Chapter Eight

Taming of the monkey

The next day the school was in chaos. Girls were screaming, guys were whispering. Something definitely was up. Heechul and Hae left the teacher's lounge and followed the screams.

'I have a bad feeling about this.' Heechul mumbled.

'You are such a dramaqueen sometimes.' Hae laughed.

Heechul's eyes suddenly widened. 'Hae turn around now, go back to the lounge'

'What why? Why are you acting so stra...' Hae's jaw dropped as he saw Kyu being kissed thoroughly by a blonde. He noticed his brother was completely out of this world. He frowned. Then his eye caught the prominent jawline of the blonde. Was that?

Hae harshly grabbed the blonde by the shoulder and turned him around. His eyes locked on Eunhyuk's. Seconds passed as he registered the swollen lips, the panting,...

'Like my new hair colour? Kyu sure does.' Eunhyuk asked.

Hae woke up from his trance his eyes shifting now from Kyu to Hyuk and back.

Hyuk noticed how utterly devastated Hae looked and swallowed.

Hae's eyes reflected so much hurt. Kyu gained access to his brain back and looked at his brother. What was wrong with Hae?

'Hae?' Kyu whispered so softly only Hyuk and Hae could hear. Hyuk winced. Hae turned around and ran off. But not fast enough for Hyuk to fail to notice tears welling up in his teacher's eyes.

'You two, to my office, NOW' Heechul yelled.

 

'Explain!' Heechul screamed.

'What's the big deal. I just felt like kissing this cutie.' Hyuk said lazily while smirking at a blushing Kyu.

'Kyuhyun did he force you in any way?' Heechul asked.

'He kind of startled me, sir but not really forced.' Kyu couldn't make eye contact.

'Never thought you were gay.' Heechul harshly said.

'I'm very much into girls but...' Kyu stated and looked confused at Hyuk when the latter snorted.

'Eunhyuk is popular and you wanted a slice?' Heechul finished Kyu's sentence for him.

Silence.

'So you both used each other. You must be so proud!' Heechul was beyond angry. He had seen Hae's face. This stab was more than just one in the back but Heechul hadn't figured out exactly why yet.

 

The classroom door opened and Hyuk immediately looked towards it. Hae came in, his head slightly down.

'Hi guys, let's immediately start!' He sounded....chirpy.

Hae turned his back to his class and started writing stuff on the white board.

The entire lesson he kept that up, not making eye contact with anyone.

The students all felt something was up, they were very quiet and cooperative.

The bell rang. 'Thanks for your attention, I'll see you all friday.'

Hae started wiping the white board.

'I have a question.' Eunhyuk said. Only they were left in the room.

'Sure.' Donghae said while still wiping the board.

'I would like you to look at me when I talk, sir.' Eunhyuk said.

Hae briefly locked eyes and then turned his gaze down again.

Hyuk was startled. Hae's eyes were red and puffy. He had been crying.

Instead of satisfaction, Hyuk felt a pang in his heart. He surpressed the want to comfort the older.

'Nevermind, I-I understand now.' Hyuk ran off.

Hae dropped himself on his chair and held his head. He had no right to feel this upset yet his shoulders started jerking a bit and new formed tears ran down his cheeks. Suddenly he felt two arms around him.

'Shhhhh, I'm here for you.' Heechul's voice was uncharacteristically soft and soothing. He cradled the younger in his arms.