One More Night

Bridge To His Heart

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

I felt someone shook me by the shoulders that made me open my eyes. I’m too sleepy that it’s hard for me to lift my lids up. “What?” I groaned.

 

“Yah!! We’re here” I heard Jiyong’s voice and felt him flicked his finger on my forehead. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? Are you going to let the old man wait for you to wake up??”

 

Hearing him said that, I hastily sat up straight and walk out the car. It’s a good thing that uncle was already waiting outside the car while Jiyong was standing in front on the car’s door, opening the door for me. I yawn and I can’t help it and went to check if I have something on my eyes.

 

“Yah! Can’t sleep last night?”

 

I suddenly looked at him and shook my head. “No, I mean I fell asleep early. M-maybe I’m still t-tired. Hehe” I lied and saw him nod his head and walk towards uncle who already asked the address inside the  postal office. Oh my goodness I’m so tardy.  Leaving the truck, I accidentally  tripped and landed on the ground with my knees and my palms in contact with the oh so hard road. “Ouch!” I gasped and growl in pain.

 

“Really Dara, you’re such a kid!” I saw Jiyong ran towards me and helped me stood on my feet. I was about to dust off my jeans but it was Jiyong who did it for me. “Are you okay?” I heard him asked and I shook my head yes even if he’s not looking at me, but focused on dusting my pants, and I can only stare at his black smooth hair.

 

“Y-ye” I whispered and now he’s dusting both of my hands with his. I caught a glimpse of his expression but it tells me how worried he was. I gulped and bit my lower lip. Here it goes again, my heart is thumping so loud again. He wasn’t even looking at me and it’s a good thing he isn’t, for I think I am blushing.

 

This is my Jiyong. The sweet and caring bestfriend of mine. Bestfriend?

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to be careful? Aigoo. Are you sure you’re alright?”

 

 He now looked at me in the eye, waiting for my answer. I think I even blushed more when I felt him tightened his hold on my hand and not letting it go. I took a glance at our entwined hands and maybe he realized what I am thinking for I felt him freeing my hand from his grasp. At that few seconds, both of us felt awkward and it’s thanks to uncle who went to approach us.

 

“Are you alright my child? Aigoo. You really look  so tired, do you want to rest for now?” He asked with worry. I smiled and nod my head to him.

 

“I’m really fine uncle besides, I always tripped like that” I uttered but somehow lied, not always alright.

 

“True enough” Jiyong whispered beside me, just enough for me to hear. I took a glance at him and glare. Is he mocking me again?

 

“Are you sure?” the old man asked and pat my back gently.

 

“Deh ahjussi”

 

******

 

“I’m really sorry my dear but this address no longer exist. A lot of buildings per buildings were built in mid 70’s here, and there was an accident as well happened here at the main office that we lose the old maps. But anyway, I can only give you the dong (a place) but I can’t help you with the street” the lady said.

 

I nod at her sadly. Uncle was right, the address no longer exist and she told us that Seomyeon name is the old name and now have a new name, though people still call this place as Seomyeon. “Thank you” I bowed and smiled at the lady after she gave me a building address which is 21 km away from here, a 45 minute drive again. Aigoo. I never thought this place is kind’a big.

 

I left the office and went to approarch Jiyong and Uncle. They were leaning on the truck and chatting. They look like a father and son. I should have brought my camera with me. Shame.

 

It was uncle who saw me first and gave me a smile. “You got what you need my dear?” He uttered and saw Jiyong looked at me as well.

 

“Failed, you’re right uncle, it no longer exist but the lady gave me an address, she told me that maybe they can help us. The only problem is it’ll be a 45 minute drive” I bent my head down. I really want to go there but I have no money and I can’t ask uncle to drive us th--.

 

“Then hop in and let’s go there” I gasped and grin. Uncle’s an angel.

 

“Really? Thank you so much uncle, how can I repay you?” I clapped and jump a bit in excitement.

 

He smiled at me and I am planning to give him a hug, but before doing it, Jiyong already clinged his arms around my shoulders. “Yeobo, don’t you think we’re wasting too much of uncle’s time? He must be back in the village before 2:00 this afternoon for the harvest and it’s already 11:00 babe”

 

He’s right, now I pout and sadly agree with Jiyong. I really want to see my grammy’s homeland. Still, we can always go back some other time. For now, I have to let it go. I’ve been stealing a lot of this old man’s time and lying to him from time to time. I can only sigh and lean a little on Jiyong’s arm. Though I felt him pull me closer or maybe it’s just my imagination.

 

“Oh come and hop in, no more buts!!” the old man smirked and went to the driver seat and was waiting for us.

 

Both Jiyong and I glance at each other. Stubborn as he is, he still said the word... “But uncle?”

 

“Let’s go then, come on you two. Just say thank you and it’s enough. Come on” He was smiling to us and I already clapped my hands and walked inside the truck. Jiyong also gave in but he was glaring at me. His ego is kicking in again.

 

Not long we left the place.

 

________________________________________

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

“Looks like this is it. I’ll take my leave first. I’m really sorry” The old lady who works at the agency told us. I looked at Dara whose mouth’s hanging open with sadness in her eyes. After 45 minutes of ride she was hoping and excited but now disappointed and sad.

 

Who wouldn’t get sad when the lot of her grammy’s now a public toilet. Of all the places, why public toilet?

 

I bowed down at the old lady who helped us and saw uncle pat Dara’s back gently and without words. He is so kind. I cannot even comfort her, I don’t know what to do. I just don’t want to see her cry.

 

She walked past me and walked closer to the public toilet. There are few people coming out there but because Dara’s standing in front, they were looking at her and some are chuckling. I looked the other way and glared at the two girls whose chuckling. I was about to yell at them but I found myself gaping as I felt Dara’s arms around my waist, her head buried on my chest, holding me so tightly. She was crying.

 

“Grammy, this is so sad” She whispered.

 

Without words, I just hold her close. I too am disappointed knowing grammy’s old house is now a public toilet. It’s sad but the world is revolving, tomorrows become past, and time moves too fast. I placed my lips on her forehead as she continue sobbing. I never thought I could hear her cries again. After her return, she looks tough and I thought she would never let me see her like this. Though I really don’t want to see her cry.

 

“I’ll buy you two a drink” I heard uncle and felt him pat my shoulder. I nod my head to him and pat Dara’s back. Though people are watching us, specially in this country skinship is forbidden, but I don’t care.

 

I began to sway our bodies to calm her. I am too sad for her and I know Dara’s in pain. We were always told by grammy about her childhood life and her home but all of it was now a toilet. Aigoo, what a fate.

 

“I miss her Ji, mom and grammy” she uttered as I felt her calm down.

 

“I miss her too Dara” I whispered and hold her closer. I hope this way, I can comfort her.

 

________________________________________

 

DARA’s POV

 

“Here we are”

 

I gasped when uncle uttered and found us already parking at the train station. It’s already 2:00 in the afternoon and uncle is needed in the village right now, but what did we do? We wasted his time. I sighed.

 

Truth is, I don’t want to go home yet. I want to stay more but I’m too dependent on uncle, he was so nice and good to us. Besides, I too already been wasting Jiyong’s precious time. He’s been cold to me after that night,  but a while ago I felt him there, I mean I felt him as if he was always here with me. How come his embrace makes me calm so easily. It’s too diffrent with Minho.

 

Damn, I must not compare them!!! Stupid me!  *hit head.

 

“Dara, are you okay my dear?” Uncle asked while I saw him and Jiyong looking at me with worries. My eyes found my reflection on the rear view mirror and my nose is still so red from the crying session I got a while ago. I nod my head and walk out the truck sadly.

 

Jiyong followed but he’s been quiet this whole ride. I clutch the train ticket inside my small tote bag and bent my head down.

 

“Aigoo you two. Anyway, you still have plenty of time to enjoy this place but I have to go back to the village now. Will you be alright?” uncle asked while standing in front of me with a smile on his lips.

 

I felt him reach for both of my hands and tightly hold it. I smiled at him and nod my head. “Thank you so much uncle. Though I still want to stay more but I think my husband is needed in his office. I promise that i’m going to pay the expenses you lent to us. We will never forget this kindness you gave to us. Thank you so much” A tear escaped in my eyes again and I embraced him as he embraced me.

 

“Oh dear, I don’t need a payment in return. I just want you two to be happy”

 

“I am happy. We are happy” I uttered and broke the embrace. I looked at Jiyong and I frowned. He looks so deep in thoughts. “Ji, I mean honey are you okay? Don’t you want to say goodbye to uncle?”

 

I bit my lips when he didn’t even look at me and just bent his head down to uncle. It hurts. Now he’s back to being cold. I don’t want that.

 

But why is he giving uncle a formal bow?

“I’m really sorry uncle, but could you spare us another day to go back to the village? I promise to fully compensate the expenses and the time you have given to us.” He uttered while bowing.

 

I covered my mouth hearing him say that. He was even bowing while talking to him. Uncle looked at me as I looked a him. I have no idea why Jiyong want to stay for one more day. He was already whining that he has a meeting today and tomorrow. But why? What’s his reason as to why he wants to stay here for another day?

 

I then felt Jiyong hold my hand and brought it to his lips, a very sweet gesture that can make all the girls melt. What the heck is he doing? I’m confused.

 

“I just need to see my wife smile more before we go” He continued.

 

Is that why Ji? He even captured my gaze and held it to his. He is making my heartbeat beat fast, so much as if I’m running. God, he can’t do this to me. What’s gotten into him? Why is he acting like this? It’s making me weak.

 

I bit my lower lip, I must not think that this is real for I know he’s just acting. But the way his eyes glows and stare at my eyes feels as if this is real.

 

“I see. Tell me how much do u love your wife?” Uncle asked.

 

What the? That’s a random question. Aigoo. What to do? I must do something or else it might get awkward.

 

“I don’t really know how much, but I know I always want to make her happy”

 

What? He said that as if it was a normal thing for him to say, he’s not even hesitating nor thinking of an answer. Okay fine, I can feel that he still loves me but what’s stopping me from saying the real truth? That I love him too. What is it? Why is it so hard to tell him?

 

He broke the gaze first and I saw uncle smiled at me, nodding his head up and down. “Okay then let’s go” He began to walk his way to the driver seat.

 

“Thank you” Jiyong said but as soon as uncle turned his back, he drop my hand from his grasp and didn’t look at me anymore, instead he only open the backseat door of the truck for me.

 

“Ji” I whispered and somehow tugged the hem of his shirt, stopping him. I need to say something but he stopped me from doing so.

 

“Go inside Dara” He said without even looking at my direction. I want to ask a lot of things but maybe this isn’t the right time to talk. I want to tell him about what happened that night but maybe he doesn’t want to listen yet.

 

This is really confusing. He’s being the gentleman for a few minutes then going back to his cold and annoying self once again.

 

What do you really feel about me Ji? Do you still love me?

 

*****

 

I heard noises and laughter outside that made me open my eyes.

 

Yes, I was sleeping again! I squeeze both of my eyes gently and realized I was inside the truck alone. Omo!! Where are they?

 

There, I found them busy working at the field. Jiyong was with them and he’s the reason why the villagers are laughing. Looks like he was having a hard time reaching for apples for he was jumping and jumping. I smiled. He was smiling like a kid playing around and that made my heart flutter.

 

“What the hell am I doing!” I slap my thighs to punish myself form being a couch potato. I’ve been sleeping all this time. Well, that’s because Jiyong didn’t even talk to me again after we head back to the village that’s why i fell asleep. I have no one to talk to anyway. Aigoo.

 

Somewhere at the corner, I saw women villagers are on the shades of a huge tree packing the apples and some fruits in a fruit carton box  and others were bringing the finished product on a truck. I went to the women’s area and I saw uncles’s wife packing the apples. She caught my attention and hastily went towards me. I gasped when I felt her hugged me so tightly, even tapping my back..

 

“Aigoo you poor child. I heard from your husband about what happened. I’m really sorry about that my dear” The old lady whispered near my ears and broke the hug just to reach for my cheeks. She looked worried so I gave her a smile. I must not let this lady get worried of me for it’s not worth it. She muse always smile.

 

“It’s really okay Auntie. At least I get to see you again. Thanks to my husband” I respond.

 

“Yes. He said you were really tired. I was right, you really didn’t sleep last night did you? Are you afraid of your first night with your husband?” And she said it so loud that the other women blushed and whistled while laughing at me.

 

“Don’t be afraid child. You must not let your husband wait for you. Man don’t really have a long patience my dear” A lady uttered at the corner and I bowed to her and to the others while I was blushing. I knew it.

 

They laughed. Partly true though, it’s our first night after 7 years, to sleep together I mean..

 

Not long, auntie introduce me to the workers and they were so good to me. Not too long after that, uncle called out my name from afar and signaled that he would like me to come to them.

 

Reaching the area full of men, he introduced me to the workers and I saw Jiyong’s being elbowed by the other guys while whispering something to him. He just smiled but each time my eyes caught his gaze, he would look the other way. Why is he being cold now after that heart warming speech he did a while ago.

 

“Show us a proof!! Kiss!! K-I-S-S-I-N-G” they began to tease.

 

“No! No  sir” I shook my head no but they were already singing and cheering. They pushed Jiyong near me and he wasn’t smiling or even doing a thing. He was just looking at me. Why the cold stare?

 

“Be a man Jiyong” Some lad yelled.

 

My eyes widen when I felt Jiyong’s arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him while his other hand reached for my cheeks. I saw the way he leaned closer to my lips, His eyes are close and I can’t even close my eyes. Ottoke! Then later on I heard the people cheered more and clapped their hands.

 

It was him who broke our contact and walk away. “Come on, let’s go back to work” He yelled and other groaned but heed his words. They went back to work and I walked back to the ladies area. I sat quietly near auntie while helping her packing the apples.

 

“He must really love you so much, my dear. Aigoo youngblood” Auntie muttered and elbowed me. I smiled at her and nod my head. Didn’t want her to know that deep inside me, I’m hurt. If only that kiss was true.

 

Aigoo!! What the hell are you thinking Dara!! Do you expect him to kiss you for real?? Wake up girl, you hurt him!

 

He kissed me only at the side of my lips were I thought he would kiss me straight on the lips. Though it looked like he kissed me on the lips but he pushed my face away from him and kissed the side of my mouth instead. It hurts you know. Damn it hurts. I really need to talk to him.

 

_____________________________________

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

I glanced at my watch and it’s already 5:30 in the afternoon. I went out of the house and thought of walking the street and watch the sunset. So I went to knock on the bathroom where Dara was taking a bath but she didn’t answer. Maybe it’s fine if I just leave. For sure she won’t even find me.

 

I went out out the house and found uncle talking to a man few feets away from me. He saw me glanced at him and not long he walked together with me. We were talking about Dara and other matters when I saw a trail leading to the mountain.

 

“Uncle, where is this trail lead to?” I asked.

 

“Oh, it’s just a resting place the villager built. It’s just a viewing area if you want to capture the sun set kissed by the ocean. There’s only a bench there, if you want to rest. Just be careful though, it’s a hill”

 

“Oww, can I go see the place?” I asked. I really need to be alone.

 

“Sure, just bring a flashlight with you in case it gets dark. Here, you can use this”

 

He then gave me a keychain with a flashlight on them. I smiled for it was cool. It’s small and looks like a toy. “Thank you” I bowed a little and we part ways. Thank God I am now alone. It didn’t take long and I reached the place. Though it’s kinda stiff and has a 200 steps before you reach it so I am panting so hard. This will be a good exercice. Nice.

 

I spread my arms as if I’m flying when I felt the chilly wind past me. The place is so beautiful and very peaceful. You can see the other mountain and the ocean. They even built a safety steel baluster in case of accident. Dara would be very happy if she’s here. I grinned while her smiling face filled my head. Yet I shook it off and hit my head with my knuckles. I must not think of her.

 

I walked and rested my elbows on the baluster as I saw the ocean below and it’s a good thing that I capture the beauty of sun set. A perfect timing.

 

Uncle was right, there’s nothing in here except for an old bench under a huge tree. I was about to sit on the bench when I decided to lie down on my back on the grass instead. I saw the almost darkened clouds above and could see birds flying happily. The scene is somehow making me calm to the point that I closed my eyes and enjoyed the breeze.

 

Though I felt good now, but I still think of Dara. Why the hell did I do that! Us staying for another day when I have an important business meeting tommorrow? Just what the hell happened to me?

 

Oh yes, it’s because of Dara. She looks so down and sad during the ride back to the train station. Her eyes has dark circles and obviously you can tell that she’s tired, and seeing her cry is the worst scene I want to avoid all the time. And so I did that!! But I regret it now. A while ago when the packs want us to kiss, I can’t do it anyway but I really want to kiss her on the lips. I even saw her sadly stared at me after, but I’m curious as to why she looks so sad. Maybe she’s thinking of Minho, her lover. Why do I even feel guilty?

 

“Stupid” I uttered, not even opening my eyes. I massaged the bridge of my nose and curse nonstop. My chest feels heavy, but each time I saw her laugh, my chest feels light then back to being heavy again. It hurts you know, and I don’t know what to do. I just wish the time will past really fast. I want to get away from her.

 

She’s not even helping. How could I forget my feelings when she’s being like this. She should be here with Minho and not me. “Damn it!” I cursed. I tried to calm down and just enjoyed the breeze. It helps somehow.

 

I opened my eyes and watch the sky. I sighed, I placed my hands behind my head to serve as my pillow and blankly staring at the dark blue sky. I gently smile, This place is nice and beautiful. Somehow I too want to stay. I’ve been working a lot lately, I know that and I have to take a vacation too. Maybe staying here for another night isn’t that bad though.

 

“Ji”

 

What the! My eyes flew to the owner of the voice and I saw Dara with her hands on her knees, bent down, and panting so hard. I rolled my eyes and went back to facing the sky, closing my eyes. See? How can I even forget my feelings for her when she’s always near me. So damn near.

 

I tried to ignore her presence but then I felt her sat near me. “What a view!! So beautiful. Why didn’t you tell me you’re going here?”

 

As if I know this place exist. It only happens that I saw the trail by accident.

 

“Wow, the wind is so gentle but cool and the smell of dirt and trees is very calming” she cheered.

 

I know right.

 

“Hey, are you sleeping? I know you’re not so say something” I then felt her lightly punch my stomach, maybe twice or three.

 

Ohh get away!!

 

Silence came after but in few minutes I felt her laid her head on my arm and felt her arm on my chest. I can even feel her breath on my armpit. What the hell is she doing?? She’s so close! Somehow I became stiff. Even if my eyes is closed, I can still feel her watching at me. I felt raged instead of being calm. Why is she doing this?

 

“It’s been a long time that we’re this close. What happen to us Ji? Why can’t we forget the past? Why is everything falling apart when we did our best to build the friendship we have?” I felt her sniff my armpit and felt her thumbs caressing my chest.

 

It’s true, we always cuddle, we always play, we’re always together, we barely fight, and with no malice at all. I thought we will never be apart. I thought our friendship will last forever but it’s slowly falling apart. Here I am, even trying to push her away.

 

Aishht!!!!!  What is she doing to me. There are a lot of questions between us that is hard to answer.

 

“Don’t you think we need to talk?” she whispered so softly that I barely hear it.

 

I opened my eyes and leaned my head on her direction. I didn’t know that she was so close that our nose already touched and our lips almost kiss, yet no one flinched.

 

“Ji” she whispered again that her minty warm breath touched my lips. Her voice is a little husky that it sounds like she was inviting me to kiss her. Damn! I want to kiss her. I want to hold her, I want to own her.

 

But I no longer have the right to make her mine. She belongs to someone else now.

 

“Fine let’s talk” I hissed and pushed her away from me. I sat up and raked my hair with my fingers. I’m getting tired of this.

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry for posting a late update. I was on vacation that's why.. Next chapter is the start!! kkkkk

 

"What part of being a woman/man do you love the most when it comes to love or in a relationship"

 

LIRPAevolDARAGON ummm maybe i love the most is my being not so nosy with my other half's privacy.. i trust him not to do stupid things behind my back. I'm not really the type of girl to get jealous with boyfriend who talks to other girls because for me it's pretty normal.

          -Me too. Boys hate girls whenever we do that, though girls are born to be nosy and curious all the time. 

 

kyoran_chii The part I love the most about being a woman in love/relationship? I get to be pampered by boyfie and I get an excuse to be a little y and know my man understands me because it's that day of the month again 

          -You're so lucky, most of the guys I know wants to be pampered. They love mature minded girls.. Aigoo.Their silly!! girls are the one who needs pampering so I agree with u!! U go girl!!

 

wenkie0414 well for me the entirety of the relationship not just a part of it.. Within it there is the one you hate most and the one you love most so it balances.. i dunno hahaha well i am a practical hopeless romantic woman so i weigh the pros and cons but still go with my gut feeling.

          -I understand what u mean. Girls like u should be courted by boys because u know how to balance the relationship. I have hard time doing that. I'm not always positive.

 

 

For my 34th question,

 

"What do you think is the single most important thing for a relationship to be successful?"

 

 

 

Keep on smiling,

 

Aeiya-luvs-u