Chapter Twelve

Taming of the monkey

Heechul was pacing up and down his office. He's been thinking about the KyuHae situation all morning. Abuse pisses him off. He knew the police wouldn't really be interested.

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk entered. They just sat down and didn't say anything. Heechul forced himself to stop pacing and sat behind his desk. He could see Kyu was nervous and Hyuk...something was different about Hyuk. Heechul's eyes narrowed. He got distracted when Donghae entered. Heechul scanned his friend's face. Donghae looked more uneasy than usual and shy even.Then Heechul glanced again at Eunhyuk and saw the younger's predatory glare. He smirked. Something has happened between those two.

'Good, we are all here.' Heechul started. 'I've been thinking and the most important thing right now is your safety. Do you have anyone near that you can trust and where you can stay?'

'We just moved here a couple of months ago.' Kyu said while he shook his head.

'Okay then you both move in with me.' Heechul said.

Donghae's head shot up. 'What?'

'Just for a short while until we have worked out how to solve this rotten thing.'

Donghae thought about it. 'Kyu, you'll stay with Mr. Kim.'

'What about you, Hae?' Kyu frowned.

'I have to go fetch some important documents, I'll be joining you later on tonight. Kyu, make a list of things you want me to bring from the house.'

 

'Hae, can I come over tonight?' Eunhyuk asked.

School just had ended and Hae was getting ready to go home while Eunhyuk still had dance practice.

'Eunhyuk, call me Mr. Lee.' Hae sighed. 'What we've done today was wrong.'

Hyuk cocked up an eyebrow 'Really now?'

'Yes, you are my student, I should protect you, not damage you.'

'Oh please, you can't even damage a fly if you tried.'

'Eunhyuk...'

Hyuk leaned in and gently kissed Hae. 'Please, I want to continue what we started.'

'No.'

'Fine! Be an . See if I care. It was nothing special anyway!' Hyuk screamed out of frustration. He ran off.

 

Hae was in deep thought when he was driving home. He thought about his umma, Kyu's appa and Kyu. But often his thinking was interrupted with visions of Eunhyuk. What they had done was wrong but god it had felt so good. He got butterflies all over just thinking about the boy. It wasn't even his looks, although the blonde was gorgeous. It was the sharp mind, the wit, the good heart, the way he is protective of his umma. Even the rebellous side. Hae sighed as he couldn't help but smile a little. His mind finally caught up with his eager heart. He definitely was deeply in love with Eunhyuk.

He got out of his car and walked into his house.

'Hi, son, long time no see.' A vicious voice made Hae freeze. 'Where is my real son?'

'K-Kyu is not here.'

'I see. Too bad, I wanted him to witness what happens when people disobey me.'

'Where is umma?'

'She didn't want to see her biggest failure.'

Hae didn't respond.

His stepdad approached him, slowly unbuckling his belt.

'How much money do you need this time?' Hae asked softly. He felt his mind leaving his body already as a reaction to this all to familiar situation.

'The usual, double it, since it took us longer to find you.'

Hae got his check book and wrote down the amount.

'And remember, Donghae, if you ever stop providing for us in any way, I have the means to force Kyu back with us. He's my son and he's a minor.'

Hae started shaking.

'And if you go to the police again, well,  you know what happened last time.'

The first hit ripped his shirt. The white cloth turned a bit red at the tear.

'Lose the shirt, I want to see the art I am making.'

Hae opened his shirt, revealing his back.

Kyu's appa kept hitting him with the belt and verbally abusing him. 'You really are worth nothing, even your appa took his own life as soon as you were born.'

Hae didn't respond, he barely screamed. His mind had left his body. Complete lockdown. 

Mr. Cho got annoyed by the lack of response and started kicking Hae.

'See you next time, you little piece of .'

Hae's last thought was Eunhyuk's rare gummy smile. Then he lost consciousness.

 

Eunhyuk had finished dance practice. He wondered if Donghae would still be at his place. He figured it couldn't harm to check. He waited for the bus.

As he arrived at the house he felt excited through anticipation. He saw Hae's car. He rang the bell. No response. Hyuk frowned. He rang it again. He walked over to a side window. He froze. Was that a leg? He quickly took off his jacket, wrapped it around his arm and smashed the window. He entered and ran towards Hae. He immediately started crying. He saw the bloody mess on the back and the bruises on the face and stomach. He called an ambulance.

'Hae, please wake up.' Hyuk was cradling his head on his lap. He could hear the sirens in the distance. 'I'll be good from now on, but please be okay.' He sobbed. 'I'm so sorry for yelling at you earlier. I'm so sorry baby.'