It Ain't Easy To Confess

Bridge To His Heart

 

                                                   Image result for one sided love quotes

 

DARA's POV

 

Silence came after my cheek got numbed from the impact of his slap.

 

The silence is killing me, and they are watching me with their stabbing gaze that looks like they want to kill me right now, as if I did a crime that needs to be thrown away, in hell maybe.

 

I am asking myself what the hell did I do wrong to receive this kind of treatment?? I know I’m a brat!, what Dara wants, Dara gets, Hell yeah! I turned to be this kind of girl I really am not. I don't even know why?But when it comes to him, I do crazy things. It started after meeting that witch. I usually share what is mine but now I don't, specially not him of course. Never! He's mine. But is this the punishment for hoping, praying, and begging for him to be mine?

 

Am I really not allowed to love him, my dear best friend?

 

KWON, JIYONG.

 

'God, Please make everyone mad at me, but please not him. I beg you!' I pray.

 

I caressed my now swelling cheek. I am already on the floor right after I received that physical abuse that I don't deserve. Damn! my best friend slap me. Even my other friends are looking at me with hate and it hurts so much that I couldn't imagine. I wish for pain to disappear right now but the pain reached my heart that I'm afraid I might not forget. 

 

He was looking at me with hate in his smoky eyes, totally devastated. It hurts even more knowing I am the one who caused it. But I am being misunderstood here, for Gods sake.

 

I have never been physically abused before, But right now it was from the man I love. He is my first love that turns to be my first heartbreak.

 

"J-Ji.. I love you" I let out a stuttering voice while looking at him straight in the eyes. Tears continuously flowing down my cheeks, pleading for his forgiveness even if I have no idea what I did wrong.

 

"How could you do that to Kiko??" He said with pain totally painted on his handsome face, ignoring my confession.

 

There it goes that -slash-witch's name. How I wish to slice off that tongue of her and scratch her face with my perfect nails so that Jiyong will realize how ugly she was. She's a witch! She uses poison to get what she wants.

 

"It wasn't me Ji, but she deserved that!!" I hit back. My voice came a little louder but it is not my intention to talk back at him, as what it sounds like, I am just mad! I must clean my name and explain everything to them but the anger whenever I hear that witch name makes me indignant.

 

I heard whispers and groans from my other friends or maybe cursing me at my back.

 

"Does she deserve to be hospitalized Dy or did you do it because you were jealous? How could you do this to me? How could you say you love me at a time like this? Tell me Dy, What the do you know about love? Damn it!" he cursed.

 

What do I know about love? Damn that hurts so much. I close my eyes and covered my mouth with my hands to conceal my sobs.

 

Looks like I turned to be the villain here. I am totally misunderstood and as much as I wanted to explain everything of what happened, I fell silent and shed more tears. Am I really that for him to look at me with those stabbing eyes? Did I lose the battle to win his heart? How could he ask me of what I know about love when I did everything I could just to win his heart? 

 

I will not let that witch have my best friend. He's mine! I love him even now. No one can make him smile the way he smile at me. If I turned out to be the villain here, well I'm used to it nowadays anyway. The pain and anger are already mixed in my blood and it's making me numb.

 

Still with trembling knees, I stand up and broke the silence.Though my tears are pouring down like rain.

 

"I love you more than myself Ji, I became different just for you to look at me, to feel the change in me. I become someone I am not Jiyong-ah because everytime I cross the bridge to your heart, you run away or is it just me? You treat me like I am the only woman in your world but why do I feel that I am not allowed to love you?" Finally I let it out. The question's been bugging me lately.

 

He looked away and put his hands on his pocket. "Yes you're not allowed because you are my best friend" 

 

Best friend huh? his words goes straight to my heart and another dose of pain caused my heart to beat painfully on my chest. The cries that I tried to conceal are now free. I sob.

 

"But I love you Jiyong" I whispered and bent down my head. I don't want to raise my white flag yet. I'm just in-love.

 

"You're love almost killed Kiko. She's my girlfriend for God's sake Dara! All I want is an explanation and apology not your love!" he said aloud and full of hatred. He turn around and raked his hair in frustration and kicked the sofa near him.

 

I saw our friends mumbled bad words directed to me but I just ignore them. I turn to Bom, my girl bestfriend. I trust her and I know she understand.

 

"Apologize to Jiyong and Kiko Dara, please!" Bom said with tears streaming down her cheeks.'

 

Even Bom don't believe me? Everyone in this room see me as the villain, seriously? It hurts so much that I cried even more.

 

"No! I didn't do anything wrong alright. It's her fault! She did that to hers-" I stopped.

 

Bom slapped me that now I feel so numb. My eyes slowly reached her gaze and I know she's hurt as well. "Stop it Dara. We were there when it happened. We saw everything so how could you turn the table to Kiko when she's the one who almost got killed?"

 

"Bommie, you-" I whispered painfully. I can't believe this is happening just because of that witch.

 

Top, Bom's boyfriend pulled her away from me as Bom is crying loud as well.

 

"You disappoint us noona. How could you" It was Seungri's voice now. I adore him for his charming smile and cuteness.

 

Why is this happening? No one believes me. No one's on my side now. Do I deserve this for turning into someone I am not? I am vain but I am not violent. How could they accuse of something I am not? Why are they not listening to me? Don't they trust me? Am I really the here?

 

So many questions running through my head.

 

"I am willing to forget everything that happened today" Jiyong tiredly said. I looked at him and it hurts me seeing him like this. But the word 'forget' makes me scared. "If you can't apologize to me then just apologize to my girlfriend Dy"

 

Damn you ! This is all your fault Kiko! Go to hell!

 

"Never!" I yelled in pain and frustration. It hurts that no ones on my side even Jiyong whom I trust so much. He's even willing to forget my confession and just act like nothing happened just for Kiko? Does he love her that much? How could he!

 

"Then leave my house. I don't want to see you right now"

 

What?

 

"I told you I didn't do anything-" I explained but he won't let me.

 

"Leave!"

 

I stood frozen on the ground, eyes locked to his. He turned so cold and his eyes lost it's glow. He looked lifeless when in fact I'm the one who should be. I want to explain what happened but his heart closed it's door on me. 

 

Am I going to be left alone once again? my parents left me since I was five. My brother becomes the heir of my parents company and so he travels from country to another and barely goes home. So I grew up alone. Only Jiyong was there. He promised to stay with me but looks like he's failing to do so. I never imagined that this day will come. I can't bare the pain anymore. I'm hurting so much.

 

Even my other friends fell silent and no one wants me to stay. Bom is still crying on Top's chest but she doesn't even want me to stay. 

 

My tears poured on the ground. Looks like I'm left alone once again. I bent down my head and took a step backwards. A step that turns into two then next thing I knew, I was outside his house and away from him.

 

It was my driver who covered me from the coldness outside and drove me home. I am broken, alone, and scared of the unknown.

 

But I am still hoping that tomorrow they will forgive me. We are all in pain right now but maybe tomorrow, just maybe they will forgive me, maybe someday he'll love me back.

 

___________________________________________

 

FLASHBACK (Dara's)

 

"Two faced !" I smirked and crossed my arms on my chest.

 

"W-what?”

 

I blocked her path and confront her. Her two girl friends on her side crossed their arms and looked at me with fury. Ever since I met the witch, this two girls always gave me the look of disgust. So I did the same. I smell something fishy around them since the begining and found out that my hunches were right.

 

I even woke up too early and went to school just to confront Kiko of her poisonous deeds. Too bad I already know her dirty little secret. If only I could slap her ugly face but I don't want to cause a movie scene. I just want to teach her a lesson. I am not that bad anyway even if I heard others call me that lately.

 

I then faced Kiko and smirk.

 

"You heard me!! Don’t make me repeat it again or I will, you two faced !" I snapped, raised my brow and rolled my eyes. How I want to award her right this very moment as the BEAST actress of the year.

 

‘I-I don’t understand, why are you acting this way Sandara?’ Kiko said innocently. How annoying.

 

"I know your dirty secret you dirty little witch! so you better leave Jiyong before I tell him the truth" I returned.

 

"What truth?"

 

Wow! Is she really testing my patience?? Could somebody bind me on a post or else I’ll kick her ugly !

 

I saw her friend reach for my face, almost scratch me or worse punch me but the witch stopped her. I laughed. That's what I am waiting for anyway, if they hurt me first then I'll go for the kill.

 

"Sandara please stop this!"

 

"Stop you say? I thought you want to know the truth I was talking about. Do you really want me to spit the out and let other people know about your split personality ?" I'm enjoying this convo very much. I have been dying to do this since I met her.

 

"Why are you doing this?" she calmly responded, as if a holy spirit was inside her body and acting too pure and innocent when in fact she's evil. A walking catastrophe.

 

"Dont you dare put that innocent face or God forgive me if I want to scratch it until you bleed"

 

Next thing I knew, I was pushed by her friend that made me stumble and took a step backward. "Hey, don't you dare talk that way to our friend here you !"

 

"Why don't you talk to the wall and it like a good puppy that you are. I'm talking to your evil friend here so off puppy!" I swore to Kiko's friend. One versus three huh? I'm ready to take them down and looks like I'm winning the battle.

 

Gossips began and students were already crowding us, waiting for a bloody scene. I smirked. Perfect! now it's time for me to unfold the mystery of this two-face witch and tell the whole school about her dirty secrets.

 

"Yah! Park, Sandara you better watch your tongue you leech! See the difference between you and our friend here? She's the girlfriend and you're only the best friend. Looks like you're forgetting that part so you better know your position, leech".

 

! truth hurts. I was about to pull her hair off her scalp but Kiko stopped us before we cause a much awaited scene.

 

"Hara! leave us be, I'll be alright" Kiko commanded the two puppies and they both wagged their tails and did what their told just like a good puppies they really are."Sandara why are you doing this? I thought we're friends?" She began to face me wearing her innocent other self.

 

"Friends? We will never be friends alright specially now that I found out your secret. Remember what happened yesterday at COEX mall around 9:00 in the evening?" I spilled out.

 

There I saw her paused and eyes wide in shock. I could only smirk.

 

"Sandara you--" 

 

I know she's about to curse me from the way her lips trembled and her hands balled into fists. Come on girl! fight me! Show them who you really are. Yet she's fighting not to.

 

"Want me to continue? well, a luxury cafe inside where I saw you alone, but then someo--"

 

"Stop this Sandara, you are being insane" She yelled and her voice is louder now, cutting me off.

 

"Insane?" Where the hell does that word come from? What does she mean by that? This !.

 

I am getting into her veins, l'm sure of it but she continued the act of innocence which makes me really mad.

 

"You are making up a story. Please don't embarass yourself. I care for you" she added.

 

her! I can't believe what I am hearing right now. She's accusing me of making a story? What the hell. The witch really is a witch. My blood is now boiling with anger that I want to punch her until she cough out blood. How dare her turn the table on me!

 

"Yah! Kiko Mizuhara. You better stop the act 'cause I still have enough bullets on my pocket and all I need is to shoot. So you better confess your sins or I will!" I point my forefinger on her and glared.

 

She paused once again and right now I saw anger all over her face. I know she's cursing me to death in her thoughts. I grinned. I'm winning.

 

Few seconds past and the anger on her face subsided. She now puts on yet again her other self. The innocent one. "Dara, what did I do for you to hate me?" she uttered aloud to gain more attention. I know what she's trying to do here and I need to stop her before it gets bloody.

 

"Yah!" I yelled in pain. I was about to tell everyone what I saw that night even show everyone a proof that I'm telling the truth when suddenly she reach for my right arm and dig her nails to my flesh. Too bad the audience took it as if the witch is trying to calm me down but for me, she's already hurting me. "!" I mocked as I try to free my arm.

 

"What did you say?"

 

"Hands off me witch! Yah!" I struggle free but Kiko tighten her grip that I curse in pain. I didn't know she has this kind of strength with her for it really hurts as if someone bit me hard. 

 

I was about to slap her when she caught my free arm and did the same to my poor arm. I wiggled free but her hold tightens even more that if feels like it is going to bleed soon.

 

"You leave me no choice Kiko. I will go tell everything to Jiyong and let's see if he sided with you because I'm a hundred percent sure that he will believe me rather than you. So you better free my arms right now! You are hurting me you witch!" I yelled in so much pain.

 

"I'm not hurting you. You're the one who was about to slap me. Does this mean you have feelings for my boyfriend? he's your best friend Sandara! So please don't make a fake story just because you are jealous!" she said louder than before, making everyone gasp and they all started whispering.

 

The witch really is putting up a good show making me the villain here. I wince in pain and I saw blood running out from my skin. I saw her smirk upon seeing the red liquid staining her teeth-like nails. But another point goes to her again for her nails are painted with bloody red color which means only the both of us knows I'm bleeding.

 

" you!" I yelled in anger and push her so hard, aiming to inflict pain.