen to me and somewhere and live there. 

ilovesuzyif i were her, i would change the school or maybe to another country!! pls update soon!! 

cn_araActually If I'm in Dara's position, this is the part where she can find who her true friends are. Also, I might do exactly what dara did,they acuse me of being a ____ then I'll ____ back by not giving a damn about it,if nobody wants to listen to you then let them find out for themselves, cause the truth eventually will come out. Self pity wouldn't help you either try to be patient and assess the situation. If there's one I thing I could remind everyone,people will only believe what they choose to believe and hear, so don't fall for their traps. 

minyulkawaiilover- If I were in her position.. hhhmmm.. This already happened to me but thank god cause someone was there to help me.. I'm sure that someone will come to save dara.

sunshine_angelbut if i was dara, i would be strong and hold my head up high because i didnt do anything wrong and since schools have cameras and video cameras that record everything, i would go back to the day that it happened and i would get the whole school together and play that video and then i would make them feel like ____ then i would walk out of their lives for a few years then come back looking all badass with new real friends that will always be there for me.

dorkirabit - just ask them to listen at me once, tell them what really happens..believe it or not its up to them....so that i dont have regret..if there really my friend they will know the real me..

myjane07I WILL TELL THEM WHAT REALLY HAPPEN IT'S FOR THEM IF THEY LIKE TO LISTEN AND ITS'D FOR THEM WHO THEY BELIEVE....AND I WILL NOT SAY SORRY EITHER IF I KNOW I DID'T DO ANYTHING WRONG...I WILL NOT BOTHER MYSELF TO BE CLOSE AGAIN COZ THEY DID'NT HEAR MY EXPLANATION AND THEY DID'NT LIKE TO BELIEVE IN ME...I FIND NEW FRIENDS

mhie013 - if i were on her position and no one listen to me.. hmmm i dont fukcing care. its their own funeral.

myjoyce1986- for me i will move on i will go leave that place and move on please i hope it will also happen she's already suffering so please i hope she will just leave and move on and let her friend know what really happen 

thisisKHIMChanges for Dara . I mean , let her move on, out of the country w/ new friends and act tough when she come back ! 

eamzkirei- if i'm in dara's situation, i would tell them the truth but if friends wont still believe me then ill just let them be. Eventualy truth will unfold.. 

DaraGonINSANE- I WILL DO NOTHING.. I'LL JUST PROVE TO THEM THAT WHAT THEY ARE THINKING IS WRONG.. THERE'S NO POINT IN EXPLAINING IF THEY WONT EVEN GIVE A DAMN ON YOUR SITUATION.. 

 

aeiya-luvs-u- as for my reaction, I read all your comments and most of you said that you'll go somewhere far. For me, doing that can only help you ease the pain but you can never be happy and satisfied with your life when you know that you left without solving the problems. And as for those who said to make new friends, well for me we can make new or tons of friends everyday but I can't let myself lose them even when they're stabbing me at my back. I will still try to talk to them about the issues/problems and solve it together. Maybe I am too nice as a friend, well I can't just throw them away because I started calling them as friends. Someone even said that they'll get their revenge. For me revenge is a personality, when you have revenge on your mind then you are trying your best to act cool, powerful, only at the outside but inside your heart lies the pain that can never be healed and that you can never move on.

 

Thanks to those who comments and answered my question, I appreciate it a lot. So here's my third question.

"Is SACRIFICE a prerequisite of love?"

 

Keep on smiling,

 

Aeiya-luvs-u