Sleepless Night

Bridge To His Heart

 

 

Though my plan did work, but looks like I’m the one having hard time here. First it was the guilt from lying to uncle and autie, then second, it’s Jiyong. Why the hell did I lie about us being newlyweds? I could jut say we’re friends and got lost but why husband?

 

I hit my head on the wall as I was taking a quick bath. I lightly punched my chest for its beating so fast. My skin feels ticklish as I remember his bare chest, his muscly arms and his perfect y back, and- and-.

 

Oh I can’t go further than that. So I scratch my hair instead of massaging it and messily whisk the shampoo on it and once again drown myself on the shower. I am trying to erase that image from my brain but it’s still there!

 

How am I going to sleep in a room with him? I thought this idea will be a piece of cake but his presence could make me lose my mind, just like the old days. Though my problem is, how do I tell him the truth that I always love him?

 

It’s still so hard to confess even if I knew already that he loves me. But I want to do it at the right time, and at the right place. Yet, I’m nervous. There’s so many what if’s out there and I’m afraid to take the risks.

 

****

 

Wearing only  one piece of night gown that falls on my knees, I entered the room wearing only my and no bra of course. It’s uncomfortable.

 

Good thing the night gown Auntie lent me is not too short or else I might be too conscious. I took a glance inside and found Jiyong’s already on the bed while his back faced mine. I took a step quietly as possible and opened the wooden closet to search for an extra comforter and a thick blanket for Jiyong didn’t even bother preparing my bed. How could he!

 

But in disappointment, there’s no comforter or even a blanket. Only a pillow and a plain white towel was there. Just where the hell am I going to sleep?

 

I looked at the sleeping dragon and I pouted when I now saw him grnning at me while he’s resting his head on his hand. He even positioned himself at the center of that tiny comforter and pat the empty space beside him, motioning me to sleep beside him.

 

“No way!!” I glared and shook my head left and right. “Yah!!” I yelled whisperingly and covered my front with the towel I grab on the drawer. I saw him glance at my chest and his grin faded but then he smirked at me while I look the other way, faking that I’m annoyed when in fact I feel hot inside for I saw him gulp.

 

Here we go again. I feel the connection and the between us again. Aigoo.

 

“Yeobo-ah, let’s go to sleep” Jiyong pat the empty space beside him that got my attention.

 

“Will you stop that!! I can’t-” I stopped when he interrupted.

 

“Fine then, go sleep outside!” He hissed and rolled his eyes. He even went back to sleep and turn his back to face me.

 

Where the hell is my sweet and gentle Kwon Jiyong?

 

Aisht. I pouted and walked at the empty space beside him. Of course I don’t want to sleep outside and this is all my idea anyway. If only I could take it back but there’s nothing to do anymore but to obey.

 

I sat next to his and slip my feet inside the covers. It’s a good thing Jiyong’s facing the opposite direction for everytime I feel my feet touch his skin, I bit my lower lip. I felt electrified and making my skin feel ticklish. Gahd. I then removed the towel covering my peaks and fold it so that I can use it as my pillow and place another pillow above the towel. I really can’t sleep without a pillow or if the pillow in not thick enough. I then slowly dropped my body on the comfort of the bed facing the opposite as well and felt his back on my back.

 

“Tch” I heard him smirk that made me elbowed his back.

 

“Tease!” I snort.

 

“Yes I am”

 

“Jerk!”

 

Aigoo. My heart once again beats so fast and I’m afraid he might hear it. I covered myself with the blanket and it felt really warm. I think it’s really a nice idea that we only have a regular size bed because if it was a queen size bed, then it’ll be so cold.

 

Yet in just few minutes I felt that I really have no space. Jiyong’s been accupying 70 % of the bed while I only have the remaining.

 

“Ji, could you move farther?”

 

No response. I elbowed him softly but he’s not reacting. I know Jiyong too much that I knew he wasn’t sleeping yet. He snore right after he’s in deep sleep. I make fun of him because ofthat so I know he’s not asleep yet. I elbowed him once again but he still gave me nothing.

 

I then began to poke his waist and his back with my forefinger to tickle him but sad to say he just slap away my hands and heard him grunt. Aigoo.

 

“Come on!! Give me space too” I whined and began to push him a bit through his back. “I’m not playing aroud Ji, MOVE!” I groaned when he didn’t even move, instead I push him using both of my feet while I sat up but I saw him use his feet to hinder himself on getting pushed. Now we look like we’re playing.

 

In the end, it was I who surrender first while I heard him chuckling. “Jerk!” I hissed while I’m still panting.

 

“Tch,  Just say the magic word” He suddenly uttered.

 

“What?” The hell. What’s the magic word? Abracadabra?

 

“10, 9,....5, 4,..” He start counting.

 

“Yah!” I hit his arms with my palm. He’s such a pain.

 

“3, 2...”

 

“Yah, what’s the magic word?” I asked.

 

“1,... and times u—“

 

“Please” I can only plead. He’s being a pain really.

 

“Arasso.”

 

Hearing that, I gasped. What the! He then move but still without glancing at me. “Thank you” I breath out and smiled. How could I forget, he always tease me like this back when we were at primary school. He used to teach me how to say ‘please’ for I don’t use it all the time. Gosh I was a brat and stubborn, I know that. I lie down once again but the smile on my lips won’t go away.

 

There it goes again, my heart’s beating so loud again that’s making me scared.

 

An hour past and I still can’t sleep, but Jiyong’s already in deep sleep that he’s already snoring. I went to face him because my left side’s already numb and so I move to my right and now stare at his muscly back. I didn’t even know that he’s sleeping without his shirt. How do I know? I wasn’t even looking at him, afraid that I might stare and drool just like what I did awhile ago.

 

But now his wide broad shoulders is just an inches away from my face. Though I already turn off the lights but the lights outside the window is enough for me to stare and drool at his bare skin. I gulped. This is making me lose my mind and make me hungry for some air. I need to breath but I can’t. This feeling is suffocating me.

 

I suddenly sat up and embraced my own knees. I finger combed my hair and burried my face on the blanket covering my knees. How could he sleep like that? I’m a girl, I mean a woman here. Aisht. I want to sleep at another room but I can’t. This is all my idea anyway. So what am I going to do? This is making me crazy.

 

I once again  took a peek at his body and I drooled when his uncovered body is now mesmerizing my eyes. I didn’t know that I took half the blanket with me when I sat up, and now he’s on a supine position. But his dragon ball tattoo got my attention. I don’t remember him having that tattoo before so that is new to my eyes. My fingers involuntary touch his tattoo and I felt electrified all over my body. My middle finger caressed the 8 red stars inside the ball. How could he drew something like this in his body. It look so painful.

 

I leaned forward and use my elbows as my pillow, My eyes is set on his tattoo that I found very beautiful, captivating and very hypnotizing. My finger then drew an imaginary line on his chest down to his stomach and back again on his tattoo. I don’t know what happened but I just felt my lips softly kiss his tattoo. I don’t even know for how long I made contact with his skin. But as soon as I snap back in reality, I bit my lips and move away from him.

 

What am I doing?

 

I ran away from that room and went outside with nothing but my one piece nighties that aren’t even thick enough to block the coldness and just a pair of slippers I found at the corner. I can’t sleep in that room with him. I just can’t. What is wrong with me?

 

I hit my head while I sat at the outdoor bench and watch the night sky. I punch my chest where my heart’s beating and softly cursed myself while breathing so hard. It’s so cold and I felt the chilly wind passing me by. I can’t go inside now.

 

“Stupid you! So Stupid!!”

 

____________________________________________

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

“Wake up!! Wake up!!”

 

I blinked twice and stretched. I’m so tired that I still want to sleep but everytime my eyes closes, Dara would kick my leg. She was saying random things or is she telling me a story? I don’t know for I’m still half asleep and she’s been talking nonstop while walking to the window and open it.

 

I groaned when the I felt the warm welcome of the sun rays. Yeah, it’s already morning and it feels like I just slept an hour ago.

 

“What time is it?” I said while my voice is hoarse.

 

“7:00. Get up now, we’ll be on our way in an hour” she ansered.

 

“Let me sleep more. It’s too early” I whined and went back to bury my face on the pillow. There’s still plenty of time left anyway. With this technology we have nowadays, it’ll be easy for us to find  Grammy’s place in no time.

 

“No!! No!! Aunt and I already made our breakfast and you’re the only one we are waiting. Come on!! Don’t you dare make them wait for you. Besides, they’ll be asking what kind of husband are you who sleep all the time? And I don’t know what to answer”

 

Aisht, it’s her stupid idea anyway.

 

I then sat up and kick the blanket away. She’s right anyway, I don’t want those two kind people to think that I’m a pain in the to my wife. Damn it’s all her idea and I shouldn’t feel guilty about it. I took a glance at her and she’s staring at my tattoo on my chest but I just ignore her and went to grab the shirt I placed at the table.

 

“H-hey where are you going?” She said when I walked to a different path. I don’t know but did she just stutter?

 

I went to look at her and I smirked. “I need to go to the bathroom, it’s morning you know. Wanna come with me?” I teased and she looked down on my thighs then up again. I grinned when I saw her face turn red and avoided my eyes. “I’ll be out in a while, just go and tell them. I won’t be long” I pointed and went out. Dara’s been acting weird, doesn’t she?

 

She’s been blushing too much yesterday and to think that it’s still there today? What’s going on in that brain of her’s.

 

*****

 

An hour past and it’s already 8:30 in the morning and we were now ready to go. I was pulled on a tight embrace and I return the gesture to the kind lady. “You take care of your wife alright? As much as I want you both to stay more but I know you both need to go. Be careful on your way okay”

 

Then later on, it was Dara’s turn to be embraced. I walk inside the truck on the back seat and waiting for Dara.

 

“Sorry about my wife, she’s very sensitive and emotional as she age” The old man who offers to help us find grammy’s address, uttered and smiled at me.

 

“She’s not the only one. My wife is like that too but it makes me more eager to protect her. I bet you do too right?” I said to the old man as we were watching the two girls hug each other and looks like their already crying.

 

Not long, Dara sat beside me on the backseat and just after she closed it, uncle already brought the engine to life and we left the small but very beautiful village behind. I was surprised actually with the place. The village is very small but very rich in natural resources. The village is also near the beach, and the residential area is located on the elevated part of the placvillage. Somehow a cliff. We failed to notice it last night for it’s already dark but just awhile ago I fell in love with the place. I bet Dara also love it more than I do.

 

Back to my fake wife,I saw her still sobbing while bending her head low and playing with her fingers.

 

“Hey, stop crying already” I whispered. Poor her. Truth is, I don’t want to see her crying.

 

“I can’t help it” she said with her trembling voice.

 

“Aigoo, come on look at me” I ordered but she won’t look at me. Without waiting for her, I lift her chin up to face me and wipe off her tears myself. “I don’t want to see you cry so hush now. Besides we can always visit them someday. Will that be alright uncle?”

 

“Of course. Our door will always be open for the both of you” The old man answered and gave Dara a smile.

 

“Thank you” she whispered.

 

I wipe off the last tears she shed and look her in the eyes. She was also looking at me and when she placed her hands above mine while it’s resting on her jaw, I froze and got a little lost with her beauty. She, also was looking at me with the same intensity. I didn’t even know that we were both staring at each other, but it was I who broke the staring battle first.

 

I pulled out my hands and crossed my leg while looking outside the window, totally avoiding her and the situation we’re in. But not long I heard her sneeze. I suddenly glance at her and her nose is a little red.

 

“Don’t tell me you got colds?” I hissed while raising my eyebrow.

 

“Ani. There’s just something that went inside my nose” She said but then she sneezed again and sneeze once again. How come she got colds?

 

“Child, you really have colds. Did you went outside last night?” Uncle uttered.

 

I watched her in the eyes but she avoided it and looked at uncle. “A-Anni. I slept right a-after I took a quick bath” She stuttered that I frowned. Why the hell is she stuttering?

 

“Okay. Maybe you’re not used to the weather here” he said while focusing on driving.

 

I then suddenly grab my handkerchief on my back pocket of my pants and handed it to her. Thank goodness I have it with me. “Here. Take it”

 

“Oh thank you honey”

 

Honey? And she said it as if she’s used to saying it.

 

She accepted and blew her nose on the cloth. Poor Dara. “Are you sure you’ll be fine?” I asked.

 

“Very” She nod her head and gave me a smile.

 

Yet, in just few minutes, I felt her head’s resting on my shoulder as I’m looking over the window. I took a glance at her and she’s indeed sleeping. “Yah!” I tried to wake her up, shrugging my shoulder. It’s still early for a nap. Is she that sleepy? Or maybe she couldn’t sleep last night. But that’s impossible. She was already sleeping when I fell asleep, wasn’t she?

 

“Look’s like you tire her too much last night. Don’t you think?” Uncle uttered that got my attention. Of course I know what he meant. I saw him grin.

 

“Ohh” I was about to say something but decided not to. I don’t want to lie more.

 

“Aiyoo. There’s no need to be shy son”

 

“Deh” I looked at the sleeping Dara and tangled her hand in mine. I move closer to her so that she could sleep more comfortably on my shoulder. I even made my other arm be her pillow and rest it on her arm, pulling her closer to me. I could even smell her shampoo and that made me kiss her forehead and in the end, I went to look at the other side and just watch the beautiful scene outside the window. But before doing that, I saw uncle watching me on the rear view mirror with a smile on his lips. He nod his head and went to focus on driving once again.

 

A smile escaped my lips but only in just few seconds before I put on my poker face.       

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I will post another lovie daragon chappie for my next update, then after that, the revelation.. Hope you enjoy. Saranghaeyo!!

 

"If you only have one person to save, who will you save? Your bestfriend or your girl/boyfriend? What will you do?"

 

wenkie0414 it is difficult indeed having to choose between your best friend and your bf/gf. well if it is just bf and not really that serious i would save my best friend, becoz i know he/she will do the same. Friendship can last a lifetime while bf/gf relationships will change.

          -I am loyal too. *giggle. I know it is really hard to answer this kind of question but thank you for answering it. What you answer actually shows how loyal you are as a friend, and it's a good thing. Keep it up. Thank you for accepting me as one of your friend as well. *smile

 

whitering bf of lover? hm... it's very hard question. that situation.. maybe i can't choose. maybe i will save someone, but it's not my choice.

          -I know what you mean by this. You will save someone out of help without making a decision of whom you will save first. Good answer. Thank you for enlighting me. Helping is not a decision, it's a will.

 

 Lakeland I would pray that my best friend was my boyfriend.....

          -kkkkkkk, Yea right. When this incident will happen to me, I too will wish that both my bestie and my lover is just 1 person (But I hope the situation won't happen to me *knock on wood). The only question is, What if?

 

ephrael Bf or best friend? I will definitely save my best friend. I will love my bf (if i have) but I love more my best friend. We've been together for a long a time and she can't be replaced. She's one of a kind. I prefer friendship than romantic relationship.

          -Ohhh, I have nothing to say but that friend of yours is the most lucky person to have you as a friend. Thank you.

 

kyoran_chii I have no idea who to save lol, can I just save my bestfriend and die along with my boyfriend?

          -kkkk, I already heard this kind of answer so this made me smile. Hehehe, let's just wish this situation won't happen to us. Thank you for answering though. Saranghae!

 

 

For my 33rd question,

"What part of being a woman/man do you love the most when it comes to love or in a relationship"

 

 

Keep on smiling,

 

Aeiya-luvs-u