The Agony Of Losing

Bridge To His Heart

                                                     

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

“Yobosaeyo?” I answered.

 

“Jiyong. Please let’s talk” I heard her sobbing on the other line.

 

“I’m really sorry Kiko, but there’s nothing to talk about anymore. Please don’t think that you are the reason for all of this because it’s me. I am the problem”

 

“NO!! It’s that bitc- Dara’s fault. Have you forgotten that she pushed me off that stairs? How could you even love her after that? I was always with you, even until now. Please come back to me Ji” Her sobs grew louder.

 

Now I feel guilty but I love Dara before her. Yes, it’s true. I was a coward and didn’t let myself fall in love with my bestfriend, yet things turned into a disaster. I don’t want to hurt Kiko more than I had hurt her before. I cannot go back to her arms again just like before because I always knew that Dara holds my heart but doesn’t own it. It’s sad and I feel guilty for Kiko.

 

“Kiko, I loved you but now it’s different, I love Dara more and--”

 

I stopped when I saw a familiar black lambhorghini passed by and parked at the empty lot beside my car while I rest my back on my car door. I was about to proceed inside the club but Kiko already left me with lots of missed calls and so I decided to call her instead.

 

Without any words, I hanged up the phone and put it back on my pocket without saying goodbye. I don’t even know why I did that.

 

Finally the other car’s door opened and Dara came into view. I gaped and drool for she’s the most enchanting human on earth. Her dress is simple and decent looking, too different from her old self where she wore revealing clothes. Now she looks like an angel. It suits her perfectly. Her white printed tube dress that falls above her knees with her beige colored channel bag and her curled hair that falls on her back is too seductive for me. It’s as if she’s glowing.

 

I realized she was waving at me and is now walking towards me. I gulped when I saw her beautiful face nearing and nearing in front of me. It’s like she’s walking in a slow-motion mode. Amazing. I straightened my leather jacket and smiled at her. God please bless me with more self control for this woman is making me lose it.

 

I saw her smile and we hugged for a brief moment but then she reached for my cheek and left a kiss at the center. Well Bom, Minzy, CL, and other girls kiss me like that but it’s only Dara who makes my heart pound so hard with that simple gesture. So how do I even move on if she’s too enticing for my eyes.

 

“Hi Jiyong, are you alone? Where’s Kiko?”

 

Ohh, She didn’t know about what happened? I thought Bom already told her or the others already told her abot the breakup.

 

“I’m alone and Kiko is, ahmmn well we are --“ I stopped when both our eyes flew to the man who placed his arm around Dara’s waist while Dara gave him a loving smile. That hurts straight to the heart. I totally forgot that she have her man now, while I keep falling and falling in love with her.

 

Though I feel annoyed as to why she brought him here. This place is sacred for us, we built our friendship in here, everytime something new happen to us even if it’s good or bad, we meet here always. And now Dara have something new in her life so it’s alright to bring her man in our kingdom where I used to play as the King and she is my Queen.

 

“Long time no see Mr. Kwon” I saw him offered his hand.

 

I smiled as we handshake. “Yeah. Let’s just drop the honorific, should we?”

 

“Yes, I think we should. Anyway are we late? Dara really moves like a turtle that’s why” I saw Minho winked at Dara.

 

“That’s because you haven’t fixed your heater for the shower that’s why I need to boil some water first” she elbowed him.

 

My smile went weak knowing they both use the same shower or maybe they already living together in one roof. Oh well they already had right, so that’s nothing new. But it hurts big time!

 

“Why don’t we go inside now, shall we?” I faked a smile. I even saw both of them exchanged smiles and both their eyes are sparkling. Damn I’m out of place. I want to ask if they already living in one roof, but If I did,  they might think I’m jealous. Yes I am, yet it’s better to hide it.

 

Not long we entered the club while I followed the couples in front of me. I laughed at myself for I look like their ing chaperone. Me, the CEO of Kwon Hotels a chaperone? Definitely not my image. So I need to go first.

 

But before I did what I have in mind, I saw a lady getting Minho’s attention and I believe that girl is a celebrity. How come she doesn’t know me.

 

“Hey Eun Hye” Minho greeted but the lady swung her arms around him, slightly pushing Dara away from Minho. But It’s funny how Dara just smiled as if she wasn’t even pushed. She should be jealous right?

 

Aigoo, I think I’ll just go ahead first.

 

I walked towards Dara and get her attention while Minho is busy talking to the flirting girl who baby talks with him. “I’ll go ahead first” I said and smiled at her. Thank goodness she smiled back. “Do you want to go with me?” I asked with my loud voice ‘cause the music from underground is very loud. I almost bit my tongue for asking that. Of course she’s with her man so why did I ask.

 

“Sure, Minho’s a little busy anyway”

 

I gasped. For real?

 

I was about to take her hand but Minho pulled her close to him. “Let’s go together, Just give me five more  minutes alright”

 

“But”

 

“Dara!” Minho hissed leaving Dara confused. To me, it’s not confusing, he’s jealous of my presence that’s why he’s acting like that.

 

“Then I’ll go ahead” I faked a smile once more.

 

“Uh yeah, we’ll be there in a moment” She answered with a weak smile and I leave the alone.

 

So Minho could also get jealous like that huh. I didn’t know he’s possessive of Dara. Oh well, he’s just a man. Though it hurts.

 

______________________________________________

 

DARA’s POV

 

“Yah!! Minho yah, that was rude of you to shoo Jiyong like that” I said after we reached the VIP room before opening the door. Thank goodness the music from below won’t be that loud in VIP rooms on the second deck, so I will not shout for him to hear.

 

I frowned when I saw his worried face. What’s up with him? He’s not even listening to me instead, he’s glancing on his watch, then the doorknob, then back to me, then the door, and many more. What he’s showing me gives me this idea that something must have happened while I was away with Jiyong. Minho is not rude, he won’t shoo Jiyong like that just like what he did, except if there’s a reason why he did that. But what is that reason?

 

I then tug his sleeve to gain attention and finally he looked at me.

 

“What is it?” I whispered softly and gave him a trusting look. Though his voice was a little shaky. “Tell me what’s going on. I know you!” I hissed and crossed my arms. It took him minutes before he answered. Finally. I held his gaze locked on mine but still he looked down.

 

“The day you left with Jiyong, Melissa came by. Well we met at the cafe near our building and--”

 

“What! Mel’s here? I didn’t know about that. So where is she?”

 

“Yah!! Listen to me first, that time we met Chaerin and-”

 

He stopped when the door suddenly opened and Seungri was in front of us. “Oh noona. Long time no see” he greeted with a hug and shook Minho’s hand..

 

I smiled and hugged him too, he almost squeeze me to death. Actually, I saw Seungri as my little brother but now, he’s a man. His muscles in his arms are now firm and strong. He’s very handsome. Chaerin’s very lucky to have him.

 

After Seungri, the people on the room greeted me with hugs and kisses. My eyes flew to Bom and Chaerin who greeted me lastly, I don’t know why I felt tension between the three of us while Jiyong is seated beside TOP. Sadly, he isn’t looking at me anymore.

 

It was TOP’s turn to hug me and swirl me around. I gigled. Not long I walked to Bom and CL while dragging Minho on the empty seat. The guys already gave him a glass of opus one red wine and Minho hand me a glass of margarita mix.

 

“Thanks” I smiled and he leaned forward and whispered something.

 

“Wow, I’m out of place” He whispered so close to my ears that I gigled and brought my right hand to caress his jaw before we both sat. My eyes face the front and I felt awkward because we’re face to face. He drank all the contents of alcohol on his glass while his beautiful light brown orbs pierced deep on mine as he held it captured and never let it go.

 

I saw the pain in his eyes yet felt the anger as I felt chills down my spine. The smile left my lips and involuntarily bit the lower lip. I don’t know why I did that as I saw Jiyong glared at me. There’s something in his eyes that tells me how he doesn’t like what I did. What the hell did I do?

 

I broke the eye contact when TOP poured another content of red one on his glass. I awkwardly smiled at Minho when I felt his hand over my shoulder.

 

We talked, sang, dance to the beat and drank for almost an hour and a half. It was Seungri whom was the center of this occasion for he got promoted. It’s a good thing that Jiyong and I made it today. I was planning to make a little white lie so that I could stay another day with Jiyong at the village.

 

Truth is, I miss him. I felt the need to stop him from leaving when we got back to Seoul. I failed to talk to him as he slept during the ride home. I still need to talk to him, but looks like tonight is not a good time either for he looks a bit tipsy. Most of the guys too, except Minho. Though Minho’s a bit anxious today and I feel him very attentive to me. He pours me my 6th glassess of margarita also with Bom and CL’s when it’s empty.

 

Two things I’m sure of, first: Minho wants me drunk. It’s weird as to why he kept pouring content on my glasses while he stopped Seungri from refilling his now empty glass. Actually, he let’s me get drunk if I wanted to, sometimes we both like to get drunk and goes home wasted but happy, but today is different. He never push me to get drunk. For now, I shouldn’t complain and just let him. He failed to talk what’s bothering him a while ago until now. I even tried to excuse both of us just to talk but he refused my offer and all I could do was to shrug.

 

Second: Bom and CL are both exchanging looks as if telepathically communicating to each other. We talked and laugh from strories and shares from the guys but I saw how Bom only giggles and just grin where in fact she laughs so loud that feels like she’s out of breath whenever she do it. CL too. I even caught Bom’s eyes on Minho everytime but in just seconds.Minho did the same as her and will drop his eyes towards me.

 

Somethings really off here. Jiyong’s been staring at me, glaring whenever Minho leaned his head towards me while he whisper. I tried to endure the weirdness of tonights event for the sake of Seungri. I want to confront CL, Bom, and Minho as to why the three of them exchanges weird looks. I can’t even blame Jiyong from watching me for I too can’t resist those beautiful orbs that I fell in love with since we were young.

 

But screw Jiyong for now, my head is filled of his name as if screwing my mind and find myself lost in his eyes. Instead, I shoud find the answer on every questions that’s running inside my head. If both of them needs my help then they can always talk to me. I can see it on their faces that they want to talk to me. Maybe it’s not something big deal. Right?

 

But why do I feel like I’m out of breath? It’s like I’m being suffocated. It’s weird I know.

 

I tried to capture Bom’s attention. “Bom” I whispered and almost leaned a little forward so that she could hear me. I saw the way her lips trembled and bit her lower lip as soon as she saw my questioning look on her.

 

“D-do you want another drink?” She returned and drop her gaze on the ground after I tried to capture it. I knew it! She even turned to CL on her other side and CL also peek at me but to only stare away when she saw mine.

 

“You know what I want Bom. What is it? I know that you and CL are dying to talk to me. Then please tell me” I said and gave her a sincere smile. She didn’t smile back and nod her head, not letting her eyes found mine.

 

“Dara, ahmm... About your--”

 

“Babe, your drunk right? Let’s go home” But Minho cut her up. My head flew to him in a flash with my mouth apart. What the hell? Babe? Did he just call me babe? Does Bom, CL and Minho have the same issue? Wait, I think I remember Minho mentioned Chaerin before he was cut by his wordsa little while ago.

 

“Minho, I’m not drunk. A little tipsy but I’m still sane” I still give him a smile and pat his thigh. I’ll talk to him later as to why he’s acting like this. I want to know Bom’s first. I turned to face Bom once again but before I let her continue, Minho roughly grabbed my wrist and pulled me to face him on my left.

 

“No! Let’s go home” His voice got rough and anger could be heard.

 

“But--” I hissed and now glared at him in curiosity and rage. I have never seen him like this. His grip on my left wrist is so tight that my knucles turned white. He already stood on his feet and pulled me to him. “Minho, what’s your problem?” I tried to whisper those words on him but ended up half yelling.

 

I bit my lower lip when I felt the room turned quiet and the tension grew more. Oops. I don’t wanna make a seen. I know Minho doesn’t love attention on him or even gather attention, but the way he look at me gave me the idea that he’s angry.

 

“Minho, What is it?” I tried to ask after glancing at Jiyong who tilted his head a bit while glaring at Minho.

 

“Trust me Dara, Let’s go home now!” he captured my gaze as he tried to send me a message from his beautiful dark brown eyes. Aside from the anger he expresses, inside him I know I’ve seen fear and..., pain? He shook his head left and right but softly as possible.

 

I want to say more, but I stopped when he hold my hand and tightly held it with his as he dragged me away. He’s trembling and the way he looked at me gave me an idea of what was coming. I trembled and my mind is filled with the memories I tired to hide. Like it was on a small treasure box but someone wants to have a peek on it.

 

NO!! NO!! JUST NO!!! I will even beg or get on my knees just to tell them to stop!

 

I felt Minho squeeze my hands and I know he felt the trembles from me. I already know that all eyes are on us. My gaze went to peek at him. Jiyong. I saw the pain and anger in it as he straightened on his seat. The guys already stood up as Bom and CL did the same. I watched all of them and anger suddenly pump in my heart. The pain of the past. Tears are threatening to flow out my eyes but I held it in place. It’s a hundred times more painful to hide your tears behind your lids than to get cuts and bleed.

 

I wanna scream from the pain but I felt my body become heavier as Minho pulled me towards the door, away from my so called-friends. I felt my knees weakened. I might drop on my knees and lie down on the cold floor, curled my body like a fetus and cry all day and night if Minho fail to get me out of here.

 

Just two steps away from the door, it’s ing near but how come it looks so ing far. I want to run so ing fast but how come my body won’t ing move?

 

“What’s happening?” I heard Seungri spat and was about stop me. I avoided him but I failed to avoid Bom’s hand on my arm. How could she stop me when I was so looking forward to get out. Minho already opened the door and just 1 step forward, just 1 ing step, I will be free from the impending doom.

 

“Dara” Bom’s voice trembled as if she’s crying. Still I won’t look at her or anyone of them. I heard CL as if stopping Bom but her hand on my arm tightened even more, will never let me go. I didn’t pull my hands off of her tight grasp because my eyes are already focused on the door which is now widely open before my eyes.

 

But I failed! Eyes on the ground as I saw that door closed once again and felt Minho cover me from the looks they are giving me. I trembled even more as I remember how they looked at me when they shoo me away almost 7 years ago. I thought I won’t remember it anymore but right now it is flashing on my mind as if I have a ing projector on my ing brains. I felt the comfort Minho is trying to give me as his hand on my head, push it fraily on his wide muscled chest, buried my face on the comfort of his as if I needed it. His other hand’s on my lower back, totally covering me from the threat. But, I can never hold him back nor thank him of protecting me because I’m already lost in the pain and the flashbacks. The tears are almost leaking out of my eyes, blurring my vission, yet I didn’t let it fall.

 

My body got frozen inside the comfort of Minho, eyes still glued on the black cold tiled floor. I heard him uttered something but I did not heard it clearly anymore. Right now, I want to rip my ears off of me, if I only have a ing volume button, I will surely press that ing silent button mode. If only I can snap my finger and sleep as long as the pain disappeared, but damn it’s just a wish, and not all ing wishes do come true.

 

“Let her go Bom” Finally I heard Minho’s word. He already pushed Bom’s hand away from me before he covered me with his body. I heard footsteps towards Bom and I know it’s TOP, shushing Bom to stop crying. Though Bom’s sobs are lethal but I still held the tears inside.

 

“When-?” Her voice is loud and clear in my head as if the ing volume button on my ears are turned into the max. Why the hell her voice got loud when I want to turn the button to min? Here she goes.

 

“Don’t do it Bom. Please! I beg you”

 

“No Minho. You must understand!” Bom said in between her sobs.

 

“What the hells going on? Explain?” Daesung let out whom I know he’s on the door blocking the way out.

 

Silent came after and I already know what will happen. I even know that it’s getting near. I can feel the pounding of my heart as I clearly hear Minho’s. It’s getting near.

 

No! It’s already here.

 

“!” I cursed and balled my fist, nails digging on my flesh and soon it will bleed, right at the moment when Bom said the rest she wanted to say.

 

“When do you plan to tell us that you have a son Dara? How long do you plan to hide it from us?”

 

There it goes. I closed my eyes and embrace the pain. My eyes is filled with tears and still I held it inside. I felt Minho’s pounding heart as I felt the pounding of my heart weaken. My breath almost left my lungs and I don’t know how to beg for them to come back. I felt myself get pushed tightly on Minho’s warm body as I heard him spitting words and curses.

 

“ you all!!” He cursed so loud but no one dare to say a word. “Don’t ing get near her!” he said as I heard footstep going towards me.

 

“Dara have a son??” Seungri and Youngbae muttered as if reminding me of him.

 

Oh yeah, I have a son. No, I think the term is wrong.

 

I had a son. Yes, that term is the right one.

 

His name is Ryujin, my little dragon son just like the meaning of his beautiful name, the dragon God, which came from the alias of his father, Kwon Jiyong - his birth name. GD, its what his friends call him. God Dragon, the meaning of his alias. Dragon God, is what he really is. The highest rank animal that turned to become a monster as what the Chinese believe in.

 

“Ryujin” I whispered softly and painfully under my breath. Just my little boy’s name made my tears dropped on the solid ground even though my eyes are tightly closed, perfectly sealed. The air went back and I felt myself breath once again. My heart pumped so fast again as I loosened myself from the stiffness and needed Minho’s warmth so bad that I thank him for offering, though I can’t embrace him back for my hands still on my side, hanging lifelessly.

 

Ryujin, my precious son, my baby, how are you? I miss you so much my dear.

 

****

 

“I’m happy because you smile mommy. I will cry if you cry mommy. So promise me mom, don’t cry for me when I’m gone. Don’t cry because I’m going away to the paradise in the storybook, it will make me sad. Uncle Minho said I must be strong because mommy is like a superhero and I want to be like you and be a strong superhero too. Saranghaeyo omma. Blew me a kiss to daddy Chiyong”

 

“I want to sleep now mommy. Don’t wake me up anymore because my chest hurts when I’m awake. I will miss you but don’t worry because grandma and grandpa will take care of me. But if you miss me, just say our magic word”

 

“I’m sleepy. If you miss me....., say our magic word”

 

“Don’t cry........., promise?......., - say our magic word?”

 

“Our magic wor-----”

                       

His tiny voice echoed inside my head. His fragile image and the smile he showed me after he fell asleep, knowing he will never wake up are slowly flashing right in front of me. It’s happening again!! The pain!! It’s too much.

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm back guys. I'll update the next chap in two days or three. Depends on your comments.. So comment below. Thank you for patiently waiting. I will forever love you.

 

 

Does it bother you if your partner has friends with the opposite ? Why?

 

newbie_me i think i wouldnt mind as long as its just friends and theres no over the top action between them....i do admit i'll definately get jealous once in a while..hihihi

           -I thinks so too. It's really hard to trust even if it's someone you love. Sometimes they tend to rely on that trust but ended up making them a fool for trusting too much. Sad.

 

wenkie0414 I don't have any problem with it.. Honestly my partner have a lot of female friends and they are also my friends.. I am a jealous kind of woman but i know where i stand. Well we girls have this gut feeling when it comes to someone whom we felt wants what we have, like flirt or you know wants to be with them.. i am a very straight forward person if i hate you i will tell you.. i did it before and well she was shock LOL.. But well if you have trust in your partner you don't mind having him friends in the opposite . Well i am too i got a lot of male friends so i think it is fair.

          -Good to hear that dear. At least I know that you trust your partner so much. But be more smart when it comes to TRUST. 

 

Miss_Prei I don't have a partner or the like, so I can't really prove that whatever my opinion will be is what I'm really going to feel but I think I'm not going to be bothered that much. I have a lot of male friends and if my partner will be bothered by it and asks me to distance myself from them I would be hurt because as my friends always say, "Friends before Hoes" >.< 
     And if I will be bothered or if I was bothered by it, I'll just tell him. I'm frank. If I don't like something and I'm in the position to tell it, I would. Haha. I don't like what the dramas show that the main character will just keep mum and lose their lover just because they didn't fought for their love or was too afraid of telling what really happened or what they really feel. So yeah. Most things will be solved by communication.

          -Wow, that so much for experience-less girl like you. I love the way you think and I'm thumbs up for that. Let me just share my own experience. I am also frank like you and I thought I will never lose my man. I loved reading books and watch heavy-drama movies and I also hate some stories of those main character who ended up- well yeah a loser. I thought I will never be a one stupid character of my own story, but sadly, I was. I fell in love so deeply, I trust the guy so much that I lost him because of that trust. You'll never know what you'll become if you fell in love so deeply. Now I learned from my mistakes. I will never promise to myself that I will not give my 100% affection, because in reality, you will fall so hard. If that happens, all I could do is to be smart. That made me sigh. HAHA

 

Yeorubun!!! Please give me inspiration to finish this story!!! *sigh

 

 

For my 36th question,

"Is there a difference between hiding from keeping? I want to hear your own opinion not the definition"

 

 

 

Keep on smiling,

 

Aeiya-luvs-u