Chapter Forty Six

Taming of the monkey

Kyu had dragged Hae a bit further away and had ordered the others to get them some food. Hyuk had scoffed but Heechul had just smiled and pulled the monkey away.

'So.' Kyu started.

Hae looked up at his brother. 'Hmmm?'

'Why do you need support?'

Hae reddened.

'Hae Hae?' A smirk appeared on Kyu's face.

Hae looked down.

Kyu stopped teasing and pulled him into a hug. 'Whatever it is, I'm here.

Hae leaned on his shoulder and sighed. 'You'll know when it happens'

Kyu caressed his brother's hair. 'Okay. I just don't like you this worried about something.'

 

They went all over Paris together, amazed by the many glorious buildings and the delicious food.

Hyuk frowned as he saw Hae drink his third glass of wine. His eyes met Kyu's and he calmed down as he saw a reassuring smile on the younger's lips. They were dining near Sacré Coeur. The sunset colouring the evening sky in all shades of pink. Their view over Paris was breathtaking.

Hae suddenly got up, slipped and fell on Hyuk's lap. He giggled.

'Baby, are you ok?' Hyuk was getting really worried now at his lover's unusual behaviour.

'Hyukkie...' He wrapped his arms around Hyuk's neck. He aimed for his mouth but ended up at his ear. He giggled again.

'Are you drunk?'

'Just a little tipsy, I needed to be.'

'Why?'

'Shhhhh it's a secret' He exclaimed in a loud whisper.

Hyuk frowned.

'You can't tell my boyfriend.'

Kyu cleared his throat, trying to get his brother's attention.

'You can't tell him what?' Hyuk's voice was strained.

'That I love him endlessly.' Hae's eyes got dreamy.

Hyuk stared at that beautiful face, lit up softly by the glow of the sunset. 'He loves you even more.' He said huskily.

Hae's eyes turned serious, leaving the playfullness. 'Really?'

'Yes, Hae, really.'

'But...'

Hyuk waited, sensing the next words would be important.

'But I'm damaged. I don't...unff'

Hyuk had pushed his lips against him to silence what he knew would come next. Heechul grabbed Kyu's hand under the table and squeezed it softly as he saw the boy was getting emotional as well.

Hyuk pulled back. 'I'm sorry you had such a horrible past, baby but you are everything to me. I don't want anything more than you beside me. You are perfect for me.'

Hae's heart skipped. 'Good, then you have to promise to say yes to all I ask.'

'What? N-no.' Hyuk's eyes fell on the huge pout. 'Baby, please.' He begged. He felt himself falling in those sad sad eyes. 'Just ask me what you want and I'll see if I can do it for you, ok? I'll try hard, baby.'

Hae seemed to be thinking.

'There are no guarantees in life.' Heechul suddenly spoke up.

'Just jump, bro.' Kyu added.

'What the hell are you two talking about?' Hyuk was getting beyond frustrated, sensing he was the only one not getting it.

Hae placed his finger against Hyuk's plump lips. He got off his lap and kneeled. Hyuk's eyes widened. 'Hae, are you hurt?'

'Lee Eunhyuk.' Hae said softly. He gulped, he reached out for his glass but Kyu quickly removed it. He sighed. He looked back at a panicking Hyuk. 'Please be mine.'

Hyuk tried to pull his lover up. 'What is wrong with you? I am yours, I have been for a while now!'

Hae closed his eyes and swallowed. 'I-I m-mean.' He stuttered.

Hyuk suddenly grasped what was going on. 'Oh hell no!'

The three others froze. Hae looked devastated as Heechul held back a fuming Kyu.

'How could you try to ask me this?' Hyuk yelled.

'I-I'm s-sorry.' Hae bursted out in tears.

'No, don't cry damn it!' Hyuk growled as he finally succeeded in pulling him up. He was frustrated beyond believe. 'You ruin everything!'

Heechul felt his blood boil and released Kyu. The younger immediately hit Hyuk hard. Heechul pulled Hae in a hug.

'Why the hell are you hitting me for?' Hyuk screamed.

'If you don't want to marry him, just let him down easily, no need to hurt him like this!' Kyu shouted.

Tears were forming in Hyuk's eyes. 'You don't get it! Hae, look at me, pl-please.'

Hae looked at the man he loved more than anything in this world.

Hyuk realised what his impulsive reaction had caused and was crying as hard as his lover now. He reached into his pocket and opened his hand.

'Well, me.' Kyu cussed.

'Cho Kyuhyun!' Heechul softly slapped the younger's head.

Hyuk and Hae were in their own world. They just had eyes for each other.

'Y-you too?' Hae whispered.

Hyuk roughly wiped the tears out of his own eyes and nodded. 'I wanted to ask you tonight.'

Hae pulled out a similar box out of his pocket.

They opened it at the same time and smiled softly.

'They are exactly the same.' Kyu whispered.

The boxes each held a beautiful identical ring.

'I should ask you, my love.' Hyuk said softly.

'I'm older.' Hae's stubborn side woke up.

'I top.'

Hae bit his lip and a stern look appeared in his eyes. 'We could change that.' He threatened.

'Figures they would even bicker over this.' Heechul chuckled. Kyu leaned on his shoulder. 'Bunch of idiots.' He muttered, suspiciously wiping something from his eyes.

Hyuk's eyes widened. Then he chuckled as he caressed the pink shade on Hae's cheeks. 'Let's do it together.'

Hae softened. He nodded.

'Marry me.' They said in sync.

'Yes.' Hae whispered.

'Hell yes.' Hyuk shouted. He cupped Hae's face and kissed him passionately.

'And this is our cue to disappear.' Heechul whispered, dragging Kyu with him, leaving the couple in their own world.